Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Keeper-class Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space_Cruiser_by_EastCoastCanuck.jpg

Image Source
: Here
Affiliation: Levantine Sanctum
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation
Model: Keeper-class Cruiser
Modularity: Minor
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: White Durasteel-Titanium Alloy (Hull Plating), Quadanium (Structural Frame), Transparisteel (Viewports)
Classification: Patrol Cruiser

Length: 850 meters
Width: 330 meters
Height: 350 meters

Armament: 12/10/8

• Four Dual Heavy Long-Range Ion Cannons
  • Ten Dual Heavy Mass Driver Cannon Turrets
  • Fifteen Dual Heavy Ion Cannon Turrets
  • Sixty Fastmounted Ion Cannon Turrets
  • Five Heavy Intruder Missile Launchers
  • Forty MESG-1 Missile Launchers
  • Thirty Point Defense Ion Cannons

Hangar:

• One Squadron of Starfighters
  • Six Dropships

Special Features:
Mission Module - The large triangular wedge atop the ship is a self-contained module that can be removed and replaced in drydock. From evacuation, to long-term passenger capacity, to research, to securing valuable objects, this module gives the Keeper-class a variable secondary role.

Maneuverability Rating: 13
Speed Rating: 13
Hyperdrive Class:

• Primary - Class 1
  • Secondary - Class 10
Strengths:
Ion Power - The Keeper-class has an armament almost exclusively made up of ion cannons. This means the ship can rapidly tear through shields and disable enemy ships or stations.

Shield Buster - The Keeper's intruders are designed to maximize shield disruption. Focusing all of its energy to that goal, when an intruder impacts against the shields of a heavy capital ship the effects are near instantaneous. A rippling purple field of energy shoots out from the point of impact and detonation, racing around the contours of the shields until it has passed every part of the ship. Shield emitters are blown out as the energy passes over. The end result is a ship that is functionally fine, but has no shields whatsoever. Each emitter must be replaced before any section of the ship's shields can be raised. This can thus take hours, depending on the number of emitters and their placement, before a ship can restore full shield functionality.

Weaknesses:
Ion Power - As the Keeper-class has little weapons outside its ion cannons, it has an exceptionally difficult time with inflicting any lasting, mortal harm on enemy ships. Thus any ship that is not soon disabled by the cruiser's ion barrage will begin to inflict serious damage with little worry of receiving any in return.

Variant Intruders - Normally Intruder missiles cause a chain reaction when impacting a ship that causes a reactor overload and subsequently destroys the ship. As destruction is not the purpose of the Keeper-class, a variant model of the Intruder was made. This was accomplished by altering the warhead's payload, adjusting it downward such that it would only cause the shield emitters to overload, without having the energy left over to overload the reactor. The risk of overloading is still present if the missile is fired at light capital ships (< 1,000 meters), and thus should be avoided as it runs the risk of acting like a normal intruder against their diminished shield capacity.

Description:
Design and construction of the Keeper-class began shortly after Corellian Engineering was awarded a contract with the Levantine Sanctum. The primary mandate given to CEC was that the Sanctum was not an aggressive military state like the Republic or Protectorate, and they did not want their ships to give that impression. As well, they requested their ships be capable of simply disabling a target rather than only being able to destroy it, so emphasis on ion weaponry was necessary.

Taking the requests as a challenge, Corellian Engineering set out to prove once more that they were an innovating corporation that could handle handle wildly disparate requests. The first demand was the easiest to accommodate. Several powders added to the molten durasteel-titanium alloy gave the metal a white sheen without adversely affecting the hull plating.

The next part, a focus on ion weaponry, was somewhat trickier. Lessons learned from the construction of its previous heavy capital ships gave CEC the experience needed to drop in several capacitors to lesson direct draw on the ship's reactor. Grounding stations prevented the ship from accidentally disabling itself with its ion cannons. Almost its entire armament is designed to incapacitate rather than destroy. Only ten mass driver turrets give the ship any capacity for outright destruction. Even its missiles, the Intruder heavy missile and the smaller MESG-1, are designed to disable ships.

However, these two things weren't enough to ensure that the Keeper-class did not take on an identity as a military ship. So a module was created, one that could be removed and changed. Situated on top, the triangular module would be easily replaceable in drydock, allowing for some versatility with mission profiles for the Keeper-class. The most common configuration has the module filled with various systems to allow the Keeper-class to function as an evacuation craft.

A less common module configuration, designed and headed by Ayden himself, turns the space into a small vault. A small portion of the total space is lined will nullification resin. Security measures like pressure plates, thermal sensors, and trip lasers ensures that none may enter without the knowledge of those within the Sanctum.

Besides the module's design, the Keeper-class has several smaller areas that were designed to give the ship a less intimidating interior. Gardens and small reservoirs of water do much to add light to the ship. The halls are slightly taller and wider than those found on military ships, and the interior is brightly lit. Every effort was made to give the ship's a less sterile, military profile while keeping the ship combat effective.

The end result is a cruiser capable of performing a multitude of roles, both in peacetime and in war.

• Advanced Targeting Systems
  • Diplomatic Suite
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Hydroponics Bay
  • Long-Range Communications Array
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Tractor Beam (x8)
Development Thread: None
Supporting Thread:

Intent: To develop a general cruiser for the Levantine Sanctum.

[member="Ayden Cater"]

Alright so I'm happy with most of this submission. However, the intruder missiles aren't nonlethal. They overload the shield generator to destroy a ship (A one hit kill even depending on the debate), so that goes against what you say. In addition you have too many advanced systems, as I assume the long-ranged communication is meant to be an advanced flavor of the standard. You also have advanced targeting. Its been the precedent a ship can only have one advanced system without putting extra work into it. I would like one of those two dropped down to standard or a short thread done to improve them.

Lastly and most minorly, if you could drop the tractor beams from 12 to either 6-8 I'd feel happier as a frigate normally say has around 2-4 max depending on role, so twelve is a lot for a ship only so much bigger.

[member="Camellia Swift"]

I've always subbed capital ships with long-range communications arrays as a means of differentiating it from sub-capital communications, particular starfighters and freighters. Capital ships have been said to have com ranges measured in tens or hundreds of light years, whereas most starfighters are limited to intra-system communications. So, with respect I'd like to leave that detail in.

I did cut the number of tractor beams in half though.

[member="Ayden Cater"]

Alright I'll accept that explanation. My issue about the Intruder missile being a 1 hit kill when you claim it only disables craft stands. The wiki even says they do. And since the Rebels weren't using these on TIEs, who had no shields to overload (and it says Capital craft were immune which I would take to assume Victory Class and above for the Imperials), this gives the Impression that Corvettes and Small frigates are at risk of being one shot.

[member="Camellia Swift"]

I'm talking with a few people to make a truly non-lethal missile for taking out shields, since most folks on the board seem to have missed the "explode" part of intruder missiles in the past. Would this need a dev thread, or would a sufficiently detailed description of the missile work?

[member="Ayden Cater"]

Sorry, since it wasn't clear before. Yes this will need a dev thread. The length and quality would depend upon the size of ship this missile will effect and the duration the effect lasts. Let me know what you're thinking of there and I'll give you my feedback and suggestions on what sort of dev thread you'll need.

This is because since the canon missile was a 1 shot kill for small capital ships I would like to know how large a ship you think the missile will effect and how long it will disable it.

[member="Ayden Cater"]

Alright everything looks ok, can you give an estimate on how long it effects people so they have an idea when they're hit with it in an rp? (This is for your benefit too so they don't just shrug it off) Will send it to secondary then!

:3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom