Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship KI-IC-MkI Aka: The Dart

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrina

Fury_starfighter.jpg

Image Credit: http://ts1.mm.bing.n...id=1.9&rs=0&p=0
Intent: To create a cheap easy to use interceptor for the one sith
Development Thread: none
Manufacturer: Krayt Industies
Model: KI-IC-MkI Aka: The Dart
Affiliation: The One Sith and her allies
Modularity: No
Production: Mass Production
Material: Durasteel Transparisteel
Description:

It is a quick and easy to build interceptor, good for scouting roles and local protection. While not as dominating as a KI-SF-MkI, it can out maneuver it and has speed to get away if needed. It`s main role would be harassing pirates, and rebels and other criminals till reinforcements arrive. It does have one other trait. It wings can fold away, this means you can store more of them. Which has advantages when shipping them out, as you can ship more per freighter load. Also smuggling them becomes easier as well, as they can be hidden in other loads. Though the time it takes to put wings in position and reconnect the sensors, by time which a fleet battle would be over. So on carriers they always are prepped ready for launch first. So they can only use a standard load.

It gained the nick name the dart during it speed trials, as it can move a lot faster than the blade fighter. While it lighter armour means it would get churned quite quickly by flak cannons and the likes. Against other fighters, it speed would make the difference between live or death. it combat it main role, is to protect the bigger ships from incoming fighters by keeping them too occupied to attack the main forces. They have little offensive capacity, other than ground support.

Classification: Interceptor
Role: Interception
Height: 3 meters
Width: 9 meters
Length: 10 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Ionization reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: n/a
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 1
Armaments:

• 2 Laser Cannons
  • 2 Disruptor Torpedo Launchers 4 warheads
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Ejector seat
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
Passenger Capacity: 0
Cargo Capacity: 40 kilos
Consumables: 1 day
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 1

You're using the exact same second paragraph for 5 ship subs now, that's not going to fly. Subs should be more unique than that. You may leave it in for flavor but I'm no longer counting it for description quality or length.

About this ship itself though, practically every fighter and ship can hover in place using its repulsor lift, it's standard equipment, and still interceptors are typically dead interceptors. Interceptors are also usually used to catch up to and destroy bombers or to screen larger ships as a quick reaction force. And while interceptors can be, and often are, used to pin down an escaping enemy, expect heavy losses on the part of the interceptors. This would be a good place to expand your description some.

On your hyperdrive, zero is basically a theoretical infinite speed nearing instantaneous travel which is not allowed on this bored. If you meant that the ship simply wasn't equipped with one then please put N/A in the hyperdrive spot.

[member="sabrina"]

sabrina

[member="Domino"] altered, and sorry for reusing the same paragraph. I kinda liked it. I try edit the others out before they checked over. :)

sabrina said:
Does have two other traits. It wings are fold away, this means you can store more of them.
Almost done, you say it has two traits and then only list one due to your last edit and could you change it from saying that you can store more of them to they're easier to store? I don't want to confuse anyone into thinking that you can carry more than the max number of these due to miss-worded flavor text. I'd also appreciate it if you'd run this through a word program for a few grammar errors to help with readability.
[member="sabrina"]

sabrina

[member="Domino"] I have edited, I got no grammar checker, but I think I got them. Please inform me where I gone wrong, if I have missed any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom