Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Jutrand Jedi Academy: Just Practicing - First Reply

Samatharis

S
rC0Ba2N.png

Jutrand Jedi Academy
Planet Jutrand, CIS Space

Jutrand was a metropolitan planet. Home to much of the sector's capital and trade infrastructure. Located just beyond the Expansion Regions, off the Hydian Way Galactic Trade Route, and just a bit G-Northeast of Eriadu; it saw a good share of galactic visitors. Many of which found the planet to be a very modern comfort. Even if it was located so very very far from the Core.

Samatharis had joined the Jedi Academy recently and was taking the time to introduce herself to the daily life of a Jedi Knight. Since the Academy building itself was an exact replica of the Jedi Temple of Galactic Center, she found many of the structural basics quite familiar. Even the training rooms were exactly where they should be.

Today she was in the Training Center. A large gymnasium made specifically for the Jedi Padawans to practice their Force Powers.

"Hya! Hya!"

Sam shouted as she jumped from floating platform to floating platform. Practicing her Force Jumps. Each with a flip for style and added exercise. Landing swiftly and easily between each jump. Musing to herself with a smile.

Ya know, If this was how normal Jedi practiced? It wasn't half bad.

Salvor King

S
Jutrand Jedi Academy
Planet Jutrand, CIS Space

King very obviously wasn't a Jedi. Regardless, he'd managed to weasel his way into the training center. The Force was just as much of as muscle as any other, wasn't it? Despite his lack of dedication to a code, or formal training, muscles need to be worked from time to time, lest they atrophy. What better place than a training center designed to facilitate just that?

Hands in his pockets, shades firmly secured on his face, King lept far from laboriously from platform to platform. Every leap and subsequent landing was accompanied by an indifferent silence, unlike the labored vocalizations that sounded from elsewhere. Was this really how Jedi practiced? King couldn't help but be a little disappointed.

With another lunge, he landed upon a far platform with a few steps forward to ease his momentum to a halt. That's when he noticed the other. He turned to face the lady Jedi with indifferent regard, practically oblivious to how out of place he looked. His head titled up abruptly in a wordless greeting before slowly sinking back down and turning to look up at the next platform.

Samatharis

S
He wasn't as out of place as he might think.

These days, Jutrand got it's fair share of ex-OPA Judges just passing through. And if you've ever seen an OPA Judge before, you know. They have the fashion sense of a Zelosian disco pirate, a Corellian cowboy, and a Voss mystic. All rolled into one. So when Salvor King gave a nod to her late arrival? She just figured him for another gun-totting Judge of the Outer Planets Alliance and nodded right back. Nothing fancy.

"Hya!"

She jumped again and flipped through the air. Ending her practice routine on the highest platform available. Salvor arrived just after.

"Ha. Woo." She smiled and took a deep breath. Excited to have finished so quickly. "Ya know, we don't have electronic platforms back where I come from. Just obstacle courses and outdoor swimming pools."

She pulled a towel to her hand using the Force. It slapped her palm with a strong impact after traveling all the way from the floor. Then she wrapped it around her neck with a nod to the distance below them. Resting easily with her eyes to the bottom.

"I don't know where these monks get their money. But damn." She turned to Salvor and smiled, "They sure know how to spend it."

She extended a hand in greeting.

"I'm Sam. Nice to meet somebody who can keep up. Heh."

It was clear from her aura, her physique, and from her speed that she was a natural. So it was a genuine compliment to anybody who could vault as high as she could using just the Force alone.

"...You from around here cowboy?"

Her smile was bubbly like candy but her stance and her rough shoulders were forged like cold steel. Her voice was loud and commanding. Unrepentant and bold. She was obviously used to getting noticed and having her way among her peers. She breathed like an athlete, stood like a noble, and her eyes rested upon Salvor like he was just another Jedi among Jedi. Nothing wavering.

Almost royalty. Almost equals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Salvor King

S
King certainly wasn't an OPA judge, although Corellian Cowboy didn't fly too far off the mark as far as ensembles were concerned.

Eyes hidden behind shaded spectacles, King stared towards the Jedi as she spoke. No discernable shift inflected a visual acknowledgment. A deadpan glare accentuated by black shades was instead the only regard given initially. Eventually, a slow and shallow nod would be offered.

"I'm Sam. Nice to meet somebody who can keep up. Heh."

King's eyes glanced down to hand behind tinted lenses. His head remained tilted forward, giving the illusion of looking straight ahead. There was a palpable pause between them. The ego hit was undeniable, did she really not know who he was? Maybe Jedi didn't like sports. After a moment of unresponsiveness that bordered on awkward, King removed a hand from his pockets and obliged.

"King," he introduced flatly, shaking the Jedi's hand. His hand was dry, having failed to break even a minimal sweat. One could probably say he was a natural as well.

"...You from around here cowboy?"

"No, just passing through on business," he clarified with an intonation screaming indifference, feigned or otherwise. His dialect was clearly of the Core, but with a tinge of something more distinct. Kuat? Corellia? It was a drawl, so certainly not Coruscant at the very least.

"Is this really the whole platform course?" He asked as if he was expecting more.

Samatharis

S
He was human.

In this dumb galaxy? by Sam's standard? Yeah. It was enough.

For now.

"Ha. Is this all? Pfft." She smiled widely. Please. Obviously not.

"Oh no. This is just the Padawan course. Sometimes the platforms move. Sometimes they don't. You know. Kiddie stuff."

She scoffed happily and put her hands on her hips. Clearly he wanted a challenge far beyond 'platform jumping'. Mm.

"The real stuffs up in orbit. Zero G courses and all that freaky commando stuff. Pfft. But who needs that right? Not like we're going to war anytime soon, eh."

She smiled devilishly when she said that and her Lightsided aura flinched. But, just for a second. Probably because hunters and killers like Sam all knew. In war or peace. Especially, peace. You always stay sharp.

Razor. Sharp.

"Oh. But if it's hot and sweaty you want?" She puffed her chest out coyly and lifted her chin. Taking one predatory step forward. "...What'd you have in mind then? Cowboy."

She knew Judges. And when it came to getting hot and sweaty. They always wanted just one thing...

...Quietly. The silver lightsaber in her open gym bag nearer the door started to shake with an invisible hand.

...Subtly. A small motion of her wrist.

...Strongly. A devil's grin starting to form on her face.

Yeah. She knew Judges. And when it came to getting hot and sweaty. They always wanted, just, one,

Thing.

...Flush. Her lightsaber flew straight across the room and right into the palm of her outstretched hand with a strong, slap!

"...Or? Are you read my mind too?"

Smiling, she took a Djem So opening stance. Her silver single-hilted saber remained cold and unignited. Her eyes, a warm boiling invitation.

He was human. So of course he wanted more.

She was human. So of course, she was happy to oblige.

| Salvor King

Last edited by a moderator:

Salvor King

S
"Oh. But if it's hot and sweaty you want? ...What'd you have in mind then? Cowboy."

King's brow rose quizzically, his head tilting down to accommodate his gaze for her step forward. The corner of his lip curled upward, his nostrils flaring out in a vague mixture of apprehension and confusion. She certainly was forward for a Jedi. At the very least, it wasn't incomprehensible prattling about some kind of spiritualism.

King felt something approaching. His eyes darted to the side just in time to see the lightsaber hilt careening towards her grasp. Oh, that's what she was getting at. King looked around. Did she really want to fight here? It was a shame he left his
TURBODUSTERS on the ship.

"...Or? Are you reading my mind too?"

She reads minds. Of course. Jedi. King couldn't do that, but that was probably something he should learn. Immediately he thought of something vague but unpleasant. Something to deter such a presence. The idea of someone rummaging around in there wasn't the least pleasant.

King shrugged and slipped his hands into his pockets. He took a half step forward. To call what he did next 'a kick' would be an overstatement. It was more like a tap on the shin. He did it again with the opposite foot, and then again with the other. Was this supposed to be a joke? Or a taunt? The Jedi was the mindreader, she could figure it out.

Samatharis

S
Sam's smile went immediately from devilishly coy to a more, summarily disappointed. She broke formation and stood up straight,

"Um. ...Was that, a no? Huh."

Either she a completely misread the situation, (which was probable,) or this guy was the most non-competitive, non-fight-me Judge Enforcer she'd ever met.

Oh. She also didn't bother to read his mind either. It was impolite amongst Jedi and other Force Users to do so. Especially when they catch you prying in their head and immediately fire back with some crazy telepathic annoying hand gesture of doom or electricity or whatever. No. His thoughts remained. As always. Completely his own.

"I mean..."

She twirled her lightsaber around her finger with a cheeky frown. Tapping her foot impatiently with a theatrical sigh.

"Most guys would at least summon their Lightsaber and their gun, and take an opening stance or something? But... Well. Since you didn't? I guess I'll take that as a solid no to sparring then. Hmph."

She playfully shrugged and returned her sword hilt to her belt. Pretending rather lazily to be offended.

"Fine. Have it your way."

She gestured sheepishly to the descent below them,

"But, I'll be damned if you're not the first OPA Judge to ever turn me down for a fight. Hmph."

Then she smiled and returned her hands to her hips. Casually returning to her more playful mood. Always a little theater. Always one to make a scene.

"So whats your poison then traveler? Obviously it's not sparring. Hehe."

It suddenly occurred to her that perhaps "King" here was something other than a Judge. After all. Why would a Judge bother with the Padawan practice course anyway?

Hmm. She squinted narrowly at such a new revelation. Suddenly finding herself much more curious and also, not surprisingly, her being her, much more not-so-curious too.

Mmm. Maybe it was his impenetrable sunglesses that said, "Not worth my time." Or, in his silently brooding self-centerness that screamed, "Probably not the Jedi type." Hmph. Well. Either way. Samatharis was rapidly beginning to wonder what King was doing practicing here at all?

| Salvor King

Salvor King

S
"Um. ...Was that, a no? Huh."

"No," King replied, tapping his foot against her shin lazily again. It was hard to call it insistence, considering how lazy it looked. The situation hadn't been misread, but clearly his unorthodox approach sent mixed signals. Oh well. He kicked again.

"Most guys would at least summon their Lightsaber and their gun, and take an opening stance or something? But... Well. Since you didn't? I guess I'll take that as a solid no to sparring then. Hmph."

"A lightsaber?" Kick. "What do I look like, a Jedi?" Kick. "I've never held a gun, let alone owned one." Kick. "This is my opening stance." King leaned back, accentuating the fact that his hands were in his pockets. There was a pause. Kick.

"But, I'll be damned if you're not the first OPA Judge to ever turn me down for a fight. Hmph."

The intentionally pitiful kicks stopped. King raised a brow inquisitively. "OPA Judge?" King suddenly became very aware of his fashion choices. "You've got it wrong. No OPA Judge here. You uh- You're not a shockboxing fan, are you?" The ego hit was somehow getting much more harder to ignore. It was very infrequent for King that someone didn't recognize him.

"So whats your poison then traveler? Obviously it's not sparring. Hehe."

"You declined," he corrected flatly. "Some Jedi on Skarpos talked this course up, but clearly, it isn't what he talked it up to be. I could do this in my sleep."

Samatharis

S
Sam grew a stare of utter disbelief. Wait? Shockboxing? Skarpos? Huh?

"Wait? Let me get this straight." She threw her arms up in surrender and just shook her head, Throwing away her white towel. "...You're running the jumping course for Jedi Padawans here in the Jutrand Temple because some other Adepts on Skarpos said it was... Cool?"

Ugh.

Now, Sam didn't believe in blasphemy. The Force was just a energy field and all that. Not some, benevolently sentient all-power. Still? She couldn't help but be surprised at King's gusto. Just walking in here and taking a swing at Jedi exercise bench like he owned the place. Did he just, fall off the visitor's tour or something?

"Haha! Oh, Gods. You did, didn't you." She started belly laughing. "You just... Walked right in here and started practicing. Haha! Gods, that's just. Perfect. Haha!"

She threw her arms up again and then quickly composed herself. Unbelievable! And yet, how perfectly perfect too. She took a great big smile and settled her hands on her hips.

Awesome.

"Anyway. Look. Ha. ...Yeah. Sorry but, we don't get a lot of Force Adepts just walking into the Temple and taking a crack at the Gym. You are, literally, one in a million. Ha. Well done."

She gave him a silly salute and smiled happily.

"Ah. King. King. King. ...Mmm mmm mmm. Wow. And just what am I going to do with you? Hm. What, am I going to do with you."

Sam leaned back and nodded to herself. Comically thinking over her options. Then, Ah! It hit her. She had just the thing.

"Well. Since you're obviously a natural? And nobody in Council Security even bothered to stop you? Well. I'd say, ...Yeah. Welcome! Ha. Yes. Welcome Welcome! Welcome to the Jedi Temple of Jutrand. Glad you found the magical monk's magical jumping course so exhilarating. Ha. The Jedi Archives are just over there, the Council Chambers just up the elevator, the Lightsaber Armory is probably somewhere over there, and the men's showers are..."

She pointed down to a small door nearer the exits,

"Just right down there."

Then she smiled and seemed perfectly satisfied with herself.

"Well. Please enjoy your stay then, I guess. ...Or, ya know. Whatever!"

She laughed and scooped up her discarded towel. Gave a nod towards the showers. Still smiling and kicking herself mentally that she hadn't figured it all out minutes ago. Gods. She must have looked so stupid.

Well. Guess it was time to let King get back to doing? Erm. Whatever it was King was doing here? Ha. I guess she'd just stop bothering him and hit the showers. Sheesh.

This Temple. Go figure.

| Salvor King

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom