Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping an Eye on Things

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
An MC-18 light freighter jumped into the Taanab system, baring the familiar marking and modifications of the Basilisk. He was at the world today for a simple thing. [member="Taozi Fuyuan"] was going to be examining the cybernetic eye that replaced his original. While it was getting dry at times, overall it had been working great. Sure, the color didn't match, but Mig honestly didn't care much at this point. Now though, went to exit the ship as R10 landed the vessel. He would soon walk out to see the hospital, and took in the city it was in. It was scarred, but things were being rebuilt. It was almost normal again, really. He then walked in, ready and hoping nothing was actually wrong with his eye.

As [member="Mig Gred"] walked into the hospital, a Tal member greeted him at the front desk, with a cheerful smile. "Su cuy'gar, Alor Gred. Alor Tal is on floor 7, in suite 704. You'll check in with the desk there, but I'll tell them you're on your way now." She shooed him off with a smile and a hand motion towards the elevators, then resumed... whatever it was she was doing at the desk as she took a drink of what looked like green tea? Whatever it was made the male nurse that walked up blanch in disgust.

Once Mig found and entered the suite, he would walk into a clean, neutral colored waiting room, with two clear windows where a receptionist sat behind both. One, a Zeltronian woman, looked up and smiled, beckoning him forth, and opened her window to hand him a holopad to fill out. "Fill this out for me, hon? Once it's all filled out, ya can hand it back to me, and Doctor Fuyuan will be with ya shortly afterwards."

Mig nodded to the fellow Mandalorian, saying "Su cuy'gar. Thank you." Mig then followed what he was told, heading up to floor seven and greeting the Zeltronian receptionist there before grabbing the paperwork. He looked her and nodded, looking it over.

"Will do." He then looked down at what he had to fill out. He was almost certain he had filled some of this same information before, but they did have to be sure nothing changed. Mig carefully filled it out, trying not to mess something up and have to start over. Once he had finished everything though, he handed it back to the receptionist, and waited for [member="Taozi Fuyuan"] to show up. Once she did, he smiled.

"Taozi. Good to finally meet under good circumstances."

"Thank ya, hon! Doctor Fuyuan will be out in just a bit to get ya." The receptionist smiled at [member="Mig Gred"] as she took back the holopad, and closed the window.

After a few minutes, Taozi opened the door to the waiting room, dressed in dark pink scrubs, and a doctor's coat. Clearing her throat to get Mig's attention, she looked down at the holopad in her hand. "Indeed it is. Though, it'll be even better once we check your eye, and make sure it's functioning properly. Follow me." Taozi turned around and walked through the hall, before entering one of the exam rooms, and closing the door after Mig walked in after her.

"Have a seat on the exam chair for me, while I get all of the supplies I need."

Mig nodded to [member="Taozi Fuyuan"] , following her back to the exam room. He smiled a bit, deciding to make some small talk.

"Leddie's been sleeping a lot better with those gummies of your's, and I gotta say, Taanab looks like she's recovering." It was true. Last time he was on Taanab, it was still in rebuilding mode. Now, it was hard to tell the extent of the battle that took place there. It was kind of surprising honestly. He then followed into the room, sitting in the chair his fellow Alor offered.

"So, what's this exam entail?"

"I'm glad, Leddie is who I made them for afterall. She's... seen far too much for a child, even for a Mandalorian one." Taozi smiled softly, as she picked up a holopad, scrolling through her plans for [member="Mig Gred"]. "There are still some farms that have damage, but it's mostly soil quality and some structural damage to their homes. I've been discussing with one of the local farmers on making an excursion there. His is one of the farms that got hit the hardest in the attack."

Taozi hummed as she decided which tests to run first, before setting the holopad down and handing Mig an eye cover for his real eye. "We'll start simple, and see how well the eye sees on it's own first. After that we'll test response time, and run other diagnostics on it."

Mig nodded, sighing slightly.

"Yeah. No one should have to see a battle like that." [member="Taozi Fuyuan"] then explained the damage that was still there. Mig gave an understanding look. Why a planet like this was hit the way that it was...? The Mando'ad'jetii could only imagine what was going through the heads of those in the CIS. He'd at least take the Silvers watching this world over them. He wasn't convinced the CIS cared about those on the planet, and the Jedi he knew had a good heart. Either way, he couldn't change the past now. "I hope your able to help him out." Now though, it was time to focus on his eye.

The man nodded getting ready for the testing. "Ok, Taozi. Whenever you're ready."

"Of course. The people of Taanab are my family, it's my job to help them." Taozi smiled slightly as she turned on the holo-screen's eye test chart setting, and letters in the Basic alphabet appeared in rows. As the rows descended, more letters would appear, in a smaller font. The doctor turned to [member="Mig Gred"] and gestured to the screen. "Whenever you're ready, begin by reading each letter beginning from the top, and working your way down. You can stop when the letters stop being readable."

G
K O
R L Q P A
Y L V W B M Z
E I T A G F R N X U
P D V J K A S O C Q L V E

Mig smiled, looking at the chart and quickly read through the first, second, and third lines. He slowed a little once he got to the forth, and stumbled through the fifth, missing a letter or two in it. He finally reached the last line, but couldn't make anything out. He sighed slightly, leaning back.

"That's all I got, Taozi. Not sure if that's good or not."

[member="Taozi Fuyuan"]

Taozi made notes on her holopad the further [member="Mig Gred"] got in the test, and frowned when he began to stumble, and sighed quietly through her nose when he stopped at the last line. A recalibration would be required, at the very least. Perhaps the zoom function was damaged on Concord Dawn? She tapped the side of her holopad with her nail, before turning back to Mig.

"The zoom feature on your eye will likely need recalibration. I want to test your eye's field of vision next, so follow me into the testing room please."

Taozi would then lead Mig into a mildly lit room, with a machine in the center. Once Mig sat down, Taozi would hand him a remote with a single button, connected to the machine by a cord.

"Place your chin on the brace so your eye is situated in the reticle. Once you're ready, I'll turn the lights on, and every time you see a blink, you'll need to press the button on the remote."

Mig looked to [member="Taozi Fuyuan"] , nodding slightly. He figured it got messed up in battle somewhere. He'd been in another fight since Concord Dawn, or maybe on Hapes. Either way, it got messed up somewhere. For all he knew, Leddie knocked it around while they were playing. He sighed a little, thinking a bit as he followed.

"Alright. I've been meaning to ask. How have you been since the attack? I know you don't tend to have time to get help." Mig just wanted to be sure the doctor had been tending to herself as well as she did others. As Mig walked into the next room, he was a bit surprised by the machine that was before him. The Alor got into position, grabbing the controller and getting ready. He then looked into the device, a bit curious.

"Ready when you are."

Taozi tensed slightly when [member="Mig Gred"] asked how she'd been, but relaxed as she went to work on the machine settings. A hum came from her in response, unconsciously trying to avoid that discussion for now. Mig's eye was more important than her mental state. Mig was a fighter, she was not. He had to be ready for battle, and it was her duty to make sure he was, mental health be damned to the Netherworld.

"Starting the test now. Look straight ahead, and nowhere else, otherwise it will affect the test."

Taozi kept her eyes on the machine's monitor, as the lights came on. Every 5 seconds, a random light would blink, and after 60 seconds the lights would turn off, signaling the end of the test. In total, 11 lights would blink before the end of the test.

Mig noticed how [member="Taozi Fuyuan"] seemed to react to him asking the question, and her clear avoidance of answering it. He simply nodded, knowing from his experience with Leddie that he shouldn't push much further. He ran through the test, pressing the button at every blink. He was curious as to what she was specifically looking for, but he trusted Taozi to know what she was doing. She was the doctor here after all, and, at least the way he saw it, a warrior of a different front. Once the test was over, Mig pulled his head out and turned to her.

"Anything else, Doc?"

Taozi hummed when [member="Mig Gred"] got a perfect score. Peripheral vision from the eye was functioning fine, which was good. She shut off the machine, and picked up her holopad, typing in her observations before setting it back down.

"There are a few other tests I want to do, but we'll complete those in the exam room we were in before. They're simpler, and will be testing how both of your eyes work together. Once those are complete, I'll calibrate the zoom on your eye once more, and make any necessary adjustments to better work with your natural eye. I can take that cover for your eye now as well."

Taozi held out a hand to take the eye cover from Mig, and once he handed it she would toss it into a bin, with other used covers. After wiping down the machine where Mig placed his face, Taozi would lead him back to the original exam room, and have him sit down. With a few taps on Taozi's medical watch, a medical droid would bring in a small, adjustable, table with a vase containing a single small flower on it. After adjusting it so the flower would be at Mig's eye level, Taozi pulled out a hand-held opaque eye cover from a drawer, and walked over to Mig.

"I want you to stare at that flower, and once you're ready, I'll be covering one eye, then the other. This is going to test if one of your eyes is having to adjust to look at the flower."

Mig looked over at [member="Taozi Fuyuan"] . So there were a couple more tests. Ok. This would be easy. He watched as a droid came in with a vase and flower, and listened as his fellow Alor. Mig focused on it, making sure he was ready for this test. When he was ready, he spoke up.

"Ok, Taozi. I'm ready."

Taozi waited patiently as Mig Gred Mig Gred readied himself. It was a simple test, but important to do for the sake of Mig's well-being on the battlefield. She covered his artificial eye first, waited a few seconds to let his eye adjust, then switched eyes. She watched carefully to see if his artificial eye needed to move itself to stare at the flower, before uncovering his eye.

The droid moved the table about half-way to Mig, and Taozi repeated the test. Once satisfied, she stepped away from him to make notes in the holopad, and the droid left the room with the table.

Mig followed Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan 's instructions as she did the test, and he was surprised with just how quick it was. It was then that the droid seemed to float off, and the Mandalorian was left waiting for the results.

"So.... I didn't do too much damage, right?" He chuckled a little bit after saying this, hinting that it was a joke. He knew Taozi had a job to, but it didn't mean he couldn't have some fun. Plus, he still had something to give her after all this was done too.

"Surprisingly, no. The only thing that's been damaged is your eye's zooming functionality. A simple fix really, should only take a few minutes downstairs with one of the technicians."

Taozi smiled at Mig Gred Mig Gred as she set the holopad down on the counter, and began to clean up.

"However, I would like to see you again in about a month to do more testing. Were there any other general health concerns you had before I send you downstairs to the lab?"

The doctor sat down on a hoverstool, looking at Mig inquisitively. Despite his appointment being scheduled for his eye, it didn't hurt to check if he had any other problems as well. Best get it all done at once, isn't it?

Mig chuckled, rubbing his eye as Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan told him only the zoom was messed up.

"Really? Your clan makes one good eye to hold up to what its been through." He then listened as she asked him whether or not their was anything else health wise he was concerned about. Mig looked back, sighing a little. "No, but I do want you to know the bears are helping that... well... I'm thankful for what your clan has done for mine, and I may have brought something for you once everything's squared away."

"I would hope so, the eye was made with combat in mind." Taozi smiled and let out a small laugh, admittedly the first one she'd had in a while. She hummed and nodded in understanding when Mig Gred Mig Gred mentioned the bears she made, before tilting her head curiously when he spoke of a gift.

"You don't need to give me a gift you know, I've barely been able to do anything for... anyone."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom