Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Just Bad Business (Open to anyone)

Skritch Scion stares out the transparisteel window of his "black" factory on Mustafar. There's a waterfall of lava off in the distance and he watches the falling red and orange liquid while lost in thought. This is the building where his Vulture Crew chop up stolen ships and droids and send their parts to other factories to be used in manufacture and repair.

Skritch is often present at this location, waiting for various people of low repute to come and do business. This is the dark side of his business and one that's not entirely necessary for his success. In truth, Skritch couldve fully legitimized his business long ago, but there was just something about the rush he got from being involved in shady deals.

Exopritl Exopritl
Out of all the Traders, gunners and smugglers of bad repute in the Outer Rim, Scritch was one of the best of them. Alejandro was here after picking up Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson , Ben Acrax and the rest of the rowdy crew one system away in Hoth. He was here officially representing the Outer Rim Labor he supervised, but under the table he was here to turn in the scraps of droids and gear they scavenged in Hoth and the other stuff acquired around the Ol' Rim.

The pirate waltzed into the midst of the place eith his usual flamboyant coat, hat and jewels. He was dressed from head to toe in gold and other exotic materials.

His weapons holstered, he walked up and gestured to the frigate outside. "The usual outside!"

The Intercom buzzed in Skritch's office. His droid secretary's voice informed him there was a visitor outside. Skritch got up from his chair and checked his appearance in the mirror, smoothing out the wrinkles in his suit. He finally left the office to go outside. A frigate had landed near the service entrance to his factory.

He had seen the frigate many times before and knew who it belonged to. It was his good friend Alejandro. In this instance good friend meant regular purveyor of stolen objects. Alejandro stood outside his ship, looking as extravagant as Skritch imagined he possibly could.

It always surprised him that gems didn't fall off of the man wherever he went. Skritch walked up to Alejandro with a smile on his face and offered him his hand. "Good to see you," he said, "and where's the rest of the crew? I hope everyone is doing well. I know your occupation comes with its hazards."

He smiled and the jingle of jewlery and gold sung with it. He outstretched his hands and greeted the man, pressed and primed as always. He shook his hand as was custom, nodding at his question.

"Aye they're allright. We stopped here after Hoth and we're going to look to gather some things around here. Opened a new office around the ruins of the ORC compounds"

He pulled a large, exotic looking sack and pulled an even more exotic looking crystal bottle holding inside swirling purple liquid. Effortlessly the pirate opened the bottle and took a whiff of the smell, his nostrils curling at the sting.

"Shankbrine Whiskey from Dantooine" He shared the bottle, the thing itself has crust from barnacles and seaweed fossilized on the outside.

"This bottle is roughly one thousand years old"
He said as he poured the exotic looking liquid into two golden cups, handing one to Skritch. This was for an occasion, this was an occasion, their haul this time was no joke, they had a proper crew and triple the size.
Exopritl Exopritl

Skritch smiled and accepted the offered drink. "A thousand years huh? We must be calibrating something big then." He downed some of the liquor and paused. It was definitely old, but it still had quite a kick and was somehow smooth at the same time.

Better to drink this slow, Skritch thought to himself. Best to keep your wits about you during business deals. Then Skritch smiled a wolfish smile.

"Perhaps I can interest you and your crew in a game of cards later on. Think on it," he offered. "First though, let's see what you brought me. I'm excited to find out why youre in such a good mood."

This was no ordinary ale, this was one of those ancient bottles that came about once in a lifetime. The story of the score that lead to the case of these bad boys no one would actually beleive. Alejandro downed two of those cups as a single one of the loads was brought in with a gravsled. It was a fine and shining coat of durasteel and chromium. The droids that brought them were high tech, but the inside of it was something right under his nose that he hadn't yet seen.

"The boys were stuck down here for a while, in the search and adventure we found the lair of one of your old bosses"

The lid opened to reveal incredibly complex Artifical Intelligence and cybernetic technology that Alejandro couldt quite place or understand. What he did understand is that this stuff looked expensive and rare, because it was. Not only was it advanced but it was also geared towards designing some sort of Artificial Technology.

"Legacy of Organics, some shady corporation of a droid God Ultimatum Ultimatum . Or something along those lines"

He poured himself his third drink and laid back a little bit, shrugging and turning a shade of serious for a slight spell. "To be honest I haven't ever seen anything like this stuff"

Exopritl Exopritl

Skritch Scion

S
Skritch adjusted his glasses as he hovered over the Gravsled. The pirate had definitely brought him something worth celebrating. The Durasteel amd Chromium on their own were good finds, but what was underneath was simply spectacular.

It was a mostly intact AI system. If Skritch could reverse engineer it and reproduce it, he could start to produce a whole new class of droids. Skritch was excited at the find. He downed the rest of his drink, no longer feeling the need for caution.

"This is an incredible find, my friend. I'll tell you what, I'm gonna do you a favor. Due to the fact that youve found such good stuff this time, and that you're such a regular around here, I'm going to give you your usual fee plus fifty percent. How does that sound to you? Alejandro Vizcaya Alejandro Vizcaya

Cash, sweet credits, the thing that made the galaxy go round. As a pirate his networth really wasn't something that was stable at any time but as of lately it kept increasing. Alejandro now had too much to actually keep moving around, for once he couldt really keep it all in the ship, or ships as of now. He needed a secondary base apart from the frozen pits in Hoth.

Mustafar wasn't the usual or hell even the top one hundred that he would have chosen but as of now, it would have to do. Alejandro was planning on making a place here, a bar, a club or an exclusive getaway for the crew and the high end of society.

"That would more than suffice" The pirate replied, this time edging to the window where the lava volcanos made for quite a view. He gestured to the distance where his ships were bringing down some material and men, there was the ancient turbolifts and infrastructure of the droid God of Mustafar that still stood.

"I'm going to use part of that abandoned site for a local, More civilian type attraction. I have a Yatch and a cruiser for defence. Tourists who come see and stay in will enjoy the luxury that they pay extra for." He shrugged and smiled, sitting down and pouring another glass for the pair. Hopefully he caught the gist.

It was an official business venture, on paper and on the legal amd with their material and pockets they could make more profit than was ever thought possible and all without the possibility of trouble.

"I'll need construction droids." He smiled, pulling up the datapad with the blueprints for the whole place.

"Alot of em"
Skritch Scion

Last edited:

Skritch Scion

S
"Going into business huh?" Skritch asked the pirate, "legitimate business no less. Although I suppose a bar ran by a pirate isnt too big of a stretch."

Skritch understyod the implication of what the pirate had suggested perfectly. He was looking for a partner and Skritch was the man for the job. "I can definitely supply your construction droids, but what about security? I'm on the process of developing a new droid line to secure small venues."

I can throw a few of those in with the construction droids for a fifteen percent cut of the profit." Skritch pitched his offer. "I feel like thats a fair deal. Speaking of deal, you could run a couple card games or something in your bar. I could provide droids to run those as well just to sweeten the deal."

Alejandro Vizcaya Alejandro Vizcaya

He loved it when a plan came together, so it was perfectly settled and sith security droids on top pf all of it. He slammed the table and cheered.

"Then it's settled! With the manpower and materials we will have the Duke's Master hotel working in no time."

He raised his glass, this time with a brand new goal and understanding in place. Both of them would place a stake on Mustafar itself and both of them shared the profit of it. The place, if managed correctly and safely would provide them with more than enough profits to make another one in another world, one might say it could even make them both filthy rich.

"To profit"

Skritch Scion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom