Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Journey Into The Spires Of Hell

"Where the bloody hell is the landing pad?" Josh whispered to his droid, R4-J6 as the Final Dragon made it's way through what the coordinates detailed as the Spires Of Hell. Getting to a spot, he found one which had landing pads everywhere.

"Well, this place sure looks like it's one that expects visitors... Once you find it" the Grandmaster snarked to himself as the YT began to land. As the ramp went down, he looked over at the droid, then began the walk down the ramp. As he reached the end, he nodded back toward the ship for some reason. After that, he began his march.

He had notified Ashin and Spencer ahead of time of his coming. His mind drifted back to the meeting from before and he let out a sigh. Here was to hoping this one would go a little more pleasantly. He was hoping that perhaps with less people and less conflicting personalities, he could talk to these two about the situation more peacefully.

To be honest, while he held respect for them both, he wasn't happy about the disrespect they had shown the Council, despite the tests they had thrown their way to see their prowess as a Jedi Master, as they both boldly claimed to be. This would be discussed, obviously. Whether they showed the behavior of a Jedi or would be arrogant and disrespectful though... Well, he supposed they would find out.

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] was free to think what he wanted of the Council's quote-unquote tests, which had mostly involved unveiling their own comprehensive hypocrisies and seeing how Ashin and Spencer reacted. Or seeing if they'd be willing to turn on people they considered family, after hearing ten minutes of just how much Ashin and Spencer considered the Fringers family.

Brilliant stuff.

Ashin's period of benevolence had passed, as had her moment of anger. Right now, and for the foreseeable future, she didn't give a crap about the Council, except insofar as they fit the category of 'proven threats to the worlds I defend,' right there alongside Mnggal-Mnggal and similar paragons of illumination and resolve.

The Spires of Hell, like most Celestial constructs, were mindbogglingly huge, but the Grandmaster's instincts had led him true. His landing spot was a gigantic balcony on the side of one ten-thousand-kilometre spire, somehow possessing gravity and air despite the lack of tangible force field or barrier. Insofar as Ashin knew humility, she acquired that knowledge by meditating here, and training generations of students here, in the shadow of infinitely greater achievements than hers.

The huge balcony was semicircular; one door led into the interior of the immense spire. No railing protected anyone or anything from a near-infinite fall. Ashin stood at the very edge, hands clasped behind her back, as the Grandmaster approached.

"I regretted inviting you people as soon as I said it," she said. "If you've come all this way, I hope you've brought something I can take seriously. But at least you've come alone.

"I feel contempt for half your Council, Grandmaster, but we both know I'm as much a hypocrite as any of them. The difference is that your Council claims to lead the Jedi -- the best attempt at objective good ever made in the history of civilization itself. But instead of holding each other to higher standards, or even the same standards as the rest of the Order...well, you know what beast you ride.

"Whereas, me? My job doesn't involve claiming to be the avatar of the will of the Force. My job involves killing monsters, and keeping the peace, to protect the worlds that nobody else has ever noticed -- the worlds where I grew up. My wife and I are Jedi second, and citizens first, and maybe that's the way it should be; it certainly was at several points during the Old Republic's tenure.

"Did you know that every leader of the modern Republic has left under some sort of cloud, Grandmaster? Rostu, gone. Saelari, deposed, Serifen, character assassinated. Halen, forced out. Teferi, murdered. Halcyon, raving warmonger as a leader, pure cancer as a follower. Watts lost faith in the Order. Wraith lost faith in the Order. Olra'en lost faith in the Order. Aleidis lost faith in the Order. Fool that I am, it took me until now to lose faith in the Order. Wraith's heir apparent Ravos lost faith in the Order, and took all the best Jedi of his generation with him. The Third Great Schism happened, and now your Order is made up of three kinds of people. The worthless ones, the ones who haven't figured out that the schism took place, and the ones who try very hard to make the Order measure up regardless of its flaws. I can respect that. I can respect what you're trying to do, the thankless and hopeless task you've set for yourself.

"But I promise you, Grandmaster, you'll burn out eventually, or be forced out. Just like everyone before you, and everyone after. I don't understand why the Republic is what it is, but I know I don't envy you. I came back to offer the only help I'm qualified to give -- the knowledge of the Five. That's still yours if you want it, if you're capable of learning it. Will it help with your current burden? Not really. But it is a promise that you can find peace someday."

Josh would find his way to stand face to face with @[member="Ashin Varanin"]. He didn't speak. The former Fringe leader seemed inclined to spew her rhetoric and do all the talking for them. It was a shame, really, of the words she gave. He had come under promise of peace. Of civility. In return, she brought hostility, arrogance... While he had wanted to bring acceptance, civility, a bit of friendly advice...

It was funny, actually. That she called herself a Jedi, yet her "Family" that she served dearly was filled to the brim with darksiders like Shinju, who preyed on the weak, killed children for sport... It was sickening really, the people that Ashin associated herself with. But something she forgot the Jedi embodied was forgiveness, the potential to overlook something like her associations... It was something often taken for granted. Yet if they stopped doing so, they would be hated, called "Not True Jedi" and even "Warmongers". It just seemed to be the hip thing no matter what they did.

It was a shame, really, that she decided to act like that before he could say a word. But some people liked to do things in different ways...

There was a little light in the dark though. The recognition of the work even if hopeless, the offer... It made him smile a little bit that there was a small light in her hurricane of insults toward his work and the Order.

"If that's what you want" he said calmly, shaking his head as he looked over at the woman, a small smirk crossing his face.

"That window had a family, you know"

Jokes. Not something you'd expect in this type of situation. But that was how the Grandmaster was. He could look death in the face and laugh, he could have a beer with a dark sider and crack jokes as if they were his best friend. Maybe he was too kind? It was something he knew some Jedi disliked about the Grandmaster. Full of compassion, a lively spirit, a willingness to forgive and talk to anyone if it was warranted. Where was the strictness? The passionate hunt for the dark side? Ah, the Jedi Master was becoming more and more serious by the day, he knew that... His strictness would come in times of business. But he knew his behavior wouldn't change when it was needed. Compassion for all life was a part of who he was. Willing to give anyone a chance if they warranted it... That was him.

"Before you go on anymore about how bad my Order is and how bad of a job I'm doing, how my work is useless and all that chitchat and a bag of chips, sweetheart... I figured I might as well get this out there. I came here because I wanted to tell you something to your face, without other influences, without emotions running high like the plague"

He looked out, as if Spencer would be there somewhere.

"Your wife" he said calmly, yet firmly. "All she wanted was to come home. I had the intention of telling her, before you oh so kindly disrespected my Council, grabbed her and smashed through our window, which is quite an expensive repair by the way since we're not exactly a major governing body that brings in millions of credits... That she was welcome. When I look at Spencer, I see a Jedi Master, Ashin. I see someone who carries the respect and compassion for all life, a respect for others, to be a true Jedi Master. And she will always be welcome to return to the Order if she wishes"

"You..." he began, and sighed. "You're a powerful Force user, sure. You have the makings of a Jedi Master in stature. But... What about the respect for others, the respect for all life? The humility and compassion and loyalty to the light side of the Force that makes a Jedi? When I saw you at the meeting, Ashin... I saw arrogance. Disrespect. Disdain for everyone around you. Contempt. Your exit was a bold exclamation of that"

His words came in like daggers. While remaining civil, he didn't mince a single word. Respect for her and Spencer or not, he had no intention of telling them what they wanted to hear... He was going to speak his mind, and speak his heart.

"Two Fringers, the former Sith Empress and her 2nd... Barged into our Temple and made a public spectacle, claiming to be Jedi Masters. If the situation had been reversed.... If me and say, Phyllis, barged into your headquarters and saying we were Fringe Masters or whatever you call yourselves at the highest level. Offering teaching and enlightenment to your students... Possibly to influence them with Jedi teachings and court them with taints you would rather not have... How would you feel? And what then, if you decided to... Say, humor us. Yknow, get us a meeting with your leadership thinking "Okay, we'll look at these guys. Maybe they're sincere? Maybe they wanna bring something to the table for the Fringe?" and then one of us, say... Phylis, is respectful. She was a Fringer a long time ago, let's say, as a student. She got courted away to the Jedi because she didn't agree with something one of the councillors in the Fringe had wanted her to do. Now she wanted to come home. Okay, great, she wants to come home, sure, right? Oh, but then I step up. You test me, see if I have the chops, to see if I'm sincere, to see if I can represent your organization as a leader and a Master... But one offhand comment by one of your leaders, and I go ballistic. I go on a tirade. I talk a load of poodoo about you guys, I disrespect and talk about how I despise half of you. I start running down your leaders one by one, especially the ones I hate most. And then before you can... I don't know, try and be peaceful with me, try and be civil with me, before you can get another word in, I grab Phylis, I suddenly start flying, and then I crash through your window, costing you thousands of credits because I'm too disrespectful and selfish to listen to a damn word you say, all because I didn't like what one of you said. And then you decide to meet us somewhere, okay, talk civil, be peaceful. No corrupting influences, no council to say something that might set me off. And then before you can say a word, I start running you down. I start talking about how your Order is corrupt, you're full of crap, and any bit of work you do to fix it is hopeless. Oh, but I respect the work you're doing, and I'm offering you a little something. That makes it all better. Certainly. Right"

He sighed. "Put yourself in my shoes, Ashin"

He looked down at himself, then corrected himself. "Boots"

"How would you feel if I'd gone and done that?" he asked, calmly, yet firmly.

"Now, since you never let me get a word in... Let me answer what you've spoken of.

"You regret inviting me here, alright. That's fair. I don't regret coming here because I'm respectful enough to come and speak to you peacefully without losing my poodoo, breaking things and running off like a spoiled little schoolgirl because I didn't like something you said. Sure, was I met with hostility and insults and verbal barrages? Fine. But I'm still here, aren't I? I've already shown you more respect and honesty in five minutes then you've shown me or my council that entire meeting"

He started to pace a bit, but never kept his eyes off the woman who he would refer to more as a Fringer, for to him, she was no Jedi... She hadn't proven that to him, or the Order.

"While some of us lead differently then others, we adhere to every type of Jedi. Do I like the way some of my Council acts? Hell no. But for every member of that Council, there is a score of Jedi that act just like them. Syn? Aggressive? He goes into business for himself a lot. I personally filed for his dismissal when he started to overstep his boundaries. Daella, overserious, no compassion, a merciless dark side hunter. I don't like how they do things, but I respect them, and I know there are Jedi that act just like them. They have a voice, and through Syn and Daella, they have that voice. Each one of us represents an aspect of how other Jedi act and do things. That is leading the Jedi. Sure, you have other opinions, but that's your opinion, and this is mine"

"And yet... You are civilians first, Jedi second... And you spent years doing nothing but making things miserable for those civilians you claim to be. Miserable for the Jedi you claim to be. No matter how you spin it, you were the Emperor of the Sith. You were the leader of an organization committed to nothing but enslaving races, dominating civilizations, and making the world to be what you want it to be. That will never be forgotten, and no matter how you spin it you've been the opposite of a civilian, opposite of a Jedi... Meanwhile, us "warmongers", us Jedi that you disrespect and namecall and insult... The majority of us have dedicated our lives to protecting civilians and the galaxy. We didn't give into our own desires and join the people who sought nothing but glory and control for themselves... We continued our fight, we stayed on this path and never looked back. When you talk down on us, you're insulting the people who have dedicated their lives, no matter what, to protect the civilians like what you falsely claim to be"

"And yeah. I know what has happened to leaders of the past. Will I eventually get ousted, Ashin? Yeah. Most likely someone's going to have enough of the joking, compassionate Jedi that doesn't think one bit for himself, and instead devotes himself entirely to the Order and it's Jedi. I'm not Selena Halcyon. I'm not overserious 24/7, with an iron fist leading the Order to the battlefield to get the Republic to prominence and squash everything in our way. I'm not Je'gan, I don't believe in the death penalty. I'm not overly strict, I'm not hateful of every being that has ever come in contact with the dark side. And if anyone in that Jedi Order should be aggressively hunting every member of the dark side and executing every single one of them mercilessly, it should be me. My whole life has been shaped around what darksiders have done to me. I have every right to hunt down and execute everyone that even associates or looks at the dark side funny. But I don't. And people don't like that. I'm not Darron Wraith. I'm not overtough, I'm not a vaapad master. I don't run this Order like Selena, Je'gan, or Darron. And as much as I hate to say it, I'm not @[member="Ben Watts"] either. I idolize the man. I love him, he was my role model, he to me was the golden equivalent of a real Jedi. He was who I strived to be. I tailored myself around Ben because I wanted to serve this Order the best way possible, and in my eyes that was the way Ben did things. But that's the problem. I'm not Ben Watts. I will never be Ben Watts. And I handle things different then Ben Watts. And people can't accept that. Some people liked how Selena did things. Some liked how Je'gan did things, how Darron did things, how Ben did things... I'm not them. And people are going to disagree with how I operate and how I represent and serve and steer the Jedi Order. And that's okay. I understand that. I try to cater to Jedi of all kinds the best I can. But I'm not a perfect man, Ashin. I'm not the perfect Jedi. If I could be, I would and I would serve this Order for the next thousand years loyally and diligently until my body couldn't handle it anymore. And the thing is, eventually someone's going to get tired of me. Some way, somehow, someones going to push me out of that seat. And I understand that. My time will come, one day... But that day isn't today. And instead of being a negative nancy about my future, I'm going to focus on the present. Instead of depressedly counting the days, I'm going to count every single day that I am the Grandmaster of this Order as a blessing. I am going to bust my ass to bring this Order back to prominence with every little bit of my being because even if things like grim, even if things haven't been the same since the Selena Halcyon Reign, I BELIEVE in this Jedi Order. I BELIEVE in our code, I BELIEVE in the things we do for this galaxy and it's people. There's something I once told Tallia, a good friend of mine..."

"This has been my life since as long as I can remember. It's what I've been trained for and it's what I've lived for. But you don't realize you've made the right choice until you look into the eyes of the people you've helped, the lives you've improved and saved. When you realize you've made a difference, that.... Is the moment that you know that everything was worth it. Every inch of pain and suffering, every wound, every scar... It's all worth it when you see the results of your actions"

"That's the thing, Ashin... No matter what any naysayers will say, no matter how doomed and hopeless you tell me this goal is... I will serve as Grandmaster, serve this Order, not myself... I will bust my hump for the Jedi Order as it's Grandmaster until I can't breathe anymore... Which means one thing"

He looked her dead in the eyes.

"That for my relentless pursuit to bring the Jedi to prominence, to bring them to a golden age again where we are a unified unit, fully dedicated to our jobs, our goals and the true meaning of what it is to be a Jedi... For that to stop, you have to either somehow oust me... Or kill me"

As those last words were said, it was like there was a cold chill in the air... The determined, fierce look the Grandmaster was giving the former Fringe Arbiter told her that he meant every word...

"I don't care if you think we can't do this... If you think we will never be the same again after Selena's reign... I can't promise you I will. I'll be lying if I did, and lying isn't something that Joshua Philip DragonsFlame does. But that's not stopping me from trying. That's not stopping me from pursuing it... I will go until my body can't do it anymore, until I am physically and mentally incapable of leading this Order into it's future... And even then, when I am physically and mentally dried out... You'll have to kill me to make me give up my dream of seeing this Order be fruitful again, to be the protectors of this galaxy, and not have to deal with all this CRAP"

He took a breath then. He'd let out every bit of what he was feeling, every bit of his mind... He'd told her everything. He'd been upfront and honest. Whether she liked it or not, it didn't matter. He was passionate about his work, passionate about what he believed in, and he would give everything for the Jedi... And he had.

He looked down. "Eventually, I'll die... Someone will take my please. The wheel will keep turning. I'm just a spoke on the wheel, Ashin. Just as you were, and likely after this will be a spoke on the wheel for the Fringe. Both entities will continue to exist when we pass on into the Force. People may not even remember our names thousands of years from now. But glory, name, fame... That's not what I'm here for. I'm Grandmaster because that Jedi Council trusted ME to make a difference. And that is exactly what I am dead set on doing"

He brushed the hair from his face as he looked at Ashin again. "Your offer... I've thought about it" he said, allowing himself to take a breath and relax.

"I've... I've considered the idea of learning the knowledge of the Five. It appeals to me, I'll admit. And if you will honor me with that I will gladly take your offer whenever it is you see fit to have me go and take it's trials"

"For now... Back to the topic at hand. Personally, I would like to see you and Spencer back in the Jedi, if you remember the friendly advice I gave to you earlier about your behavior and the way you act around others. Spencer passes that, but you two are a boxed set and I understand that. And after your statement, I see it likely that you probably won't return to the Order. We don't adhere to your standards, after all" he said calmly, smiling sadly.

"If you do change your mind, Ashin... Just remember my words. We are willing to forgive, and accept... That's who we are. It's something that people take for granted. But if we stopped... Well, you would hate us more then you do now" he said calmly, chuckling slightly.

"Is there anything else you would like to speak of, Ashin? I've said my piece, you've said yours... You don't want to rejoin the Jedi, that's fine with me. Are we done here, or do you have something else to speak of, or do you plan to call the Fringe and have me massacred or....?"

The last bit was a joke, obviously. After he'd gotten everything off his chest, he seemed to be back to the docile and friendly Jedi Grandmaster that he had come to this meeting intending to be. But he was in no wish to stay here for longer then he had to be. Trust was obviously low between the two, as much as he hated knowing that.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Spencer had kept to herself after they had plummeted out of the council window. She was tired of people denying her the place she wanted to be, because of this she finally gave up going home and accepted that where she was now was going to be home. Frustration was all she felt and she usually let it out on a video game which she was playing right at the moment. Ashin had been near her watching perhaps, but when the woman moved she noticed. This made her pull off her headset and visor and put them on the floor. Slowly pulling a cloak around her, she followed Ashin to the balcony.

It was there that Spencer noticed the Grand Master had paid them a visit, looking down at the man she raised an eyebrow wondering if he had come to continue to test them or to remind them that his council had denied their return. She had arrived in time and her blonde hair whipped about her face. Still she was able to see him and hear him. He used the idea of him and another to come to their door asking for shelter and to belong. Spencer frowned slightly as she looked at him and decided to answer this scenario.

“You would be accepted, of course you wouldn’t be leading an army until the faction felt you were ready, but above all you would be accepted. Knowledge is something I and many of the Fringe value. The Knowledge of the Force, learning it and everything about it is a teaching I’ve passed down to my students and what I’ve been taught from @[member="Ashin Varanin"] and my other tutors. You would be allowed to teach, because here we are about family, about defending each other, and loyalty. I failed to see that in the Republic and the Order.”

Spencer wrapped her cloak tighter around her as she looked towards the sky, this was a place she wasn’t too fond of, but here is where she belonged and knew finally that this was home.

“We didn’t enslave races, I stood by Ashin and helped keep things to the least amount of bloodshed. Yes there were deaths, I couldn’t save everyone Grand Master, but in the end we did what was best for the planets that were brought into the Empire. I have pacified villages, controlled the minds of a parliament to turn against a horrid dictator, and I helped diplomatically convince a King to look at the safety of his planet and without a shot fired I expanded the Empire’s territory. Before commenting on the ruthlessness of the Empire - look first at who was leading and what they did under their reign. We did the best we could to keep order within the Sith, in the end we were betrayed because that is the cycle that happens there. I told you before in the council room, I was the Empress’ second, but she never trained me nor made me into a Sith. Ashin had her reasons, but she was never a monster.”

Sighing softly, she once again brushed her bangs from her face, “Your council judged us before we entered the room, it was a losing situation and their comments made no sense coming from Jedi Masters. When I was a padawan, I was taught understanding and acceptance - not punishment and remorse...I am at a loss what to think about your council members Grand Master, but because you reached out to us - you have regained some of my respect. As for returning to the Order - what punishments has your council come up with or with what restrictions are we to have on us if we decide to return? I'm not a wild animal that needs to be retrained and muzzled @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"].”

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

"I'm glad you flew fifty thousand light years to get that off your chest. But if you flew fifty thousand light years just to talk at me, did you, by any chance, have a clue what you expected to accomplish with that diatribe? I told your Council the truth because I had the opportunity, and because yes, disdain for the worthless who claim righteousness really is ingrained that far into my heart. But when I came to Coruscant, I sure didn't fly fifty thousand light years to make a few worthless people look in a mirror.

"If you took the last ten minutes to tell me that Spencer could have had an in, could have gone back, could still go back -- look, I just said those words in five seconds flat. Presumably, if that whole thing was meant to get me to...what, allow? Allow Spencer to come back to the Jedi? I don't make those decisions for her. She and I are connected; leaving was her decision as much as mine. If she wants to listen to you again, or maybe accept an apology on behalf of your Council, that's her call to make.

"And one more thing, just one. You have no idea what sacrifice is. You have no idea what I've done to keep these worlds, my homeworlds, safe from trash like the Ebruchi, the Eickarie, and the Jedi Council. If you were called upon to sacrifice your soul, and the good opinion of every good person you knew, maybe then you'd understand. If the only way you could save billions of lives was to ensure that everyone thought you were evil, that you'd never be thanked or honored for your sacrifice, but feared instead -- that's not me asking for pity or respect. That's me telling you that you have no idea what you're talking about, and as far as I'm concerned you just wasted a fifty thousand light year tank of gas when you could have sent a postcard.

"I'll support any decision Spencer makes, but you and your people have made it abundantly clear that these worlds will never be safe from you. So I'll stay here, to protect them from you and everything else. Mnggal-Mnggal, Ebruchi, Abominor, Jedi Council -- doesn't matter to me what monster I'm fighting."

Shaking her head, she turned and left Spencer and the Grandmaster to their talk. She would, of course, remain nearby, inside the spire and out of sight. Trusting Jedi hadn't worked out so well in the past.

He shook his head. "Because instead of throwing a fit, I felt I'd give you the courtesy of telling you the truth to your face and allowing you to get a word in instead of leaving and breaking things the second I said it" he said calmly, letting out a sigh.

"Spencer's choice is hers... I don't make that decision for her, nor do you. I didn't come here to convince either of you. I came to tell you the truth from the heart in a peaceful situation with three people who generally aren't violent or prone to attack. Was it a long fly here? Sure. Do you think it was a waste? Fine, that's your opinion, I'll keep mine. If Spencer wants to return, or if she wants to stay here... That's her freedom. She's not a slave, she's an independent human being. I accept that"

"And... Maybe I haven't had the same amount of sacrifice as you have. I can't change that right this instant. I can't change the past or the present, only the future. All I know is... I believe the Jedi, and even the Republic, MOST times... Are doing the right thing, and protecting the freedom of these people from those that seek to destroy it. I've sacrificed my entire life for this cause, and while I can't change the fact I haven't been able to sacrifice as much as you have in the 16 years I've been a Jedi... Instead of complaining about comparisons, psads and how much sacrifice I've made compared to others... I'm going to keep sacrificing. Because my sacrifice makes a difference to others, even if people look at me like a fool, a young man wasting his life to protect and help prosper a cause he believes in, even if things like bleak"

He watched as she left, and Spencer took her place... He gave a nod in respect to @[member="Spencer Jacobs"], listened as she spoke. He smiled, faintly. He didn't expect her to return to the Order. No matter what Ashin said, they would be a unit. He kind of admired that, how closely knit they were. It reminded him of his past relationship, and how close he was with Sao... Even if they couldn't reach the level these two did in their short time together.

"Ah, Spencer... We have always been a family. The Republic, the Jedi... Even if we sometimes have differing opinions, we are still a united family. We look out for one another, no matter what"

"As for your exploits while a member of the Sith Empire... Aye, you may not have felt you were a Sith at heart, but even if your intentions were apparently just, I didn't see it. Maybe it wasn't even from you, who knows. All I have to look to are archives, holocrons, and the scars that line along my body"

He sighed. "You personally... We have no real reason to restrict you. If you truly, justly, sincerely wish to just return home, I believe you. If you do your part as a Jedi Master, and are as loyal to the Order as the other Jedi Masters... I personally see no issue with you, and over time neither will the Council as you prove yourself to them that you are as sincere as you say. With all the betrayal and backstabbing we've dealt with the last few years, I'm not surprised if my Council are a little suspicious. Our own Grandmaster even turned tail and disappeared when the chips were on the table"

"Ashin meanwhile..." he said, looking over at her. "Same goes for her. Talk the talk, walk the walk... Be a true and loyal Jedi Master, we'll accept you as a true and loyal Jedi Master. That's all I'd want" he said. "Restrictions would only come if either of you prove to be.... Less then trustworthy. Anything from there is safety precautions to protect our family" he said.

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"]

After @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"], @[member="Ashin Varanin"], and @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] had begun their long-winded talks, another shuttle descended upon the balcony. Its small size permitted it to land with ease without endangering Joshua’s ship or those on the platform.

A ramp extended from the ship as its metal belly opened. A woman with a green cloak and hood marched out. Her steps rang out into the air. Once off the ramp, she stopped for a moment and pulled down her hood - revealing Daella to the group. She had no spoken during the previous long-winded Council meeting where Ashin had invited the entire Council to go to the Spires of Hell.

Immediately Daella looked at Joshua. She said nothing yet, at least not until he addressed him.

Then, Daella turned her head to Spencer - whom she fought against on O’reen. Ashin had already begun to walk away. Daella waited for those remaining to say the first word.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Daella Apparine"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

As Ashin was already limping away, her gimer stick tap-tapping on the balcony, the wind caught some of the Grandmaster's words, more as she drew closer to the spire's wall. She paused at the door, squinting back at the figure that emerged from the small Jedi ship. With a shrug more mental than physical, she vanished through the ancient, battered door; it shut behind her. Her telepathic attention remained on Spencer's state of mind, through their Force bond.

Josh's eyes darted to Daella as she approached. He sighed. He had a bad feeling about this.

"Perhaps it is best I take my leave. I've said all I need to, and I have a feeling that things are going to get ugly if I persist. Speak with her if you wish, I will not interfere. Maybe talking to each member of the Council one by one will allow you all to understand each other, I don't know"

He brushed his hair from his face. "It's good seeing you well, Spencer. Give my regards to Ashin" he said as he turned, all senses on high alert. He nodded at Daella as he passed, putting a hand on her shoulder as he stopped for a moment.

"Be careful" he warned simply. "I know your stance on former and current darksiders, Master Apparine. I don't want to lose you" he said, giving a sad smile before walking off. He would quickly board his ship, and the ramp would quickly go up after him. As soon as he was on-board, the astromech would send the ship into the air and speeding off into space.

Josh sighed as the Final Dragon shot into hyperspace. As the blue and black familiarity came around the windows, Josh looked at a figure in the ship and smiled a bit.

"It went well enough" he assured the figure. "Hopefully Master Apparine can handle herself, and won't cause harm to herself or others in this instance"

(I'm exhausted, so this is my out. XD)

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]
@[member="Daella Apparine"]

Spencer frowned slightly, she wasn’t fond of the two Masters talking as if she wasn’t there or as if she was something to try and convince. It was apparent where she would go despite what Josh had said, her place in the galaxy was along side Ashin no matter if they walked the path of darkness or the path of light - her loyalty would remain the same. Turning her head, she watched as her Master moved away shutting the doors. She knew the woman was finished, she was finished the moment they had decided to jump out the window. Spencer turned her attention back towards the Grand Master and now @[member="Daella Apparine"].

“When a shepherd loses one of his sheep, he searches and searches, once he either finds the sheep or the sheep finally returns to him he rejoices and accepts the lost sheep back to the flock. You claim to want to trust us, but I do not see where trusting us and the request of coming clean with what we know of the Fringe became the same thing. If you had come to the Unknown Region looking to join I would never request you to hinder the safety of the Republic. Instead of passing judgment on us, I suggest looking at your colleagues with the same vision you’ve used on us. Once you’ve done that, you’ll find the hypocrisy and the ignorance that you’ve surrounded yourself with. You could be a great leader @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"], but if you continue to surround yourself with people who shine a bad light upon you - well force help you for the wise will destroy you and the idiocy that is most of your council.”

Alone, yet not as alone as she would seem, Spencer shifted slightly on the balcony. The woman whom she had gone to the Order in search for stood there. Something drew Spencer to her, if it was the will of the Force then so be it. They had a conversation to finish and Spencer knew it needed to be done. With a slight nod of her head, she showed respect to one of the few council members she did respect. She had spoken while Josh was leaving and wondered if the Grand Master had heard her warning. Either way, she had another guest to entertain...

“Master Apparine, you took my Master’s invitation as well it seems. How can I help you?”

Before @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] addressed Daella, the Jedi Master managed to hear the end of the conversation.

As @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] left, Daella simply bid him farewell with a flat, “May the Force be with you.

With the departure of Joshua though, Daella’s attention fully settled on Spencer. Even after the woman asked her question to Daella, the Jedi Master remained silent. Her eyes drifted downward for a moment as if searching for an answer. Over half a minute passed.

Then, Daella looked back up once again. Spencer and Daella’s eyes were almost level - yet the Jedi kept her chin high.

Forget what anyone else has said. I simply want to know right now: do you want to be a Jedi?” asked Daella.

The question was straight to the point, there was no fluff around it and that's what she expected from @[member="Daella Apparine"]. Leaning on the balcony she peered down towards the Jedi Master, there was a bit more respect for this one - former opponent and the like. A simple question required a simple answer and thus Spencer gave it.

"Its not merely wanting it Master Apparine, I am a Jedi - though compared to the box your fellow councilmen wish to put me in - then no I wish not to be a Jedi on those terms. Its sad I see no Jedi on the council, minus yourself, Master Dista, and Master Grayson."

Immediately after @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] gave her answer, Daella replied, “Then why do you remain here?

Speaking with a louder voice, Daella told Spencer as her right arm slowly gestured to the side, “A Jedi submits entirely to the Order and Republic. One must abandon all personal desire and attachments from before. Begin again.

Then, Daella stretched her right arm up toward Spencer - who stood on the balcony - and commanded, “If you are so willing to serve once more, then cast aside the pride and ties that bind you here and follow. That is all you need to do to begin the path of redemption."

"I remain here, because I am needed and this is where my wife is" Spencer paused for a moment, Daella reminded her of another Jedi from her past and with that she stood on the balcony and headed over the edge. Using the Force to guide herself down, the force leap caused her to land softly against the ground below the balcony. Standing now on the same level as Daella she tilted her head to the side questioning the request. Arms folding in front of her she remained in front of @[member="Daella Apparine"].

"Cast aside my attachments and personal desires? What exactly are you talking about? I have given everything for what was built here and the Unknown Region. I have given up so much to follow and to learn, all I have Master Apparine is Ashin and what we have created here."

Lowering her head for a moment steel eyes still on @[member="Spencer Jacobs"], Daella curtly replied, “Deny yourself and follow.

For another moment, Daella paused as she righted her head once more to continue, “Let go of everything you fear to lose. This place, your... wife, all of it. Submit your will to that of the Order and put no other before it. To be a Jedi demands no less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom