Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Job Opportunity]

Having been a mercenary himself for quite a while, it felt strange to the young boy as he walked through the streets of Coruscant. In his hand, was a datapad, containing a list of several members of the famous Mercenaries Guild. There were many capable hunters on the pad, one even being the prey he seeked. A small, lowkey cantina was nearby, it being a rather local place for contractors and their employees to meet. One picture that interested him on the datapad was that of [member="Iris Tyrad"], the teenager's yellow eyes recognizing the man he had rescused aboard the contaminated space station. With a turn of his body, his direction would alter, heading into the dirty cantina. It was filled with smoke, and other unpleasant scents, as well as some nasty looking stains on the wall.

Approaching the bar counter, the boy would take a seat, the bartender rushing forward to examine him. Seeing as he was far below the age of alcohol consumption, the worker would begin to open his mouth, open to complain. However, with a flash of his flaring pupils, the man would back off, resuming his work. Hopefully Ballen-Ist would be able to find the man he seeked.

Iris Tyrad

A man with no friends, only live for revenge
It had been an uneventful day for Iris, like most of his recent days in Coruscant. It mostly consisted of sitting in his ship, and getting wasted at bars, which he was doing right now.

He was sat at his own table at the far corner of the room, he had a good view of the whole room, incase anything would happen. His iconic afro was held back in a loose ponytail, and therefore it wouldn't be as easy as normal to spot him amongst the crowd. Like most of his visits to Coruscant he was looking for work, over the past year it seemed like he constantly needed money.

[member="Ballen-Ist"] walked into the bar as Iris took a gulp of his Whiskey, the burning sensation travelled down his throat as his eyes followed the Sith to the bar. Iris recognised him, just Iris couldn't remember where he'd seen him before.

The ominous glow of the boy's yellow eyes would fade from sight as they shut, his red skinned lids slowly dropping over them. Remaining still at his stool, his arms would be still at his side, the boy's mind slipping into a deep meditative trance. The cantina was rather packed, many different individuals walking back and forth from the counter that served drinks, and many other things under the table. None of this interested the boy, it being made obvious as the barkeep did his best to work around the cloaked boy. As he was silent, the teenager reached out with the force, allowing him to become attuned almost everything that was going on in the room. Lifting from his seat, Ballen-Ist would begin to walk through the tabled isles, his gaze darting from side to side. Eventually, his attention would become averted to [member="Iris Tyrad"]. Sitting down at the bench opposite of the mercenary, placing the datapad down silently. "Iris Tyrad. Greetings."

Iris Tyrad

Looking across the room towards the bar, Iris had started to drift off into a daydream. He was only brought back into reality when the Sith, the same one he had seen approaching the bar less than 5 minutes ago, had appeared infront of him.

"Iris Tyrad. Greetings." The Sith spoke as he placed his data pad on the table. Iris was taken back by this, not only had not even noticed this boy approach, but he also knew his name. However Iris was very notorious and known by many crime lords and criminals.

"Have we met?" Iris responded to the cloaked boy, not even bothering to be polite.

[member="Ballen-Ist"]

"Not formally." He replied, pulling the datapad closer to his being, his head lowering to examine it's current contents. Tapping on a few pictures and links, the man who sat across from him would most likely notice the profile that popped up, it being his own of course. Listed on the datapad were many things, only that of which the public could know of course. However, the "public" was made up of various people. Not a lot of private information was shown on the screen, only things like offenses, Iris' occupation, his location (which was unknown), and other things like race, hair color, etc. Most of it was relatively useless to the young boy who looked at the man, his poofy hair tied back to keep a low profile most likely. "You're a mercenary, are you not?" The boy would question, sliding over the datapad to show all of the information that had been accumulated. "You've made some trips to Voss, though never landed. Tracking a target?"
[member="Iris Tyrad"]

Iris Tyrad

"I might be a mercenary, depends who's askin' " replied Iris before taking another sip of his whiskey. This was an obvious lie, Iris didn't understand why he said it, his profile was on the data pad currently and anyone who looked at it wouldn't linked him to being a criminal or mercenary.

"And yes, I also do bounties." Iris responded to the Sith's second question, he didn't want to say the actually purpose of his time near Voss, he tried to keep his 'normal' life and his job separated, and besides, due to his recent alcoholic behaviour Iris had a banging headache and could barely even speak.

"What exactly are you looking for?" He finally asked the boy after a long pause, still looking at his drink, as if he was ready to fall asleep.

[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Moved with the sway and tug of the patrons. The crowds were dynamic and fluid, they exuded a sort of energy that was upbeat and charming. A stark contrast to the malevolence that seeped through it's cracks.

His face was hidden from view, he learned that is was better to stay hidden, rather than making an entrance. He was wanted in too many star-systems to attract the notice of sentries who were in the Repubics ear.

Having come to a stop over the conversing duo he'd allow himself to lean across the rich timber that stood in the places of desks. All of them seemed to be facsimiles, in fact, almost everything in the bar seemed to look the same. No matter which planet they had the same allure, the same scum... All the same..

"Greetings, gentlemen."
[member="Ballen-Ist"]
Iris Tyrad

"Take a seat, friend." Ballen-Ist would speak, his arm lifting to wave towards [member="Iris Tyrad"]. Of course, he was motioning for the man to move over, and make space for his companion on the bench that had enough room only for two. Once more, his arm would extend, gripping around the datapad he had brought him him. Swiping his fingers towards the left side of the rectangular device, he would back track, eventually pulling up the profile of one Carden Lorps. "We were just about to discuss our problem. Perhaps you can explain."

Iris Tyrad

A friend of [member="Ballen-Ist"] had entered the bar, and now was standing by the table, he looked as if to be another Sith. Though it was uncomfortable to be around 2 Sith, Iris didn't show any signs of fear. Instead, he decided to slide across the bench, allowing room for the other Sith to sit down.

On the Datapad now was no one other than Carden Lorps, the cocky bounty hunter Iris had run into numerous times. However much he annoyed Iris, he seemed to make amends with him the last time they met. Or so Iris thought.

[member="Ballen-Ist"]
[member="Maleus"]

"We meet again, old friend." ​He'd say as he calmly motioned over towards Iris. Having known the contents already inside of the data-pad he'd stroke his chin with his metallic fingers. A slight hum based deep in the core of his throat reeked of melancholy. "Can you complete the task, or are your emotional attachments going to be a problem?" The force was a powerful entity, it acted as a medium that allowed some users to sense emotion. That sensation of being uneasiness could come from a multitude of situations. But he thought his words did ring true.
[member="Ballen-Ist"]
[member="Iris Tyrad"]

Iris Tyrad

"Can you complete the task, or are your emotional attachments going to be a problem?" The new Sith asked Iris, he must've read Iris' thoughts, Iris hated it when force users did that.

"Mine and Carden's relationship?" He mumbled, chuckling as he did so, he didn't even like Carden, and they'd only met twice. "I can only think of 2 people I wouldn't kill for a reasonable sum of money!" Iris continued to laugh "and one of those people are me!" I've continued to laugh for longer than what would be expected, probably the alcohol to blame for that.

Suddenly Iris went back to his serious, business attitude "at trend of the day, it depends what you're offering me." He finished, going to take another mouthful of the whiskey.

[member="Maleus"]
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Maleus looked down to his left hand, his artificial digits elongate under the tension of his forearm. "Credits are a means to an end, I can give you twenty thousand credits. Ten thousand now, ten thousand upon completion. But... After a few months you'd be right back where you started... Instead I propose a partnership between us. You will be fed, you will be clothed, you will be armed.. But most importantly, you will be renown, and everything follows after prominence, wealth and power.."

His right hand fell upon his artificially grafted left, several dials were turned as he continued to calibrate his hand towards it's normal functionality.
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Iris Tyrad

Iris Tyrad

Taking another gulp of his drink, Iris considered the offer, sure it seemed fair, but what if this wasn't entirely true? "That offer sounds good an all," Iris started, looking up from his drink "but there's gotta be a catch?" Iris casually questioned. A life of wealth for the murder of one boy? It didn't seem right.

If this offer was legitimate Iris would obviously take it, he was sick of his recent life of travelling the universe, in need for money.

[member="Maleus"]
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

"Of course there is catch, there is always a catch. That is how your mind works, hm?" The boy would say, speaking up to interfere with their conversation. He seemed annoyed, perhaps it was because [member="Iris Tyrad"] was correct. "Carden may be accompanied by a Jedi. Only a padawan, though he is full of potential. You will capture him as well, with [member="Maleus"]' of course." Ballen-Ist would finish, sliding across the datapad, that contained a file of Tugoro Taidarious' status, occupation, and the lot. "You can do it, right?"

Iris Tyrad

Iris studied the Datapad, and the profile of this Jedi, a Tugoro Taidarious, Iris had never heard of him, which Iris thought was a good thing. "Yeah I can do it." He finally replied after scanning the Datapad for any relevant information. "If you don't mind me asking, why do you want these two? A Jedi, I understand, but why a teenage, orphan, bounty hunter?" With that Iris slid the Datapad back to its owner, and waited for a response, if he was going to get one.

[member="Ballen-Ist"]
[member="Maleus"]

"You're not afraid to act out of line, according to normal Sith standards. That's why I chose you. However, it's a private matter." Spoke Ballen-Ist quickly, taking the datapad and turning it off.
[member="Iris Tyrad"]
[member="Maleus"]

Iris Tyrad

"You're not afraid to act out of line, according to normal Sith standards. That's why I chose you. However, it's a private matter." One of the two Sith told Iris.

"Personal stuff, that's fine by me, as long as you guys are payin' I won't ask questions" Iris replied with a smirk. Hopefully this mission, and the partnership with the Sith would be the break Iris had long awaited for. At this point he figured he could trust these two Sith's, if they wanted to kill or hurt Iris, they would've done it already.

"I'm gunna need a mission briefing, by the way." He informed the two Sith, Iris would only take missions if it was clear what was happening, when it was happening, and if there was a well thought out extraction plan. Without these aspects, Iris wouldn't even consider taking the mission.

[member="Ballen-Ist"]
[member="Maleus"]

(OOC Note: This will be my last post for tonight, will reply tomorrow ASAP.)

"Carden is your standard bounty hunter, but he lacks experience. He is a coward, so expect him to flee at the slightest notion of combat. Tugoro on the other hand is of course a Jedi. From the last time I saw him, he did not carry a Lightsaber, but he uses what make-shift weapons that are available. Extremely agile, I advise not fighting him close.
He threw down the dossier which contained this information, along with any other sort of collected oddities about the duo.
Iris Tyrad
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Iris Tyrad

Most information on the duo had already been mentioned or was irrelevant, but nonetheless Iris read all the information that was displayed. "Well, I think i might have something to deal with them," Iris chuckled, referring to his new piece of technology, the BFM Suit 'Force Buster', this would be the perfect opportunity to test the new mech suit.

"So you will be accompanying me?" Iris asked [member="Maleus"] , still scanning through the information on the two.

[member="Ballen-Ist"]
[member="Maleus"]

"Yes, I must accompany you, in order to confirm numerous things. This isn't just a task for you to complete. It is a t-" Suddenly, he looked towards the duo suspiciously.. "Strange...." He shifted from his seat obviously disturbed by something. "I sense deception."
[member="Ballen-Ist"]
[member="Iris Tyrad"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom