Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Jinbi’r Gotal’ur <<Widow Maker>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=18pt]Jinbi’r Gotal’ur <<Widow Maker>>[/SIZE]
ul5iTk5.jpg
[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Manufacturer:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Kista’s Creations. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Affiliation:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Kista Bralor [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Model:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Plasma Disruptor Pistol.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Modularity:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] None [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Production[/SIZE]: [SIZE=9pt]Unique [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt](Only One Character)[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Material: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Durasteel, rubber plastoid hand grip. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Classification: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Disruptor[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Size: [/SIZE] [SIZE=9pt]Small[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Weight: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Light[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Ammunition Type: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Power cell, gas canister[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Ammunition Capacity:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Six Shots [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Reload Speed: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Very Slow[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Effective Range: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Long Range[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Rate of Fire:[/SIZE] [SIZE=9pt] Slow[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt] Stopping Power:[/SIZE] Extreme
  • [SIZE=9pt] Recoil:[/SIZE] Very High
[SIZE=9pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Super Heated Plasma[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Link HUD Targeting System [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Kinetic Impact[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Super Heated Plasma - The plasma discharge of this weapon is super heated and can slag flesh and metals. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]HUD Link – This weapon is link to Kista’s HUD targeting system. It makes it slightly easier for her to target while in combat. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Kinetic Impact – The momentum this energy discharge travels at give it a great impact that can have a knock back value. This means the impact has a chance to move the person it hits. It varies on the size and strength of the person how the possibility of knockback. Due to the strong impact of the weapon it makes it not ideal to try to deflect the energy blot with melee weapons. The impact does have a chance to break bone in some conditions. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Extremely limited ammo capacity – this weapon only has six shots on a battle field most weapons can have up to hundreds shots. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Very slow reload speed- It takes one full post to reload this weapon. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Kick Back- This weapon can’t be fired without augmented strength or some type of powered armor. The recoil of the weapon will break the wielder’s wrist without it. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Plasma Blot Speed- This Plasma blots travels at a slower speed then most energy blots. It makes it slightly easier to dodge for individuals using augmented speeds like Force Users.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Vulnerable to Ion/EMP - This pistol is [/SIZE]vulnerable[SIZE=9pt] to outside [/SIZE]sources[SIZE=9pt] of Ionic Based weapons or events. If the pistol is hit with Ion/EMP attack or event the pistol will shut down and will not work. In this event Kista will have to do a proper maintenance of the weapon and will have to replace damaged parts. In the field this can be rather difficult if you do not have the proper parts to fix it. Not to mention if you have the time to fix it with people trying to kill you.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Charged Blow Back:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] In the event there is a super heated round charged up in the weapon at the time of being hit with an Ion or EMP attack or event, there is a chance the round is not discharged through the barrel. In this situation it could violently explode taking Kista's hand and maybe arm with it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Plasma Disrupter weapons is hardly nothing new. It is not a common weapon type as it had been illegal for a time to be used. The destructive capability of the plasma type weapons was highly destructive and there for viewed as a military application. Why this was not more commonly used from the likes of the Empire. And only used in limited applications from the Old Galactic Empire and the Rebellion is because the cost outweighs the military application to mass field the weapons. Now for a personal weapon and for someone who could field the credits it make more sense. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Kista took the base concept and redesigned it. By limiting the ammo capacity she was able to up the level of power output. It made the weapon highly more destructive. The trade off meant the weapon hand a higher recoil and the blot travels a little slower than the original design. [/SIZE]

Netherworld

[member="Kista Bralor"]

Looks good. Just one question really; how does this fare against EMP and Ion damage? It's an electricity-based weapon, hence why I ask.

[member="Netherworld"]

I honestly did not factor that in when I made this sub. I forgot all about that angle. For the weapon to work it would have to be shielded from itself but that does not mean it is shielded from outside sources.

That is not taking into consideration if this weapon would have an Ion Charge to it, as in weapon damage?

*goes to add something in*

Netherworld

[member="Kista Bralor"]

Yeah I meant outside sources / attacks.

Will the pistol just shut down, or is it liable to malfunction more violently? The reaction that creates super-heated plasma is quite volatile I imagine.

[member="Netherworld"]

[SIZE=9pt]If the event this weapon was in the process of producing a super heated plasma charge and the was hit with a Ion/EMP event?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]^ I would like to think this over today. It is a very valid question and I would rather get the answer right then just charge in and just write whatever comes on my mind. [/SIZE]

[member="Netherworld"]

Ok I made so mods. Tell me what you think? Is my idea to harsh or adds to the danger to this weapon even to the user? I also made a change to stopping power since I went and made this last weakness so harsh.

Netherworld

[member="Kista Bralor"]

I like your dedication, but unfortunately we can't hard-code lethal effects into technology because every writer on the site decides how they will (or won't be) affected by various weapons / attacks / what have you.

There's also no need for the dice rolls, although they are a nice touch. If you can just reword that section a bit so it's less definite, and I can approve this. :)

As a side note – for some reason I'm not getting your @mention notifications, so apologies in advance if I accidentally miss your updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom