Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Just Stay Off It For A Week- Wait Do I Know You?

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

She didn't even realize her slip, though she likely wouldn't of cared one way or another. What she wanted to say, she was able to. For once. Though she was pretty quick to realize the normal okay from Kai wasn't something she'd gotten. Her gaze shifted to the show after his question. She had no answer. His seemed like good ideas, somewhat. Throwing themselves into high stress situations wasn't the best.

But hadn't they done that already? Her hand tightened into a fist. Right. She'd gotten shot on one of those. With the pirates. Her gaze shifted down to where the scar was, her hand gently pressing against it. How many of these kind of scars would Kai end up with now?

<I lied. .. I do care you changed bodies. I'm happy. You're so much brighter now, you know? When the ring came off, I could see so much pain. And now, there's none of that.> Her grip tightened on her shirt. She was suppressing a lot of emotions now. She didn't like doing that. But Kai was so happy to change. And she truly was happy for him to be free of that burden.

<I'm scared. I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want you back in that body, but the thought of you actually getting hurt. I've seen you shot and stabbed so many times, but now that will actually hurt you. Kill you. I'm scared, Kai. I don't want you to leave me either.>

Happy, but also scared for him. Yep, that sounded about right.

<That's exactly my point. I just need some time to get used to it.> Time that he really didn't have, but that couldn't be helped. <Things are going to work out. I'm not going to leave, Iris. I promise.>

He held out his pinkie finger to seal his vow. The childish gesture harkened back to earlier days, simpler times. That Kai was still in him even now.

On the holoscreen, the Bright Knight emerged triumphant from a confrontation with his arch nemesis, the Arsonist. Out of the ashes he came, as if reborn in flame, scattering the smoke with his cape.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

She stared at his pinky for a moment. Then reached her hand up. Gripped his pinky with her own. It was something she'd actually learned more recently, pinky promises. It brought a smile to her face, though it was even sadder than she'd been prior. Iris shook her head slowly, staring at the scarred flesh of her hand. <That's not something you can promise. We'd both give our lives if it meant saving someone.>

Then she let her hand drop away. Turned back around to lay her head down and close her eyes. "You should get some sleep. .. I'll finish healing your leg tomorrow."

Kai Bamarri Kai Bamarri

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom