Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a simple question for future reference

Hey y'all,

So...since I'm still relatively new here and eager to expand my horizons and gobble up all the information I can about the do's and don'ts on SWRP Chaos, I wondered a bit on the subject of superweapons and an earlier discussion with [member="John Locke"] made me think: What exactly do we use to define a "superweapon" in Chaos?

Is it based on anything described in canon as superweapon is a superweapon? Or do we take a grain of salt with these "mentions" of superweapons, as over time in canon certain superweapons no longer seem viable for such a title? Or is it based on some scale of destruction potential?

I know this might've probably been asked before and I admit I am kind of too lazy to go through all the pages of questions and suggestions to find it (I know this isn't an excuse, but I pulled an allnighter here, so not exactly 100% sane xD), so if it has been asked/discussed before and you know the link...don't answer to this, just archive it and if you'd be so kind: send me the link via pm or discord xD

Again, sorry to possibly bother the veterans on this site and the staff who do their best to make this a fun and rich place to write.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Credius Nargath"]

Always good to find out where the boundaries are. Especially since there are so few and far between on an open sandbox site like Chaos. In this particular instance, this same question was actually posed last year as well.

I honestly think [member="Braith Achlys"] touched on the answer you're looking for in her response.

These two sections specifically are particularly apt:

Braith Achlys said:
We are not barring a specific kind of weapon, like a superlaser or galaxy gun, but rather the concept of a weapon which is so severely overpowered that it has been labeled under the category of 'Superweapon'.
Braith Achlys said:
  1. Is the weapon vastly overpowered?
  2. Does this weapon's use cause other writers to be unable to reasonably react to the weapon's use and potentially force damage upon their character, or otherwise pressure them into forcing damage upon their character?
  3. Does this weapon destroy any celestial objects? (See: Stars, Planets, Moons)
  4. Does this weapon force damage onto another writer, despite there being clearly stated rules on our site which prohibit such?
  5. Does this weapon "one-shot" the targets it is intended to be used on? i.e; A turbolaser which destroys capital ships in a single hit, or an ion cannon which disables an entire fleet in a single shot.
Questions, such as those above, are ones which you should ask yourself when determining whether something is or is not a superweapon. If you said yes to any of the questions above, and questions related to such, you are likely dealing with a superweapon.
I feel this is quite possible as close as we'll ever come to having a 'hard' definition for what actually constitutes a super weapon. Not exactly perfect, but this is Chaos. Nothing ever is.

If you still have questions regarding this, you're more than welcome to hit me up (or any of the other factory staff) via board messages or via the discord server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom