Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justiciary of Ri'ess robes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Painting_Guardian_Concept_Art.png

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131219120660/darksouls/images/9/96/Painting_Guardian_Concept_Art.png

Intent: To create armor for the Justiciary of Ri'ess, and the Royal Guards of the Mnenchei Dominion

Development Thread: N/A

Manufacturer: Kairos Inc

Model: Justiciary of Ri'ess robes

Affiliation: Mnenchei Dominion

Modularity: No

Production: Minor

Material: synthsilk, Hadrium, Duranium, Shell Spider Silk, Durasteel

Description:

The robes are made from a Syncronization of Synthsilk, and Shell spider silk which enables it to block vibroblade strikes as well as shots from blaster pistols. The Synthsilk is used for cosmetic purposes which gives the armor a more Devine look. Beneath the robes a suit made of the same material as the robe will cover the users body giving them the same protection. While between the robes and the lining suit there will be armor plates made of Duranium with a Hadrium coating. This combination of materials form plates that can take glancing blows from lightsabers as well as blaster bolts. Usually there would still be heat transfer if being hit by blaster bolts or a lightsaber the Hadrium effectively disperses it. The plates are placed on the chest, front of the legs, and arms. Boots made of the same material as the armor plates come with the armor as well, but have a pointed end for use as a makeshift weapon if needed. Finally a thin mask made of Durasteel covers the wearers eyes and wraps completely around their head. The mask has a variety of tasks that it can accomplish ranging from night vision to IFF tracking.

Strengths:
1. Slight lightsaber resistance
2. Heat dispersion
3. Lightweight and allows wears to be flexible

Weaknesses:
1. The kinetic from attacks still flows through armor.
2. Lower stomach, and back are vulnerable to attacks.
3. After taking to many hits the armor begins to crumble.

Classification: Multipurpose

Weight: 12kg

Quality: 6

Other Feature(s): Mask incluides internal HUD with Nightvision, IFF tracking, video recording, distance meter and comlink.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
I'm a bit confused here. You can take hits from vibroblades, blaster bolts and glancing lightsaber strikes but it's only quality 4? You say it's light and yet it's 20 kilograms? Furthermore, shimmersilk is a rare commodity used in canon primarily by politicians and other members of the high upper-class. It'd be far to expensive to produce armor with. With the combination of hadrium, shell spider silk and duranium there's a lot going on here, and I'm not comfortable allowing it any more than unique production, and it'll need a dev thread.

@[member="Javir Strilla"]

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

The 20 kg was a mistake on my part due to sleepiness. I meant to type 12 as the weight. The reason its such a low quality is because of the weight unless I read the template wrong? Shell spider silk is incredibly light and it alone can block vibroblades, and blasterbolts. Duranium is also a light alloy. Finally I know how expensive the silk was but since the armor was made for very few people, I can change it though.

So what are the rules for a development thread?

Jaxton Ravos

Quality refers to how durable the armor is, how much protection it gives. For example a quality of 10 would be armor made out of Beskar or a very, very good Sith Alchemy while storm trooper armor might be a 6 or a 7. It isn't necessarily tied to weight, for example Songsteel is a materiel that's lightsaber resistant but also a lot lighter than say, durasteel. As for production Minor implies something that isn't standard but still something you can afford to make a few of. For example a clone trooper will have a mass-produced standard armor, but a clone commando might have a minor produced but more advanced armor. Unique is generally something you can count to. Generally it's only one or two, but it could mean four or five or so if you specified it as such and it wasn't too bad in expense/power.

As for a development thread a development thread is a thread that tells a story of how something in the factory came to be that requires at least two writers and ten posts, though we generally want more like 15-20 posts. A development for a sword could be a blacksmith physically making sword, or it could be a man gathering the materials the sword is made out of, or it could be a bounty hunter taking down a good bounty and getting the paycheck required to buy a sword, or it could be a bounty hunter losing a bounty and realizing he can't shoot so he needs to get something more up close and personal. Honestly it can be anything, provided it gives an explanation in some shape or form of why/how something came to be.

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Oh, that's all on me then sir. I thought it was relative to weight. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I shall fix it, and if still necessary do a development thread.

Jaxton Ravos

I'd still like you to do the dev thread, and drop the shimmersilk or the production level. Just a personal recommendation, but as this looks to be a sort of elite Mnechei armor why don't you get a faction thread going as your dev thread? Kill two birds with one stone. In any case, it's your decision. @me when you've got the dev thread done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom