Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kathol Liberation Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
labyrinth_ring___stainless_steel_by_peregrinestudios-d64prxn.jpg
Image Source: Here
Intent: To commemorate the Underground's liberation of the Kathol territories, and to mark Mara's first attempts to follow in her aunt's footsteps.
Development Thread: Demonsgate Rebellion - The Underground liberates Demonsgate from remnants and sympathizers of the Black Rose, and captures an old alchemy facility
Manufacturer: Mara Merrill, Stargo Forge Works
Model: Kathol Liberation Ring
Affiliation: The Underground and allies, specifically PCs or named NPCs who participated in the Demonsgate Rebellion on the winning side. Non-exhaustive list: [member="Bryce Bantam"], [member="Alec Rekali"], [member="Draco Vereen"] (and his NPC task force commander), [member="Eliza Steele"], [member="Faith Organa"], [member="Gabriel Lethe"], [member="Ria Misrani"], [member="Runi Verin"], [member="Glavo Pahro"], [member="Karen Roberts"], [member="Kira Vaal"], [member="The Banshee"], [member="Rekha Kaarde"], [member="Ghorua the Shark"], [member="Janev Noska"], [member="Nekromonga"]'s PC, [member="Casandrae Vau"], [member="Vilaz Munin"], [member="Raachwaroo"], [member="Judah Dashiell"], [member="Elijah Rekali"], [member="Katya Shorn"], [member="Bima E. Jahangir"], [member="Jorus Merrill"]
Modularity: No
Production: Limited (PCs or named NPCs who participated in the Demonsgate Rebellion on the winning side)
Material: Bronzium
Description: There are many Force crafting traditions, most of them obscure and specific. Rave Merrill investigated all of them before her death. Working from Rave's legacy -- some of her notes and archival material, and her research facility on Kelsier -- Mara began to explore those variegated traditions. Simultaneously, she acquired and reoriented Stargo Forge Works (SFW), an alchemy production facility on Dathomir. Her acquisition of SFW allowed her to replicate her better experiments in limited numbers. One such was the Kathol Liberation Ring. It stemmed, in part, from the Underground's capture of an abandoned alchemy facility on Demonsgate. In commemoration of the lessons learned and losses sustained while liberating Demonsgate and the Kathol Outback, Mara created a minor but functional memento.

The Kathol Liberation Ring is marked with a labyrinth, a symbolic version of the Kathol Outback's twisting and complex hyperlanes, as well as the chaotic routes of the Kathol Rift around Demonsgate. Primarily, Mara crafted the rings with modified Gesaril techniques.

Gesarils also possessed an affinity for carving wood, and enjoyed making masks and small statues. They were able to use their Force powers to imbue their carvings with their own psychic energy, allowing future owners of their art to actually feel the same emotion the Gesaril who carved the object felt as they worked.
(+) The Kathol Liberation Ring amplifies the owner's courage and determination, proportional to their desire to be courageous and determined. In a limited way, this benefit extends to nearby people (within 1-2 metres).
(-) Courage and determination are not always situationally appropriate or conducive to one's health. Use with caution.
(-) Unlike some common kinds of Force crafting, Gesaril crafting confers no special durability. The bronzium ring is just plain bronzium, and can be damaged or destroyed by conventional weapons, even vibroblades.

A note on stacking. It is possible for multiple rings in very close proximity to combine their powers, potentially creating a larger effect. However, the Kathol Liberation Ring was not designed with such a use in mind, and all stacking effects are subject to diminishing returns (i.e. 1+1+1<3). If someone somehow obtained several of these rings, or combined forces with other owners of a Kathol Liberation Ring, they might perhaps be able to bolster courage and determination within a single average-sized room. This coverage is still a drop in the bucket compared to the ranges of battle meditation or Sith Battlelord effects.

Primary Source: Not influenced by any Chaos submissions. Canon source cited and linked above.

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"], Very nice ring. However, I have some questions for you.

Mara D'Lessio Merrill said:
(+) The Kathol Liberation Ring amplifies the owner's courage and determination, proportional to their desire to be courageous and determined. In a limited way, this benefit extends to nearby people (within 1-2 metres).
How much of this determination would be given to those in the surrounding area? Would it be lessened if they were not the person wearing the ring, and/or would this limitation you say simply just inspire them to fight harder?

As well, Could you stack this effect by wearing multiples of these rings, or having many people in a small area wearing these rings?

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Zephyr Carrick said:
How much of this determination would be given to those in the surrounding area? Would it be lessened if they were not the person wearing the ring,

That's what I mean by 'in a limited way,' yes.

Zephyr Carrick said:
and/or would this limitation you say simply just inspire them to fight harder?
In context, not sure what you mean by this. Run it by me again?

Zephyr Carrick said:
Could you stack this effect by wearing multiples of these rings
I suppose so, but considering it's limited to one per a short list of named people, you'd have to track down a bunch of people and convince them to part with their rings before it became a significant benefit.

Zephyr Carrick said:
or having many people in a small area wearing these rings?
There's only so many people you can fit in a one- or two-metre radius, and there's only something like two dozen of these rings in the first place, half of them held by private contractors who aren't even part of the Underground. So what you're describing is a theoretical possibility with all kinds of Captain Planet-y mental images involved, but in reality, this could pretty much never happen in any serious way. If you like, I could address the above points by adding a line about diminishing returns (e.g. 1+1+1+1+1 is less than 5). Would that work for you?

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"],

That's what I mean by 'in a limited way,' yes.
I am just confirming what you had stated. Thank you.

In context, not sure what you mean by this. Run it by me again?
I was wanting to determine if this gives only the "will to fight" or the "determination" of a person as such a placebo effect, rather than an actual buff within the force. Force powers, such as Force Rage, are influenced by emotions, and I was wanting to get a solid confirmation that this does not grant greater strength within the force.

I suppose so, but considering it's limited to one per a short list of named people, you'd have to track down a bunch of people and convince them to part with their rings before it became a significant benefit.
For the sake of people, and the possibility of wearing multiples, could you add that into the submission for me? I know that some people in the real world, and here on this site wear multiple rings/amulets/jewelry. As such, if someone previously owns one and acquires one through any means, they could potentially "stack" this effect.

There's only so many people you can fit in a one- or two-metre radius, and there's only something like two dozen of these rings in the first place, half of them held by private contractors who aren't even part of the Underground. So what you're describing is a theoretical possibility with all kinds of Captain Planet-y mental images involved, but in reality, this could pretty much never happen in any serious way. If you like, I could address the above points by adding a line about diminishing returns (e.g. 1+1+1+1+1 is less than 5). Would that work for you?
I ask for the purpose of these people who may work again, or if two people decide to work together. Considering that many people RP their characters almost exclusively with one other character, or have an NPC that gains this item, they could stack the effects by multiple people wearing one of these rings.

Thank you for dealing with me, and my questions, even if they did seem inadequate or trival.

Zephyr Carrick said:
I was wanting to determine if this gives only the "will to fight" or the "determination" of a person as such a placebo effect, rather than an actual buff within the force. Force powers, such as Force Rage, are influenced by emotions, and I was wanting to get a solid confirmation that this does not grant greater strength within the force.
It doesn't give greater strength in the Force. I'm not aware of anyone on that list that has powers that would be amplified by feeling more confident.

Zephyr Carrick said:
I ask for the purpose of these people who may work again, or if two people decide to work together. Considering that many people RP their characters almost exclusively with one other character, or have an NPC that gains this item, they could stack the effects by multiple people wearing one of these rings.
If this is a concern, give me a second to add something that should answer it. I'll tag you shortly.

[member="Zephyr Carrick"]

A note on stacking. It is possible for multiple rings in very close proximity to combine their powers, potentially creating a larger effect. However, the Kathol Liberation Ring was not designed with such a use in mind, and all stacking effects are subject to diminishing returns (i.e. 1+1+1<3). If someone somehow obtained several of these rings, or combined forces with other owners of a Kathol Liberation Ring, they might perhaps be able to bolster courage and determination within a single average-sized room. This coverage is still a drop in the bucket compared to the ranges of battle meditation or Sith Battlelord effects.

Will this work for your purposes?

It doesn't give greater strength in the Force. I'm not aware of anyone on that list that has powers that would be amplified by feeling more confident
Thank you for that.

If this is a concern, give me a second to add something that should answer it. I'll tag you shortly.
Will this work for your purposes?
It gave me a little concern, but as you stated, the members above know the limitations of powers, abilities and skills for their character. I see no problem with this with the description you gave. Thank you again.

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom