Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Journey to the Past

latest.png

Jonyna had spent the last few days training with her new sword, breaking it in. It was only natural to her, and testing what the Force allowed her to do was essential to keeping her edge. But now, she had a brain blast. It wasn't something she normally did. Giran or Zash were always the thinkers of the group. But now, she needed to find Master Noble. She still hadn't gotten the hang of the temple layout, and getting lost in the halls of the temple had practically become a past time for the Cathar, but this time she was looking with a purpose.

Her old base had been left abandoned for about 900 years, and yet...if it was still there, there'd be quite the treasure trove for Val there. A droid from before even her time. The Cathar hoped it was be useful for what was coming soon. She'd read in the news that expanding Sith Empire was on the move. Too many folks would write off such expansion in peace time, but Jonyna had seen it all before. She knew that it was only a matter of time before the Sith and the Jedi clashed once more. She wanted to be ready, and thus, she wanted Val to be ready. She was the master in charge of all this after all.

Now she just had to find her. It was getting late...

Valery Noble Valery Noble

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers
Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"Knight Si?" Valery asked when she spotted the Cathar walking down the hallways, clearly surprised to see her. It was getting quite late, and she looked like she was lost again. The Temple took time to really get a feel for, so she didn't blame the young woman for not knowing where everything was. But for her to be looking around for something or someone this late was still odd, so she figured she'd check it out.

"Is everything alright? Haven't lost your room, I hope?" she joked with a faint smirk. Valery had been on her way back to get a bit of rest too, before heading home later to be with her family.

Kahlil was cooking, the kids were home, and there was no early class scheduled tomorrow, so she could be up a little later to watch a show with her husband, or just do whatever she wanted. It was rare, but one of those things she looked forward to every time it was possible.

"Looking for you, actually. I realized I might have something that'll interest you from my time before I got frozen." Jonyna smiled at the sight of the master, nodding. "You don't happen to have a ship, do you? It's uh....gonna be quite the trek to get where I wanna show you. You know where the Daxam system is?"

One of the things she really lamented since being unfrozen was the loss of the Angel, where ever it was. It was home to her, and with it gone, she had no way back to her old rebel base.

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers

"Looking for me?" Valery blinked, and would have looked down at her watch if she was wearing one. It was quite late, so what made her look for her at this time? Not that it mattered, of course — she was more than happy to help at any time during the day, or even the night if it was necessary. "Hmm, that sounds interesting and my husband and I do have a light freighter we can use." The Bastion was always a favorite for them both.

"I've not heard of the system, but if it exists, we'll find it." She smirked a little and already began to walk towards the Hangar. "It'll be easier if it's on the map, though," she then added.

"Is this a very pressing thing? If there's time pressure, we'll have to be quick about everything."

"Not really? I just..." Jonyna furrowed her brow at the thought. "So, back during the imp era, me and my crew had a hidden base on a planet called Daxam II. On it, we had this droid, it uh...it was a gift from our mentor, Sylvar. We uncovered her tomb, and she gifted us her old astromech. But the thing is...he's never had a memory wipe, in 4000 years. He fought in the Great Sith War. If he's still there..."

The Base was so out of the way, she hoped no one would've ransacked it since. If they had, they'd be met with a rude awakening. A battle droid armed to the teeth and an astromech with knowledge beyond any thief's ability, she hoped. The galaxy was a strange place.

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers

Valery blinked.

An old base with an even older droid who had never gotten a memory wipe? The memory wipe wasn't really a problem to her — she never made BB-610 BB-610 get a memory wipe either. But for a droid to have survived for thousands of years was remarkable, and she wondered if so much time in isolation could have changed something about its behavior. There was only one way to find out, she supposed.

"Not often something's technically older than I am," Valery said with a chuckle. "But alright, let's get to the Bastion and we'll be there in no time." She then paused and hummed in thought for a moment. "Do you think we'll still be able to land there? Or will it not be that accessible after such a long time?"

For example, if there was a lot of nature around the base, it was likely overgrown at this point.

"We hid it in a cave that shouldn't have much growth in it." Jonyna nodded. "...the entrance might be, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem for a pair of jedi with lightsabers. Landing...I have no idea." Jonyna blushed as they walked. "We'd usually land inside the cave itself. If the entrance is overgrown, we'll be dealing with a planet completely overtaken by jungle..."

If they could uncover this base, there was plenty more to find. Her old X-wing, the Reaper....Sevs...

"...there is also one other complication. Before we left the last time, we set our battle droid we had recruited to guard the base...He's...not gonna be friendly to anyone he doesn't recognize...OH! Also, the locals are tribal. We may need to be cautious..."

Last edited:

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers

"We'll just have to wait and see when we get there, then," Valery said with a dip of her head. Some plants or trees in their way wouldn't be the worst, but it could slow them down. With locals being tribal and droids protecting the old base, it would all add up to a more difficult trip. But not a journey that scared Valery in the slightest.

She was more than ready to help her fellow Jedi with something like this.

"Well, I hope you're not tired. Sounds like this will be plenty eventful, hm?" She smirked, and guided the Jedi Knight to the Hangar, where the Bastion was already waiting and prepared for them. Valery didn't waste a second to lower the ramp, and headed into the familiar cockpit, where she sat down in the pilot seat.

Usually, it was Kahlil's seat, but not today.

"Alright, put the coordinates into the computer, and we'll be on our way."

Jonyna had to stare at the console for a moment. Numbers, numbers...

Come on Jonyna, remember what Amani taught you.

It took her a moment, but she got it.
"We'll have to enter the system a bit further out. The planet is dead center of the star's asteroid belt. Part of why we chose it. No space for Star Destroyers to hop into the system and bombard us."

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers

"That makes sense," Valery said, but right now, she almost wished Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble was here to pilot the Bastion. She had taken the controls countless times, but this ship had been with him for so long that he knew exactly how to connect with it. Getting the Bastion through an asteroid field would be easy to him, but a fun challenge to her.

She was ready for it.

...hopefully without denting it, or Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble would make her sleep on the couch.

"Alright, let's get going then." Valery smirked, brought the Bastion out of the Hangar and quickly got them up into space, from where she made the jump to Hyperspace. It would be a little bit of time traveling, so to pass the time, she turned to Jonyna and decided to ask some more questions.

"Is this going to be a difficult trip for you? I don't know how much time you spent there in the past, but I remember finding my old Enclave in ruins when I got out of stasis and... it wasn't easy."

She hadn't considered it. This would be the first time going 'home', for her. "...I think I should be good. Already went home to Cathar and had a good cry....still wondering if the Si name is still out there. I had 8 siblings, there's gonna be a bit of my bloodline out there somewhere, right?"

The Cathar idly stared out the front window of the ship as they took off and entered hyperspace. Her own impulsiveness hadn't really given her the chance to consider what else would be at the base. If the base hadn't been touched in 900 years, both the Reaper and the Starfire should still be there. She would miss the Angel and the Mad Dash...

"...I think I just miss my crew." She said absentmindedly. It only really now hit her. Her whole found family was gone. "My buddy Giran would practically be falling over himself at the sight of you. He was a padawan before the purge, only survived because his clone buddy had a malfunctioning chip in his head. Seeing someone like you or Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble ? That'd have him on his knees begging for more training. I don't think he'd need it though. He trained himself in every lightsaber style he could, all so the order could preserve the knowledge through him."

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers

"Yeah, you'd be surprised," Valery said with a chuckle. "My husband and I traveled to Keshi not long after the triplets were born, and we found Nobles still living there. Thousands of years after I was born." It was still crazy to imagine, but it also meant that the same could apply for Jonyna. It would likely just be more difficult for her to find her family.

The two then began their journey through hyperspace, which had Valery turn on the auto-pilot before she sat back and relaxed into her chair. She was focused on Jonyna, who she believed might need more guidance or just someone to talk to. Whether or not she had given all of this much time already, this trip would have some emotional weight to it.

Especially when they'd eventually reach the base.

"I can understand that feeling. I went through it as well, but I eventually learned to let the past go, and embrace the new people I met along the way. It's not easy, and you won't ever forget your old friends or crew members, but moving forward is important."

"Still working on that part." Jonyna sighed as she leaned back in her own chair. "It's just...what would you do if you got cryo'd again, and all of a sudden, you lost Kahlil? He was gone to the sands of time?"

It was a concept she was still struggling with. She'd lost both Giran, and it's entirely possible that Sevs was inoperable back on the base they were headed to. He was only a B1...

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers

"I... don't know," Valery admitted with a deep sigh, as she thought about Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble for a moment longer. What would she do if she ended up in stasis a second time? "My first time through stasis meant losing a lot of friends, but the bond I have with him is special. It goes far beyond my connections of the past. He's the first man I've ever fallen in love with, so being separated from him and the kids would..." she paused again and swallowed. "I think it'd break me."

Her family was her biggest strength, and nothing could ever come close to it. But losing them in any way was her biggest weakness as well, and one she was most afraid of.

"You'll get through this, though. No matter how tough it'll be," Valery said with a gentle, encouraging smile.

She smiled softly. "I think it helps that I met you first. The sight of a real life jedi master? That was a heck of a distraction from the dread of realizing I was in 'the future'." She snickered, making sure to do the finger quotations. "...I think that's been a lot of it. Distracting myself. I've spent...probably more time than I'd like to admit in the holocron archives just....doing research. Amani has been teaching me how to..." She paused, blushing slightly. "...read. I never had the chance back when I was on the run, so...it just kinda fell by the wayside. Speak 7 languages, can't read any of them."

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers

"I'm glad I could help, but I hope you don't feel like you have to always keep yourself distracted. Confronting the past is something that you'll have to do eventually," she said with a soft smile. "It's good that you're doing research though, and don't feel ashamed about not being able to read."

"You're doing your best to learn, and that's what matters most. A Jedi's path is that of an eternal student, and something you don't yet know, is just something new to be explored."
She grinned just faintly and turned her eyes back to her instruments, as it signaled something to her.

"We'll be arriving shortly. If you can point or tell me where to land, I'll bring us down."

Jonyna peered out the window, frowning slightly. "That's gonna be the hard part. I don't know where to land. Last time I was here was 900 years ago. The jungle should have overtaken any landing pads we had set up outside of the cave..."

As they exited hyperspace, the duo found their first obstacle. Jonyna wasn't lying when she said the planet was smack dab in the middle of an asteroid belt. As soon as they were out of hyperspace, Val was faced with a big rock careening towards them.

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers

"I'll find a spot to land then, don't worry."

With a smirk on her face, she soon pulled the Bastion from Hyperspace, only to run straight into the asteroid belt she had mentioned. Valery blinked, and immediately tapped into the Force to help navigate through it, rather than rely on her instruments. When done correctly, it was a far more precise way of flying, and it quickly showed. She was maneuvering her way through, seemingly without any issues at all.

But about halfway through, there was a loud band and the ship shook a little. Valery smiled sheepishly, knowing she had hit one asteroid, but the shields had absorbed the impact, so she said nothing and just kept on going.

"Can you try to find a clearing to land? Doesn't matter where, but the closer to our destination, the better."

Jonyna nodded, looking to to instruments as best she could. While none of the readings made sense to her, the holotable gave her a perfect way to scan the planet below. "...there! It's gonna be..." She paused, squinting at the numbers. "Looks like a 2 mile trek to the cave, but it's a clearing large enough where we won't have to worry about any ambushes by the locals or wildlife upon landing."

6941dc6f6b25e9eeb7e9525f9dd32b33.jpg

As the Bastion made it's entrance into the atmosphere, the tall spires of rock that littered the planet came into view, covered in thick green that crawled down the sides of the plateaus, only getting thicker as it leveled out into a near endless jungle that circled the planet up to the 65 degree point, leaving only swampland separating it's polar caps from the jungle and ocean.

As they came down, the endless noise of the jungle filled the air, a small stream flowing through the clearing that Jonyna had pointed to, while the roar of a beast off in the distance echoed through the wind, a raincloud covering the area with a light sprinkle. Nearby, a long forgotten Arquitens-Class Cruiser bridged two spires, having crashed long ago onto the pillars of rock, impaled by both.

"We'll have to be careful. The rain could pick up at any point, and Sylvar knows what else is out there..."

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsabers

"This place almost reminds me of home," Valery said as the Bastion came down through the atmosphere, and its jungles were exposed for the two Jedi to see. "But I've got a lock on that clearing, so let's get down there, hm?" Valery asked with a chuckle, as she slowly began landing procedures. Landing gear came down, engine power was reduced, and without the auto-pilot on to interfere, Valery brought them down onto the surface.

"I think we should avoid that ship wreck." She had seen it from above, but her scanners were still picking it up despite the interference from the jungle. "I don't know much about the locals, but it sounds like an easy source of shelter they might be using. Or even animals might, and I'd rather avoid confrontation as much as possible."

With a tap of a button, the ramp of the Bastion lowered, allowing them to step outside into the wilds. Valery quickly drew in a breath of fresh air and looked around. "I don't think this walk will be too bad, after all. We're both used to jungles, so we can move at a decent pace."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom