Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private King Rex...Where art thou King Rex?

The Utopia. The massive vessel that my King...Heath Valhoun of the Elysium Empire first brought me on board. It was majestic, to say the least. Full of glimmering beacon lights, beautiful views of space from within, and a dangerous vessel to be up against. This would be where the most important issues were handled and where all of the resources for the Elysium Empire were found. It is also where our King, Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun was stationed currently. Most likely doing what a King is expected to do. Now I....Elysium Security Commanding officer..Had sent a request to meet with him in private. There's some things I needed to address and I had to do it in a timely manner. Many changes were taking place and a lot of planetary needs may or may have not been brought to his attention. He was a war general...Admirable...And Rex is a decent man..Not trying to follow in his fathers footsteps...But to elevate the Empire to the next level. I figured it was time I met with him and figured some things out. I sent a recorded message to Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun about my planned trip but did not reveal for what. Some things you play close to the chest..Others..Within arms reach. As I approached the Hangar B-10, which was my preferred method of entry, I signaled to the landing marshal as he flagged me down. Once landing, and depressurizing the cabin, I checked myself in the mirror. Bahhh...Your fine...Casual meeting...But if it was so casual..Why was I nervous? Anyhow..exiting the ramp and greeting the familiar faces and letting the marshall know he still owes me that rare triple shot of guya expresso, I was ready to see Mr.Valhoun. Platform shoes echoed through the decorated hull..I took a turn to the lift. The fastest way to see him. Adjusting my collar and tie..I would take off my flight suit and place it in my travel bag...Yep...Now I'm ready...As I entered the long corridor on the executive floor I walked casually to the main office where I figured he would be and used my retina scan for entry. Now then...Let's see who's behind door number one.

Second King of The Elysium Empire
It was funny that before Mercenary General Monkrove Moldova gifted The Empire an entire planet, this was the place where the Imperial government was run. The Senate met over holo-TVs and communicators, as did The Council, as The Utopia was not equipped to seat so many in one place...even with its' modifications. Indeed a fleet no more than one-hundred ships strong, of which perhaps twenty or so were military, had for years been The Empire. Now under new leadership The Empire was flourishing. Criminal activity had sunk to a low on most planets, though not Spindle. Spindle was a tough nut to crack. The economy was booming as the lowest taxes and regulations in The Galaxy brought in hundreds of merchants and businessmen. The Refugee stream was just as strong now as it had been just months after Csilla, and most were met with open arms. Meanwhile The Military was reformed, stronger, lacking only in leadership.

It was truly a golden age...the first of many for this young Empire.

However things weren't always as peachy as they may seem, even with all the good taking place. In fact The Empire still had many foes, internal and external; Remnants of the enemies of his father. While The Silver Jedi Concord was an ally, The Eternal Empire was hardly neutral. Meanwhile The Galactic Alliance seemed to hardly acknowledge The Empire's existence -perhaps returning the favor of Heath, who refused to recognize The Alliance- and The Mandalorian Enclave was showing little sign of slowing its' expansion, which caused a massive uproar within The Empire. Particularly from what remained of The Dobson Crime Family, which had been hiding ever since Rex announced their execution, and from The Imperial Bloc. Of all the politicians in The Empire, Rex was shocked that the one he identified the most with was so vocal, so hostile. They constantly called for war. It was at their begging that he had allowed the bombardment of the capital city of Lionus! Yet Still they called for war! War with The Eternal Empire! War with The Enclave!

Perhaps it was time to take leadership of his party. Perhaps he could balance it...keeping them satisfied with more reforms, while simultaneously gutting them of their warmongering politicians be through elections or more nefarious means.

It was quite a headache. Many days The young king would wake up tired, with no will to get out of bed. Of course he was too busy to give up...but that in turn caused problems with the one he considered his best and most loyal friend, Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun , his wife. She had voiced concerns about his absence from their private life. It was true, ever since they were married, the most he had done with her was help investigate the sabotage of MandalArms. She was so valueable, not just to him, but to The Empire itself. Without her, most credibility with The Mandalorians would be ripped away. Without her, The GDP would take a massive hit as she owns Darmanda Industries (previously MandalArms). Without her, a great advisor would be lost. On a personal level, without Loreena, Rex's ONLY priority would be The Empire. It would kill him.

But that was enough deep thinking for now. The Force knows there will be more to come. For now, his father's bodyguard, Var-Sulis Var-Sulis , requested a meeting. Rex met this news with a mixture of relief, but also stress. It had simply repositioned. He was relieved that the man in question is Var, but the stress moved elsewhere. Was there an internal security threat? The Empire had too many of those....

"Var." Rex gave the man a nod, "Take a seat, this office is yours as far as I am concerned."

He then smiled, knowing full well that Var would return it with a much brighter smile. Freaking Majestic...that's what he is. Maybe I can learn his secret.

I acknowledged the man known as King and my good friend. I looked upon his stature and surrounding immediately. He was so weary and...tired...The price one must bare being in the position that he was. I would get to the personal matters of his well-being in a nano click. But first...As My smile widened from ear to ear..With my arms spread like an eagle I approached him while exclaiming.

"Hail to the King! It's been so long my friend! I barely have time to see you!" I chuckled and then my smile would relax to a sly grin. I don't know what made my excitement fade somewhat. Perhaps it was the questions I had on my mind...And it was time to come clean with them.

"King Rex Valhoun. You know..." (I paused and looked towards the side table that had the beautifully aged scotch perched upon it with glasses decorated around the bottle. As I continued on..I walked over to pour some for the King and I) ....The Empire is flourishing..Most alliances gained are showing little to no resistance...As most needs have been met..I'd go as far to say..You are ushering a true era of peace for the Elysium. Now...My father...Who I never knew..But I was told was a gifted smuggler of sorts, left a single note for me when I was but an infant. "Always be true to yourself..Follow your own path amongst the stars..And If there isn't one..MAKE ONE.".

As I committed to the 1/4th pour into the two glasses before me I looked up at the King while my brow arched. "The Elysium Intelligence Agency that was commissioned through your father...Unfortunately is becoming a joke." I stated as I offered him a glass. "I need a strike team...And not to add to your list of things to do, but If I am to run a unit effectively...I need to be able to hand-select my team as well. Simple really...And the name should change....Galactic Hunters Of Star Trea. Star Trea, was an operation code name for the liberation of ex-smugglers and mercs who wanted out of the game a long time ago." I paused to take a sip and continued while raising the glass. "Or...G.H.O.S.T.....So this team would consist of the best smugglers and ex-merc's south of the core looking to make a decent cred and handle operations that are off the...grid...What say you, my King?"

A would then pause to see his reaction and in hopes that this could be a new beginning of my ambitious plan to make a change for the better. Answer me this my King..And then I will dive a bit deeper

Tag: Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun

Always jolly, Var was almost too much... his enthusiasm was extreme. So extreme that Rex questioned how real it was. The man smiled ear to ear, held his arms out as far as he could, and almost yelled "Hail to The King!" After greeting Rex, Var complimented the success of Rex's reign so far, and then quoted his father whom he apparently never knew. Then, finally, he got to the point of his visit.

Star Trea? What was he on about? Had he really come to ask for The Elysium Intelligence Agency to be renamed? Of course he also wanted to handpick a strike team, which evidently he didn't realize he already had the authority to do, being the head of all security branches of The Empire. Furthermore, Mr. Sulis was completely wrong in saying The EIA was commissioned by Heath Valhoun. It was Rex whom had formed the agency, gathering potential members such as Regel before he was even King. It was among the first reforms he enacted when he took over.

"Var, I think you're misguided. I created The EIA, not my father. The name will remain the same...and you will remain in charge. Being in charge means you already have authority to hand-pick agents. I'm sorry, Var, but if The Agency is struggling, it is your responsibility not mine. If this Agency is too much responsibility for you, I can place you in a smaller, more focused group if that's what you prefer. I wouldn't hold it against you. The EIA is massive."

"Var, I think you're misguided. I created The EIA, not my father. The name will remain the same...and you will remain in charge. Being in charge means you already have authority to hand-pick agents. I'm sorry, Var, but if The Agency is struggling, it is your responsibility not mine. If this Agency is too much responsibility for you, I can place you in a smaller, more focused group if that's what you prefer. I wouldn't hold it against you. The EIA is massive."

"Ahh...Yes correct...You...You did create the EIA..." I replied as a nervous laugh parted my lips, and I would rub my forehead. I didn't feel....right...as I cleared my throat a bit and my eyes would flutter a bit I tried to regain focus.

"No no no...Apologies my King. A unit within the EIA...Handpicked...And now with my...my level of authority..I will meet with several of my former associates on that matter. So then..." (I would turn around towards the entry and turn back to face him as there was only one real matter left to discuss)

"If you don't mind my asking, what does an arranged marriage look like from a King's perspective?"

I asked while glaring at him with my eyes a bit wider this time. Oh..This feeling...Not now...Not now! I said to myself as I awaited his response.

Var-Sulis was acting odd. Something was wrong...had he been drinking too much? What was he so nervous about? Rex paused for a moment, concerned, but before he could ask if Var was alright, Var turned around and asked what appeared to be his final question. It was a peculiar one, almost as strange as the way the man was acting. Rex took a look at his drink. He hadn't sipped from it yet. Perhaps it was poisoned? He sat the glass down, instead clearing his throat and leaning back, he replied, "I don't look at it from a King's standpoint. Lori and I were married well before I was king. Before I even cared about The Empire. But I suppose if I were to think on it, now that I'm in the shoes my Father was in, the marriage brought many benefits to The Empire. I mean, MandalArms, Reputation with The Mandalorians, Recognition in The Arenais family...it solidified House Valhoun as a true noble house rather than a common house claiming to be noble. So, The Arranged Marriage was great for The Empire. Furthermore I'm sure my father had his mind on succession." He paused a minute, unsure if he really wanted to go there, "I mean, he was unmarried. I'm adopted as you should know...and I'm his only successor. He very likely wanted me to have a child with her..." he couldn't say her name as he blushed at the thought, "But enough of that. Why do you ask?"

As he responded to my question with a history of what happened beforehand and well...What the expectation of him would be, He then asked...(Why do you ask?). As the question came up I thought about the possibility of the cure I had taken long ago. The Fraking thing had to have an expiration date...Or something else is happening. I looked directly into his eyes.

"Rex. Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun has done everything asked of her for the Empire..And more...As she is becoming more independent with her travels and things of a political nature, there is something else. She may be confused about it all but I'm not. It's clear to me and I have to make this clear to you before it's too late. Now, Im not the smartest, nor am I the best man at what I do. But I am a man of integrity, honor and above all else...a caring man...Someone that Lori should have by her side. With all do respect, you are running an Empire...But a marriage is more than a label..And it seems to me that you would like to keep it as just that. What I am trying to say is......I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR WIFE..."

And there it was....the naked raw truth on a personal level. I was a fine soldier who could hold his own and could fight with the best of them. But I was also a man...and man to man...His personal relationship was now bleeding into my life..only because the one my heart danced for..The one that I comforted..The one that I saw true potential in...was a label in his eyes. Let's see how he would take this...a punch? perhaps...But that would be unfitting of a King...And letting personal things dictate a course of action wasn't in his character. Or was it? If so..I'd call it a weakness. But I had to get it off my chest.

And just like that, Var-Sulis' nervousness was explained. Rex sat there in silence for a moment. This revelation was a shock, to say the least. In fact it was such a surprise that he questioned whether he had heard Var correctly. His heart rate increased immediately, and his emotions were a complete mess. At first it was shock, then it was confusion, but these quickly faded and were replaced by anger. Anger that Var had come to his office unprepared. Anger that Var was seemingly blaming him for the state of The E.I.A. . Anger that Var would even suggest that he would be better for Loreena than Rex himself. Then his anger from past events combined. He was angry that Var failed to protect his father, even if it had led to The Empire being stronger than ever.

It suddenly became clear that Var-Sulis had failed time and time again. He failed to protect Heath. He was failing to run The EIA properly. Rex clenched a fist, staring right at the failure. Martin Dux would surely give him an earful if he saw this breakdown. He could hear it already...You must control your emotions, don't let them control you. But Now, instead of focusing on running an Empire, Rex would need to be sure that his bodyguard wasn't sleeping with his wife, and it infuriated him.

He rose to his feet and threw the hardest punch he had ever thrown. It was so forceful that he feared that if Var were to dodge, he may throw his arm out of socket. If it connected, he may break his hand. But it would be worth it. Var-Sulis had betrayed his trust, Var-Sulis had caused a whole new issue for him.

The scenarios of how this could play out weren’t completed in my mind when a flash before my eyes would be followed by a nerve racking pain. Perhaps I was thinking of Lori a little too much at the moment that caused my guard to be let down just enough. Then again, I needed him to hit me. To draw it out of him. When your a King and suppress so much that Rex may have…it’s dangerous when it boils over. The glass flew out of my hand with the liquid spilling on the floor. I stumbled a bit but kept my knee from buckling and spit the blood out of my mouth. I couldn’t help but grin and follow up with a chuckle.

“Oh…My King! Heheh..that’s quite a punch! Maybe we’ll deserved! But…But it doesn’t change the fact on how I feel. Your wife…for..whatever reason….Hasn’t truly been in your life at all! If your Father were here…” I panted as I stood to my feet and put up my fists and cracked my neck.

The hit landed, and it was effective as Var-Sulis stumbled and spat out blood. But apparently it wasn't effective enough as Var remained on his feet. Not only did he remain standing, he had the nerve to laugh, and then double down on his previous statements! Then, as if he wanted to pour salt on the wound, Var hinted that Heath would be disappointed. Enraged, Rex shouted, "Hold your tongue or I will cut from your mouth!" then he took his glass and threw it at Var, who was now out of reach thanks to the desk being between them. It was likely that this would miss, but it would probably give him enough time to get past the desk.

"It's funny that you speak of my father when yours was nothing but a smuggler who abandoned you!"

The words echoed through the room as I thought Rex would immediately lunge at me the first chance he got. I didn't see the athletic throw of the glass cup that pinged me on the side of the cheek. It cracked against my face leaving a piece to pierce my skin as an exclamation point to the King's rage.

I flinched as I thought to myself...Almost...Almost in range to strike...Just hold out a little longer.

"Probably for the better your highness....heheh...I never had to grow up with daddy issues...The less he was around the better...Not the case with you and Lori though! Your wife...most likely doesn't even want to be near you...And who could blame her? Not saying your path is wrong..But a Kings path is a lonely one! Let her go!" I said with a demanding tone as I would again crack my neck, feeling the blood trickle down my cheek. My jaw clenched, as playtime was over.

I WOULD LEAP OVER THE TABLE QUICKLY AND ATTEMPT A THRUST KICK TO HIS CHEST! Frack! I missed and oh man did the landing hurt! I couldn't get a footing as I put all of my power into that one. I was distracted..Then again...So was he..But now I was starting to feel the thudding effects through my hip. I would quickly try to get up and prepare for an angry King. No time to think about what will happen when this tango is over.

Last edited:
Var's taunts didn't cease, and Rex's rage continued to grow. He couldn't remember a time that he had been so enraged before. There was no comparison. He didn't even have control over himself at this point. The strange thing is, it felt so good. He felt like he could fight a whole war by himself...

But he would win this battle now.

Var-Sulis, the failure, tried to literally jump over the table despite being hit in the face by the glass. However this flying-kick maneuver failed and Var flew past The King like a bird on spice, then landed on his bottom like a child. "You dare strike your king!? You dare come to my office, in my room, only to blame me and suggest that Loreena would be better off with you!?" Rex rose his right hand to his left cheek, took a great step forward, and then using the forward momentum of this step, he struck out in a
hammer punch motion towards Var's chin. If successful, this could break Var's jaw. At the very least it'd knock him back and inflict a lot of pain.

As I rose to my feet in time noticing something different in the King's demeanor he went to strike quickly with his fist. I mustered my strength to catch and grip his forearm tightly after I reacted in time to dodge. Another hit to the face and I'm sure it would have been over. DAMN he's strong..stronger than I was at full strength. I had one trick up my sleeve. Using his own momentum against him on his downswing. His leg turned with the swing and that was the leg I would attempt to sweep him off balance. A maneuver used in my sparring with Lori...Ironic....If landed..down on his back he would land and then I return the makeover to his face. Question is..Am I thinking clearly to let this continue on? I'm fighting my King! ...heh.....Your Damn right....

Rex's swing missed and Var was quick to retaliate. However his retaliation, a sweep to the leg, failed. Rex had fought beasts with ten times the muscle of Var back in the wilderness, and his experiences there were still paying off. The leg sweep hardly made him flinch, and now it was Var with his leg out in a more exposed position. Rex immediately aimed a knee at Var's groin, a move that if properly done, could take down even the strongest of men. If he could land this, there was little doubt in his mind that Var would collapse. If that happened, the fight would be over....

I missed my leg sweep and with a blink of an eye, a knee was towards me..well..you know...OH HELL NO...I used my right hand to punch his knee cap down and would swing with a back hand chop to his neck. Time to hit a particular nerve...If done right, He'll fall to his knees..Atleast that's how it's supposed to go with any normal man. But this was no ordinary guy, as I was figuring out quickly. If I could get him down to his knees..I'd follow with a knee strike to his nose..And break it...

"Not today!" I yelled as my action followed. And somehow I couldn't muster up the strength to do it....Oh no....

The knee failed as Var punched it away, putting Rex in an uncomfortable position. Var, again, was quick to retaliate. Var, again, was unsuccessful. He had tried to chop at Rex's neck, but it was a weak strike, probably due to the close proximity. Rex took a step back, then went for a forward kick to Var's Chest. Surely this would connect, hopefully sending Var flying back to the floor, and maybe breaking some ribs...

The commotion in Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun 's office was easily heard outside of it. The yelling, breaking of glass; and fighting could be heard in the hallway by anyone passing by.

Just like Lori.

After hearing that Rex was around, she decided to see him. It had been ages since they had spoken in person.

But the sounds of violence quickened her steps. Lori opened up the door just in time to see Var-Sulis Var-Sulis flying back unconscious from a kick that Rex brought against his chest. Her first instinct was that perhaps it was a spar, however the anger written on Rex's face proved otherwise. "What's going on?!"

She moved over to Var and knelt down to check his vitals. He was breathing, but out cold. Thank the Force he was alive. Lori then slowly stood up, her brows furrowed with concern as she looked to Rex. "He needs to go to the med bay. What about you? Are you alright?"

"Get away from him. He has betrayed my trust, he has insulted me, he attempted to strike me, and he has blamed me for his failures. He is nothing to me now, and he should be nothing to you."

Rex couldn't even think about explaining this to her in any detail apart from what he had just said. He already knew it would upset her, and probably lead to an argument...which simply angered him more. He was trying to be more attentive to her, and now his efforts would be set back before he could even begin.

All because of Var.

His focus returned to the now unconcious man. Lori had said "Thank The Force he's alive." So there is a relationship there.

Rex lifted his left hand, then attempted to use The Force to lift the unconcious man into the air, then slam him to the ground. However Loreena may intervene, and Rex had very little combat training from Martin Dux so far...but he knew The Dark Side was essentially using The Force, but with anger, and he had plenty of anger now...

Lori didn't move from her spot. She remained fixed where she was, looking from Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun to the unconscious Var-Sulis Var-Sulis and then back again. What he had said sounded insane. And crazy. Most especially as he was telling her that somone should mean nothing to her. Had he no care for someone's life? Was that why he bombarded a city not long ago?

"Rex....calm down....I don't exactly know what started this, but he needs medical attention." Had Var been drinking beforehand? Just what did he say that set Rex.....off....Oh no.

Lori's thoughts trailed off as she saw and felt the anger coming from Rex. The very air in the room seemed to grow colder. She saw him lift his hand shortly before Var was lifted from the ground. "Rex stop!" In a panic she started to create a ball of Force Light, charging the air particles in front of her. "Stop or I'll have no choice but to make you stop! I'd do the same if it was you lying on the ground or anyone else! This is not who you are! So stand down!" This was but only the second time that she had had to plead with him. The trouble was that she wasn't so sure that it would work this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom