Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Jungle Partay (New Cov Temple, Jedi Welcome)

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I doubt they have anything to do with me. Just feels weird, y'know? Like I failed to help them when I should've." Not that it was her responsibility, especially as a Padawan. Grant it, she helped Thalia. But she couldn't help Corin or Kai? Her friends?

She sighed, frowning that much deeper. "Yeah. Hopefully Kai'll be fine."

Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

"Maybe if you did nothing to try and help, I'd say you played a role in their fall. But Force forbid you try to fix them. That's not your responsibility, girl," Starlin said, sensing that she already knew this to be true. But it couldn't stop her from feeling guilty. Starlin was familiar with the pain of watching a friend, someone you cared about, go down the wrong path. He had felt helpless to stop them. It had hurt.

"But it is more complicated than that. If anything, you feeling bad about your friends' downward spirals just means that you really do care about them. 'Cause, you know, when you love somebody, you want them to do the right thing more than anything else. 'Love is to will the good of the other' as the saying goes."

He looked down into the waters, watching the coin sink to the bottom. Maybe he should pay Kai a visit.

"I can see why Eli respected you so much. You're pretty wise, huh?"

Starlin guffawed. "I try!"

He was used to people dismissing him as a fool, not calling him a wise man. On the other hand, Silas Westgard Silas Westgard and Eli had both seemed to appreciate his advice, when he offered it. Maybe he should dole out advice more often.

"Well, I better head out." He palmed a pack of cigarras, placing an unlit cig between his lips. "Good luck with training Zak. He's a real wild one, from the looks of it."

BB-4001A

B
[ riptide ]​
"J-jeez. A little warning next time would be nice."

A bubbly laugh rolled from out of the Nautolan.

"Warning, water may be wet!" the Nautolan tossed back, the smile unmistakable in the voice even as he waded over toward the other boy. A hand extended out to help the boy to his feet if he wanted it.

"Do you know how to swim?" Zak asked. It seemed like a rudimentary thing. Nautolans learned how to swim before they learned how to walk, but these mouth breathers seemed to do everything backwards.

"I can teach you if you want."

byoo.png

New Cov, Jedi Temple
Tags: Zak Dymo, Iris Arani Iris Arani , Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

jalen_divider.png

"I can teach you if you want."

"I-I now how to swim," Jalen defended, reluctantly accepting Zak's hand, though it took him a minute to gauge how close it was to him. "I just... can't feel where I'm going."

He frowned for a moment, a skeptical look growing on his face. There was no way Zak had forgotten, right?

"You know..." he continued, "Because I can't see."

It was embarrassing to have to bring it up, but he sort of had to with Zak. He was never too sure how cognitive the Nautolan really was. The boy seemed to live in his own world. If only Jalen could do the same. A place to disappear to whenever he was stressed. His gaze shifted over to the present knights. One's aura was becoming fainter. Perhaps he was departing. Their was a faint hint of conflicting emotions in the air around them, though it was only that: faint. Another blip of static in the world around him that periodically prodded at whatever grey matter in his skull could feel the force. Life was the most distinct, often drowning out other things. To that end, Jalen really only had voices to rely on in conversation, like the enthusiastic tone of his roommate. Still, this momentary tangle of complexity left him perplexed, and he found his face glued to where he assumed this conversation had been happening.

"Whaddya thing they were talking about?" Jalen asked Zak, somewhat out of the blue.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Wild for sure." She bit back a laugh and a grimace as she glanced towards the Padawan's swimming in the fountain. Part of it was funny at least. She was now more hoping he wasn't making issues with Jalen. Though before Starlin wandered off she did reach out through the Force to pluck the cig away.

"Shouldn't smoke." Her wise tips for the day. She gave a small wave before turning back to the waters. Watching the Padawans in a mix of concern and that people watching thing other people did usually.

Just, she was watching their colors. It was nice to see them at peace.

Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Zak Dymo | Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

BB-4001A

B
"You know..." he continued, "Because I can't see."

"Bruh," the Nautolan remarked, gesturing to indicate both of his solid black eyes.

...which Jalen couldn't see.

Anyway.

"Once you're, like, 200 meters underwater it's pitch black," Zak stated in a very matter-of-fact tone. After all, he didn't know much. But he did know the ocean. "You just use your head-tails to..."

The boy stopped there, as his solid black eyes fixed on the other boy's head. Which were missing said head-tails.

Oh. Wait.

"That's not important,"
Zak remarked, demonstrating the verbal equivalent of an about face. As he stammered a moment, the Nautolan struggled to get going again. "The point is..."

Nope. Got nothing.

"...what was the question again?" the boy asked finally.

"Whaddya thing they were talking about?"

"I dunno," the Nautolan uttered with a shrug.

"Boring stuff prolly."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom