Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Know Your Worth

Kayin Verd

K
"And this time, I suggest that you STAY gone!"

The large bouncer had just pulled Kayin from the gambling tables all the way across the room to the door where he had succsessfully thrown the girl outside for the second time this night. The man grunted with irritation as he gave off one lase warning glare before he turned back around to slowly head inside the busy cantina again.

Kayin sat there on the ground for a moment, dusting herself off while her nostrils flared with anger. Not just because of the bouncer, he just had a job to do, but because she had been called out for her questionable way of gambling even before making any money. Now getting herself back on her feet she threw a glare up and down the street while deciding where to go or what to do. Maybe she should just have called it a night but her inner demon wouldn't let her return to that awful little room she rented for herself without any catch at all. A girl got to eat, right?

Standing to the side of the street for a little while, she scanned the crowd of people for her next victim. They never knew she had even been in their pockets until she was far gone. She had learned from the best, her own brother. Now spotting an older man, she figured she'd make this easy on herself. Kayin walked up to keep pace with him for a while, studying the movement of his jacket and rythm of his steps until she finally decided to strike as she quickly walked up at his side, slightly behind him and quickly put her small hand inside one of his pockets to grab whatever she could first feel inside it.

George S.S. Kragg

George S.S Kragg

G

Know your worth

740899B5-9B6A-4BC4-91A4-38489F1BC8D8.png

Tag: Kayin Verde

The Shining Jewel of the Galaxy, Coruscant was one of those places that blended corruption with beauty. Every major corporation within the galaxy had a branch office on the planet and the Northern Run Merchant Guild is no different. Trademaster Kragg Sr would begin walking out of the branch office headquarters with his large blue fur coat with white trim, orange silk cape and large hat upon his head. Not to mention his smoking pipe filled to the brim with glitterstim spice from Kessel. He looked good enough to rob without effort. Of course this was all planned out before hand, scouting talent to man the Quarter's Galleon took effort. He went away from the entrance, simply walking down the street. Puffing some smoke as it seemed to linger around him.

He was just about on merchant row, when he felt that slight impression of a hand reaching into his pocket. Inside would be fake credits stamped with his own face upon them. Not acceptable tender and worthless to anyone. Reaching into his jacket quickly and subtle to withdraw his E-851 Blaster Pistol and spin it into his unoccupied hand. Waiting until she had almost withdrew her hand, he grabbed it with a quick yoink of his black gloved one. Spinning around now to point the blaster pistol dangerously close to her head.

"Well now, what do we have here.." - Trademaster Kragg Sr asked in a firm tone, smoke puffing around him. As his eyes seemed to almost unnatural glow as the shadow of the coruscanti sun would hit his back. Casting an imposing shadow. His finger dangerously close to the trigger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kayin Verd

K
Picking pockets usually didn't require any effort, not when it had become like second nature after years of training. He had an relaxed pace and really seemed like his head were somewhere else at the time, perhaps he was planning on what or where to get some late night dinner or going through his day in his mind. The way he puffed on his pipe gave off an extra serene vibe and so the little thief never foresaw that within the next moments, a pistol would be held against her head.

It happened so quick. The last though she even had before he grabbed her wrist was that she hadn't had much luck lately and paper rarely meant she'd get much food. Kayin pulled back her hand and within it was some of the fake credits he had there. But she didn't get the chance to check it out as a gasp of surprise flew from her lungs when her wrist was yanked.

Her eyes shot up at the older man straight away, trying to pull her hand free on instinct. Looking back and forth between the blaster and the man she clearly displayed distress over the situation she had brought herself into. "Don't shoot!" the thief spoke quickly and stopped trying to pull free from his grip. Her free hand was lifted in a gesture of surrender. "I'm sorry" she continued but it didn't really hold any confidence because she knew as well as anybody that it didn't hold water.
"But your pockets are really just full of crap." she regretted her own words instantly, now closing her eyes hard and cursing slightly under her breath. Always had to speak without thinking. What was wrong with her?

She opened her captured hand and showed him his own fake credits as evidence of her claim and puffed some of her wild curls out of her face as the paper blew off of her hand. "Bad quality paper too." The piece of hair she had just blown away slowly fell back right where it had been between her eyes and she seemed a little defeated. "I mean.. " Kayin seemed to be thinking for a quick moment of what she could say to smooth this over but at this time of hour, with her hip kind of hurting from being thrown out of the cantina for the second time in one evening and now getting caught red handed in stealing she was really just fed up with this day and couldn't come up with a single thing that would save her from getting shot like a rat on the street.

"...please, I'll beg if I have to."

George S.S Kragg

George S.S Kragg

G

Know Your Worth

Trademaster Kragg Sr overlooked the girl he had caught red-handed trying to steal from him. His grip was firm and didn't lose even a fraction of an inch having spent many years building up muscles. She had some talent he had to admit, having barely felt her sneaking into his pocket to withdraw some of the fake coinage he had incase someone tried to rob him. Since he was here scouting talent to join his crew of the Quarter's Galleon, this girl might be of some use. Watching her raise her other hand in surrender. Kragg Sr simply smoked his pipe in a calm manner displaying no outward emotion that might indicate his decision.

He watched with some form of amusement as she saw that the coinage was fake, having robbed him for no reward. His finger was still close to the trigger ready to pull it at any minute. He was simply testing her resolve, he needed strong crew on board his mobile shadowport. Anyone weak would be pounded into the dirt by the multiple criminals on board the modified confederacy core ship. He said nothing until she got done speaking, peering down at her some more with his brown eyes. Letting his iron gaze wash over her. The Trademaster would offer her two choices in order to save her life.

"I am not going to shoot you in cold blood, my friend." Trademaster Kragg Sr said as his expression changed into a soft smile. Spinning the pistol around in his hand before putting it back into his jacket with a simple flurry of motion. As a gunslinger one must be prepared to withdraw a blaster quickly to win duels against other gunslingers. His 6 pistols suited that job very well with their light but powerful frame. Although he still held a firm grip on her hand in case she decided to withdraw without hearing his offer.
"I see either two choices for you, one is I turn you over to the Alliance Marshals and you spend several years in jail. The other option is you consider joining my crew." He let the words sink in before revealing his identity to her.

"My name is George S.S Kragg Senior, Infamous Pirate Captain of the Quarter's Galleon. If you are unaware of me, know that I am the 8th Descendant of the Dread Buccaneer Hez Kragg." He stated, although she might be unaware of what the quarter's galleon was. Everyone had heard the legendary adventures of the Dread Buccaneer Hez Kragg, an infamous space pirate during the time of the Old Republic Era. "Since I have revealed my name to you, It is common courtesy for you to say yours." He stated to her, blowing out more smoke as the crows seemed to blend into the buildings. He was ready to use his void in the force ability to make her forget entirely about him. Although the memory would still be there, she would be unable to recall what he looked like. Meaning that anyone investigating him would left at a dead ends.

He waited for her to decide her fate.

Kayin Verd

K
Time had never passed so slowly before.

She really tried her best not to look towards the pistol too much but rather keeping eye contact with the man to express her worry. She was scared, alright, that pistol was awfully close and there were many, many unstable people walking these streets. She didn't know if he was one of them. Kayin was aware that her chances were slim but somehow it seemed luck blessed her with it's presence again. Or did it? All of a sudden he withdrew his weapon and announced that he wasn't going to shoot her after all which had her immediately pull a face of confusion.

With her hand still trapped, Kayin was forced to listen as the man served her two options. Either she would be sent to the Alliance Marshals, which was a thought she absolutely hated, or she joined his crew. This raised a lot of questions which was evident in the expression she showed him. Luckily, Kayin didn't have to ask, as he gladly explained who he was and of his lineage. Hez Kragg was a name she had heard of a few times as it was being used around campfire late at night when the youth gathered. She was pretty sure that she had picked up on his name too somewhere too. She tested to see if he had loosened his grip on her hand while speaking but to no luck.

"It's Kayin Verde, I'm raised on these streets alongside my brother, who I rarely every see anymore." She once again made a futile attempt at freeing her hand. A moment of silence fell as the girl weighed her options. A part of a pirate crew? How bad could it really be? She had absolutely no idea. Hopefully not worse than being turned over to the Alliance Marshals!
"Part of your crew, you say?" she started carefully. The more she thought about it, the more she realized that this was probably a blessing in disguise for someone that had stranded in life like her. A brand new opportunity presented itself in his suggestion to become part of his crew. "I think I'll just accept that." she locked eyes on him once more tested to see if she could have her hand back. "It's not like I have much going on here anyway."

George S.S Kragg

George S.S Kragg

G

Know Your Worth

Kragg watched the subtle chances in body gestures to get a read on what was going through her head. He could sense that the girl was debating the two choices that he had laid out. He doubted anyone wanted to be handed over to the Alliance Marshals, no doubt be interrogated by them. Framing people as mawite's was his favorite past time because they would crack down immensely hard. Piracy had never been so profitable due to the eternal conflicts being waged across the galaxy, between the Brotherhood of the Maw and the Galactic Alliance to the Enclave and the Eternal Empire.

Each of them would secure their borders which ment luxury items and illegal items could be smuggled through these tight checkpoints if one had connections within the bureaucracy. His gaze shifted once she began to say her name and her current situation. Recruiting street vermin was much more beneficial because you could mentor them. Allowing them to follow your legacy. His son certainly wasn't living up to his expectations having went on to become a banker. His most trusted associate within his organization was his gamorrean friend, who was currently overseeing operations on Denon.

He smiled a bit when she said that she was going to join his crew, another scouting mission has been accomplished. Knowing that the girl probably didn't have anything of value here and wanted to give her the same opportunity that he had when he was younger. Letting go off her hand, as he withdrew his into a side pocket. Taking out 50 trade federation credits, extending his hand. "Well, Miss Verde. Welcome to the crew of the quarter's galleon. Here is your first paycheck
. It isn't much but it should be able to buy you new clothes and some aramanets on board the shadowport." Kragg said to her, waiting until she had either taken the credits or rejected them. Pulling his hand back and turning around and walking forward through the crowd. He would not say anything if she decided to dip with the credits and never return. It was up to her to change her fate and become something more.

"Hurry up will you, we got a shuttle to catch." He called out to her if she followed him, beginning to walk without a care in the world. They would arrive within the spaceport in a short while. If she wanted to ask any questions now would be the right time to do so.

Kayin Verd

K
The second he let her hand go, Kayin withdrew it to hide it behind her back like he would snatch it back at any second now. This all took a turn she wasn't prepared for as George now offered her real federation credits and a suggestion of what to spend them on. Holding the papers, the thought of just running away was definitively there! Looking down the street she knew so well, knowing of a side street where she could leap inside a chute and vanish. But why? Maybe this was her way out of the dirt? She would learn new things and meet different people. Or she was being scammed herself and sold into something far worse.

Kayin frowned again, tightening her grip around the credits. Take the risk or loose the chance. "This better not be a scam!" She shouted, still standing where they had been after he turned around to start walking again. "Urgh... Coming!" she shouted again and started to run to catch up with the man, now walking in pace. She really hoped she wouldn't regret this. "I've never left Courscant before. I have no idea what I've agreed to." she heard herself and hated it. It sounded like she spoke herself down. "But I am a quick learner."

As they walked she bumped into another man that told her to watch herself and she quickly apologized and caught up with George once more, just this time she happened to be fickle with some sort of fancy coin purse she snatched. "Is it a big ship? Is the crew large?" Kayin put away the purse and kept a smile. "I guess I'll figure out all of my questions once settled, of course. Like, what kind of job I'll be tasked with. Please, nothing complicated to start with."

George S. S Kragg

George S.S Kragg

G

Know Your Worth

He recalled with great amusement as he was walking away that she put her hand away real quick. He could tell that she was debating her options and she no doubt knew these streets better than himself. If she wanted to hide and not be found then she would do so. Although he suspected that she wanted more than her current life was offering her. Kragg smirked when she called his gesture a potential scam and the thought did come to his mind before the thought of mentoring someone came to the forefront. He listened with interest as they walked through the crowded streets of the city.

She looked down on herself too much and was insecure about her own abilities, although she was a quicker learner and would begin to lose these behaviors over time. He watched out of the corner of his eye when the girl bumped into someone and stole a purse putting it away for now. The Trademaster would have to show her a few tricks to pickpocketing. Tools of the trade when you begin using false money to play sabacc, not having to worry about the risk of bankruptcy. "Indeed the vessel is quite large, we have approximately 500 crew underneath my command." He answered her question with a slight smile from his wrinkled but distinguished lips. "Your starting position is quite easy but I will explain more when we actually arrive within the mobile shadowport." He further added, almost to the dockyard for the shuttle service. Trademaster Kragg would have to teach her a few tricks to pickpocketing along the way. Instead of bumping into someone in a suspicious manner. As he was walking, he redirected the gaze of several people with his finger and quietly & quickly slipped two fingers into jackets and pockets. This motion was fast that the girl would no doubt have trouble keeping up with his seamless movements. All of this took years to practice but she would learn in due time.

He was now holding within his hand several purses and wallets, filled to the brim with credits. An entire month's salary for those that worked within these harsh conditions. Without these they would not make it through the month. "That is your first lesson of the day, Miss Verde. Pickpocketing 101." He laughed, throwing the items within his hand behind himself for her to catch. They arriving at the spaceport now and entering inside the reserved hanger for the shuttle service.

He handed the droid their ticket, purchasing an extra one for the lady. Entering inside and finding himself a seat, waiting for her to sit down beside him. Once she did the shuttle service would take off into the atmosphere of coruscant. Going through civilian and military traffic due to security having been increased due to the recent sacking of coruscant by the Brotherhood of the Maw. The lights of hyperspace would soon be seen as the shuttle engaged once clear of orbit.

Kayin Verd

K
"Five hundred?"

Kayin couldn't help herself and blurted it straight out. "Are you serious? I thought you had like-" the girl paused to figure out what she had pictured about the trademaster. "-up to fifthy maybe?" This thought quickly vanished for her now that she saw him do some odd movements but that was all. Perhaps it was just a quirk of his, after all, she didn't know him yet.
No that was not just a quirk.
The man all of a sudden had his hands full of purses and wallets. She had unconsciously stared to walk closer to him as if to check if what she saw was real. How the feth did he get all of them so smoothly, he had not stopped walking nor changed his pace the entire time. Now staring up at him like he was some sort of ghost or saint, she took in that it was some sort of lesson for her, and boy, was she interested in learning this skill!

A big smile formed on her lips. Perhaps it wasn't such a bad idea to join his crew at all if she could develop her skills and learn new ones coming along with them. Kayin quickly catched the different items he threw behind himself now, full of eager and newfound spirit. "Oh yes! I'll keep you to your word, sir. You have to teach me!" she happily tucked away the items as she catched up to his pace once more.

The shuttle was entirely new to her. Following close just in case somebody would stop her and throw her back out judging by her poor attire, but no one did and she could follow him inside and gratefully took a seat while nervously fickling with some sort of fancy rock that was among the items he had nicked on their way over. It was very obvious that she had never been outside Coruscant as she stared in awe at the space outside the shuttle, increasingly fickling and rubbing at the rock with her neck stretched and eyes shooting from one frame to the necks at everything new. She even nearly gave him a tap to point out one of the ships outside but recalled in the last moment that it was only new to her, not him.

The otherwise chatty thief was now momentarily left speechless as her life quickly changed from roaming the streets to come crossing the galaxy as part of a real crew.

George S.S Kragg

George S.S Kragg

G

Know Your Worth

Adjusting himself in his seat, as the girl sat down next to himself. Looking through the window like a child amazed at their surroundings. Inserting another helping of glitterstim spice into his pipe. Bringing it up to his mouth and beginning to smoke on it. Having a pickpocketer among his crew would be valuable due to the tendency for him to be invited to noblemen parties through his business connections. He simply smiled watching her for a few minutes with his side glance before fully focusing on the seat in front of himself.

The shuttle would emerge from hyperspace around anaxes. Coming face to face with the 750 meter long shadowport that was the Quarter's Galleon. Having stationed it here at the edge of the system to avoid any alliance marshals from coming on board. Its design was much like the confederacy core ships from the original confederacy of independent systems. The hanger doors would open on the 3rd level of the station, allowing the shuttle inside as the door closed behind it. The shuttle would buckle a little as the magnetic clamps were attached due to the possibility of gravitanal sabotages. Stretching himself a bit before walking down the ramp into the hanger bay itself. Looking to see when the girl would join him, once she did he would begin to walk to the administration deck. Pressing the buttons within the lift. Stopping by the crew quarter's level first.

"Feel free to find yourself an empty room, within the crew quarter's. I shall be on the administration deck inputting paperwork into our system. After that you are welcome to explore the ship but do recall that this station is filled with scum and ruthless bounty hunters. So do not let your eyes wander for too long." He cautioned, allowing her to step out of the lift before closing the lift doors with a simple click. Pressing the administration deck as the lift would carry himself up to the front office where he would begin filing paperwork for her to officially join his crew.

Settling himself into his captain's chair. He would begin writing down her name and going through the occupations that he could assign her on board. This would take some time and the girl would not see him for a little bit. Allowing her to explore around and greet the rest of the crew which were friendly enough to new comers but would not hesitate to kill you if you messed with their captain. They could be separated from the normal patrons by the presence of an armband around their arm with their occupation upon it and their rank within the crew.

Kayin Verd

K
It was easy to see that the girl from the streets of Coruscant was easily fascinated by the ride itself and the open space that unfolded itself in front of her. The restless fidgeting of the jewelry didn't stop, however, a dead giveaway of her mind processing something large. Of course this was exciting, an opportunity like this was rare. Of course, it wasn't like she raised through the ranks over night and woke up as a princess or anything, but getting off the streets where you didn't know where your next meal would come from into a life onboard a ship was huge, even if it was 'just' as a pirate.

Kayin was a bit quick witted and reckless by nature, but she was absolutely capable of remaining calm and collected like now, when she sat properly at the mans side until the shuttle stopped and he got up. Only then did she rise herself and followed in a respectable distance of course, trying her very best to take in what she was seeing as well as his words. The lift they had stepped into came to a stop and the doors revealed what would turn out to be the deck where she'd find the crew quarter's and a room that would be only hers. A smile appeared by that very thought.

"Yes, Sir." Kayin nodded happily and kept a clever smirk. "I'm used to bounty hunters and the likes, after all, I grew up around the feet of far worse criminals back on Coruscant." she shrugged off like it was nothing and quickly turned around to go and do like he had told her to.

It didn't take her very long to figure out where to go and she was quite pleased by the room she found for herself. It was quite small and all, just enough room for a bed, a small closet for her clothes and some belongings and some sort of table she could pull out from the wall whenever she was in need of it but it was already far better than any room she had ever ha before. It was probably the small window into the wast space that made her fall in love with it. She could lay on the bed and just look out at the stars every night she'd go to bed.

Leaving behind the small items from the walk through Coruscant in the closet, which was all she had, she now came back outside to go explore the ship and it's crew by herself like the Trademaster had asked her to do, making sure that she didn't give off any impression of being frail nor scared, which she wasn't. This girl was a natural at socialising, hitting off small conversations here and there, Kayin soon spotted the armbands they all seemed to wear with different symbols on them which was indicating their occupation. And speaking of.. she should perhaps to check what kind of occupation she would get herself.

George S.S Kragg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom