Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justice Never Pays

James grinned, the glob of food in his cheek forming a round pucker, "I be taking that as a complement."

Finished with his food he turned to the box and began examining its contents. He let out a low whistle, "Someone's got all the toys. Dioptic processors, magnetic amplifiers, a few switch-over synthesizers," he waved, "and some of this I dun't even know," he gave a grin of approval, "Good job, hella sexy."

He grabbed a few of the tools and removed his bracelets. Part of him cried out in protest as he opened the side panel and began exposing some of the wires. He had made these by hand to do things that--well nothing else would. A datapad, comm unit, remote to his ships, link to Reed, link to everything, it was like cutting his hand off.

He started talking to distract himself as he worked methodically, "Ye dun't need to be afraid miss, I dated Sith before," one of the wires gave his finger a shock, he recoiled and shook it, before turning to his next part of the project, "Twice actually. And a Dark Jedi. All them saber-jockeys, its strange," he chuckled, shaking his head. Perhaps opposites attracted each other? "I saw one of me best friends fall to the darkside, took half me fleet and started bombing cities--" he pursed his lips and sighed, "I put 'er down. Another, closer friend, fell to the darkside and--" he stood part of the device up and looked it over, "I went to kill 'er, but I couldn't. She had a voice in her," he pointed to his forehead, "Up there, see? Something weird like. I helped her find her way back too," he sighed and looked his handwork over. It wasn't pretty but it would do the job.

He turned his attention to Anara, "I guess what I be saying miss is that I ain't no school boy. I seen the dark side of the galaxy, I looked it in the eye and I dun't care. I have accepted that the world ain't black and white a long time ago and sometimes people do bad things meanin' good," he shrugged, "Anyway, go pack what ye need. When I start this, there ain't no turnin' back."

[member="Anara Valnor"]

"Only one?" A puff of laughter escaped her as she stood, intending to go get dressed for their big exit. "I wish I only had the one..." she murmured with a shake of her head. Sighing Anara undid her robe and headed back to her bedroom, closing the door behind her as she stripped out of her night clothes.

As she dressed she pulled a bag from her closet along with the box of random items she couldn't recall ever having collected. Packing the contents of the box (which amounted to mostly old pictures and one old necklace with an onyx pendant) Anara was quick to put as many clothes as she could into the bag. All in all the bag managed to hold nearly all of her attire, but then the petite woman didn't own much. Grabbing up her guitar and hooking her saber to her hip she exited her room.

Dressed in dark jeans, a simple grey shirt with a black leather jacket over, and heavy boots with a small heel Anara looked more than ready to leave the backwater planet behind. "Alright...I'm ready when you...oh!" Laughing she dumped her things into the chair she'd just vacated and disappeared again, but returned moments later with his washed clothes. "Might want these?" She offered them up before motioning for him to do whatever it was he needed to in order to get his ship on the move.

James lit up a cigarette and began smoking as he waited for her. He wasn't sure if he was ready to get off this rock or wanting this moment to last forever. He never had this with anyone else before. Not like this, not a serenity or the moments to have breakfast and sit and talk. No, not even his very short marriage had been able to support this. It had been very different.

He smiled impishly as she offered his clothing, "Try not to enjoy watching me get dressed too much, eh sexy?"

He undid his gunbelt and tossed it on the table before taking his nightwear off and tossing them across the floor. Its not like they were coming back. His body was pocked with scars in a few places; burns, blast marks, cuts, and lacerations. He had been through the ringer once or twice. His whole left arm was riddled with strange evisceral scars from wrist to shoulder that didn't match most any form of damage dealt in the civilized worlds.

Donning his clothing, James strapped his belt on once more and reached into his Jacket pocket pulling out a contact lens case. It took him a few seconds to put them both in.

"HUD contacts," he explained, 'A gift from a weapons maker to me. Means I can see me ship's HUD and scanners right here."

He exhaled and blinked twice before setting himself up at the makeshift controls, "Alright, lets do this...."

***​
The Lost Angel revved to live without warning. Its strong ion engines gave a thick afterburn that incinerated the goon who was unfortunate enough to be walking behind it at the time. The weapons on their swivel-socket mounts hummed to live. The forward blaster tore through the buldings, the left ion cannon shredded a pair of ships flanking it on the landing pad, the right electromagnetic plasma cannon shattered three buildings in a heavy roar.

In a moment the ship was up and in the air, its weapons raining hell on the base bellow. People scurried for their lives to no avail, all dying in a ball of fire as the assault was mercilious. Then, in an instant, it streaked across the sky in a brilliant flair of power. The afterburn behind it was brilliantly gorgeous as the Angel followed James' command. Unfortnately, a few air speeders began to take their chances following, finding safety in its blind spots.....

***​
James gave a satisfied grin as the ship touched down minutes later in the yard. He looked back and gave Anara a confident smile, "Impressed?"

[member="Anara Valnor"]

Rolling her eyes Anara turned to give him some privacy, but in the end she managed to turn around to soon. His body was as scarred as her own, but he likely knew every story behind his while she did not. Unableto look away her amber orbs traced every scar she could see, her curiosity concerning James climbing higher.

~ ~ ~

Eyeing his ship and then him, Anara could only smirk lightly at the man. He was definitely showing off. "Maybe...but now it's my turn." Tossing her bag and guitar to him, Anara stepped around his ship just as the company he'd brought along burst through the treeline. She smiled, her expression darkening as she heeded the hissing voices in her mind; they wanted blood.

Allowing the group to approach Anara waited, a hand on her hip by her saber. For a moment she wondered if they meant to attack at all and was beginning to worry she'd not get to have some fun after all. A moment later her worries were chased away as the thugs opened fire. Her pink blade sprang to life, deflecting blaster bolts with ease. Still smiling she walked toward their attackers, one of the speeders bearing down on her. Anara didn't flinch as it grew steadily closer, instead she picked up her own pace until she was sure to collide with the vehicle.

At the last moment she launched herself into the air and landed amidst the thugs. Her eyes turned to obsidian as her lips began to move, words only the group aboard the speeder could hear driving them to madness. Terrified they turned on their comrades and Anara jumped from the vehicle, her back turned as the problem sorted itself out. Smirking her eyes slowly returned to normal as she approached James and no sooner did she reach him and her own ship burst from the barn. Wood showered the area as her old ship rocketed up into the sky, it's autopilot taking her some place safe.

[member="James Justice"]

James caught the gear she tossed to him and watched as she did her handiwork. Had to admit, didn't see that every day. Well--unless you hung out with Saber-jokeying Jedi and Sith Sorcerers like James did, but still-- it was pretty impressive. He had seen a lot of strange things but that was still going to take it up there with them.

His free arms scooped his gizmo up and he sauntered to her, "Nice work, sexy."

He contemplated giving her a peck on the cheek--but thought better of it. He could kiss her later if she behaved herself. He watched her ship go flying high into the air and nodded approvingly. There was nothing worse than seeing a ship, a good ship go to waste. James gave a gesture with his hand and the loading ramp opened.

"Miss, this be me home, the Lost Angel," he said as he lead her into the small but comfortable living quarters on board. "Please make yeself at home."

He tossed her goods on his bed. The place had everything the spacer could need for happiness; an oversized fully stocked wet bar, the finest king-size bed that money could buy, a kitchenette of exemplary quality and economy, a seating area featuring a red-leather sofa, a luxury-grade holoprojector, a refresher, and a series of holobooks covering business, engineering manuals, languages, and philosophy. The man kept busy, but the place was a slightly bit messy. Clothes were scattered here and there, several bottles of half or mostly empty alcohol were where they had been set last. Several of the holobooks were scattered where they had been set last, and the pic of him and his two young teenager girls was lobbed on the bed. One was ginger-headed thirteen year old, the other was a brunette of sixteen or so. For all his qualties, cleanliness was clearly not one.

James made his way into the cockpit, grabbing a bottle of ale on the way before sitting down with a satisfied sigh. He ran his hand across the dashboard, "Did they hurt ye, baby? Hmmm, did ye miss me? That's a good girl."

He gripped the yoke with one hand and his bottle with the other, quickly charting a course to atmosphere, space, then hyperspace. He looked at his stocks. They were good, climbing. Very good. He gave a satisfied nod and began checking out his shipment catalogs, going over his entire fleet to ensure they were running on time. A CEO had to mind business, even when he hated to.

[member="Anara Valnor"]

"You know...my name's Anara," she teased softly, her eyes roving his home with interest. She didn't expect him to deposit her things in what looked like his room, nor did she expect the picture of him with what she assumed were his daughters. The girls were beautiful, but the red head in particular reminded Anara of...someone, someone that had once been important to her.

Frowning slightly she gazed at the picture a bit longer than appropriate before shaking herself from her thoughts. Moving from James' room she found him in the cockpit and for a moment she watched him, studying him. He was a curious man.

"So," she murmured, leaning upon the door way with her arms folded beneath her chest, "we're bunk buddies again? At least this time I don't have to fight you for the blanket," she teased.

[member="James Justice"]

James took a swig of his ale, probably more than was healthy as he pivoted his chair to look at her. Well, he hadn't exactly thought of that, there was the problem. He gave a slightly sheepish grin.

"I only got one bed, never really needed another," he confessed. "If it makes ye uncomfortable I can take the couch." His smile turned from sheepish to sly, "Ye know, ye are the only female to step aboard this ship that I ain't--" he let that sentence's ending remain to the imagination. He was sure she could guess what he meant. "Maybe I should give ye a plaque or soemthin' to commemorate the accomplishment."

It was time to get to seriousness and brass-tacks. He took a puff from his cigarette and waved to the co-pilot's chair for her to sit, "I be taking ye to Soceras, to the city of Dal'Bor. To be honest with ye, I am a bit of a crime lord, and its my playpen. The capital be a nightclub of mine, the Angel's den," he shrugged, "Yes I have a thing for angels. Probably why I am helping ye," he said with a wink. "Me family ship were named the Drunken Angel. Anyway, I can get ye help there."

The Mirth left his hazel eyes as he locked on her's. "I will help ye, Anara. I will get the best that money can buy to help ye. And I won't cast ye aside in the process. Promise."

[member="Anara Valnor"]

Taking a seat Anara was slow to meet James' gaze as she considered his offer. A slight smile curled her lips at his comment concerning the fact that he'd yet to manage to conquer her; it was adorable. Mind made up she met James' gaze, a soft smile on her lips. "Sharing is fine so long as you behave," she warned, giving him a pointed look since he had to bring up the fact that she hadn't fallen for any of his charms.

Relaxing in the copilots seat Anara swiveled back and forth a bit, somewhat distracted, but as he told her more about his life James captured her full attention again. "The Angel's Den?...I've been there," she admitted, surprised to learn that he owned it. "I actually sang there..." she added softly, remembering that she'd been less than kind to the patrons of the bar. However, there was nothing she could do about it now and if anyone had later died by her doing well...that's just how it was.

Shifting in the chair to pull her legs beneath her, Anara regarded James with a curious look, her brow creased in thought. "I don't get you..." she admitted, a sheepish smile curling her lips. Rising suddenly she leaned forward and pressed a light kiss to his cheek before exiting the cockpit, intending to go fix herself a drink before doing a little exploring.

[member="James Justice"]

For some reason that little kiss meant more than the passions of most women he had consumed. Before he had been mildly amused or pleased by arresting intimacy from the, or if nothing else, satisfied fleetingly. But that was--different. Perhaps because she was so tough to handle--or well he didn't know. It felt--it felt---

Like Leighlah's kisses.

Something in him stirred that James didn't like. It was a mix of pain, pleasure, and guilt that he didn't like at all. He felt torn. Part of him wanted another kiss, another felt guilty for the way it made him feel. And then another hurt like hell at the memory of his wife. She had been nothing like this, it made no sense. He pinched the bridge of his nose, for Force sake why did she have to be so compelling?

And suddenly he wanted nothing to do with her. It was like his system was puking her out. She was going to take his heart, he could feel it. He wanted it and he didn't want it at the same way. Since when did he care this much about anyone--even himself? Sure he wanted to have her succeed, he wanted everyone to. But this one was so, so different. He couldn't explain what he felt, and that made him want his alcohol. Something told him all the alcohol in the worlds wouldn't keep him from feeling this.

He buried himself in his work for a few -- eh he didn't know or care how long. But even the paperwork he had been putting off for days and weeks wasn't enough to push her and what he was feeling out of his mind.

"Damn it, you will not fall for her," he muttered to himself looking at spreadsheets. "Not this time, no more hurt. No more broken hearts."

[member="Anara Valnor"]

The shift in James was heard long before Anara even realized what she was hearing. His Song shifted, growing heavier and darker, and Anara paused in fixing her drink to glance back to the cockpit. He seemed to be deep in his work and so she let him be, but still her brow creased in thought as she studied him. He was upset, that much was clear, but for the moment she decided to let him be.

Turning away from the suddenly brooding man Anara finished making her drink before moving back to his bedroom.

~ ~ ~

Entertaining herself with a bit of reading for several hours it wasn't long before Anara felt the call of sleep tugging at her mind. Had James been in a better mood she would have at least let him know she was going to sleep, but his Song had shifted little. He was still brooding and while she wanted to pull him from whatever dark thoughts were eating at him...Anara didn't trust herself to do so. No matter what James said she was certain she wasn't as good a person as he seemed to think.

Slipping into his large bed dressed in a dark camisole and shorts Anara attempted to sleep, but when she did finally drift to sleep it was far from restful. She tossed and turned, a cold sweat breaking out across her pale skin.

[member="James Justice"]

"Feth," James bit out angrily. His shipments on the Hydan way were running late. He slammed his fist against the dashboard, biting into the cigarette between his lips.

But the one thousand credits he was going to loose wasn't what was really bothering him. James knew it too and that made him even more conflicted. He ran his fingers through his hair as he tried again to block Anara from his head and--his heart.

He needed sleep. It had been--dag sixteen hours in hyperspace. Sixteen hours of paperwork. He pushed up and tossed the now empty bottle in the waste on his way to the bedroom. What he wouldn't give right now to somehow forget what Anara was doing to him. The spacer looked in the room and all of it was dashed from his mind.

Damn she was having another nightmare. Sweating, tossing and turning. Part of James wanted to run the other wanted to wake her up and tell her it was just a dream.

He opted for the third option; curl up next to her. He told himself it was because he was too tired to deal with whatever was happening. Inside he knew it was only because he wanted to feel her in his arms again for his comfort.

He wrapped his arms delicately around her as he laid down gingerly, careful to not wake her. His hand softly brushed her arm as he came close to her ear to wisper, "It's alright, sweetheart. I'm here."

He engulfed her with his desire to calm her and for her to be better, using his pheramones as well as his latent force abilities. Keeping her body close he curled comfortable with her.

He wouldn't fall for her, he lied to himself. He would be ok he told himself.

[member="Anara Valnor"]

The change that came over her was almost instantaneous as she relaxed in his grasp, the whimper on her lips fleeing. Her breathing evened out and as she turned into his warmth, a name not heard in the galaxy for hundreds of years passing her lips.

"Mercureus..." she breathed, curling into James' arms further as she dreamed of a love she could not recall.

Again she slept soundly in his grasp, his mere nearness easing her mind and allowing her to find peace within her mind.

[member="James Justice"]

James made a note of the name for later. She said she couldn't remember much--who knew when it would come in handy later. He felt the struggle in himself get qualled with a decision; he couldn't do without this. She felt so good in his arms so sweet and gentle. And she needed him, that much he could tell. He dared to plant a kiss on her cheek before drifting off gentle sleep.

Instead of dreaming of Leighlah or other women in his past he found himself dreaming of Anara. Holding her, treating her well and to be honest--he didn't hate the idea in the least.

An alarm started awaking him with a loud blare. He let out a loud sigh, "Fething hell."

He didn't want it end. Not now, not ever. He grumbled and gave her a gentle brush on the cheek before moving to get the ship out of hyperspace, trying to not feel grumpy from the intrusion.

[member="Anara Valnor"]

Before he could untangle himself fully Anara shifted and latched onto him, only half awake. His alarm had pulled her from the blissful nothingness of sleep, but her mind want fully aware of where she was or even when she was. "Not yet," she whined, face scrunched up against his chest. "Please Merc..." she mumbled.

Vivid molten orbs fluttered open and she smiled lazily up at...Wait...who was this man? Panic seized her and she gasped, trying to pull away from him. However, her panic was short lived as suddenly she couldn't recall who she'd thought he was...or wasn't. Frowning she rub her eyes, then reached out to rub one of his scruffy cheeks, assuring herself that he was still himself.

"Sorry...I...guess I was still dreaming," she murmured, yawning as she finally released him so that he could get up.

[member="James Justice"]

He ran his fingers through her hair and gave her a wink. Her clinging was enough to make him feel better, even if she thought he was someone else. Her hand on his cheek felt lovely, and her skin was so soft and smooth. He gave it a gentle kiss before she pulled her hand back. Was he allowed to do that? He didn't know--and right now didn't care, "Its ok, love. Ye wanna see Soceras? Come with me."

He tugged her after him, wrapping an arm around her waist to keep her sleepy form upright as he made his way with her into the cockpit. His hand gave the lever a gentle tug and the blue tunnel that was hyper space vainished into the spacer's adoptive homeworld.

Three moons circled the giant terrian planet before them. One glowing red moon swept along the lower hemisphere, volcanic activity bubbling on its glowing surface. Another, smaller rock of a moon swept along just over the norhtern portion of the equator, little more than a dark black battered boulder. The third, from space its idyllic scenery looked gorgeous like Naboo or Alderaan in their prime. A ring of Purple, pink, and blue haze surrounded the center of the planet, which itself was a patchwork of color.

The northern hemisphere was convered with oceans, fields of green, and gorgeous mountain ranges that swept across wide swaths. The Ice caps at the poles both stretched down on either side grandly. A pair of bright light clusters shone on the northern portion of the planet, a pair of gorgeous cities from space. The lower hemisphere of the planet was a toxic wasteland, barren and dismal. A few oceans of green, glowing radioactive waste stood, a beauty in their on deadly way. Those in the Force would always feel the dichtomy of the planet; half good, half bad, hedonism clashing with total constraint.

"A beauty ain't she?" he asked giving her a smile and sneaking a peek at Anara's reaction.

[member="Anara Valnor"]

"James," she complained as he pulled her along, entirely unhappy with being out of bed. However, upon seeing the planet her mood improved. "Always is," she murmured without thinking.

His grasp on her was familiar, overly so, but Anara couldn't say that she hated it. In fact she rather liked it. James made her feel at ease in a way she never thought possible; it was nice. However, his antics made her wonder what was going on in that head of his. Before he'd seemed frightened of her, well....almost frightened, but now he seemed keen to keep her close.

Anara didn't understand it. Why should he feel anything toward her? He didn't know her any better than she knew herself.

For a moment she regarded James before turning her vibrant eyes to the planet once more as she became lost in its Song.

[member="James Justice"]

"Let me show ye something, before we go to town," James said, beginning to enter atmosphere with one hand, the other holding her close, 'The star of this system be highly radioactive. It emits the rays that form the glowing ring around the planet, see? Radioactive," he explained.

For some this one-handed flying would be almost impossible, but for James, it was more like a daily thing.

"It makes the lower land a waste feild, but the upper is protected by that rock there they call a moon," he pointed to the black stone they flew by. Soon they were entering atmosphere, heading on the north pole. "Funny thing, this planet's poles attract enough radiation to make the ice crystals a wonderland, nothing like ye average polar caps. I ain't never showed no one this before, but," he gave her a slight grin, "I think ye will appreciate it. It ain't too cold, but its cold enough, relatively speaking."

He wanted so badly to share this with her, inside he said it was so she could enjoy another thing, or try to find something that would help her remember who she was. But deep down he knew he wanted her to share something special. Perhaps as a part of his heart. He didn't know, and he knew it wasn't becuase he loved her or was falling for her--was it?

The Angel glided in, and the clouds around the pole broke, illuminating a beauty.

Giant glowing crystals of ice rose like monolyths in gorgeous tower-like spirals. Some were tall and strong, others leaned at each other. Their heights ranged from hundreds of feet, to two miles long. Stair-step like ice shelves that were hundreds of feet across and hundreds of feet tall in hexogon-like formations. Each bit of ice glistened as it had for hundreds of thousands of years in their own color, no two were a like. A soft layer of gleaming, softly glowing snow was falling.

James gently landed his ship on one of the crystals, taking his jacket off and wrapping it around Anara. He went into the next room and grabbed another, "The radiation ain't toxic enough to hurt ye here if we are in and out in less than an hour," he gave a boyish grin, like a child showing his crush a flower or a secret club house as he tugged at her gently, "Come on, Anara."

[member="Anara Valnor"]

The planet was breathtaking in more ways than one and oddly Anara felt a sort of kinship with it. Light and Darkness forever at odds and yet they harmonized perfectly in order to sustain the planet. It was magical and got once the thousands of voices that shared her mind were in agreement with her. Their words were soothing and awed, basking in the planet's Song.

Smiling to herself, Anara started slightly as James wrapped his jacket around her. "I'm hardly dressed for snow," she complained with a laugh as he tugged her along. Slipping her shoes on and his jacket Anara followed after him, still dressed in her camisole and shorts.

The cold wind caused her hair to dance around her add though it were alive, but the frigid air wasn't nearly as bad as she had imagined. She could stand to be outside for a short while in her thin night clothes; plus James' jacket helped immensely. The garment was far to big on her, but its weight and smell put Anara at ease (it smelled just like James.)

Smiling she followed him of into the snow, amber orbs dancing to and fro as a soft laugh passed her lips. "Wow..." she murmured, holding her hand out to collect a bit of snow as it lazily drifted down from the sky. Lost for words she simply admired the beauty around her, the dancing colors reflected in her eyes.

James was completely enraptured. How could someone be so beautiful, he wondered, it was almost as if he was seeing a woman for the first time all over again. He had always loved redheads, but--had they even been this beautiful?

He stepped forward and wrapped an arm around the small of Anara's back. His eyes looked down into her golden eyes. They were drawing him in, winning his heart. I should get shot in the leg more often, a small voice in his head thought. Her eyes, so perfect. Her skin so flawless, her lips so rich and full. he felt himself moving in to kiss them, he didn't realize it as he came lower, lower within inches of her face--

"Captain, are you there? We saw you enter atmos but you haven't show up is everything alright?" asked a voice.

He couldn't, he wouldn't fight against loving her. It was what he wanted, he knew it, and he didn't care. It was dangerous, and he could get devoured but it was better than not feeling anything. He was less centimeters from her lips, and getting closer.

"Captain are you there? Captain? We are sending a search party your way." asked a frantic voice.

And like that the spell was broken.

James let go and stormed a few feet away, fishing his comm from his pocket, "What do ye fething want?"

"Sir, we saw you enter atmos but--"

"Get the hell out of my face," James spat, "I wanted a little privacy, I am on my way now. And you are out of a job."

"Y-yes sir, so sorry sir," said a despondent voice.

James chucked the unit across the snowy landscape and marched back to Anara and the ship. The moment was gone, lost. It hurt badly and made him angry.

"Come on," he said slightly gruff, "let's be moving."

A few minutes later the Angel came in for a sweeping landing through the massive city. Buildings reached for the sky like arms raised in greeting. Air traffic got out of their way, pedestrians who saw them flying by gave cheers and waves of approval as their rescuer made his grand entrance. To say he was a hero to these people was an understatement without equal. The ship landed at last on the private landing pad of the Angel's Den. An escort of half a dozen soldiers, dressed in armor, wielding everything from flame throwers to double-sided vibroswords were there. A few protocol droids, desk jockeys, and pirate kings under James were waiting for attention as a greeting party.

The spacer blew past them, leading Anara. They would wait.

"So, sleeping arrangements," he said, trying to quell what was left of his irritation, "what do ye want to do about that?"

[member="Anara Valnor"]

Blinking up at James she wondered if something was wrong as he stared down at her, but when he said nothing and continued to stare her stomach rolled nervously. He was making her feel things she hadn't felt in a very long time and part of her hated it. Somewhere inside she felt that she ought to be disgusted with the way he brought color to her cheeks as he bent down, his intentions clear, but Anara couldn't even hear that part of herself.

The Darkness that had festered in her soul for so long seemed no match for this man. He was entirely untrained in the Force and yet he seemed to have a power over her only a few men could ever claim to possess. It was terrifying, but for all the suffering she'd endured Anara seemed to know subconsciously that he was her salvation. He was the key to everything; even the souls trapped within her seemed to be slowly recognizing James for what he was.

Caught by the dark depths of his eyes she didn't move to pull away or stop him. Time seemed to stand still, but then it all came rushing back as he pulled away, her lips never knowing the warmth of his own.

As confused and lost as when he'd approached her, Anara blinked yet again, staring after the man. She wasn't sure if she'd dodged a bullet or missed out on something incredible. Without a word she followed him back onto the ship, the crystals singing to her the whole time.

Once back on board she left him and went to go change; it didn't seem proper to arrive still dressed in her night clothes. Only when she was properly dressed did she appear from the bedroom, with perfect timing it seemed, as James snatched her up in his angry walk to exit the ship. Not quite understanding why he was so angry she simply walked at his side, barely paying those around them any attention as he briskly led them...somewhere.

"Huh?" Confused yet again she looked up at her new friend, feeling all the world like a clueless teenager as she tried to make sense of what was coming over her. He was affecting her so dramatically that Anara was almost frightened. Change was not something she enjoyed, despite having lived through so much of it during her short life. (Except she still had no recollection of what her past entailed.)

"Um...I didn't know there was anything that needed to be done about it," she admitted, running a hand through her hair. "Whatever you think is best?" she questioned in turn, not really understanding what he was getting at.

[member="James Justice"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom