Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyperspace
En Route To Ilum

A long journey that was ahead of the duo, Master and apprentice. A cold one at that. The Jedi Master had not been to Ilum in a very long time. He was well aware that it was Iron Empire space, however he would breach that barrier when they came to it. They were not here to harm anyone, but more so to find a piece of themselves. And that was the main point for this journey. The crystal in many points was a part of the Jedi. It spoke in great lengths about themselves, and at times could be seen in their dreams or in visions at times. It was that time for his padawan to take that next step and find what was a part of her, that was missing.

Boots lightly tapped along the floor of the ship as the Jedi Master walked towards the front of the vessel that was on autopilot at the moment. The Jedi had taken a small nap on the vessel as he was awoken by his Astro droid, Gala. Who had a habit at times to be quite...annoying, or perhaps overprotective would be the best word.

One of the primary things to remember about Ilum was that it was very cold, obviously. He would tip his hat, if he had one to the Iron Empire for setting up shop in such a place. While the cold didn't bother Kahne so much, after a few hours among it he would definitely need some warming up.

Kahne would then before reaching the cockpit take the time to brew some stimcaf for [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] and himself. He had hoped that this wasn't a big inconvenience for her. Being pulled away from some massive star ship into a smaller ship being carted away to some frozen wasteland. No matter the ground game, he was sure that she would enjoy being planet side for a little while. Even if it was cold as it was there. Kahne just hoped that she did indeed pack something warm to wear.

While this venture would be fulfilling, it would not be without danger.

pKBahcY.png
Location | Aboard the Legacy, en-route to Ilum
Companions | [member="Kahne Porte"]

Her Master resting while they remained in hyperspace, on course for a world she had only vaguely heard of before, Teynara had to admit that she was slightly unsettled at the thought of their destination. Every planet she had visited thus far (and there were few of those) had been fairly temperate, worlds with pleasant climates suitable for the presence of life. Everything the on-board database had to say about Ilum made her suspect that she wasn't going to enjoy her visit there.

Truth be told, there wasn't much to the database: it seemed like the sort of system that required the user to download information from a more central archive as needed, perfect for the needs of a Jedi heading out on a mission. Cold, icy, the days far longer than those of her native Lianna, though it saw little sunlight from the system's local star. It wasn't a world that had much in the way of local fauna, which she'd found rather disappointing, in truth: an offense to her scientific nature, which had ever found different lifeforms fascinating.

Switching off the system with a soft sigh, the young woman once again questioned the reasons for heading towards this floating icecube in space. Kahne had been unusually taciturn, perhaps hoping to surprise her, so he'd offered little more than the name of their destination, and the instructions to bring warm clothing. Certainly sounds like we're going to need it. She'd heard of Jedi who were able to maintain their body warmth purely through use of the Force, but Teynara had inwardly noted that they had to be idiots: only people who didn't properly dress for their environment would be forced to resort to such a tactic, or so she suspected. Though I may well learn otherwise in short order.

The smell of hot Stimcaf wafted through the cabin, and she turned in the swivel-seat she'd been parked on for an hour or perhaps two, wondering if Kahne had set the small kitchenette to brew a fresh pot of her favoured poison on a timer. Knows how to apologise for dragging me away from the others, she thought wryly, standing up to go and acquire a large cup full. These trips are supposed to have upsides, after all.

"Ah, you're awake at last," she said, noting that Kahne was up and about, responsible for brewing the fresh pot of Caf that had alerted her to the need to move. "That does solve one mystery," the blonde added with an amused tone. "Either the hyperdrive engines were developing a fault, or you were snoring like a Hutt with a respiratory problem," Teynara observed jokingly. "Now I know which it is."

Not that he'd done anything of the sort, of course, but it was always amusing to see if any of her flippant comments might needle him a little. So far she'd not found one that did, but there was always hope. And he deserves a little of that for insisting that we go forth to this frozen hell locked into the navicomputer, and for keeping it all a mystery. She'd find a way to make him pay for that eventually.

"At last...?" Kahne inquired as he turned around with a small smirk, followed by a small smile. "Well, I would've been awake a lot sooner if someone wasn't talking so loud in their sleep....." The Jedi chuckled as he glanced to the two mugs at the side as he began to fill the first one up.

"Well, I don't snore that loud, just when I'm really, really tired." The words had a taste of humor as he handed one of the mugs to [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] and then he began to fill the other one up. "Mumbling things in your sleep, something about me being the greatest Master ever, or something of that sort." The Jedi turned around as he took a small sip from the mug and winked at Tey. While the Jedi Master did indeed have a great inner strength. He never did like to boast to much about his powers or abilities. Kahne preferred to keep things a surprise, not knowing was something valuable to have. Truth be told, this venture was as much for him as it was for her. With the recent events surrounding the darkness that had infected his life again, he wasn't going to leave any stone unturned. More than that he didn't want to leave Tey vulnerable under any circumstances.

"I trust you will forgive my secrecy about why we are coming to this cold world Teynara. However, this is a phase that all Jedi must go through. It may seem troublesome and boring to some, however to others it is something much more than that. It's almost like you find a piece of yourself. Something you didn't know was missing."

The Jedi took a seat at the table before them as he took another drink from the mug. Kahne in truth had wondered why he didn't feel that attuned to his lightsaber crystal as he had before. The light blue colored crystal that he found long ago had been something special to him. And now something was off, something didn't feel the same. And he couldn't help but assume it was for the troubles that now plagued him, more often than not he worried about his those he loved. The Jedi took a deep breath as he looked to Teynara and showed her a small smile.

"So, what's been going on with you lately?" The Jedi inquired, they still had some time left before they would reach Ilum, some small talk couldn't hurt. Would it...?

| [member="Kahne Porte"] |​

Teynara scoffed at the way Kahne characterised things - he had the most absurd sense of humour, but she had to admit that it was endearing, if occasionally a little mean. But maybe that's why I like it: he's not cut-and-dried nice like all the Jedi. There was an edge to him that made him seem a little more normal, a little fire to him that made for an interesting verbal sparring partner. Not that I'd tell him that. His head is quite large enough as it is. But then...he also had his serious moments, as she found out shortly after the exchange of jabs.

It wasn't like him to talk like this, now that she thought about it. Kahne was usually a straight shooter: he would tell her things as they were, rather than sugar-coated in mysticism, the way some of the other Jedi tended to speak. As though there's a perspective on the world that you can't quite see if you don't have the special abilities that they do. Frankly, it was infuriating. She didn't expect him to talk like that, though: this was something a little new, and that worried her more. He wouldn't say something along the lines of missing pieces unless he weren't deadly serious about it.

Taking a seat at the table opposite her teacher, the young woman frowned at him, her concerns openly written on her face in a fashion that she often kept concealed around others, particularly the younger members of the Order. Best that they don't think there's anything to fret over. Damaging to that serenity we're all supposed to work towards. Kahne didn't seem worried, but then she'd yet to find anything which ruffled his feathers and, seriously, she'd looked.

"You don't make it sound like this is the sort of field trip to be excited about," she said archly, raising an eyebrow as if to emphasise her point. It was true: the way Kahne had put that suggested that this was going to be one of those rite-of-passage moments that she'd not come even close to preparing for, and that wasn't a comforting thought at all. Particularly not on an ice-cube-in-space. "When I said you never take me anywhere fun...that wasn't quite what I had in mind, Master," the blonde added.

Admittedly, that was a slight jab on her part, given that she spent most of her time on Deneba, but that wasn't the point. So far, the Jedi hadn't thrown her into the deep end of the pool and expected her to be okay with swimming, but it sounded like Kahne had changed his tune on that - although, admittedly, she didn't know enough of the details to be sure if that was the case. Chances are he could be pulling a fast one - but he didn't sound like he was.

"It does make a change from being on Deneba, though," she had to admit. Ever since the Order had left Yutan, she'd hoped they'd find somewhere suitable to settle down on, but a planet that was practically all desert was hardly her first choice, even if the Enclave itself was comfortable. "Everything there is routine, even if it's all a learning experience. I've barely touched on what being a Jedi is yet, and I do sometimes feel as if I just don't get it." Teynara sighed softly, hoping that Kahne wouldn't take that as criticism of his teaching - in truth, it felt more like a problem originating with her than any fault of his. No wonder they used to take on kids for training, instead of adults.

"I do worry that I'm too academic to take in all the spiritual stuff. I'm a scientist, so it's hard to rationalise a world beyond what I can see and observe." She smiled faintly at that. "Even though I've seen you guys do things I know to be impossible." That was the truly confusing part: she'd seen children half her age move an object across the room without touching it with their hands, and Master Arenais had even changed the temperature in one of the training rooms without environmental controls. "Did you ever have that problem?"

Kahne took a drink from the mug and he set it down lightly on the table before he leaned back in the seat, placing his hands behind his head then taking a deep breath. "Well it is, and it isn't." The Jedi said while he looked towards Teynara and just stared her in the eyes for a few moments. "This is part of being a Jedi. I could tell you what we are going into, but half of it I really don't know. The mission's we will go on for the Jedi Order and such we will only know a small detail to these events. From there we have to investigate, gather all the facts, and then when the time is right decide for ourselves what really happened and why its happening." The Jedi showed her a small smile as he didn't like beating around the bush like this, but this was something that she needed to discover on her own.

Kahne couldn't help but show the smallest glimmer of regret in his mind and heart when she mentioned that she hadn't touched on what being a Jedi was yet. Simply put because that part fell on the Jedi Master. And while Kahne had been extremely busy here and there, it was his duty to ensure that she was trained in the ways of the Jedi and she deserved that.

"You will learn soon enough what it means to be a Jedi, patience is needed. I know that's not what you want to hear, but sometimes it takes just that. And I'll be there every step of the way as often as I can be. And the fun trips happen after the hard work." Kahne nodded his head towards her and he reached for his mug again and he took another drink.

The Jedi chuckled slightly as he shook his head slightly. While he was listening attentively to what she had to say some of it did give him a small laugh. It was funny to hear because he had some friends that thought as she did at a time. However after being around him and seeing the things that they did and the things that Kahne did their ideals changed somewhat.

"No, I never did truthfully." Kahne said as he reached out and patted her arm lightly. "I think you are just being too hard on yourself. Before I came along did you have any training with the force at all?" Kahne inquired as he crossed his arms and awaited an answer.

[member="Teynara Jeralyr"]

Patience, patience... If she had a deci-cred for every time someone had told her about that, Teynara knew she'd be rather a rich woman by this point. It was a little exasperating, truth be told, but maybe the fact that she thought of it that way was the thing keeping her back. Not always easy to exercise patience when you're eager to move forward, she thought. But that was the problem, wasn't it? She wasn't moving forward - and if her impatience was holding her back, it would end up as a vicious circle. Just my luck, really, she thought with a soft sigh escaping her.

She took another sip of her stimcaf as she pondered Kahne's question, using it as a moment to gather her thoughts and calmed herself. Whatever the Jedi said of meditation and the careful exercise of one's emotions, she knew that Stimcaf was the one thing she could truly rely on to make her feel better. Say what you want of attachment, but sometimes old addictions work better than any relaxing platitude. Kahne hadn't protested it so far, and doubtless he didn't intend to, but Tey wasn't going to raise that point unless he intended to. Best never to tempt the beast, she thought wryly.

"Truthfully, no," she answered, responding to his question. "I guess I arrived just while everything was up in the air, and preparations were in full swing to depart from Yutan." The blonde woman offered the slightest of shrugs, as if to say it didn't matter. She'd been able to make herself useful from the outset, and that was the important part, to her mind: even if she wasn't a Jedi, she could still enable those who were to do their jobs well. "Part of me didn't really believe in the whole idea of the Force, until I saw what you could all do with it. Hard to be sceptical when someone hands you a dinner plate without touching it," she added with a grin.

It still struck her as strange, to know she was part of a Galaxy she couldn't relate to anymore. When everything was rational, easily explained through scientific inquiry, or at least such that it was possible that someone might explain it all one day...that made sense. When you've got a life that has very specific boundaries and structures attached to it, everything feels so much clearer. The Jedi...they viewed everything through a very different sets of lenses, perceiving the world in a fashion that Teynara was only just starting to learn about. Even now, I'm talking to a man who can read me more like a book than I can him, even when analysing his body language. Part of her found that disturbing, but it made her all the more keen to learn what her Master had to teach her.

"You're a Jedi, Kahne," Teynara noted, stating the obvious. "I'm a scientist: I believe in data, statistics, things that can be observed, tested, hypothesised. The Force doesn't have the sort of rules and boundaries I'm used to," she added softly, offering a soft sigh to accompany her words, indicative of the conflict that she knew she was having to fight to really learn something. "Sometimes it feels like all you need is a strong imagination, because you all seem to be able to the shape the Force in so many different ways, and I'm beginning to question whether that's beyond me."

The Jedi Master listened as well as his ears allowed him too. He understood that things at the start seemed to be at such rush, which is what they were exactly. Kahne had arrived at the back end of their depart from the planet and the transition to the Legacy happened quickly. Just a few short weeks and they were uprooted which didn't have a cause for concern on his part, however it did concern him slightly with his padawan whom he had just met at the time. She was doing a good job adjusting as well as she could or so he felt.

Kahne chuckled lightly after her sentence in reference to the plate and noting her smile at which he just simply nodded. He could understand her doubts, they were the doubts of all those individuals whom didn't believe in the Jedi, or those that didn't understand how they were able to do the things they could do. Just like the individual he had spoken too before he met [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] . We're all here to do...what we're all here to do. Everyone had their place in the galaxy, Kahne had his, and so did Teynara. She may not have felt that it was here, but the Jedi Master did as well as others.

"Don't question it, Teynara. Don't think too much about it. Its something you have to feel. It's past statistics and the impossible. It's something that when you feel it, you will believe in it." The Jedi Master nodded his head and cleared his throat as he stood up.

"Come on, follow me. I want to show you something." The Jedi said easily enough as he walked towards his room, as he planned to show her something.

All very well and good you saying that, but it doesn't mean it's straightforward, Teynara thought reflectively. Asking her not to think something through, or give it too much thought...that was akin to asking her to stop breathing in order to live. And yet...he's not the first person that's said I overthink everything. It had been a problem since she'd been a kid: curiousity was great, and the desire to pursue an understanding had always been a thing of benefit to her. But now...feel, don't think. That's a tough one. She could, but it had to be said, Teynara had never entirely trusted her feelings the way that Kahne was encouraging her to: she'd always felt that emotions should be a guide, a source of input rather than a driving force. How do you reverse that kind of thinking?

Come on, I want to show you something... The last time she'd heard that from a guy, well, it hadn't ended pleasantly, and both of them had felt more than a little awkward over it. That's what you get when you're a teenager, though, she thought in exasperation. And, let's be honest, Kahne wasn't helping himself with the "It's something that, when you feel it, you believe in it" part - that was just pouring fuel onto the fire. But he's a Jedi Master, and we do not have that kind of relationship! She was honestly thankful there - that would have just added complications on top of everything else.

Still, he undoubtedly had some insights into helping her through her 'issues', so maybe what he had in mind would push her forward a little. This trip was obviously designed to do just that, if she had understood his words: but it wasn't simply about her. We're in this together, aren't we? He may be my teacher, but I'm his student, so anything I do will impact upon him in some way. This journey wasn't simply for her own advancement - in some way, it was about his, too. And so we have to ask: where to?

"You make that sound really simple, when you put it like that," Teynara sighed softly, pausing a moment to take another long draw of her Stimcaf, feeling the bitter flavour seep through her, invigorating her in a way she knew was probably not healthy, but also not caring about that part. "But if it were really that easy, everyone would be a Jedi," she added with a faint touch of sardonic humour in her words, even though she knew that wasn't true. You have to be sensitive to the Force first, whatever that means.

Placing her finished cup down on the kitchenette counter, the young woman followed her teacher with a rustle of her long skirts, her boots softly tapping against the metallic deckplates beneath their feet, going to a room that Kahne had only recently occupied in slumber. Hope he made the bed and tidied up a bit first, she thought in amusement, though likely not. The Jedi Master tended to be fairly self-contained within himself, but some of his habits made Tey imagine that he needed a cleaning droid, or a wife. But maybe it's his way of reminding himself that he's still mortal, and fallible. It'd be hard to cope otherwise, she suspected.

"What do you have to show me, Master?", she asked, the use of the title betraying the fact that she was slightly nervous at the thought of it - they tended to keep their relationship more casual, but occasionally that one slipped out. "I'm curious now."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom