Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Just some forcies on Bespin (Theodore Nash)

Salis held hands with one of her two daughters, this one was Named Neli. They were still a bit young, but Salis already knew they were both sensitive to the force. Now, to exactly what extent, and how well they would attune themselves, that would be yet to be certain. She was still quite young, but she could walk...or waddle as the case may be, and had some sense of talking. The former Sith Knight was slightly bent forwards as she walked her around Cloud City. Being in Bespin she wasn't too concerned about her own safety, as Bespin was Red Dragon territory. Even though it was technically within the realm of a greater faction. Salis was wearing simple Shell Spider Silk clothing, durable, but didn't stand out like her usual armor. And a bit lighter, though she still had her lightsaber, disconnected into two parts, clipped at her side opposite the child.

She would probably look like a fairly normal mother, aside from Zepher, the a rather intelligent police droid walking behind her. Who was also a bit taller then the mere 5'7" of lightly built woman. That, and the weapon at her side. It probably wouldn't be realized just how insane she really was under the smile as she raised her eyebrows, seemingly listening to the young girl, a little light brown haired girl with bright blue eyes and a complexion not completely dissimilar from her mother, though certainly more kiddish.

The two, three counting the droid, who simply watched over them armed with a MK_II_Paladin_blaster_rifle, continued to wander around the city that sat in the clouds, it was a quite descriptive choice of naming wasn't it?

Theodore Nash

T
Objective: Here to see why they call it cloud city
Time: About Midday
Tag: Salis Salis
Theodore was wandering around Cloud City as he had heard from many holo-articles that is was supposed to be a beautiful city in the clouds. And well he had to admit they were not wrong as it turned out when he landed he saw a beautiful clouds all around him and apparently no land. He went to an edge looking all around and looked down. It was at this moment he realised how high up they were really and how scared of this sorta height he was. He very quickly after stepping back from the edge decided that perhaps it would indeed be a good idea not to look over the edge at all, or at least down if it could be helped.

However it wasn't long before curiosity soon took hold again as he smelled something delicious. He followed it to a very posh looking restaurant which he would never be allowed into, he very quickly realised looking down at his clothes. They were very simple, not at all elegant or regale like those within the restaurant, but then again he had firstly never had regale clothes and the more he looked at them the less he quickly decided he wanted to wear them. So extravagant and extra, it really didn't fit him much. So he walked rather briskly away from the scent carefully trying to imitate some of those he saw inside who had shifted their noses up at the sight of him and his clothes.

Eventually while doing this he accidentally bumped into a woman, and fell to the ground, not realising perhaps that to perform the nose feature one could not see those in front of them. Which was probably why they either stopped to do it or did it while sitting down he thought carefully as he looked up at this woman he had accidentally bumped into. One hand held onto a child's hand most likely her child who was indeed a girl. And an old police droid behind them? he thought to himself seeing the small collection of arms it had and also the serial number on it's breastplate which he had become fond of reading back at home where they had a lot of older model droids that had similar serial codes.

He quickly gathered himself up, standing up carefully and flustered as he said. "I am so sorry I didn't see you there. I am new to this city and I was trying to one up a bunch of snobby people in a restaurant down the ways." He said carefully looking at his feet now. Clearly she was someone of some importance to have a droid bodyguard even if it was an old one as most people don't tend to waste money on something like that unless they got extra or work as a mercenary/bounty hunter with some kind of droid sidekick. I mean that's what I read in the comics. He thought to himself awaiting to see how the lady would respond to this flustered shy simple looking boy.

Salis was rarely caught off guard, however, her current situation of having children kind of brought about a little bit extra attention to something outside her normal area of awareness. It meant that she didn't completely realize it until a moment before a white haired male, (Theodore Nash), ran right into her, already Zepher was stepping forwards to get between them as Salis steadied herself chuckling slightly from the surprise impact, being such an uncommon situation. Neli seemed almost entirely unconcerned about the abrupt rush and simply giggled grabbing onto her mothers leg making her correction a bit more difficult. She held out a hand for the droid to stop, placing her arm between the loyal police droid and his words of warning towards the man, causing him to go silent again and stand straight, only seeming to stare at Theodore as he and Salis both listened.

The man stood up apologizing, and commenting on trying to "one up" the snobs in a restaurant, she glanced behind him as he explained. She was pretty sure she knew the place. He certainly seemed apologetic, or at least, formally apologetic. She did after all walk around with an armed police droid in tow. She picked up Neli who glanced at the boy cocking her head and seemingly finding this just a bit amusing. Salis thought about his apology, she wasn't one to hold a grudge. No she just wondered what she was going to respond with, instead of reprimanding him, or telling him to be careful again, she came up with something a little more interesting, "One upping them huh?" she inquired a mischievous grin on her face, glancing at Neli and bonking foreheads with her lightly, "Are ya hungry?"

The child bounced, probably enough to nearly fall out of her arms if she wasn't holding on tight, "Ice cream!" she cheered giddily. Salis glanced at the boy, "Well you won't one up them walking around blind and running into women. Come'on. Let's make a little fun of these snobs huh?" she didn't even seem to wait for a response, instead immediately starting to walk past him towards the place, as she passed by Neli might reach out and poke him on the forehead, he was around three inches taller than Salis, so the girl would have to reach up a bit but she didn't care. Zepher simply continued to watch him, walking along as she did.

While Neli continued to cheer and bounce about Ice cream Salis would swish some of the girls hair out of her face while she tried to move so that she could see the stranger more easily, "What's your name then? Might as well ask if I'm gonna be tossing credits so we can screw with the snobs right?"

Theodore Nash

T
Objective: One Up The Snobs

Theodore was bowing his head waiting to be shouted at for running into a woman, without even thinking he said again. "I am so sorr.." Then he actually processed what had just been said to him as he shifted his head up to look the woman in the eye. "Are you being serious I ran into you and you want to feed me?" After the child by her side called out for Ice Cream he stood slightly stunned surprised by the generosity of this woman he had run into by pure accident. Then she suggested they make fun of the snobs and began walking past him.

He was still stunned until the girl by her side poked him on his head as he snapped too and began following in sync with them. "Uh hang on this isn't what I was expecting at all. Right of course, my name is Theodore, Theodore Nash. Feel free to call me Theo for short although I rather do prefer my full name." He said smiling and following along side them. He was still very confused by this turn of events. "Sorry but I was expecting to be yelled at so this is highly weird for me. Why would you be helping someone like me anyways?"

Still following he would wait for an answer before asking. "Oh I forgot what are all your names? Since you already have mine." As they passed the posh place that had stuck their collective nose up at him he stuck out his tongue at them all. He wasn't sure what was going on how why she decided to do this. He wanted to fight her to find out why but he also knew they weren't allowed to unlike echani culture normal people don't randomly break out into fights.

She cocked her head at him as he asked if she was serious about it, "Well I wasn't hurt. And you already said you were sorry and don't really seem to be lying." she said with a shrug, brushing it off. She was too flippant to hold a grudge. Of course, she was also so flippant she could turn and kill someone in a moment if she didn't see enough consequences for it. The boy seemed rather shocked, though he still answered his name, asking her to call him his full name but that Theo was ok.

He also asked why she was helping him, which made her chuckle. She wasn't really. Not...exactly. She was doing it because it amused her,
"Why not? To make fun of the snobs of course. But mostly I just felt like it. Not really any other reason to it, just seemed fun." That was unfortunately her philosophy on almost everything for her. If the outcome was she enjoyed it, she was very much liable to do it. She wasn't completely short sighted but that was generally what went on in her head.

He also asked their names, before Salis could even respond the little girl threw both hands up in the air and shouted,
"Neli!" before wrapping them around her mothers neck giggling away, an incredibly cheerful child. Salis chuckled at her, "Well there you go that's one of us. I'm Salis V'Trechen, the big guy is Zepher."

"Greetings, Theodore Nash." Said the droid, it was a fairly deep voice but it was rather human due to the vocabulators design. Salis leaned her head back and smiled at him before turning to face Theodore as they got towards the restaurant, she nodded to Zepher who came in front of her, taking out some credits and setting them down on the counter as the person there looked up to see them there, at first preparing a greeting before seeing the armed droid and the woman, who spoke before he did, "Table for us please, Salis V'Trechen." the name seemed to get his attention and make him rush a little bit more uttering a "Yes Ma'am" and using the datapad to set one up before leading the way. Usually Salis didn't frequent places like this, so her face wasn't instantly recognized. But it was known that Mike V'Trechen had a wife and kids and his position was definitely known.

She followed at her own leisure, the droid still simply following behind, "Take your time. Just look relaxed." she commented to Theodore Nash, "They're used to seeing people have to stick up their noses and either bend the head up with their nose or down to look away. But if you treat them like they're just normal people, you get a more interesting response."

Theodore Nash

T
Objective: Being Confused as
Theodore looked at her strangely as she answered his questions. He couldn't fault her for the first line of thought he hadn't meant to run into her in anyway shape or form. But something still wasn't sitting right with him. "Is this a form of punishment I have never seen before you be kind to someone only to make fun of them later? Is that a thing in the normal galaxy that's not in the unknown regions?" He was still very confused by this turn of events trying to come to terms with it all.

"It seemed like fun?" He asked as the second answer came out. "To have a go at the snobs? Okay remind me not to be on your bad side then if one upping snobs because it sounds fun is what you randomly decide. Especially after having someone run into you." He said looking very perplexed. He was sure this had to be some kind of trick or play on him. Maybe this was all a big joke the galaxy was telling at his expense.

He quickly pulled back on his smile though putting away his feelings for the time being to hear their names. "Neli, that's a very nice name. It's a pleasure to meet you." He said lowering himself down squatting to smile at the small girl. He then looked back up as he received the others names. "Salis V'Trechen and Zepher. Pleasure meeting all of you. Thank you for telling me your names." He would look around as they entered restaurant and watched some kind of change in the waiter's demeanour as he heard her name.

He looked confused once again he felt lacking in this society to tell what everyone around him was feeling frowning. "Is your name a big one around here?" He asked suspiciously trying to figure out how the waiter felt as they walked along. "Well that answers that question your name is big around here and your treating me like a normal person because it's something to entertain you or because I seem like a curiosity?" He somewhat stated frowning at that not sure how true that was.

Theodore Nash
Salis chuckled at him again and his disbelief in the situation, bit cynical but she wouldn't fault him for that. She shook her head as he asked if it was some kind of punishment, "Nope. Just felt like it." she answered very simply. No complex motivations, no deceit or manipulation. Just simple and outright about it.

A simple smile as he repeated her said motivation, and mentioned not wanting to get on her bad side. She agreed with that, for most people that was probably a poor idea. She wasn't particularly easy to anger, but anger was not the only motivation to attack or go after someone. The girl smiled wide closing her eyes in the process as he said it was nice to meet her.

Eventually they were making their way to the tables and she'd lift up Neli and set her down onto one of the chairs, Zepher simply stepped back slightly from the group nearer to the wall. Standing and watching, his head turning side to side occasionally overviewing the situation. Theodore also asked about her name, and theorized on her reasons. She sighed, setting herself down in a chair fairly quickly, crossing one leg over the other. "I told you, I just felt like messing with the snobs." by this point though, she was recognizing a certain potential, but it wasn't something she was going to say aloud at the moment, "As far as a normal person, I've been all over the galaxy, done a number of different jobs. My parents were merchants. I've talked with just about every rank short of a Sith Emperor or something. This is just the way I talk to everyone."

Salis had never been one to consider rank and authority the most important. She obeyed them in the Jen'ari because it was convenient. It was really that simple. Same way she obeyed contracts when she had been a mercenary. She did it, because that's what she thought would result in the best things. "As for my name," she shrugged, "Could be. I...haven't actually checked. I don't personally do the whole 'fame and fortune' deal, just isn't me. Came here for a friend of mine, became the head of the Red Dragons military council, then married the friend, so I guess he's probably known. Maybe they just know me by default. Oh, Red Dragon is somewhat important here I suppose. Although we are technically within the Outer Planets Alliance system."

Though she failed to mention the practices of the Red Dragon on TX-1 droids, nor exactly what her jobs were before she got to this point.

Theodore Nash

T
Objective: Not really sure
Just felt like it. That wasn't something he had ever really come across before. Normally people had some kind of motive even one he might not understand. So to have someone honestly do something because they felt like it was really surprising and different for him altogether. They were eventually lead to a table and while salis' party got themselves seated so Theodore carefully pulled out the chair checking it for any kind of practical jokes he could think up off the top of his head. When he found no tampering with it then he finally sat in the chair.

He said listening to her intently finally admitting to himself that she was being in fact very serious and was not trying to mess with him despite how he felt. Then again it still didn't make a lot of sense but he set that aside to listen to her properly. He still agreed with himself from earlier he didn't want to be on her bad side if this was legitimately why she was doing this. Interesting when she spoke about herself having a large amount of jobs and who they took her to meet. "How curious, I would like to know some more about some of the jobs provided you are willing to share stories of course. Especially some of the ones involving you meeting everyone short of a sith emperor although I only really know of one really active."

He then carefully continued "lots of propaganda channels get out our way in the unknown regions. I don't know how much to believe because I have heard the echani from homeworld were slavers who deserved the wraith of the 'mandalorians'? Some massive people in suits of extreme armour, while others have claimed some were but the mandalorians went overboard. Lots about some sort of sith emperor most people seem to hate although just as many about how stable his government and people are. How life is better under him. Honestly I don't know what to trust."

He then turned back listening to her talk about her own name and where it came from. "So you married an old friend who also has a high ranking within this faction that runs this place? Who are the red dragons, I haven't heard anything from propaganda and some of the older propaganda mentions an Outer Rim Coalition is that the same group or different to the Outer Planets Alliance?" He asked still unsure of this galaxy he was within

Theodore Nash
She smiled as he mentioned wanting to know more about her jobs, and the comment of only knowing of one active Sith emperor. It actually made her wonder long ago it had been since the Jen'ari had fallen apart. He further commented on propoganda channels, things about Echani and Mandalorians, who he seemed unsure on. She was familiar with them, though had limited interaction with them as a larger force. What their thoughts were on the sith emperor.

And then he asked about who she married, and who the Red Dragons were. As well as if the Outer Rim Coalition was the same as the Outer Planets Alliance. She put her hands together, Neli tugged on her shirt causing her to look at her as she pointed at the waiter who was simply standing there not interrupting them, she opened her mouth, "Ah right sorry, just give me whatever you think is good. Neli here wants ice cream but first give her one of those I think." She said flicking her thumb at someones dish, "And get me whatever Alcohol you find the best. It's always interesting to see what people come out with."

He nodded writing it down and looked at Theodore Nash waiting to see what he wanted. He would take whatever his order was, or if Theodore wanted him to come back later he'd nod and head off.

"The Outer Rim Coalition and the Outer Planets Alliance, I think, are basically just the same thing. I'm honestly not one for politics, but if they are different, I can't imagine it's by much. As far as the Red Dragon's go, kind of a similar problem. Not political, we have a military, we have rules, honestly I had come because he'd called for people, and just kind of gave me the job. He actually used to have a wife, she died. He had a brother too apparently, who I'm pretty sure he killed, think the brother killed his wife as well. I wasn't there for that." She held out her hands and sighed, "Really I'd known him long before his wife had, but when I became a mercenary we visited a bit less until he made the Red Dragon. After awhile of me being back and his wife being gone, he finally decided to ask. Never really had that many people I called friend so...I just kinda said yes."

Salis really had no issues talking up a storm, she was all willing to be open when it suited her, sometimes it did, sometimes not. Right now she felt like sharing, Neli just sat down, leaning her arms against the table, and her head on those as if she was sleeping or something. "As far as Sith go, there were two for a while. The Sith Empire emperor, and the Jen'ari Emperor. Both Sith. I'm pretty sure I met the Jen'ari, but you know, probably passing more than conversational or something. Met a number of Sith lords though, some Jedi, some rulers, some rebels, one guy called Orex Mauda. I don't know what his deal was, he seemed to use force drain a lot. If I wasn't busy trying to protect Mike both times, I think we'd have been on more equal grounds. Met a woman who used a similair technique later, that was a close fight. I managed to stun her and myself, and woke up before her, but I let her live. Never went back there, I should really see if she's still alive."

She bit her lip in thought then looked up at him and smiled, "I can share stories more in detail if you want. But first I'm curious about you? What are you doing on Bespin? What's your story?"

Theodore Nash

T
Objective: Order Lunch
He only saw the waiter politely waiting on them after Salis addressed the man. Theo felt bad he should have a better peripheral awareness than this after all that was how his friends had always gotten him back at home. He missed them but he didn't want to live outside the galaxy any longer than he had to and was very curious about it all. Once she finished ordering, Theo would think for a minute and then say "I will have the chef's speciality." He said smiling remembering at home that the chefs at the places he had gone to always preferred to do their favourite dish over most others.

Theodore would watch the waiter walk about thinking more on things as he turned back to face the woman who had invited him here. He still wasn't sure about this but curiosity was getting the better of him. He listened as she spoke, "I thought as much according to the holonet they appear to control the same territories anyways. I don't blame you for not getting into politics, I only bother looking because there wasn't all that much going on a home anyways and the stories were interesting." He nodded carefully still listening along. Military group with rules, rules he would definitely break with his level of wandering and curiosity.

Theodore sat up slightly more straighter at the mention of their having been two at one time in the galaxy, " The second one was defeated by the first along with someone called the vicelord wasn't he? I remember something about a final communication from somewhere called Jen'ari Empire having being defeated several times by a sith empire and a confederacy which lead to some kind of collapse?" He listened more again then thought to himself accidentally saying it out loud "This Orex Mauda guy must have had some big affect on you if you can remember his name but the rest are their ranks. Force Drain? Is that some kind of technique that jedi and sith learn?"

He was pretty sure jedi and sith used a thing called the force, but to drain it. That was different and dangerous. He didn't know why he felt that way he just did. He then replied to her saying about more in detail "I would enjoy to hear more about them all. Oh me? My story? It's not a very interesting one." He said smiling looking slightly defeated. "I come from an Echani colony world out in the Unknown regions. We got sent out ages ago and haven't really been affected much by anything so I had an alright childhood and all the rest. Basically I came to the galaxy because I was interested and I came to Bespin because I heard the view is magnificent which it is breath taking, Just don't look down, I learnt that way to late." He said shivering involuntarily at the last part.

Salis made a humming noise as he said he didn't blame her for not doing politics. And that he only knew, from how it sounded, basically due to boredom. He brought up how he thought the Jen'Ari emperor was defeated. And them being defeated by the Sith empire and the confederacy, and that being the cause of its descent. "I honestly don't know. I left before it fell apart. I do recall considerable conflict with the Sith Empire and Confederacy though." she agreed. He at least knew some things about them.

He mentioned Orex Mauda seeming to be more important, due to the choice of using his name. And then asked about force drain, "Well Orex mentioned his name. Since I didn't know his rank, figured it wouldn't make sense to mention it. And force drain is specifically Sith, a rather scary ability to most. It's known to draw them closer to the darkside but make them stronger. Imagine it like drawing the very life out of someone. It's one of the more...cruel abilities." she answered.

He mentioned also wanting to hear more about her stories. But would give his own, even if he found it to be unentertaining. Salis flicked her eyes at Neli as she saw the girl simply tilt her head slightly to watch him as he told his own story. One of relative normality, true, but that's how Salis had started off. She chuckled at the comment on looking down, "Just don't jump." she put her hand on the table, "I kid, well...sort of. There is a reason most of cloud city is enclosed naturally. Though, I'm curious, have you ever knowingly met a force sensitive before? Trained I mean."

She smiled and laced her fingers together, "I mean, you seem to be new to the whole journeying thing. And your home seems to have been rather uneventful. So I'm just kind of curious how that might have played out for you."

Theodore Nash

Theodore Nash

T
He sat quietly listening to her answers again. She was part of the jen'ari empire before it's collapse, which means she's likely to be a sith. He thought to himself which either means she's some kind of monster or that she would be the second coming of heros and knights in shining armour, depending on which propaganda you listened to of course.

Interesting he thought to himself, "That is fair enough if you know their name it would likely be better to remember them by it than not at all. So that answers my next question the sith are some kind of scary people. If you make a power that drains the life out of someone it's likely your not on the right side of anything." He shivered thinking about it fully, he wanted to hurl hearing about it that such a thing existed. "I don't like the sound of that at all."

He then shivered again when she mentioned jumping. He quietly said feeling slightly upset "I wouldn't anyways, there would be no point to it. Jumping from here to the ground you likely would be paste by the time you hit it and I would rather not think about that either." He was feeling more and more uncomfortable the more these topics were being discussed. Then came a question he had never been asked before nor ever heard asked.

He thought about it for a while before responding. "No I have never met a force sensitive in any fashion knowingly or unknowingly, trained or not. There was not that many force sensitives anywhere in the unknown region I have ever heard of." Was she a force sensitive that was trained? Perhaps she could feel his force sensitivity after all they had checked him at the young age of 4 to find there was enough midiclorians for him to use the force however he had never been trained in it and there was really nowhere for him to go to learn about it. "Of course and that is fair enough. I just really wanted to explore the galaxy." He said carefully with a smile.

It'd be a few minutes still until the food arrived, and she watched as Neli started to seem like she was about to roll off the table just out of pure boredom. She glanced at Zepher, who stepped next to them, though she was still listening as Theodore Nash commented on the force drain, and she whispered to the droid, "Do you have a holoprojector on you?" he nodded, "Mind letting Neli find something useful to entertain herself with?" he shook his hand, and knelt down next to the child, putting down a holo projector as the two of them started browsing. She couldn't read, so that was unfortunately not something they could do. But perhaps there was something to watch or look at.

Meanwhile Salis responded on Force Drain,
"It can be a bit scary admittedly. I don't really use it myself. But really, if I'm honest, is it really that different from any other weapon? They both result in death, one is just slightly slower but provides both an advantage and a disadvantage to the user later on." she said with a shrug, "And there is a version the Jedi use, tutaminis. It's not so much focused on life as much as it is energy itself, but I absolutely believe it could be used to drain a person of energy and ultimately kill them that way. The difference is mainly what happens afterwards."

He clearly didn't like the idea of jumping, which made her smile a little. Not sadistically, just out of amusement, "Well fair enough. That is, if you hit the ground at all. It is a gas giant you know."

She hummed to herself as he commented on force sensitives, so he hadn't then. She was curious, did he realize he had the potential to be one? Or not. Whether or not he did, he could pose to be a useful ally. Really that wasn't how this had started, but why not explore it anyway? Besides, another sparring partner always makes things fun, if that was something he got interested in. And his comment on just wanting to explore. "Hey, exploring can be worth it. But choose carefully where you visit. Sometimes locals aren't so friendly, trust me on that one." She said, "You know, I am a force sensitive myself. I used to be a sith knight. With the Jen'ari. I left before they fell apart though, not because I expected it. Never fully understood Sith philosophy. Honestly I was only there for the experience. My parents were merchants, they didn't really understand the force or how it worked for me. Mercenary life just fit me better until I got here." she shrugged, then looked at him more closely, staring into his eyes to see what response she would get with her next sentences, "You know, eventually I realized you have the potential for it too. Maybe not the same way as me. But in some manner. I do sense something. Sooner or later, you're either going to learn from it, or someone else is going to take advantage of it. There are creatures that take advantage of the force in beings, they're rare, but they exist. I don't think I've encountered any myself. But you can never be too careful."

Theodore Nash

T
Theodore watched as the droid as it activated a holoprojector. He smiled watching the small girl flick through looking for something to listen to or watch. He did believe she would find something soon. He turned back to the Salis and frowned at the continuation on force drain. This was not something he ever wished to learn but still finding out more about it couldn't hurt. "It is slightly different. A blade is cleaner and quicker than watching some lose every part of themselves. That is very sadistic." Theo said looking down at the spot in front of him.

"That sounds too much like slavery except worse somehow and better because at least you die faster than a death in slavery." He said coldly still looking down feeling disgusted. "What advantage could their be too sadistically murdering someone by taking their life energies? What you become more powerful? But is the cost worth the price?" He was still looking down feeling worse by the minute. "Tutaminis is energy focus then you can't take someone's life energy with it. Maybe you bounce a blaster bolt into someone with the conversion of that energy but it is not draining the life from someone."

He went quiet for a while thinking about everything mulling it over. Thinking about that bespin was actually a gas giant, think about these powers she had mentioned. Then she warned him to be careful when exploring as not everywhere has friendly natives. Then she mentioned his force sensitivity and how she had been a sith knight at one point. Suddenly his uncomfortably felt justified, she had been a sith once. She knew the taste of powers like those that could drain the life from others. She might not practice it but she would still know some abilities.

He very carefully looked her in the eyes holding back all his emotions. "I had some idea you might pick up on my force sensitivity at some point. Thank you for all the warnings and everything. I have heard about things spacers used to call star weirds that can hunt force users from long distances. Believe me I am ready for most of those things. One day I will pick some to follow who could teach me, they won't control me though. Not like the others." He said the last part much quieter than the rest almost under his breath.

Salis let out a sigh, "Clearly you've never been to war. Lost a leg, an arm, bleeding out, bioweapons. Force drain is a scary power, but there are weapons that do much worse." she said. She didn't care, there was no fear in her eyes, nor regret. She just didn't feel like arguing over what was worse anymore.
She was a little confused on his comment on slavery. That was another thing she didn't find bothered her either. She furrowed her brow at his comment on the cost of using force drain. Becoming more powerful by draining anthers life, and if it was worth it. And his response about tutaminis, "Either way they die. But remove all the energy from someone, even if you only took heat, which is energy. And they die all the same. The difference is what happens to the user. One is designed to kill another human to make themselves more powerful. The other is more multipurpose, both can result in death." She really didn't see why he thought any better or worse of either. She did describe one as cruel, but this was just the way things were. Anything could be cruel if it was used the right way.

He seemed to be aware of his own force sensitivity. Interesting. And mentioned things that can hunt force users. He mentioned following someone to learn from, but who wouldn't control him, then quietly adding 'like the others.' That caused her to cock her head a bit at him, "I could teach you something. No need for you to stay. I'm curious to see how you'd grow. What do you mean by 'others' though."

Theodore Nash

Theodore Nash

T
He shook his head, "Never been in a war, not sure I want to if those kinds of weapons would be used." He thought more about everything "I don't think I can understand the need for destruction within everything. Just straight combat to figure out emotions and to train keep yourself fit sure. The pure destruction of War I don't think I want to understand it." He moved his eyes down again to the table quietly listening some more.

He looked down hoping he could look through the table as he heard more about it all. "That shouldn't be how anything get used. To kill and destroy people, how could one stomach it. To watch the life drain from someone's eyes as you gave them over to death. It's not an experience anyone should have to go through." He quietly readjusted himself looking back up he said. "Can we move onto another topic please? I would rather not discuss this stuff anymore."

He pondered getting taught by Salis and then he reconsidered it again given their views. "I think I will turn down the training, thank you for the offer. I will be sure to look you up one day and come on back." He then went completely silent as she asked about the others. Thankfully the food arrived as he went quiet so he tried covering it up with enjoying the food that had arrived.

Salis shook her head as he said he'd never been to war, and didn't truly understand the pure destruction that it brought about, "Can't say I understand it either. Why people need to take more territory, and just have that urge to be in charge. Never did get that. There's no such thing as true freedom. You can only respond to the world around you. In a void, choices don't matter. " she smiled glancing at Neli, "So let's be glad we don't live in one."

She raised her eyebrows as he wondered about how people could stomach killing people. She was about to give him an answer, until he said he'd rather not. Ah, that's right. Normal people are...weird about death. They just don't get that they're all going to die anyway. Why not do it for someones enjoyment. Doesn't matter really. "Yeah, sure."

He said he'd not train with her, but that one day he'd return, "Sure." she didn't sound completely convinced by that. However, he looked like he was distracted by the food, or wanted to be, avoiding the question about what others had controlled him. She smiled at the waiter, as he set them down naming the orders as he did, along with extra silverware.

Neli looked away from what she was doing and cheered again, raising both arms above her head as the food came to her, nearly knocking the platter out of the waiters hands. Salis patted the girl on her head chuckling as she took a sip of her own drink, shutting her eyes as she moved it around her mouth before swallowing, "You know, never thought I'd actually be a mother. It's not that I'd had an opinion on it, I just...never even considered it." she said making sure Neli wasn't going to just scarf down the stuff with her hands and choke on it, "Where are you going to go next? After Bespin I mean. Do you have a long term plan, or just want to journey?"

Theodore Nash

Theodore Nash

T
Theodore nodded looking down at his food, he mulled over more of what she said. He was still thinking about the people controlling him comment. He didn't want to reveal what had happened before his time out in this new galaxy. But inspite of himself it was almost like he couldn't stop himself. Betrayal, Slavers, Sith, Jedi. None of them had helped him all had tried controlling him at some point or another. Hatred started filling his soul as he thought more on it all but eventually he let go again letting it subside back down within himself.

He looked back up at her unconvincing sure. "I do mean it. I will find you one day, I just don't want to be taught at the moment by anyone. Last time I gave into something like that. It didn't end well for anyone involved." He meant it, the same way he had meant that promise he had made long ago. I will become stronger, I will find a way to survive and I will return to save you all. But I will do it my way. No one will bind me to themselves again without me making that choice. I will not be collared again.

Theodore smiled at the next thought salis said. "My mother and father didn't think so either but low and behold I was born. Sometimes things like that happen but not all things that happen to people are good." He said as his eyes hardened and he felt the anger bubbled again. He released it quickly again he needed to go somewhere he wouldn't be able to access the force just in case he decided to lash out again. "I think Myrkr I have always wanted to see a forest and then maybe eshan afterwards, maybe in the opposite order get myself set up on eshan then go to myrkr."

(I am so sorry for the delay, I got sick and just never managed to get back to posting. I'll respond but if you don't feel like continuing that's ok. Sorry if my posts are also shorter than before, I'm still at time constraints due to a whole bunch of new stuff.)

The boy tried to assure her that one day he'd return. But it wasn't right now that he was ready. And that things hadn't gone well last time. She looked at him thoughtfully taking a few bites of her meal, but not really paying attention to it. His statement was more sure than she had thought it would be. So she gave a simple nod and smile before he continued, this time talking about his parents, and also about when things are good.

He was struggling underneath, she could see that. She was never a very sympathetic person. At least, most wouldn't say so. Yet there were times she ended up helping people unnecessarily. However, perhaps that too was a matter of selfishness for her. She didn't speak about it however. And he answered a question. Myrkr. Then Eshan. Or vice versa. "Well I'll wish you luck then. Things can be strange, and sometimes plans can be upheaved. So just...go with things you know? Sometimes other people set your opportunities in front of you, you just gotta choose if you care enough or not."

Theodore Nash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom