Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Kelku

Region: Outer Rim
System: Kelku
Suns: 1, Tsawke, G-type star
Orbital Position: Habitable Zone
Moons: Käsatseng
System Features: None
Coordinates: T18, Beyond the galactic southern end of the Corellian Run, between Olvan and Nedjiv.
Rotational Period: 24 standard hours
Orbital Period: 400 standard days

Class: Terrestrial
Atmosphere: 1
Climate: Temperate
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Forests, Plains, Oceans, Tundra, Mountains

Native Species: Anatasi
Immigrated Species: None
Primary Languages: Anatasi (Na'vi)
Government: Tribal leaders lead their own bands, no broad-spanning government
Population: 2 billion
Demonym: Anatasi
Major Imports: Nothing
Major Exports: Lumber, meat and other animal products

Affiliation: Neutral

Major Locations:
The Howling Plains: A huge grassland prone to extremely fast winds. Home of the Tribe of the Howling Winds.

The Gathering Place: A small grove of trees where representatives from each Anatasi tribe meet to discuss territory and other matters and exchange gossip.

The Grove of the Ancients( Force Nexus, area, dev thread later): A grove of trees with a small spring and a strange stone monument in an unknown location that is said to be found only by Anatasi on the Years of Woe trial. Trial takers come to the grove to be tested by their ancestors in their final trial.

Culture: Culture is centered on war and battle. Individual tribes usually only interact when they meet each other on their travels, and it mostly ends with fighting either because of a dispute or for entertainment. The Anatasi are very warlike, and often raid each other simply to prove their battle skill. Anatasi care little for technology or for the rest of the galaxy, but will fight fiercely if their planet is invaded. The Anatasi have no set religion, but place great value on respecting their ancestors. The Force is seen as a blessing from the "Ancients" and Force-sensitive shamans hold great power and respect amongst the tribes. The dark and light side are not observed by the Anatasi, who see the Force only as a tool, but the dark side philosophies about the release of emotion are much more common. Children are usually on their own from age seven, and learn war from the elder warriors of their tribe. Marriage usually involves elaborate courtship followed by a duel to seal the pact.
Technology: Primitive
History: Kelku was an unknown planet until the Anatasi were found by the Republic during the Clone Wars. It played little part in the war beyond providing resources, though it did fight off a Separatist invasion around the end of the war. It was again invaded for its resources by the Empire, but managed to beat the Empire off and was then largely ignored. The years following were peaceful, with the Anatasi playing little role in the grand scheme of things beyond providing the occasional Force-sensitive. The Gulag Virus caused the deaths of nearly a billion Anatasi and was the subject of a great bit of sadness among the species, though they saw it as simply another factor of nature and the mourning did not last more than a few months after words. The Netherworld event was actually celebrated by the Anatasi though it took nearly two thirds of the surviving population, and was seen as a widespread calling of the worthy by the Ancients.

Notable PCs: [member="Txon Taronyu"]
Intent: To make a homeworld for the Anatasi species

[member="SonoftheStars"]

SonoftheStars said:
Coordinates: U15, far right
I want you to be more specific. What is its relative position to other planets in accordance with our map?

SonoftheStars said:
The Grove of the Ancients( Force Nexus, area, dev thread later):
No, dev thread now :D I want to see it reach at least 10 quality posts.

SonoftheStars said:
Population: 7 billion
I see the population on Kelku was brought down to 2 billion in your species sub. Please change the number to that for consistency.

SonoftheStars said:
Native Species: Anatasi
As this is a custom species, I want you to include a link to that submission here.

SonoftheStars said:
The Gulag Virus did not effect them because it could not reach them
The Gulag Plague reached practically everywhere. There were no lucky breaks. I see no reason here that justifies Kelku being spared. Please include a description of the impact the plague had on the planet.

SonoftheStars said:
the Netherworld event was actually celebrated by the Anatasi, who began taking a more active role in galactic politics as a way to gain the glory to supposedly by summoned by the Ancients.
In the species sub you mention who the Netherworld Event led to the disappearance of nearly two thirds of the planet's population. I'm not sure why you chose to exclude that from this submission. Please include that vital piece of history.

Thanks

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]
I made all edits possible. As far as the dev thread goes I have no clue how to do one and may have difficulty doing it. Could I do it in a dream perhaps?

[member="SonoftheStars"]

[SIZE=14.6667px]This dev would focus on the Force Nexus. I would expect it to include how it was created and what impact it had on the affected area.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]There are many ways to approach a dev thread like this, and I won’t limit you to one method. You could do it in a dream. You could also write it as set in the past, without any involvement from your character. Another method could be to approach it as scientists or explorers discovering and investigating the location. [/SIZE]

[member="SonoftheStars"]

Sure thing! PM one of the Codex Admins (tagged below) when you are ready to have this reviewed.

Putting this up for archival.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] [member="Lorelei Darke"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom