Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
8VgIKcZ.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an adorable Atrisian companion type creature
  • Image Credit: David Krentz
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Kappa
  • Designation: Semi-Sentient
  • Origins: Atrisia codex Atrisia wookiee
  • Average Lifespan: 100
  • Estimated Population: Planetary
  • Description: A large beast with six legs having talons and an enormous froglike mouth splitting its head from ear to ear, exposing three rows of long, white teeth. Hairless skin that folds over thick muscles and eyes that are largely pointed forward creating blind spots behind it. A small tail that is not very helpful aside from showing when he is happy or agitated. Padded feet for moving silently and nostrils that have thin, pinky fleshy tendrils that surround the nasal slits and extend outwards when it is sniffing the air.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I
  • Average Height of Adults: 2m
  • Average Length of Adults: 3m
  • Skin color: Dark green with splotches of grey and brown.
  • Hair color: N/A
  • Distinctions: Skin and muscle changes between regions. Kappa in the polar regions with the snow are more muscled with thicker fat for the cold while in the desert they might be more lean and fast muscle.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: Rare
Strengths:
  • Olfactory Senses: An incredible sense of smell that allows it to track almost like a Blood trail to its master. A common trait among the species is the ability to track for several kilometers but a very rare one (innate force sensitivity) is being able to track and find from across the planet or entire continents.
    Stomach Acid: They can eat just about anything. their stomachs are coated with a powerful corrosive stomach acid that breaks down most metals and even stone over time.
    Jawsome: Their jaws are massive and powerful mostly... The force of closing them is significantly stronger when closing able to bend or even snap metal.
    Short Limbed: Multi legged and short limbed. The Kappas speed is surprising on land as they can move quickly into sprints for short periods of time to chase down prey.
    Imprinting: When treated well and raised the Kappa can be fiercely loyal to a person seemingly able to understand them like a child. The imprinting can give them a strong will and mind against force techniques like beast friendship that might try and manipulate them.
Weaknesses:
  • Olfactory Senses: While its sense of smell is powerful for tracking it also means that it is hyper sensitive to scents or chemicals. In the rare cases of the ones who can find their masters from across the plant force negating equipment can disorient or confuse them. Their fleshy tendrils can be damaged with sharp scents that might burn like ammonia.
    Jawsome: While its ability to close its jaws is massive the capability to open them is less so. With minimal efforts someone could hold the large jaws closed quite easily.
    Narrow Vision: Small and forward facing eyes, the Kappa's vision is pour in bright light and cannot track fast moving far off things.
    Short Limbed: The Kappa's legs are stubby and while it can move fast it is only for short periods of time. They are much more suited to sprints then marathon style rushes.
    Imprinting: A downside of the Kappa imprinting upon a being is that it can be so loyal it neglects itself. If its master dies it might protect the body past the point of general reason and deteriorate health wise.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Omnivore: They can and will eat just about anything they can get to fit in their mouths. Most dangerous things will be broken down by their powerful stomach acids before it harms them but their daily intake with their size can be pretty high and costly for some families.
  • Communication: Body Language: Their tail plays a large part in communication between them with different vibrations.
  • Technology level: Well Below Galactic Standard
  • Religion/Beliefs: N/A
  • General behavior: Fiercely protective of things... it could be a territory or a person. They usually show a sort of intition about people able to read situations and tension within the body so will react either friendly towards them unless ordered or will be on guard. Their sense of smell lets them know when someone is coming on the wind. With a person who they have imprinted upon the Kappa will be almost unquestionably loyal to them to the point they could end up passing on should their master pass away while protecting the body from being touched or attacked. In Atrisian culture they are viewed as a benefit and welcomed sight as it is considered a high degree of skill to get a loyal Kappa to follow you. Most can use them like small pets that will be in rural homesteads.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Discovered on Atrisian in the dawn age, the Kappa was regarded as a herd animal. Less for meat but it could track and alert early hunters who learned how to domesticate them. Since then they have always been given a place on the world from the most remote rural farmhouse to the royal family. The Kappa is a faithful and staple pet who will protect them. In the centuries since those early years of the world and its people they have changed little becoming slightly smaller in some cases and more used to being domesticated. Throughout the centuries there have been some difference to their population... largely in terms of how they were viewed. One emperor believing if he treated them correctly it would give him strong children so he passed decrees that forbade the hunting, abuse or killing of them. Creating massive kennels that would hold them, feed them and take care of them.

They remained largely unaltered throughout the centuries up until the gulag plague when a massive decrease in their population came. Some got sick but others died defending their masters who got sick. Even more seemed to perish when the netherworld rifts were torn open. They have rebounded quite well with Atrisian reformations as more rural areas and cities were expanded upon and opened up to hold both more people but also have more space. Some even being taken to the lunar projects with construction on Derketo and shonagan. Several have been exported off world to see if the species can adapt to other worlds and possibly help out. Protecting fledgling colonies, going to some of the other worlds in the system or even within the Commonwealth. Traveling with the Kapps around in airships has also been an important thing or making them sweaters and clothing as an area of high fashion.

Last edited:
Junko Ike Junko Ike These are precious and I look forward to seeing them get used! There are just a couple things I'd like to go over with you before I stamp approval on this.

When I looked at this, I found it just a tad weird that the artist's watermark was no longer on the image, so I did some more digging on google, and found David Krentz's artist page on a site similar to Art Station. Please change the image credit to that link instead.

Kappa in the polar regions with the snow are more muscled with thicker fat for the dol
I'm sure this is just a typo, but it did trip me up when I first read it. Did you mean to put "cold" here?

Tag me when you've updated the image credit link, and clarified that small part in the "Distinctions" area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom