Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Kaas City

370d9lz.png

"I.. Appreciate it." Did she though? She wasn't looking for sympathy, not anymore. Alina smirked at his question though. "My connection to the Force is.. Weird, to say the least. I.. Well." She reached out, setting a hand on Donith Keinn Donith Keinn 's shoulder before focusing. It was minor, but the Force. The connection he had, he'd feel it lessen. Suppressed. Cut off. The acolyte smirked a bit as she let out a breath and lowered her hand from him.

"That's all I can do." Alina shrugged before getting comfortable in her own seat. "It's not too impressive, but it's handy."

370d9lz.png
It was weird to see Alina be the flustered one for a change, but Doni had a fairly solid idea why she seemed to be having a hard time with explaining her gifts: the force was weird, typical of any metaphysical anomaly. He was about to say something about not worrying about it, when she placed a hand on his shoulder. It was a simple gesture, but one that nonetheless had him wondering if she was coming onto him? However, the feeling that crept across his body next killed the mood in its tracks. This felt wrong, not painful, but still awful in its own way. The only point of reference that came to mind, was that tingling from poor circulation via a sleeping limb, just worse. "Alina..I" he rambled off, as soon as his mind had cleared somewhat, not really noticing that things had returned to normal just as quickly.

"You..can..block..someone's connection to the force?" The acolyte remarked, still a bit shaken by all this. Alina was right, that was a handy power. In his case, this little demonstration had a two-fold effect; chiefly showing the sheer versatility of the force, but also inadvertently helping him grasp that power a little better at least. He tried to explain it to his acquaintance, as best he could. "That little trick really helped me out. You see, part of my trouble is that I've grown up with the force, without consciously using it. Having it stripped away like that really put things in perspective. I can..see it a little more clearly now, know what I mean?"

The Mirialan tried to explain, hoping his point would come across despite his verbal inelegance. Everything seemed just a bit clearer now that he'd seen 'how the other half lived', and knew what to search for when trying to use his gift. "Uh, I think that's for us..." Doni stated almost awestruck, at the two twi'lek servers heading their way, each toting a large tray teeming with drinks of all shapes and sizes. A few smoked ominously. "I'm not sure I made a good choice ordering stuff at random..."

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

"Block or dampen. It's.. Very difficult. I suppose because of my connection it's easier for me." She wanted to make sure that part was clear at least. She wasn't that skilled, and she certainly didn't want Donith Keinn Donith Keinn to think she was too impressive. Alina wasn't looking to make some kind of follower. Though, watching him explain that she had inadvertently helped him to better understand his own connection to the Force brought a small smile to her face. "Oh? I guess that means you're in my debt now."

What that meant she didn't go into detail about. A laugh echoed as she leaned up and nodded to the drinks. Certainly a dangerous thing, ordering drinks at random. But.. "You should live a little. Training for the Sith is awfully deadly. Spend too much time being afraid and that's just how you'll die." Way more ominous than she wanted it to be, but that was the truth. Being a Sith was deadly. She lifted one of the drinks for herself, a smoking one, flashing him a wide grin.

"To being alive."

370d9lz.png
Doni snorted at the debt comment and gave Alina an incredulous smirk. "Now? No, I've owed you a debt since you didn't push me off that bridge for looking at your funny, and it's only piled up from there. How the night is going, I'll have to spend a few years in indentured servitude to square my tab with you." he replied playfully, lowering his voice a bit as the servers drew close. Seemed like a good idea to maintain apparences, even with folks that seemed determined not to make eye contact. The acolyte's stoic mask stuttered a bit as he got a closer look at a few of the stranger drinks set before them. He swore something was moving in a purple one near the center...

"There is such a thing as healthy concern..." Doni countered without looking at his acquaintance, much too busy searching for the least offense beverage in the selection. In the end, he just decided to pick up a lowball full of notably viscous, green fluid and what seemed to be insectoid bits for garnish. Eh, what the hell; in the end, this might make for a good story no matter how it turned out. The mirialian was still looking a bit apprehensive when he clinked glasses with Alina to second the toast. "To being alive...and staying that way." He smiled wryly for a moment, then put the glass to his lips and took a lengthy sip.

It turned out, the near gelatinous texture was only skin deep, because once the initial slimy film had fallen into his mouth, the rest of it rushed in like the tide. The experience was actually hard to describe, given the multitude of often contradicting flavors going on in his mouth during the whole ride. The initial taste had almost this spicy citrus thing going on, but the whole attitude of the cocktail changed after the alcohol finally kicked in, hitting Doni like a starship through a cantina. "I think...I like it!" he remarked, chuckling to himself a little and lifting the glass to drain the rest.

370d9lz.png

"Careful, you don't want to end up admitting too much of a debt to me. Might end up serving under me before too long." There was a sly smirk as Alina spoke, but she dropped the subject as he did. Appearances, and what not. Last thing either of them needed was the attention of the wrong kind of people. Asides, she was enjoying her time with Donith Keinn Donith Keinn . Perhaps it was because he hadn't truly become a Sith yet, but his company was pretty nice. She downed the drink all at once, obviously having some experience with alcohol.

"Yeah! These aren't that bad at all!" A wide grin spread across her face as she continued to drink by finding another to sip. She hummed in delight, glancing around the VIP area curiously.
"We should dance. Right? Definitely should dance."

370d9lz.png
After that green drink was a surprise hit, Doni was feeling bold trying his luck with whatever drink caught his eyes next. This went with well with a shot of blue stuff that tasted of berries with a hint of ammonia, but a single sip from a orange cocktail that ominously glowed nearly made him puke. He went back for a second sip just to make sure it was utterly undrinkable. "I don't think my species can have...whatever that is." he hissed, a groan quickly turning into pained laughter. Disgusting or not, that swill at least had enough alcohol to make his liver scream in pain, or at least he imagined it howling under the continued torture. Speaking of which, the acolytle picked up a red one next. He'd just used his pinky finger to sample the crust around the glass' rim, and concluded it might have been a mixture of salt and low-grade spice, when Alina piped up with a suggestion.

"Dance...?" Doni replied confusedly, looking glassy eyes as he fingered more of the salt/drug powder into his mouth. "How...did you know I had wanted to dance? Snort And you said your force connection wasn't strong." he added with a huge grin, gesturing with the red drink and accidentally sloshing some of it over his hand in the process. The Mirialan switched the glass to the other hand and took a long sip, wiping the damp hand on his pants while doing so. "Yes, yes, we should dance. I'd love to dance with you!" he sputtered after slamming the empty glass back down, licking at a thin stream of the drink that tried to roll down his chin.

Doni got up with surprising grace for his clear drunkenness, even staying on his feet without having to sway to keep his balance. "Come on, they're playing our song~."

370d9lz.png

It was shot for shot, at first. Alina only let herself take another two of the drinks before she knew she hit that line between black out drunk and tipsy fun. And she certainly had no intention of crossing such a line with a stranger. As fun and cute as Donith Keinn Donith Keinn was, she wasn't that trusting of another Sith. A giddy laugh escaped her as he stood up and started to sway. It seemed he didn't have the same frame of mind. She might have to teach him a lesson or two about being too trusting.

But right now? Dance. She got up to her own feet and snatched his wrist to tug him out to the floor. She wasn't exactly the best dancer, but Alina knew how to go on with the beat. Even more, she had no issue with staying out to dance for hours. Literal hours. She didn't have much in the form of the Force, but her endurance was crazy.

370d9lz.png
Doni was fine standing there on his own, but immediately started to feel a tad queasy when Alina accepted his hand and started tugging him to the dance floor. Still, he did his best to play it off like he was still firing on all cylinders. In the back of his alcohol addled mind, the thought surfaced that with all the fun and cheer so far, he could be getting lucky later. That would be a damn fine way to round out the evening, and Alina was beautiful in a strong, intimidating way.

The thought had the acolyte smiling from ear to ear as he thrashed about, desperately trying to match his dance partner's moves. He wasn't the best dancer even sober, so the jury was out whether he was just embarrassing himself here, not that he particularly cared either. This was fun regardless.

"Y-you sure you've never been to a nightclub before, because you seem right at home on the dance floor." Doni remarked, nodding appreciatively as he looked Alina up and down with a smirk. "We gotta come back here again sometime."

370d9lz.png

She laughed a bit as she watched Donith Keinn Donith Keinn start to thrash about. Alina couldn't help but giggle at his drunken dancing. But she went in with it, happily continuing her own dance as she smiled and laughed. She generally was in a good mood, probably from a mix of the booze in her system and the good company. She flashed a dangerous grin at his compliment. She hadn't been to a club before, but she wouldn't tell him that.

Having some kind of mystery could be fun.

"We should! Definitely come back."

370d9lz.png
Doni chuckled softly when his acquaintance basically agreed to a second date, or at least a fun night out. Romantic hook up potential or otherwise, it was nothing short of amazing to have obstensively made a friend; although, he figured that strong a word would've been discouraged among the Sith, even Alina. No reason to make this kinda-sorta date weird.

The acolyte threw his full effort into keeping up with the grooving blonde, but before long he was already starting to falter. Between the excercise, and the liquor now basically being sweat out, he could go for a break, not even a long one though. Something to snack on would've been nice too; something other than academy food would've been nice

Doni gave it about another half-hour, waiting until the current pulsing dance mix ended, before addressing Alina again. "Ok, you win. I gotta take a breather. Get some water. I think you've actually sweated all the booze out of me, I'm feeling dreadfully sober~."

370d9lz.png

This certainly wasn't a date, at least in Alina's mind. Not that she knew what one was to begin with. She wasn't even tired when Donith Keinn Donith Keinn requested a break, earning a soft giggle from the woman as her dancing halted and she gave a nod. "Ah, right. I forgot. You're still a newbie." She was only teasing of course, even if it was technically true. She'd snatch his hand and drag him back to the table before plopping down with a sigh. This really was a lot of fun. Way more than she expected.

"So, when is this curfew of yours anyway?"

370d9lz.png
Doni feigned outrage at Alina's 'newbie' comment, but he only scowled for a moment before his smile returned in full force. "In my defense, I'm sure they teach endurance dancing under private Sith tutelage, but they don't offer that for the poor academy, trust me." He remarked defiantly, even as he was being led away by the hand yet again, not that he minded. She had nice hands; strong grip, but still somewhat soft.

The acolyte matched his friend's sigh as he sat down at their booth, leaning forward with steepled fingers to peruse which drinks remained on the dias. A blue one with a spray of green caught his eye next, and he picked it up and sloshed the contents around; however, he paused before attempting to knock it back, then set it down where it had been.

Somehow, he figured he'd had enough drinks for the evening.

"Hm? Oh, uh, I'm actually not sure if we have a curfew or not. I was just worried we might, hence why I originally asked you about it." Doni said, flashing Alina a quick smirk whole removing a toothpick from one of the drinks. He bit the pulp he assumed was fruit off the end, then drop it back into its glass.

"I'm not going to worry about it. Did you have any other plans besides the club? I'm yours at least until lessons tomorrow."

370d9lz.png

"Not from my family. Bunch of sickly sorcerers who can barely lift thirty pounds." Alina laughed once more as she leaned back in her seat. She raised a brow as Donith Keinn Donith Keinn went for another drink, but thankfully he knew better and stopped himself from over drinking the night away. A coy grin spread across her face at his question though. "Oh, I've got plenty of plans for my night. Just a matter of if you can keep up or not, newbie." The young Sith got up from the table then, stretching her arms overhead before glancing over her shoulder with a smirk.

"Want to at least try?"

370d9lz.png
If he was being honest, Doni was having a helluva time getting a read on Alina, doubly so with that challenge she just issued. He wasn't sure how to interpret that; innuendo or something else, both theories had their merits. Ultimately, he didn't want to just ask her if that was a clunky pick up line, and particularly look downright foolish for misreading the situation.

"Of course I can keep up, don't let the dancing fool you, I'm the textbook picture of health and endurance!" He fired back, impotently making a point to flex a bicep that was still under two layers of clothes, and far from showing off his muscle definition.

"Ready when you are!"

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

"Mmhmm. You're gonna need all you can get where we're going." The ever playful grin stayed as the Acolyte lead the way out of the club and back to the night streets. It was quieter now. How much time had truly passed since they went in? Didn't matter. It was time for what she wanted next. Alina practically skipped her way to a rather shady side of town to probably the shadiest building she could fine, as if on purpose. It was on purpose, but not for the reason Donith Keinn Donith Keinn might assume.

She said nothing, just grinning over her shoulder now and then. When the door was opened the reality would be quick to settle in. The sound of a brawl, the cheers of a crowd. It was a fight club. "How good are you at a brawl?"

370d9lz.png
There it was again, mixed messages galore! Truly unsure of what Alina really had in mind, Doni just shook his head and laughed while getting to his feet. What else could he really do, go back to the academy? That wasn't even an option yet. Like before, the acolyte fell in step with his fellow Sith as they went back down in the elevator to the ground floor, and finally out into the street. The blonde's clear enthusiasm was quite reassuring as they journey further into the night, at least until the neighborhoods started to get notably worse by the block. Being part of the ruling class or not, this really didn't seem like an area they should be in; least of all on foot, and with presumably only one lightsaber between them.

Alina's smile went from alluring to worrying everytime she looked back to make sure he hadn't run off yet or something.

Doni's concern hit a fever pitch when the blonde brought them to a dilapidated ruin of a building, and searched around for an entrance. Upon finding it, the mirialan was 50/50 on just bolting if it turned out to be a dungeon or victim dumping ground. He flinched when the first thing to escaped from the cracked doorway was a chorus of cheers and screams of pain. "Ok..." the acolyte muttered under his breath, crossing his arms as ALina gestured for him to enter. "Terrible, actually. Haven't thrown a punch since I was a kid, didn't need to after I got my first blaster. You go ahead and have fun."

370d9lz.png

"It's not a matter of having fun. If you haven't been in a brawl since you were a kid, you're gonna want to learn again now." She flashed a confident smirk as she leaned in the doorway, arms crossed over her chest. "Sides, folks don't like Sith as much around these parts. Best you come inside and at least change. Last thing you're gonna want is to get jumped on your way back." Alina seemed to have planned that last part by just how confident the young Acolyte looked. She didn't bother waiting for an answer as she slipped from the door and headed towards the impromptu locker room.

Inside she'd get out of the Sith robes in favor of a simple grey sweatshirt. Something to help hide her identity at least somewhat. It was better than wearing the Sith clothing around here. Whether or not Donith Keinn Donith Keinn came along didn't matter to her. She was planning to get in a couple fights tonight.

370d9lz.png
"Seriously? I mean, under what circumstances am I going to realistically have a chance to use my fists over a blaster, lightsaber or just about any object?" Doni replied incredulously, frowning deeper still when his new acquaintance still tried to get him into the spirit of this bloody detour, while still by the entrance. The annoyance briefly turned to anger, when Alina admitted that this wasn't exactly the nicest area on the planet; and that she'd most likely purposefully brought them here to get tangled up with some local thugs. Is that what passed for entertainment for Sith!? The acolyte grumbled obscenities under his breath as he followed her into the run-down building, constantly looking over his shoulder for threats.

Again, she seemed to know her way around this place a bit too well for his liking, just leading to all sorts of horrid speculations. The acolyte had way more on his mind than some brawl of unknown origin or circumstances, so didn't start changing when Alina slipped out of her robes just out of sight. "This...I..it doesn't make....this makes no sense. Why couldn't you train at the academy?" He stammered, gesturing widely while making his displeasure apparent. "This just doesn't feel right."

370d9lz.png

"You're freaking out too much. Relax. Trust me." Well, not that this was exactly trustworthy. Still, it was quite the thrill for her at least to have dragged Donith Keinn Donith Keinn along to such a place regardless. Maybe she was pretty fitting for a Sith. Or, more likely, she just wanted to have a friend that she could trust. Maybe she could trust him. She'd figure it out pretty quickly one way or another.

"It's.. Complicated. This was the only place I could train for a while. And I like coming back." Alina paused, exhaling a breath before glancing off to the side. "And like I said. They don't like Sith here that much. It's nice to have someone to help keep an eye out."

370d9lz.png
Alina's all too true advice stung a bit, and thus did its job. Doni's shoulders slumped as he let out a long sigh and tried to calm down. Honestly, it was a bit worrying he could get worked up like this over something relatively benign; by Sith standards anyway. It was vexing to say the least, but for the sake of survival, he had to steel himself against buckling when faced with things that didn't exactly fit his world view. Today, it was underground fight clubs; tomorrow, it might just be murdering one of his fellow apprentices for something or another. Hard to tell ahead of time. Either way, he simply kept frowning as Alina continued the conversation, the last sentence of which he couldn't tell if it was genuine or just a way to gain his compliance. Either way, the acolyte turned and started going down the row of lockers in response. It took him a minute to find one that wasn't in use, or filled with unspeakable filth from presumably a former tenant.

"Alright, alright." Doni remarked, throwing a look her way that could tell if it wanted to be annoyed or bored. With his intentions clear, he quickly stripped out of his robes and flight jacket, and withdrew a similar set of exercise gear from within the battered locker. "I'm just gonna follow your lead here." he added, slipping into his new gear without caring if Alina watched or not. The sweatsuit he'd found was a size or two too small for him, but not enough to restrict his movement by too much. The acolyte still quickly ripped the sleeves off though, then crossed his arms to await his new acquaintance to take the lead like she had for most of the evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom