Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kascalion'mis (Devil Lion's Cure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Devil | Kavar Lok Kas'Oni
KJWW71v.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Kascalion'mis (Devil Lion's Cure)
  • Manufacturer: Kascalion Giedfield
  • Affiliation: The Sith Empire
  • Homeworld (optional): N/A

• Production: Semi-Unique
  • Modularity: No
  • Legal Status: Morally, ethically, and criminally reprehensible in usage and development. Banned by almost every market not directly affiliated with the Sith Empire, and even then it is dubious.
  • Ingredients: Alchemized Fantazi Mushroom, liquefied Banthazolate, liquefied Collafa Spice, Alchemized Muratine, Sith Poison
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Quick-Reaction Alchemized Chemical Weapon
  • Method of Consumption: Inhalation of tracer fumes or physical contact with substance. Due to its highly advanced composition and method of creation, the chemical weapon is designed to only require one moment of consumption to begin its work.
  • Average Life: The average life of the weapon is roughly a few hours, depending on the cellular structure and force of will the victim possesses.
  • Nutritional Value/Allergies/Side Effects/ Purpose: Roughly a few seconds after consumption, the victim will begin suffer violent mood fluctuations and bouts of rage. Graphic delusions of grandeur and/or horror will begin as well within a few minutes alongside the mood fluctuation, causing the victim to perform highly illogical actions that put either themselves or their allies in danger. After the initial onset of symptoms, roughly one hour later, the mood fluctuations and delusions will become increasingly random and even more violent, often causing the victim to begin bleeding profusely from their orifices. Additionally, around this time, the nerves throughout the body will begin to flare up and react as if being stabbed by numbing needles. This feeling will amplify thirty minutes later and, in most cases, merge with the delusions seamlessly, forcing the victim to believe those around them are the ones causing the pain or conjure up a non-existent assailant. The victim will violently lash out at their perceived assailant in an attempt to kill them before suffering seizures and spasms and falling to the ground dead from overexertion of their senses and blood loss.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Tracer Fumes
  • Quick reaction
  • Induces delusions and sensory overload
  • Bursting Vial
  • Dark Side Empowerment
  • Strengths:
    Tracer Fumes: When the vial is charged and thrown, the chemical will be subjected to a slight spark at the base of the vial. The spark is activated by a small device enabled by the twisting of the vial's cap that will slightly ignite the chemical to produce tracer fumes. These fumes will cause the same symptoms as the actual substance as a backup should the substance not make contact with the victim's skin. These fumes are also affected by air flow, meaning that proper usage of said fumes alongside the path of the air can increase its success rate.
  • Quick Reaction: The greatest strength of the chemical weapon is its ability to infect and act relatively quickly within the victim upon physical contact and inhalation of the fumes, causing the symptoms that lead down the inevitable path.
  • Bursting Vial: The vial is designed in such a way so as to explode upon contact in order to maximize the chances of affecting the intended victim. The explosion has been described as something like a thermal grenade going off in an open box with glass shards instead of shrapnel.
  • Dark Side: Partially created with Sith Alchemy, Kheomis's power is connected to and therefore heightened greatly by the Dark Side. If so desired, Kascalion Giedfield, the creator of the weapon, can focus his energy on an individual vial so as to make the effects maximum immediately.
  • No Known Inoculation: Beyond specific Light Side abilities, this weapon has no known inoculations against it, meaning that unless the enemy has access to the aforementioned abilities, they will most definitely be infected and suffer the symptoms in their entirety.

[*]Weaknesses:
  • Tracer Fumes: When activated, the chemical weapon produces brief tracer fumes from the vial. Unless the weapon is thrown approximately two seconds after its activation, the wielder will suffer great risk and inhaling the fumes unless they are wearing protection. Additionally, air flow can directly affect the fumes, meaning that if the wielder were to throw the weapon against the wind, they would most certainly be infected if they are not wearing proper gear.
  • Quick Reaction: The greatest strength is also its greatest weakness, as the reaction occurs with physical contact as well as inhalation. While any intended foe can be affected, so can any ally, including the wielder of the weapon at the time. This can, of course, ruin even the best laid plans for its usage.
  • Bursting Vial: If thrown too close, the weapon can hit the wielder or allies, potentially infecting them and causing a critical situation within the ranks.
  • Limited Production: Due to the ingredients required, the weapon is limited in production at best, making it a fortunate rarity on the field, and unfortunately for those that desire to use it to greater effect.
  • Dark Side: By proxy of its creation and its reprehensible purpose, the weapon is dangerously identifiable to any Force User in the vicinity, especially Jedi who themselves can Purge the infected of the symptoms if they are substantially skilled enough in the ability, such as a Jedi Master.
  • Strange Resistance: Perhaps as a byproduct of its method of creation, there are some people in the Galaxy that have proven to possess a strange, inexplicable resistance to the weapon. This has ranged from lengthier activation time to a near immunity against the weapon. Kascalion has written in his journals that this may be due to some form of genetic mutation within the intended victims, a form of immune system stronger than normal.
  • Armor: The weapon is physically powerless against medium-high grade armor, medium-high grade rebreathers, and environmental suits. While low grade armor and rebreathers offer less complete protection, the weapon will find itself hard pressed to complete its goal.
  • Thrown Item: The weapon is explicitly dependent on the skill of the one throwing the weapon, meaning that if the wielder is unskilled, the attack will backfire horribly.

DESCRIPTION
Determined to make a name for himself following his rise to the Pyramid of Scientific Advancement, Kascalion Giedfield sought to develop the absolute worse for Carnifex and his diabolical plans. Following weeks of frustration and trial failure, and upon witnessing the renewed hostilities with the plague known as the Silver Jedi Order, the Devil Lion successfully crafted his cure, dubbing it Kascalion'mis, the Devil Lion's Cure. While the design and effects show it to be intended more for agents and assassins infiltrating political avenues and such, the weapon is in truth meant for large scale encounters in which it can theoretically wipe out entire squadrons and armies with only a few vials. With its rage and delusion inducing qualities, Kascalion'mis is a highly effective, albeit morally disgusting weapon that Carnifex and the Sith Empire, at least the most vile within such, would be more than happy to use to great levels.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
Kascalion Giedfield said:
Production: Limited.
As this item you expressly stated is affected by Alchemy, Namely the addition of Sith Poison, means it is a restricted material. Limited production will need to be reduced to Semi-unique.

Tracer Fumes: When the vial is charged and thrown, the chemical will be subjected to a slight spark at the base of the vial. The spark is activated by a small device enabled by the twisting of the vial's cap that will slightly ignite the chemical to produce tracer fumes. These fumes will cause the same symptoms as the actual substance as a backup should the substance not make contact with the victim's skin.
Tracer Fumes: When activated, the chemical weapon produces brief tracer fumes from the vial. Unless the weapon is thrown approximately two seconds after its activation, the wielder will suffer great risk and inhaling the fumes unless they are wearing protection.
As there are fumes that can come from this, I highly recommend you add in the weakness of air flow. One would have to take good stock of their situation to make sure they weren't "spitting into the wind," as it were.

Instantaneous Reaction: The greatest strength is also its greatest weakness. While any intended foe can be affected instantly, so can any ally, including the wielder of the weapon at the time. This can, of course, ruin even the best laid plans for its usage.
Instantaneous Reaction: The greatest strength of the chemical weapon is its ability to infect and act instantly within the victim, causing immediate symptoms down the inevitable path.
Is this instant reaction only when in direct contact with the skin, or is this affected with both physical skin contact as well as when inhaled?

Dark Side: By proxy of its creation and its reprehensible purpose, the weapon is dangerously identifiable to any Force User in the vicinity, especially light
Couldn't a Force user who is trained with Force light be able to "Purge" the victim of the poisons? If so, what stages can this be done and be successful?

Armor: The weapon is physically powerless against medium-high grade armor and is rendered obsolete against medium-high grade rebreathers. While low grade armor and rebreathers offer less complete protection, the weapon will find itself hard pressed to complete its goal.
Would things such as an environmental suit that are specifically meant to combat this kind of thing, also be resistant to this?

Speaking of resistances, Are their any "cures" for this, and what are your thoughts about the vial being introduced to another liquid? Would water dilute, or even render its effectiveness inert?

Bursting Vial: If thrown too close, the weapon can hit the wielder or allies, potentially infecting them and causing a critical situation within the ranks.
Bursting Vial: The vial is designed in such a way so as to explode upon contact in order to maximize the chances of affecting the intended victim.
How aggressive is this burst? Is it like a grenade going off with shrapnel that can kill, or is it just like a vase being dropped from a high shelf? Secondly, how far spread do the fumes expand from the point of impact? (Ideal conditions)

I would also like to recommend that you add on the weakness of it being a thrown item. Meaning it relies upon the user being an effective thrower, or is able to toss it effectively to produce the results that you have given.

[member="Kascalion Giedfield"],

[member="Vigil Rostu"] 500 edits later and I believe I have everything fixed! This was my first chemical weapon on this board entirely so I was unsure of how to approach it. Thank you very much for helping me with this.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge

Thank you for all of the edits you have done. Over the time I have been reading this and coming to terms with what this tool is, I would like for some of the wording to be toned down with this submission. I know that this is an extremely potent weapon. However, the wording with "Instant" and its variations of the word for the application of the symptoms as well as the inevitable death, will need to be lessened.

The site has a rule that any writer that does not wish to have their character be killed, does not have to. We try to stick to that here in the factory with softer language so that should this be used against a PC character that does not wish to, quite literally, die from this potion of Death++ you have. So here is what I recommend for you to do.

Add in one more weakness that "For some strange reason" Some people can be resistant to its effects naturally. And to tone down some of the language you have. Such lines provided will need to be looked at.

Instantaneous Reaction: The greatest strength of the chemical weapon is its ability to infect and act instantly within the victim upon physical contact and inhalation of the fumes, causing immediate symptoms down the inevitable path.
Instantaneous Reaction: The greatest strength is also its greatest weakness, as the reaction occurs with physical contact as well as inhalation. While any intended foe can be affected instantly, so can any ally, including the wielder of the weapon at the time. This can, of course, ruin even the best laid plans for its usage.
Now what language I do see that works perfectly fine and could be emulated in the rest of the sub are as follows.

Only a few seconds after consumption, the victim will begin suffer violent mood fluctuations and bouts of rage

Honestly, I wish we could just keep the sub how it is. It looks really well done and thought over. I hate having to ask more edits of you. But this is something that due to the site rules, we must all conform to it. If you have any other questions, concerns or the like over the edits i am asking, please do not hesitate to ask.

[member="Vigil Rostu"] Hey, it's no issue! I never intended for this weapon to be so ungodly pk-y. If anything, I intended it be used way more on npcs and random soldiers, but I understand why it is a cause for worry. I have many more weapons in the works, so one being a bit lowered down is no problem at all!

As such, I have changed the wording and added the weakness! I hope this is all good now.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge

Thank you very much for working with me and providing the edits. I look forward to seeing this and more.

Enjoy your Poison Potion++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom