Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species K'i'ik'el

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: I'm creating this race for some new characters I want to make that are connected to two characters I've already made/am making. To make how I think vampire like creatures should work in Star Wars lore.

• Image Credit: N/A

• Canon: N/A.

• Links: Lu'um u K'i'ik'el http://starwarsrp.ne...luum-u-kiikel/
GENERAL INFORMATION

[*]
Average Lifespan:

• Over 7,700 years. This number is an estimation since few have died of natural causes since their creation in 6900 BBY.

• It takes one hundred years for a young K'i'ik'el to reach physical maturity, once they reach adulthood they simply carry on until they are killed or a limit to their lifespan is discovered.

• Age means little to the K'i'ik'el society, but also means everything as their strength and power is determined by their age and how much they have fed.

• An old K'i'ik'el may be at a point where he/she can choose their own appearance, they may decide to appear as old and wise, or young and vibrant, either way has no effect on their strength or abilities.

• An ancient K'i'ik'el may even choose the form of a child if the mood took him/her.

[*]
Estimated Population: Planetary (A Large Concentration in a single system, rarely found off-world)

[*]
Description: At a glance they appear to be somewhat pale, but regular looking humans with semi-normal ranges of hair color.

PHYSICAL INFORMATION

• Breathes: Able to breath in a Type 1 atmosphere. but due to their high resistance to poison, can survive for a considerable time in otherwise deadly environments.

• Average height of adults: 6 to 7 feet – 1.8288 to 2.1336 meters.

• Average length of adults: N/A.

• Skin color: Commonly Pale, almost ghostly white or gray skin. Normal skin hues are common as well.

• Hair color: Common hair colors + White hair.

• Distinctions: The K'i'ik'el are a humanoid race that appear to be human in every way. However, it is common for them to have pale or gray skin along with regular hues of color. They have retractable fangs and claws that appear normal when un-extended. They are naturally strong and agile even while generally appearing as lean and feral, yet strong and fair. The one thing about them that is undeniably inhuman is their eyes, which range in predatory colors of gold, yellow, orange, red, and crimson. The progenitors and purebloods may possess another color such as blue, white or silver eyes, but the K'i'ik'el are sometimes able to change their own eye color at will, hiding their abnormalities.

• Races: Listed most powerful to weakest

Progenitor (creators of the race).

• Pureblood (child of progenitor and Fullblood).

• Fullblood (turned/created by the progenitor).

• Half blood (child of Fullblood and Thrall).

• Fledgling (turned/created by the Fullblood).

• Thrall (un-turned living beings/outsiders hypnotized into mindless service).

[*]
Strengths:

• Gift of Strahd - The K'i'ik'el are naturally much stronger than their appearance belies, and this trait increases the more they feed over their lifetime and the older they get.

• Blood Attuned - They have animalistic senses which apply to their sense of smell, sight, and hearing. The K'i'ik'el would use these senses to hunt by blood. They can smell blood, see blood, hear blood, and track it to its source.

• The Will of Armon - They have an amazing ability to heal, recovering quickly from deep or normally fatal wounds. If given time and blood treatment, the K'i'ik'el can even regenerate lost limbs or missing body parts.

• The progenitors seem to be an ascended example of their species, their true form is a mass of darkness and blood that sees physical form as a trivial thing and can form a body for itself at will. (However, this is not a feature of the entire race, unique only to the progenitors, which are exclusively the 12 sith that performed the ritual for immortality.)

• Savage Gift - All K'i'ik'el possess retractable claws and fangs that are as strong as the individual K'i'ik'el. The fangs are designed to slide into flesh and aid in draining blood from the host, or tearing flesh from bone. The claws were designed for climbing and gutting their prey, but were mostly meant to have effect on other K'i'ik'el and is the traditional weapon of choice whenever a K'i'ik'el is called to duel. It is another one of the only weapons that can bypass The Will of Armon.

• The K'i'ik'el also posses a mesmerizing gaze which, when given a day of treatment, they use like mind manipulation to subdue victims and turn them into Thralls.

[*]
Weaknesses:

• All the K'i'ik'el are especially vulnerable to Silver weapons as the material acts like poison to their blood and removes their ability to heal. While any weapon pierced through their heart can kill a K'i'ik'el, one would need a silver or light side weapon to completely bypass The Will of Armon.

• The Fullblooded K'i'ik'el and weaker are vulnerable to sunlight. the sun causes severe sunburn very quickly, and if they find no protection the K'i'ik'el will burst into flames. If the K'i'ik'el is strong enough to resist the sun, the proximity of the sun will still remove their heightened senses so they prefer to not travel during the day.

• Water is also fatal to the K'i'ik'el. If they are submerged without protection, the water will break apart their cellular structure and cause them to disintegrate. The force sensitive K'i'ik'el may be able to channel the force to survive for a time, same with sunlight, but not all can achieve this. If a K'i'ik'el is strong enough they may be able to survive in water, but it will still remove their senses and strengths for a time.

• In almost any form that a progenitor takes, the heart is the weak point that can slay them.

• Weapons imbued by a light force nexus can cause immediate disintegration on contact.

• The removal of their head is also a way to bypass the healing or “death will” of the K'i'ik'el.

• Curse Of Strahd - All K'i'ik'el are blood depended. blood is their only form of sustenance and the force power within. if they do not feed for 4 days their powers and abilities decrease by 5%, if 8 days = 10%, if 12 days = 15%, if 16 days = 20%, if 20 days = 25%, if 24 days = 30%, Etc. As they grow weaker their hunger grows more and more demanding, often driving the K'i'ik'el insane with hunger, and driving them to animal frenzy and desperation for blood. Some K'i'ik'el are powerful enough to survive years without feeding, but at the expense of their powers and abilities and (in the case of force sensitives) their ability to use the force. If they starve themselves they will enter a dormant – corpse like - state of Aestivation until blood is applied to their remains. This technique is often used to prolong their lives by centuries, much like going into a stasis chamber. But they awaken weakened and must take many days to recover their full strength.

• The Claws of the K'i'ik'el are deadly, but more so to other K'i'ik'el as it bypasses The Will of Armon.

CULTURE

• Diet: The K'i'ik'el consume blood from the Thralls, blood is their only sustenance and the force energy and midi-chlorians contained within. blood also has other effects on K'i'ik'el such as healing, strengthening, and sharpening their senses. some who can use the force can even manipulate blood into a deadly weapon. they are resistant to most known poisons but garlic is harmful to the Fledgling and Fullblooded. Other food doesn't digest and will eventually be regurgitated. Wine and similar beverages seem to be the only non-blood related substance that they can consume.

• Communication: The weaker of the species are limited to word of mouth, writing, and radio communication, but the most powerful are able to link with friends and people they know via telepathy. Some cases a force sensitive K'i'ik'el can communicate with every K'i'ik'el on a planet at once.

• Technology level: The K'i'ik'el live in the lap of technological advancement. As they don't seem to have a natural end to their lives their society is at a pinnacle as the worlds greatest minds never fade or pass away, the wealth of knowledge from the past is at the fingertips of the future to the benefit of constant advancement, surpassing the worlds that they have found and enthralled into their union.

• Religion/Beliefs: The K'i'ik'el believe that the progenitors are their gods. And well they should as the progenitors ware the reason for the existence of their species. They see the force as their sustenance through the blood they consume, it is alive and is embodied in the righteous raw power of the progenitors. The culture is family based, with a progenitor as the head of his own household, family, and bloodline.

• General behavior: [ The K'i'ik'el are a family based culture of households which are institutes of nobility, with the thralls forming the rest of society around them.
    The households take care of their own, they are miniature governments unto themselves with the progenitors as the head among an almost literal “family”, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, uncles, aunts, cousins and grandparents. Each house is a unique aspect of K'i'ik'el society.
    The blooded ones feed on the Thralls, which are essentially penned livestock and slaves serving the houses.
    The young grow up among their family, being educated and trained as their household sees fit, but are raised to be individuals that stand out on their own.
    Courtship is between two individuals of separate houses who vow to guard and care for one another and to love and raise children for the glory of their two houses.
    They are a people of innovation, invention, improvement, and survival. They take prisoner from every stray ship they find for fresh supplies of blood, aside from raising their Thralls for continued survival.
    They are normally nocturnal, but due to their ingenuity they have developed a sun-shield that allows them to walk in the sunlight without fear of burning.
    They see outsiders, Thralls, and offworlders as food and therefore are often standoffish, imperialistic and predatory around what they see as untamed livestock. They only know of the rest of the galaxy by the ships they have captured and enthralled and the people they have questioned. They are unsure of what to think of Jedi or Sith, but from what they've learned suppose they would be a vastly better source of the force and negative energy that they crave in blood.
    They came to their world to escape from war and the destructive nature of the sith, and so do not follow the sith ways or seek to go to war with either the empire or republic, however, they do possess an immense defensive force if either of them discover the K'i'ik'el.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Race of the K'i'ik'el was formed by a sith ritual on a planet called, Lu'um u K'i'ik'el, well outside of the known boundaries of space. What made the ritual possible was the fact that the planet is a Dark Force nexus.
Twelve Sith Lords traveled together to get away from the war between the empire and the republic. They escaped beyond the unknown regions and found a planet that was ripe with dark force energy.
They landed on this planet and found its inhabitants were a civilized colony of humans and aliens that also dared the unknown beyond the borders of the known galaxy to escape war and had taken refuge in what appears to be the ruins of a once immense civilization, but the absence of this civilization and the presence of a planetary dark force nexus suggested some terrible and utterly devastating fate.
The twelve sith landed and searched the planet, eventually discovering a focal point of the force nexus, a cave with a naturally formed flat stone like an alter. Within this force nexus the twelve sith lords lived and developed a ritual, one that they used to change themselves into creatures of darkness when the people decided they would no longer tolerate the presence of the sith and their servants.
The ritual caused an explosion, destroying the focal point for the nexus and tearing the sith apart, also destroying the mob in the process as fuel for the ritual.
When they had rediscovered themselves amid their power they rose from the rubble of the cave as entities of darkness and blood. After they learned to reformed themselves, they descended on the population, using their newfound powers to create the fullblooded K'i'ik'el from the people by sharing their own blood with them and turning them into their loyal servants.
The twelve sith became the founders, the progenitors of their new race. They built their new civilization on top of the one left behind where they grew and flourished, eventually covering the whole planet with their population.

[member="Khali Strahd"]

Apologies for the delay, let's get right into it shall we? There's a lot to go over right now here so we're going to take it a couple things at a time, in order they appear.

Average Lifespan: [ Unknown.
Unfortunately, this won't work for a Codex sub. These subs are meant to be objective information. Additionally, chaos doesn't allow 'immortal' species- I see that they can be killed, but an essentially unlimited potential lifespan doesn't work. I need you to put a number here of some sort.

Breathes: [ Able to breath almost any atmosphere, and even survive for a time in vacuum, barring physically harmful/corrosive atmospheres. ]
I see that they are a sith created species, which could account for this despite coming from a Type I planet- that said this is a HEFTY strength and if you want to keep it will need to be included in that section.

We're going to pause at your strengths and weaknesses section. This is not even remotely balanced. I'm going to need you to tone down/remove some of the strengths and add additional weaknesses here. I'm not going to go through those line by line yet, until I see what you can do here. Basically I'd like to see what you consider the most important, so we can work with that.

One exception- you may not make an all Force Sensitive species. That must be removed for the species as it stands. If you would like to have them have a high instance of FS you may, but that should be listed as a separate strength.

[member="Irajah Ven"]

I went through and altered the language I was using to describe the K'i'ik'el. I think I have toned down the strengths a bit and I added some more weaknesses.

Irajah Ven said:
chaos doesn't allow 'immortal' species-
I changed the language a bit in regards to this. I gave a number for the general lifespan of the K'i'ik'el, but I'm hoping that I can keep some ambiguity here in regards to how long they can live.

Irajah Ven said:
you may not make an all Force Sensitive species
I also altered the language in regards to this as well. I added information in regards to force sensitive 'examples' of the species, but the race as a whole is no longer force sensitive but only possessing the strengths granted them.

With regards to the strengths, I'm hoping I can keep a majority of them as I think that would open up much potential for characters as a regular foot soldier being able to stand up to a Jedi master or sith just on the racial abilities alone, which would also have been the goal of the force ritual that created them.

[member="Khali Strahd"]

Taking this over from [member="Irajah Ven"] due to an LOA. Apologies for the wait.

With regards to the strengths, I'm hoping I can keep a majority of them as I think that would open up much potential for characters as a regular foot soldier being able to stand up to a Jedi master or sith just on the racial abilities alone, which would also have been the goal of the force ritual that created them.
While I understand that this is your concept, as it stands the strengths are far too many across a too widespread a spectrum of things.

This creature is not just as powerful as a Master of the Force, they are more powerful than them by a substantial degree. Usually I'd request a submitter to narrow it down to only a few 'hard' strengths and balance them out accordingly. But right now every strength you have is a 'hard' strength. Hard strengths are basically things that give direct tangible benefits to combat scenarios, making it a balance concern.

I'd like you to pick 3 'core' strengths these folk have.

And substantially lower down the abilities otherwise (either by weakening the language by a lot, so they aren't as relevant for combat, or removing them entirely).

--

Alternatively you could ask for a second chance, if you don't agree with my assessment, or use a canon 'vampire' species. There are a handful that don't have much defined in details, so you could explore those avenues as well.

Let me know which way you want to go.

[member="Jairus Starvald"]

Before I go through and edit the K'i'ik'el again, can you define for me what you mean by "Hard Strengths"?
As opposed to "Soft Strengths"?

Would I be allowed to have the three "Hard strengths" and nerf down the others to an acceptable level? or just have those hard strengths to the exclusion of the others?

[member="Khali Strahd"]

A 'hard' strength in my book is something like: "Is stronger than x". This is something that is always worthwhile within combat. While a 'soft' strength is something like: "Good at swimming". Which situationally can be effective in combat? But it is still a strength that has more to do with flavor and lore than PVP balance.

These guys are very strong and incredibly fast.

This in itself is problematic for me, because usually this is an either or deal, rather than both. But we have been known to pass it, if other strengths aren't as hard and the weaknesses are debilitating

They smell better, see better, hear better up to a sonic spectrum.
They heal really quickly, from what I read even better than Firrerreo, a canon species known for their healing factor. A species that doesn't have any of these other advantages.
They can tear through durasteel with their claws and teeth.

So you have 4+ (because some of these strengths have multiple effects as well) hard strengths.

You can pick three separate things these guys can do well in a combat scenario. Strong, seeing better, good healing, but if you are picking multiple of these things I will want you to lower the powerful language of the strengths. These guys can't be at the apex of every strength they have.

An example of what I'd like to see is something like:

Exceptional strength.
Faster than usual.
Heals better than normal.
Tag me again once you are ready for me to review this again.

I think I'm making progress in nerfing the K'i'ik'el. I've been reading it and editing it and rereading it to see if any more ideas come to mind.

I'm trying to find a way to make one of the four hard strengths into a soft strength to meet your requirements. so I am also exploring those options.

I think "Blood Attuned" is nerfed down enough to be less of a hard strength and more of a practical use. I was attempting to nerf down the claws and fangs but found that they are kinda hard to put into a non-combative light. I hope this meets the specifications.

[member="Khali Strahd"]

This is a big improvement over the original. I am impressed, nice job on that.

I have one thing and after that I think I can stamp this:

Death Will - They have an amazing ability to heal, recovering quickly from deep wounds. If given time and blood treatment, the K'i'ik'el can sometimes even recover from death if the will to live has not yet left the body.
The part where they can recover from death needs to go. That is too much like immortality, which the site does not allow.

[member="Khali Strahd"]

I think that would be potentially problematic, yes, because right now (in my opinion) you have a good balance between your strengths and weaknesses. Spider Walk would be something with a strong benefit to PVP.

I am going to pass this up for pending secondary now. Thank you for working with me here, I like the state you brought it in.

Pending secondary approval!

[member="Irajah Ven"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom