Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just saw Episode VII last night (Spoilers)

WHAT AN AMAZING FILM! :D

This is what I was waiting for the entire time! Do you know how hard it was not to have this film spoiled? I hate spoilers and I had to do everything in my power to stay away from everything that could be a potential spoiler. I went so far to not even watching new YouTube videos OF ANY KIND in case someone decided to put some kind of spoiler in the comments section.

Kylo Ren as Han's and Leia's son?! I was expecting it was going to be Luke! I thought it was Luke more than anything!

And Finn and Rey were absolutely great together! Plus the attack on StarKiller Base!

AHH! God, I love this film! I'm definitely going to see it again!

Saw it for a 4th time last night and my first on a big IMAX 3D screen. It was a whole new level of experience in IMAX 3D. For those who have yet to experience Star Wars the Force Awakens in IMAX, I suggest seeing it before it leaves cinemas.

I personally was very disapointed with it. But it was exactly what I expected. I'm old. Ancient really. I saw A New Hope in theaters when I was little. Followed the commentary as well as the books through my to early years into my teen years.

Going into it I knew Ben was going to be a Solo. From looking at how Disney does things as well as how Abrahms is Ren isn't Luke's kid as we were lead to believe. I'd imagine that she's Ben's lil sister. Disney kept just enough of the expanded universe to keep the diehard fans happyish while engaging the folks that were born after Return came out and kinda followed the EU.

It was full of action and pretense. But it was basically all the fast paced stuff from epi 4,5 and 6 wrapped into one.

The star killer world? In addition to it being a little nod to the force unleahed. Just no. Even in the technologically advanced galixy this is set in. You spend trillions upon trillions of credits modifying a planet to be a super big deathstar that can target planets hundreds of not thousands of light years away and then power it by draining a star? No. Not so much. Just to have it so easily destroyed? And let's not even bring up the difficulty of moving a freaking PLANET from star system to star system.

The Force Awakens was truly a great Star Wars movie in my opinion. I was surprised up until I saw it a week after release, people were being very good about not giving away any spoilers even online.

Although i'm sad Han died he had some really great scenes. When they're on Starkiller Base and Han finds out Finn was in sanitation.

Finn: "We'll use the force!"
Han: "Thats not how the force works!"

Saw it for a third time.

At first I was a lil disappointed in the re-hashing of the original trilogy story. I was hoping to see Luke as the established grand master of the new jedi order and have at least a small council of well trained jedi students. But to hear he is supposedly the last jedi..again? The order was wiped out by an angsty confused skywalker-related boy again?

Han's death could have been more impactful, he had no interaction with his son to give an emotional build up for their final (ironically first) interaction in the film.

Phasma was terribly under used, I feel using Nines (TR-BR) should have been her moment of glory scene and to give us something compelling between her and Finn, her favorite pupil betrayed her, show her outrage about it!

Also they glossed over the fact Leia is force sensitive (yes she felt Han die), but even with a busy career she could have taken an online course in the Force once a week for the past 30 years.

My favorite takeways from the film:

Rey and Rey's theme song (my favorite song composed by John Williams now).

Maz Kanata!

Admiral Ackbar alive?!

Po Dameron potentially gay (fingers crossed)

BB-8

Kylo Ren's wavey hair.

Luke's awe inspiring stare 0.0

Lord Ghoul

L
Good movie, but I'm sad that they couldn't think of anything more original for a plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom