Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Kaikichi Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
hLOqcwd.gif
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Advanced Physics: Designed to be a powerful source of power mirroring an Infinite Engine but scaled down to travel sized. With capabilities to generate power, food, water, air, advanced fabrication to a point.
    • Note: Cannot be used for buildings, planets, moons, galaxies. If being used be reasonable
  • Self Repairing: Designed with materia to repair and keep it contained. Over time it will maintain itself long after the people who use it pass away.
STRENGTHS
  • Exotic Matter: The ethereal nature of the metal makes it near weightless despite being and looking dense, with a silver sheen to it that is almost otherworldly.
  • Fabrication: Designed to harness and convert matter much quicker then a molecular furnace and duplicator. Its size is the biggest aadvantage removing the need for large equipment.
  • Travel Size: Using the materia the engineers were able to stunt the capabilities of the engine and higher abilities are lost in exchange for it to be travel sized.
WEAKNESSES
  • Self repairing: While it can repair its own micro stress fractures the capabilities can take days to hours depending on how damaged they become from use.
  • Exotic Particles: Largely unknown and not seen in the galaxy before. It isn't invincible nor is it really strong but it reacts violently near dark and anti-matter which can disrupt and destroy it or even cause it to rupture and disintegrate.
  • Exotic Matter: The exotic matters are explosive when they come into contact with anti or dark matter.
  • Size: Its size allows it to develop and fabricate a number of things but the higher levels of an infinite engine are not able to be used. Creation of entire systems or galaxies is farfetched.
  • Mirrors: Designed with molecular disruption mirrors to compress it. THe mirrors are in a delicate alignment and damaging or disrupting them can lead to explosions or damage.
  • Nullification: THe Infinite engine used the star forge as its base which tied it to the force and the reverse engineered design does much the same feeding off of energy. As such nullification and or voiding the force will disrupt the ability for the spheres to work.
  • Complexity: The project isn't going to be spawning weapons in a fight and depending on the complexity of what it is making the time can alter it. Producing food is easier then producing materials to build which is easier then producing a weapon that has more moving parts and complexity.
DESCRIPTION
Designed two fold... first and foremost based on the journals of the great Revan and his servants and second on the Karra species... with some Kwa, Gree and Rakata thrown in. The studies and reverse engineering capabilities of matter manipulation to make food, water, air and everything that is needed for a civilization was important. The Commonwealth in its continued efforts to push and progress further towards post scarcity sought to make it... and they did and they from a small fragment they were able to make more of them. Smaller in size and functioning as needed with molecular disruption technology to compress and inner workings of it. Junko spearheading the research as her handmaiden Miyoung presented the theory and initial prototype. With a small sliver of the infinite engine being used to power it and small boxes of the devices being able to be sent out to various lords of importance in the Commonwealth or Sasori.

Last edited:
Junko Ike Junko Ike

While I applaud the idea behind this, there are just some major issues that we need to address before I can approve it.

1) The sub isn't completely filled out. While you mention material strengths and weaknesses in the sub you don't actually look at the strengths and weaknesses of the submission itself. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the device itself?

2) The infinite engine is far too powerful. According to the wookie article, "it had far greater potential, with it even being possible to create entire galaxies given time." That is far far to powerful to allow to be used as a submission even a unique one. I'd suggest re-doing the submission to use a molecular furnace instead of the infinite engine.

John Locke John Locke

THank you for the compliment and well if possible I would really like to keep the engine as I have made plenty with molecular furnaces and they can't do the intention of these completely.

As such I added weaknesses and a cap which I can add more to for it if you like. It can't grow which means that the eventual possibility of creating a galaxy with its size and power shouldn't be able to happen. Tampering with that would be dangerous and damage the device.

Junko Ike Junko Ike

A large part of my concern is not with your use of the submission but with other uses and the precedent this will set. You said that creating entire systems or galaxies is far fetched, but how about a moon or a planet? Or what if someone chooses to write that they disable the cap which by your write up is possible if dangerous and then have that much power?

What exactly are you looking for in the infinite engine that you can't get out of a Molecular Furnace?

Please make sure to include the functions of the device in the special features section.

John Locke John Locke

I hope they don't make a moon

maybe a space station

But the intention was one to use the item so the kinks as it were could be worked out. Much like with the nobuna and sub-hyperspace interdiction. A means to look at it and as you say have a precedent even though the factory does not operate upon those.

A molecular furnace can do a lot in terms of breaking things down and with the right secondary pieces fabrication. Easily done, the infinite engine reminds me of the Bomb Queens gauntlets she gets after fighting her clone that allow creating (in this case powerful bombs) from though for fighting heroes.

Altered the special features with a notation about the things it can't do and added fabrication to it

Junko Ike Junko Ike

Even the ability to make a space station out of a tool you can hold in your hand is a little much. The infinite engine is a very cool piece of tech, but also one that is vastly over-powered.

I would still suggest reworking the submission to use a molecular engine and nanobots to break down material and reform it into what you need for survival. When it comes to the infinite engine even the ability to just form buildings is far far too powerful. It would have to be neutered so it can do little more than the basics otherwise the capabilities of the machine are far outside anything that would be reasonable.

Also, please can you include some strengths and weaknesses that actually relate to what the machine does and not just it's construction.

John Locke John Locke

Edited it into strengths and added buildings as a limitation the mirrors, nullification and size are all weaknesses pretaining to it as the engine needed to grow itself to produce higher level things. So it being handheld would limit what it could do. However I do not know where nanomachines would be needed.

but I was really just planning to you know rapidly construct statues of Keanu Reeves on every planet in the galaxy

Junko Ike Junko Ike

Well, we all need more statues of Keanu in our lives.

My major concern with the infinite engines is that it could be used in a PvP setting to instantly spawn weapons, armour etc in a way that would both be manifestly unfair, and against the spirit of star wars.

What I'd like to see the Kaikichi orbs limited in speed of creation due to their smaller size, and in the interests of airplay. You can't just wave a hand and create a feast, or a house, or a plethora of swords. You can however set it to work and depending on the complexity of it's creation it will fabricate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom