Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kandosii Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
gladius.jpg
Kandosii Blades

OOC Info
Image Source: X & Ryse: Son of Rome
Intent: To create a set of Force Imbued Blades for Mandalorians
Development Thread: NA
Kandosii Blade General Info
Manufacturer: Miss Blonde
Model: NA
Affiliation: Mandalorian Crusaders/Clans
Modularity: None
Production: Semi Unique
Material: Force imbued durasteel
Classification: Force imbued sword
Size: One handed
Length: 85cm
Weight: 2.4kg
Special Features:
•Lightsaber resistant
•Reflects blaster fire
Inspire

Strengths & Weaknesses
Strengths:
•Force imbued
•Sharp and deadly
•Inspires courage
Weaknesses:
•Heavy weapons
•Pole arms
•Ysalamir/Voidstone

ryse2pau0g.gif
Kandosii Description
A very simple sword, for a very simple job. The Kandosii is a Mandalorian exclusive sword designed to stab, sever, and slice down any incoming opponent. Paired best with a shield, the weapon will go toe to toe with a lightsaber much like a normal Beskad. However where a Beskad is your standard sword, the Kandosii rises above that normality to deliver extra features not found in your standard blade.

Strengths. The design of the Kandosii are traditionally not made for your flashy and exhausting lightsaber combat, they are sharp, deadly, and to the point. While your opponent attacks you and you're on the defensive you wait until they make an error and come in with the stab, the slash, whatever it takes to cut flesh and bone apart. While the Kandosii can be wielded with grace and various forms of martial arts and sword based combat it's meant to be more direct when killing. This isn't even going over what it's more enhanced features are. As a force imbued blade the Kandosii can reflect incoming blaster bolts and easily stand up to lightsabers. But it's more unique feature is that when you wrap your hands around its handle it gives you a slight feeling of hope, courage, and bravery. That even though things seem dark, you have even the slightest feeling of hope. It of course doesn't remove the presence of full blown raw fear that can be brought on by your natural instincts or other more arcane methods, and while it may help ease these feelings only the tiniest bit, as a Mandalorian we're sure you'll cope.

Weaknesses. Without a shield or some form of defensive item the Kandosii is really just a short sword with a few extra tricks. So weapons like long swords, axes, war hammers, spears, they have far greater reach than the Kandosii so unless you can get up close and break through that reach for a quick stab or slash, there's not a lot it can do besides parry when kept at a distance. You must also be weary of Ysalamir and Voidstone fields, this will strip away the feeling of inspiration and strip that feeling of courage away if of course your mental fortitude isn't strong enough.

Summary. A deadly weapon that has been battlefield tested and proven to kill and maim, it's your standard force imbued sword with just a slight twist to make you feel brave in the face of danger.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Hi [member="Miss Blonde"]! I will be reviewing this submission.

I'm on the fence with this. I feel as though adding lightsaber resistance and an actual Force ability warrants some kind of development as it rises above the norm. I'd be fine passing this with 10 posts of dev.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Id rather just get rid of the force power as a 10 post dev thread for a stub of a force power that just makes you feel braver is kind of superfluous. It doesn't block force fear, insanity, rage, just makes you feel stronger. I'd argue with you that inspire is just there for a cool little "hey that's neat" than an actual thing to counter anything with. Can I lower the power of the inspire and just say it's sort of just a slight feeling of courage that won't counter raw fear than do a 10 post thread? Or just lose it all together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom