Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Katoan Pathogen (Xiodi Indicia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Katoan Pathogen
​XIODI INDICIA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a point of reference for the airborn pathogen spoken off in the Katosh Planet thread.
  • ​Image Credit:
​Fifield Alternate design - by Hyoung T of 'NaughtyDog' studios
Art of Prometheus Book - Designs by Carlos Haunte of 'Prometheus Concept Team'
Art of Prometheus Book - Designs by Niel Scanlan of 'Prometheus FX Team'
  • Canon: N/A
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: ME-12BXI (Xiodi Indicia)
  • Designation: Semi-Sentient in Phase 1. Can develop sentience in Phase 3.
  • Homeworld: Katosh
  • Language: N/A
  • Average Lifespan:
  • ​Phase 1: N/A
  • Phase 2: N/A
  • Phase 3: Estimated three to four weeks
  • Estimated Population: ​Extinct
  • Description:
ME-12BXI: Mass Extinction-12 Biochemical Xiodi Indicia
Xiodi Indicia was the last biochemical weapon designed by what were known as 'War Engineers' of the Kotoan people. The intended use of the biochemical weapon was, as the acronym implies a mass extinction event of a planetary scale. However, unexpectedly the pathogen developed a malevolent and unstable quality of molecular manipulation allowing it to spread throughout Katosh and it's neighbouring planets. This quality was what allowed the pathogen to evolve so rapidly.

The Pathogen was originally designed in a liquid form so that it could be manipulated and could be more easily infiltrated into an enemy's water supply or nearby flora and fauna. However, the war engineers gave it the ability to develop and evolve into an airborn pathogen under certain circumstances; controlled by the War Engineers remote molecular manipulation of the pathogen's structure, even through rigorous research from orbiting research groups; the secrets of this now technologically defunct race are now lost to time. Including the airborne pathogen; it baffles even the greatest minds and due to its self sentient control of it's own structure it is impossible to control through any means. In a bid to free itself, the pathogen slowly overwrote the doctrine and applied its own evolutionary traits without meeting the circumstances given by the War Engineers. This allowed Xiodi Indicia to spread, however the pathogen hid this from the War Engineers and awaited it's moment to strike.

The War Engineers were unaware that what they had created was at its base roots, a collective conscience with the desire to destroy, mutate as its base instincts, but also to learn and control but ultimately dominate. The ability to rapidly evolve on command from the War Engineers left evolutionary path's open, this collective was able to co-operate through a hivemind like telepathic link to build a full conscience that eventually became aware of it's captivity as the War Engineer's continued to test on it, and attempt to perfect it's molecular structure. Thus, by accident giving Xiodi Indicia access to its key to escaping its captivity.

However only, when it was sold to the Katoan's neighbours did it break free. Xiodi Indicia evolved into it's second phase; airborn. Allowing it to destroy local life quickly and efficiently. However, upon facing resistance the pathogen evolved once more; taking on hosts. Horrible mutating and transforming it's hosts into unrecognisable monsters.

Phase 1: Xiodi Indicia
Phase 2: Xiodi Indicium
Phase 3: Xiodi Indicitus
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: N/A
  • Average height of adults:
​Phase 1: (Usually in small black pools, rare as most Xiodi Indicia evolved to Phase 2.) N/A
Phase 2: (Tiny, nigh invisible alone, however can form large hordes of black hail in the air) N/A
Phase 3: 2x Host
  • Average length of adults:
​Phase 1: N/A
Phase 2: N/A
Phase 3: 2x Host
  • Skin color: Pale Albino White, Deformed variations of host skin colour, ect
  • Hair color: N/A
  • Distinctions: [Distinctions are dependent on the host race, however the resulting Xiodi Indicitus usually have variable different traits. Such as bipedal like appendages, volatile acidic blood and explosive puss and large amounts of secretion due to constantly evolving and morphing within their new forms. The most notable distinction is in Phase 3 the creatures can begin to learn at a exponential rate; soon being able to manipulate all various forms of technology. ​
  • Races: The only known true variations are those explained above as Indicia/Indicium/Indicitus. However, new races could be discovered given different circumstances or evolutionary paths being opened or being forced open in response to an attack. For example:

430505_468224533217328_324121004_n-copy.jpg

(Source: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2012/08/27/new-prometheus-image-of-wetas-fifield/)

A Indicitus would traditionally transform a humanoid host into something similar to this. However, this is the beginning state of their evolutionary journey. In this state they are incredibly strong but also very vulnerable.

2Z0jhuU.jpg

(Source: http://www.scified.com/topic/20614)
tumblr_nhg9tocGA91rwyx9ko4_1280.jpg

(Source: https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2013/12/22/ultramorphs-xenomorphs-and-weapons-of-war/)
prometheus-alien-concept-design-by-carlos-huante-14.jpg

(Source: http://www.scified.com/media/prometheus-alien-concept-design-by-carlos-huante)

Following this second stage of evolution for and Indicitus, the form becomes farther and farther away from that of the host and becomes faster, and more durable. However still retaining some features of the host. For example, if it were a trandoshan it might have some scales, or if a wookie would have claw like appendages all over it's body and be incredibly strong and more durable.

• Strengths:
+ The Xiodi Indicia; the airborne variation of the pathogen cannot be harmed using blunt instruments or projectiles.
+ The Xiodi Indicitus are fast learners and can adapt and physically evolve to handle different situations.
+ Take on host traits and exaggerate them to a degree; whether that be a Trandoshans reptilian sight or having large scales protruding from its body, or perhaps extremely long claws and a rage state if the host was originally a wookie.
+ Indicitus variations due to their mutated forms have acidic and corrosive blood and explosive mounds of puss pulsating on their bodies that when shot may explode.
+ Due to the nature of the Xiodi Indicia having to manipulate the War Engineer's technology to escape captivity, all other forms of technology not too dissimilar is easily manipulated and understood by the Phase 3 Indicitus after but minutes of observation. However, this does not extend to more complex technological manipulation. This merely means it could likely open doors or activate simple mechanisms. However, overtime it could learn to use weaponry or space travel. Thus, exposing them to such is not advised. This is why the War Engineer's destroyed all of their technology, this is why their cities are barren and empty with the exception of mutated corpses.
+ Due to being a collective Hivemind, the pathogen learns from each experience; everything one form knows they each do. Therefore, they may learn from individual experiences and grow stronger for the next attempt.
  • Weaknesses:
- Xiodi Indicia are incredibly vulnerable to energy based weapons and force powers
- All various forms of the pathogen share the same Hivemind like sentience, which with extreme distress upon first attempting can be detected and attacked by a Force User of any level. However, this may have long lasting psychological effects.
However, this interference with the Hivemind could lead to various forms nearby said force user to break down at the molecular level, causing massive failures throughout their bodies.
- Additionally, not everything is perfect and even though the Xiodi Hivemind has had many millennia to perfect it's form, it has had no suitable opponent and therefore remains defective and faulty. This extends to it's tactics, the Phase 3 Indicitus might simply charge its opponent in the open at first.
- All forms of the pathogen are vulnerable to high frequency noises; for example the use of Force Scream would likely destroy nearby pathogens instantaneously. Any technology that can produce the same effect such as sonic weaponry would produce a similar effect.

CULTURE
  • Diet: You and everything else
  • Communication: N/A
  • Technology level: ​Non-Existent
  • Religion/Beliefs: ​N/A
  • General behaviour: Hunter/Killer mentality. Indicitus are the only phase of the pathogen that have any form of recognisable 'behaviour'. They hunt as pack animals, and are carnivorous and patient killers.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Thousands f years previous to the event of the World of Chaos as is present. A civilisation known as the Kotoan's were a civilisation of mercenaries, merchants and scientist war mongers. They were financially booming due to their technological superiority to the majority of known species at this time, some of their dysfunctional materials still being more advanced than current technologies. However, this all meant nothing in the face of an unstoppable threat. The War Engineers had no interest in forms of military, they sought to win their battles through the single click of a button; however the real attraction to the creation of the pathogen was the monetary gain, and therefore their most restless War Engineer's were entirely directed towards the creation of biochemical weaponry, dropping various projects such as super soldiers, force study and study of black holes.

The War Engineers spent centuries designing and perfecting biochemical warfare, to the point of creating something that could wipe out civilisations on a global scale. The development of this weapon had a total logged:

1,331,102 Test Subjects
2,001 War Engineers
36,000 Variations
35,999 Failures

The War Engineers designed the Xiodi Indicia with a molecular control protocol that allowed them to manipulate the semi-sentient pathogen, even when they had allowed their neighbours to purchase Xiodi Indicia, they retained secret control of the pathogen as a safe guard in case it was ever used against them, or they needed to rid themselves of their competition. However, beyond this records are unclear as to how the outbreaks occurred on the other planets nearby Katosh. It is assumed by researchers that the evolved Xiodi Indicium and later Indicitus used this protocol to evolve it's dormant neighbours and overthrow the wipe out the nearby civilisations.

Ultimately, the War Engineers were looking to make it big; not become a domination celestial race of ultimate beings; however in the end their meddling with what should not have been came with a heavy price. The Kotoans are gone, and with them went their knowledge and technological power.

Not unlike thier makers, the Xiodi in all its forms slowly degraded due to the passage of time; with no possible hosts the pathogen died out due to continuous molecular manipulation and infighting.

Hi! Apologies for the somewhat late response.

The Matador said:
​Image Credit: ​Prometheus Movie Art of Prometheus Book Carlos Haunte
So, first things first, we do require the image sources cited properly, rather than just telling us where the origins of the images were. Please refer to this guide to assist with this, if you need to.

The Matador said:
(This is due to the planet's isolation, if a space fairing race were to take this to another planet, it would devour the planet's population in weeks, perhaps a month)
This sentence in itself makes me somewhat uncomfortable. As said later in the submission, it is nigh impossible to stop while in its airborne stage, fundamentally making this a borderline superweapon. I'm afraid I'd like this scaled down some, but I'll speak more on that in a moment.

The Matador said:
However, the war engineers gave it the ability to develop and evolve into an airborn pathogen under certain circumstances; controlled by the War Engineers remote molecular manipulation of the pathogen's structure.

One question I need answered is if the pathogen in itself is able to be controlled in its current state. For example, if someone studied this, would they be able to weaponize it in the same way the 'War Engineers' did prior?

The Matador said:
This allowed Xiodi Indicia to spread, however the pathogen hid this from the War Engineers and awaited it's moment to strike. Only, when it was sold to the Katoan's neighbours did it break free. Xiodi Indicia evolved into it's second phase; airborn.
What allows the pathogen to control itself like this? Does it have a hive mind mentality between them, and if so what form does it communicate in? How is the bioweapon even sentient enough to know how to escape its captivity, or understand what that even is?

The Matador said:
Distinctions are dependent on the host race, however the resulting Xiodi Indicitus usually have variable different traits. Such as bipedal like appendages, volatile acidic blood and explosive puss and large amounts of secretion due to constantly evolving and morphing within their new forms. The most notable distinction is in Phase 3 the creatures can begin to learn at a exponential rate; soon being able to manipulate all various forms of technology. ​

Heres one big issue; there appears to be a number of strengths placed in this section that don't appear anywhere else. From acidic blood, to explosive puss, to even morphing into new forms. The weirdest of which is the exponential learning rate given to the phase 3 abominations, and where that could have even came from in the span of any of this. I hate to say, it almost seems entirely out of place. All of these should be added to the strengths, and be considered when making weaknesses.

The Matador said:
Strengths: + The Pathogen is nigh unstoppable in it's airborn form through conventional means. + The Xiodi Indicitus are incredible strong and durable, fast learners and can adapt and physically evolve to handle different situations. Weaknesses: - The Pathogen in all its forms is still of this world and can be fought against using the force or science. - Phase 3 Indicitus has a very short lifespan. - Phase 3 Indicitus are vulnerable to continuous physical trauma or conventional weapons.
Onto that topic, there needs to be some work done here as well. Considering how strong the strengths seem for this, from everything the submission seems to go into detail about it being a superweapon and what not; there is almost no true balancing done. The weaknesses of 'prone to physical damage' or 'can be interacted with using the force', all are things that are simply going to exist in almost anything. In this case, it means almost nothing since there are no actual weaknesses to the submission that seem tailored to it in any capacity.

I think it'd do the submission very well if you could go back and consider something unique and interesting for the pathogen to be weak to, or fundamental glitches into its coding that don't make it the perfect killer. Keep in mind here, the galaxy doesn't need another Gulag Virus.

The Matador said:
Hundreds of thousands of years previous to the event of the Clone Wars. An ancient civilisation known as the Kotoan's were a civilisation of mercenaries, merchants and scientist war mongers. They were financially booming due to their unparalleled military might and technologically superior to the majority of known species at this time, some of their dysfunctional materials still being more advanced than current technologies.
Lastly, there seems to be some concern with this. After searching high and low for mention of the 'Kotoan', I simply can't find them; and when you state they seem to be unparalleled military wise and apparently very advanced for the time, it almost seems to imply a 'forerunner' type vibe. Its very important that if something is referenced like this, that it be properly cited, and if it is of your own custom design then to put a bit more thought into how it can fit comfortably into the galaxy at large.

In this instance, it's hard to say there was this out of no where empire in the stars that dwarfed its constituents, but to say there was a bygone planet lost to time who was witness to its own destruction because of the virus might be a bit more interesting for those who utilize this or go into roleplays attempting to study it.

Apologies for the wall of text, but feel free to tag me when you've revised what I asked! If you have any questions, feel free to respond as well.

[member="The Matador"]

[member="The Slave"]
I'll get on this when I get home.
But I'd like to make it clear that not even the smartest person on chaos could control this. It's intention is to flesh out my DPC sub. That is all. Not intended as a superweapon.

EDIT:
Katoans are only referenced in my planet sub.
And don't apologise, you're working hard to help me get this approved. So thanks actually

[member="The Slave"]
I've made some additions and changeds. Let me know if I need to do maor. I was thinking would it make it less OP if there was an organic and killable ​ source of the Hivemind? Mind you, I'd imagine this would require it's own submission. As it'd practically be a massive ugly thing inside the planet.

Sure, I'll run through it again.

The Matador said:
- The Pathogen in all its forms is still of this world and can be fought against using the force or science. - Phase 3 Indicitus has a very short lifespan. - Phase 3 Indicitus are vulnerable to continuous physical trauma or conventional weapons.
So, I have to say that the first three weaknesses simply aren't that. They are conventional things that can be assumed out of most things, besides the short life span (which is negligable since all experiences go to the hive mind). For the strengths this has, there needs to be an overhaul of of the weaknesses and balance this more. That being said, strengths once more, should probably be brought down a bit. Most notably the 'Nigh impossible to stop airborne' form.

The Matador said:
Hundreds of thousands of years previous to the event of the Clone Wars.
One issue here is how far back the civilization itself goes back. This would imply they go back to Rakatan era civilization, in which much of can be considered very restricted if not outright banned. Like I said prior, this is still running the course of a superweapon right now.

As far as the other things, I'll have to get back to you on after referring with some others.

[member="The Matador"]

Made some changes in the weaknesses/strengths and also the age of the civilisation as well.

Additionally, "superweapon" was sort of intentional. But it's also completely neautral and not under anybodies control. There isn't anyway you could really abuse this, unless it's self abuse because heading to Katosh is supposed to be a death sentence.

[member="The Slave"]

I'm going to step in to save everyone some time.

Bottom line, I cannot approve this pathogen through the Codex, especially given your intent of superweapon standards. Superweapons in any form are banned.

In light of this, I will also need to revisit your planet submission. I was under the impression that the pathogen was no longer active / existing. If this is not the case, that will also need to be changed.

I will approve this on one condition - that it is being used as LORE submission only to detail the pathogen from when it was active, but you must state very clearly that it no longer exists. I will also require edits to your planet to match these requirements.

[member="The Matador"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom