Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jon Colleroy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akio Diachi

For it was All but a Dream
george-clooney.jpg

Image Cred
Name: Jedi Master Jon Colleroy
Loyalties: NPC companion for Akio Diachi
Role: The Force Ghost to teach Akio Diachi on the ways of the Force
Development Threads: Here
Age: Died at 80, now a Force ghost for much, much longer.
Species: Hapan
Force Sensitivity: Yes, Jedi Master
Appearance: See Image above. Also… he’s a Force Ghost.
Personality: Jon is a very reasonable, amiable person. He is wise, kind, and very strait forward. He has retained a lot of his previous graces from his time as a Jedi Consular. He is disciplined, though easy-going and has the type of voice that one could listen to for hours on end.
Weapon of Choice: Generally reasoning; since his long duration as a Force Ghost, Jon has lost his ability to affect the material plane.
Wealth: None
Combat Function: Generally, All Jon could do is stand by the one who bears his soul stone (see below for description) and give advice, however he would rather not do this, since he would rather not distract.
Skills:
- Saber combat, knight level. Largely worthless except for training threads since he cannot wield a saber.
- Force Imbuement. Good for training threads, since he cannot affect the material plane, not much else.
- “Garden variety” Force skills ((Telepathy, push, pull, Force speed)) that are common to Jedi. However, as stated prior, these largely are just head knowledge and are only of use for the conveying of information in training.
Notable Possessions: he's a Force Ghost

Other Notes:
Jon was a Hapan Jedi during the foundational years of the Jedi. He was one of the first masters to learn to enchant objects with the light side of the Force. For several decades the Force prolonged his youth and life as he fought for peace and harmony in the galaxy, as well as the times he made Force-enhanced swords and other similar tools for the Jedi to be guardians of peace and justice. But that was not to last; Jon fell in love with a woman named Mary. The pair eloped, when the Order found out the two Jedi had done this, they were expelled. It did not matter how much good they had done, only that they were breaking what was considered Code. The pair traveled the stars, looking for where they Force wanted them to settle down, however nowhere seemed quite right until they found Kinooine. The married couple set up a hermits life in a cave within a canyon on the surface. As their lives drew to a close they felt their purpose was not spent in the Universe. At last they passed on and waited for thousands of years, watching other beings live their live out until they were discovered by Akio Diachi and Stardust.
[SIZE=11pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] To assist in training threads for the Force, dev threads for gear, someone to help show Akio’s character by interpreting his cryptic sayings[/SIZE]

[member="Akio Diachi"]

So there a few problems with this submission as I see it:
  • Your dev thread needs to be a minimum of 25 posts, and I also have a slight problem with it as this NPC Force Ghost doesn't appear until the 13th post. He needs to appear in each post for me to count it as enough development
  • Force Alchemy is not a power a Jedi would want to know, as alchemy is a dark side power. Force Imbuement was the chosen technique for light siders. I'm also very wary of letting this through as its such a special skill and should really be taught by a PC Master
  • Battlemind is once again a technique that is more dark side focused and is considered quite rare and I'm very wary of letting this one through as it is also a power I feel should be learned from a PC Master
  • Soulstone ... how exactly would this work? A true Jedi would never ever ever keep their soul attached to the material realm in anyways. That is the purview of the Sith as has been stated in multiple books, games, and TV episodes. As there is also nothing on the wiki detailing anything close to this, I'm going to ask for you to come up with a different way that your Force Ghost is present.
  • Exactly what era is this Force Ghost from? If it is the foundation years of the Jedi, that would mean roughly 26,000 BBY and the Sith would not be present yet as the Sith Order was not founded until roughly 6900 BBY when the Dark Jedi conquered the Sith of Korriban and Ziost.
I'm going to be honest here, I'm very wary of letting this one through as it feels like this is simply a way for your character to get easy access to two rather powerful skills in alchemy and battlemind (which only Mace Windu and Ludo Kressh are noted as knowing).

Akio Diachi

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Ok, edits made. Removed Battlemind, changed "Alchemy" to "Force Imbudment." I apologize, I thought Battlemind was a lot more common, and that Force Imbudment and alchemy were pretty close to one and the same. Honestly, I plan on this character learning every skill the hard way; through dev threads to build his story arc. I will work with the co-writer of that thread on adding 12 more posts today and tomorrow with Jon. Since that would add up to a total of 25 posts with him in it, when we finish would that it still be applicable as a dev thread?

Akio Diachi

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

I am currently waiting for the other writer to reply to the thread. If you would like to give it a read through and tell me what you think so far then feel free. :)

Akio Diachi

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Sorry back-ish from an LOA today. You can just archive the sub, the other writer has decided that they are not interested in finishing the thread and I will just find other masters/new plans to teach Akio the skills I want him to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom