Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[SIZE=13.3333px][member="Vexen"] [member="Loske Matson"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333px]A cocksure grin and a roll of Micah’s shoulder relayed that even it it wasn’t, he wouldn’t mind pilfering off with a plate or two. Bright orange eyes would pan over towards the startled crew members. Likely were a bit thrown off by Vex. Honestly, he never really thought anything of it. The best thing they’ve learned to do was just act as normal as possible and not try to aggravate the situation. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333px]The last time someone had a pretty bad reaction to the Defel had been when they went to visit Jace. That had taken a bit of smoothing over. Thankfully, things didn’t escalate then.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333px]Sauntering over to Loske, there was a mischievous twinkle in Micah’s eyes. A glance at the peripheral to Vex reminded him that he was [/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px]supposed[/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px] to be minding his manners. Key word, supposed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333px]The flat of his palms set upon the table, and he made himself comfortable when he sat down in the next instant. Without any shame, he went reaching over for one of the plates with a healthy dose of scrambled eggs and plucked extra rashers of Nuna bacon for himself; one of which was promptly stuffed into his mouth. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333px]“Not a bad start,” Micah praised, flashing a playful wink over to Loske. He was amused at her sudden bashfulness, reading her body to note the subtle nuances of her sheepish expression and then the flick of her eyes at her food and back again. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333px]“Nothing wrong with a healthy appetite.” he would add, more for her benefit. “Although I wouldn’t want to be at Hutt eating contest.” forearms braced upon the table, and he gave a slight incline towards the younger woman.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333px]“I hear they don’t taste that great. [/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px] Too slimy[/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px].” oh he said that on purpose, deliberately twisting the words as if the contest was about eating [/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px]Hutts[/SIZE][SIZE=13.3333px] rather than the amount. [/SIZE]

[member="Micah Talith"] | [member="Loske Matson"]

Vexen's snout turned from Micah to Vexen and back again. With a sigh she pushed herself up from the table. Nose twitched as she looked to the counters. Under the hot lamps there was still some food. And some pastries even. Obviously this was the officer's mess.

She sauntered over towards the counter, long arms hanging close to her ankles as she went. There was someone behind the counter who looked utterly disinterested.

“You're one of our guests then?” she asked.

“Yeah. Could I have some breakfast please?”

“Sure, eggs and tomatoes?”

“Please.”

“I don't think I've seen one of your kind before, don't mean to be rude but can I ask what species you are?” the stout woman asked.

“Dunno,” Vex replied, taking the plate passed over the counter.

“Oh.”

“Yup.” Vexen turned and headed back towards the table.

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]In this moment, Loske preferred @Vexen’s approach of getting breakfast and she had to fight not to arrow her eyes protectively at [member="Micah Talith"] as he purloined her morsels. Despite his afforded kindness, which came out of [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]nowhere [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]she was still planning on eating this all herself. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Without leaving too much time to think about it, though, and have her plot anything, he quickly flipped the switch to teasing and she couldn’t guard from the incoming curl of her mouth with good humour. Then she got hit with the mental image though, and couldn’t help but gag at the revolting idea. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“I’m sure they’d be a little dryer deep fried. A little batter is the best stygium-solution for any dish.” Spoken like a true professional of cuisine. Clearly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Vex re-appeared on the scene, and Loske assumed that Micah would convert his attentions to the new plates that were arriving. Or get some himself. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“So, today I figure I’d give you guys a quick rundown on the StealthX ships, get you acquainted with what we’re going to be flying in Corporo. I checked if they have some training rooms on board, and they’ve got one simulator” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]A grin. “We can take turns.”[/SIZE]

Be good, Micah told himself. Don’t do it. He was sure he could feel [member="Vexen"] ‘s eyes narrow into a glower only to roll. [member="Loske Matson"] made it very difficult to not play on her words. Especially when she framed it so.

Jovial amusement twisted his lips into a smirk, a flash of a dimple appearing amidst the scruffy dark shadow along his cheek. He clearly wasn’t too keen on keeping himself clean shaven, the mass of scruff across his swarthy face was at least three days growth.

She could roll with the punches he dished out, that was apparent. It amused him that the blonde rose up to the occasion to try and match wits with him. Or at least grant him a deadpan stare. He dug into his pilfered eggs and scooped a mouthful into his mouth. Enthusiastically eating, he gave a nod of agreement.

“Take turns on the simulator…” okay, he couldn’t quite help himself. Both thick brows went arching high in teasing admiration. “Sounds like a handful, but I think I can deliver, Brighteyes.” he was teasing her again, evident by the devilish twinkle in his cadmiumous eyes.

“How about you go first?” he offered, using a rasher of Nuna bacon to gesture to her. The crunch of him biting down and quite clearly enjoying the savory piece reflected in his boyish grin.

“You can set it all up and show Vex and me what to do.” there was some seriousness in that. Micah and anything larger than a speeder well… he doubted that he’d even do well in a simulator. Vex would have no trouble at all.

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]That was [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]her Nuna bacon. [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Not his to wave at her. Territorial over nothing but nutrition, Loske bit her tongue almost forcibly to refrain from lashing out. Frank was probably right, though, and a little less input couldn’t be a bad thing. It’s not like she was anywhere close to starving. She just liked to consume. Thanks, [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]dad. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]All of that internal grumbling evidenced in a partial scowl turned curve as she started speaking once again, mostly to distract herself from the almost insanely protective thoughts happening. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“Right, can do. We’ll finish up here and go right down are you…”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] hmmm, how does she say this tactfully. Again, by the graces of Matteo, the more diplomatic tongue of hers wasn’t quite developed just yet “-Do you think it’s worth..uhm.” A thoughtful chew to gather her thoughts.[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] “Wearing what you’d wear in the cockpit? Like...something..close toed?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]She quickly added to the statement, not that she’d have comments about what either of them were wearing as long as they could perform [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“Sometimes new pilots finds the more real experience, the more effective the simulation is. It’s like studying for a test and wearing the clothes you’re gonna wear the day of the exam. Muscle memory of something like that.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px][member="Micah Talith"] | [member="Vexen"][/SIZE]

There was a subtle sideways shake of Vexen's maw at Micah's choice if emphasis. She was beginning to give up. Clearly a lost cause. The problem was that he would feel the glimmer of amusement from her and it would only spur him on further. Sometimes their Force Bond was more trouble than it was worth.

Vexen finished her mouthful before replying. She'd caught the way the girl eyed the food Micah had stolen. And I thought I was bad. But then Vexen had an excuse. She'd gone ten years living off scraps. Could hardly blame her for being a little possessive of food. What's her deal? She idly wondered.

“Close toed?” she asked, unaware of the expression. Despite Micah's best efforts she was still liable to speak in broken street rat dialect and her galactic basic vocabulary wasn't brilliant. Her isolated childhood meant she often struggled to follow conversations. It was easy with Micah, could always tell what he had in mind.

@Vexen @Loske Matson

At that, Micah's thick brows rose high into the mop of his dark hair. Amusement glittered in his copper eyes, and it was with a deliberate drop of his gaze that he gave a glance down at his sandals. One brow fell while the other remained arched. "What? Got an issue with my flippy floppies?" the corner of his mouth twisted in a smirk, the dark shadow that covered his swarthy face pulling back to reveal a small dimple on one cheek.

"I have shoes, Brighteyes, don't you worry," he speared a sausage, giving a half look over to the Defel at her question. " Closed toe'd. Protective foot covering, Vex. She's asking if I have anything that will protect my toes." he even lifted his right foot a bit and wiggled his toes, to show off in emphasis for further clarity.

Taking a bite from the sausage, he turned back to Loske. Chewing quickly, he studied her a bit more before shaking his head. Then he added, "Want me to get you another plate? I think I'll go get myself seconds." It was an olive branch, to repay the food that he had pilfered from her earlier.

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Mouth twisted into a tucked-lip curl, as if she had to swallow her smirk instead of showcasing it. There was something about bare feet that made her a little bit on edge; not quite uncomfortable but almost like she needed to throw a napkin over [member="Micah Talith"]’s feet to keep them from getting kicked off the ship. Perhaps it was all her training with regulations and what was right and what was not. Being a part of the Rogue Squadron would definitely loosen her up, what with all the attitude going on over all the channels. In reflecting on his statement, she’d seen him [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]once [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]with close toed shoes on. A sign that boded she’d need to get over the covering of oneself thing sooner rather than later. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Loske raised her hand in objection. She’d already eaten enough to make a weight lifter blush. [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“Thank you though - Frank’s right. It’s a wonder we’re able to stay so bouyant in space -- I guess the no gravity thing kinda helps.”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] She shifted and set her fork down, and leaned back on the bench as far as her core strength would let her. A pause in this stretched position, then she rose.[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] “Actually. Yes, please, I’ll come with you. A few more strips of Nuna bacon never hurt anybody. Then to the simulators!.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]--- [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Apres breaky-fast [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]The motly crew, with full bellies, would wander the halls until the blonde with the ponytail directed them to the room she’d been directed to earlier. It was mostly dark, with floor tiles that seemed to not end at the floor, and instead intermingle with the metallic roof that stretched over the rest of the room. There was the skeleton of a starfighter in the middle of the room. Basically just the body, without the wings and weight of a typical X-Wing; the cockpit in its simplest form. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“This is what they have for their flight training onboard,”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] Loske introduced, gesturing toward the ship as she walked toward it and looped her fingers through the handrails on the outside, hoisting herself upward and inward.[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] “It’s not the best, but it’s better than you both getting into a Stealth-X for the first time with no training.” [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]She crossed through to the other side, and pat the pilot’s seat to indicate someone step forward while she activated the thing come to life. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Balancing on the arch of her feet over the footrail, the girl leaned slightly against the opening of the doorway for more balance as she plucked the typical pilot’s helmet from the seat. [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“This’ll help with the virtual reality of it all. The rest will be mostly augmented, for us to see what you’re seeing and help give some directions through the channel linked in the helmet.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]The first simulation will be akin to this,”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] the viewport of the X-Wing’s body filled with a visual of a hangar being exited, and an immediate blast to a starship.[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] [/SIZE]

xhsabmcs1mzck2nqny7p.gif

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“Obviously not quite what we’ll be doing, but it will acquaint you enough with the controls for takeoff and weapons.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Which one of you want to give ‘er a go first?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px][member="Vexen"] | [member="Micah Talith"][/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom