Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Katrine's spellbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katrine's spellbook

oYcBjz.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATIONPRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Katrine’s Spell book
  • Manufacturer: Katrine Van-Derveld (with the help of Satara Hawk in initial creation)
  • Affiliation: Katrine Van-Derveld
  • Modularity: Yes. Additional pages can be sewed into the inside sewing and ultimately, if the cover and binding become too small, they can be replaced by bigger/thicker ones since the current cover page was sewed in over the inside binding.
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Leather, paper, Zersium (in creation of the sun and moon on the cover)
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Grimoire
  • Size: Hand-held
  • Length: 23 cm
  • Width: 17 cm (unopened)
  • Height: 4 cm (with the possibility of extension by adding papers)
  • Weight: 1,5 kg
CONTENTS
  • Spells
  • Force Powers
  • Sith magic
  • Snippets of Dathomirian, Singing Mountain Clan, Hawks & Van-Derveld history
  • Snippets on Mandragora and its pacts, mostly on Katrine’s pact Jart
  • Trials and Ceremonies
Strengths:
  • Source of knowledge: First purpose of the book is to document Katrine’s own knowledge of all things magical, powers and spells before anything else.
  • Galactic Basic: The book is almost entirely written in Galactic basic, allowing for an easy read. Exception to this are the spells used in their original Paecean form that do not offer a translation.
  • Blood imbued lock: Because Katrine has in the time of its original creation of the cover imbued it with her blood, it serves as a sort of lock which enables her own family to have easy access but would require those not of her blood to force entry to the book.
  • Easily influenced by magic or powers: The positive aspect of using magic or powers on the spell book is seen in being able to use either to bring the book forth (within visible distance) or to locate the necessary page, provided that it exists.
Weaknesses:
  • No index: The book doesn’t have any sort of interest so only someone who has knowledge of the book or has created it (Katrine) can easily maneuver through it and find what they need.
  • Usage of Paecean: Since some of the spells in Katrine’s knowledge are still Paecean based, there are a number of spells written with the primary language of the Dathomirian culture.
  • Just paper: While there is a blood imbued lock on the book, it doesn’t protect the book in any way. It can be destroyed as any book or papers, easiest way being by burning it.
  • Words on a Paper: The spellbook itself, for all the importance it possesses to Katrine as a way to document learned knowledge, the words themselves hold no particular power and usage of the book cannot increase a chanted spell in any way, it can only come from the strength of the user themselves within the Force and their concentration.
  • Easily influenced by magic and powers: While in some regards, this could be seen as strength, in the same way, powers or spells could be used on it to either break the blood imbued lock or to destroy it.
PAGE EXAMPLES
  • Force “Blanket” I Spell – Altered title on the page as per Katrine’s own creation, with the words of the spell done in Paecean, with a drawing to the side, as to not darken the book too much. The symbol of the skull is meant to represent a dangerous spell even though in its initiate level, the spell itself cannot kill.
  • Companionship – A two entry page which explains the importance of companions to witches, as well as a common method of how that companionship with rancors is achieved since these animals are most typical for Witches to bond with.
DESCRIPTION

When Katrine began her studies as a Witch on Dathomir, she learned from the Book of Law and Book of Dathomir. In these books, she studies spells and important information about her clan and people. However, each of these books were filled with outdated information (updated with newer ones), kept in singular places under the guard of Clan Mothers and far too heavy to keep. So, she began to write down spells written in those books, primarily on scrolls in order to take them with her and practice. In time, the scrolls became too much and took to creating a book. Primary work on the spell book was done with the help of her great great grandmother Satara Hawk, the Singing Mountain Clan Mother, who taught her how to sew the pages together and assisted in making the primary cover the spell book now uses.

Currently written pages are of the spells and powers Katrine possesses, with additional entries of spells which she adjusts to being spoken in Galactic Basic rather than her native Paecean, expending the usage of Dathomirian magic. They also hold short entries on her Force Powers, with small descriptions on the purpose of the spell and how to use it since the purpose of the book has slightly changed from the original one but still heavily inspired by the Books she created these after: to create a modernized spell book of the youngest generation of Hawks, especially Van-Derveld Hawks and whatever generations may follow.

The book is also imbued by Katrine’s blood, allowing her initial property of the created book though this would easily enable anyone of her blood, especially those closes to her (her siblings and parents) to make use of it. While this doesn’t completely forbid others of reading the book, it would make opening harder and would require the use of forceful magic to break the lock of blood.

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

Hi there! So far, this submission has been an interesting read so far. It's unique in design as I don't typically see spellbooks come through here. Everything looks a-okay to me but I'd just like a little clarification before I stamp this approved.

Personally, I'm not too well versed in regards to Sith or Dathomiri magic. So, how exactly does the spellbook work? I understand that it contains a plethora of information and can be seen, in my opinion, as a guidebook on how to recite incantations and the like. But does it impact the spells themselves at all, like their strength or scope?

This request is mainly for the sake of other writers, namely in situations where they could come into possession of this book. Just clarify the above as an edit in the description, or anywhere, and I'll stamp this approved!

Tag me when the edits have been made!

[member="Arken Lussk"] the spellbook doesn't give any sort of boost to the caster in anyway. All power comes from the user themselves, depending on how strong they are in the Force. Added a bullet point within the weakness section to reflect this, for easier find later on. Hope that works.

Words on a Paper: The spellbook itself, for all the importance it possesses to Katrine as a way to document learned knowledge, the words themselves hold no particular power and usage of the book cannot increase a chanted spell in any way, it can only come from the strength of the user themselves within the Force and their concentration.

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
Pretty basic and personalized Sith/Dathomiri magical item. Serves mainly as a guidebook and looks very fun to write out!

Approved. Pending Factory Mentor Review.

[member="Jamie Pyne"], [member="Nadja"], [member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom