Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Jehuty Mk I

Status
Not open for further replies.
09_r.JPG

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Elite Ugly Starfighter
  • Length: 16 meters
  • Width: 6 meters
  • Height: 6 meters
  • Armament: Very High
    • 2x Heavy Plasma Cannons/Composite Beam Cannon
    • 2x Rapid Fire Gauss Turrets
    • 1x Caltrop-5 Chaff Gun
  • Defenses: Low
    • Standard Deflector Shields
    • Thin Armor
    • Caltrop-5 Chaff Gun (Sensor Jammer)
  • Squadron Count: None
  • Maneuverability Rating: Extreme
  • Speed Rating: Very High
  • Hyperdrive Class: Very Fast | 0.4
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Hyperdrive
  • Standard Ion Engines
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Repulsorlift Engines
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Astromech Socket
  • Can Enter Atmosphere and Land
  • Can Hover Within Gravity Wells
  • Ejection System
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Composite Beam Cannon: A powerful beam weapon formed by combining the fire from the heavy plasma cannons into one continuous beam that lasts a few seconds. It has high destructive potential, equivalent to an entire fighter complement of proton rockets focused into one single attack. Fighters and even some capital ships struck by the beam can incur heavy or catastrophic damage by a well aimed direct hit.
  • Caltrop-5 Chaff Gun: A gun that shoots thousands of small durasteel fléchettes to confuse enemy sensors. Never intended as an offensive weapon, the fléchettes themselves don't have much damage potential against hard stationary targets, but small craft and missiles risk destruction by passing through the clouds of shrapnel at high speeds.
STRENGTHS
  • Strapped with an abundance of rockets and boosters across the fuselage, its speed and agility is nearly unmatched.
  • Impressive firepower against enemy fighters and capital ship, particularly with its composite beam attack.
WEAKNESSES
  • As an ugly, this mashup of parts has poor armor and even worse electrical wiring. It's especially temperamental against Ion weapons and EMPs.
  • Has no missiles and lacks long range stand-off capabilities. The Jehuty must use its extreme speed to close in on targets.
  • After each use of the composite beam cannon, the plasma cannons require at least a 90-second cool down between uses.
DESCRIPTION

"In the wrong hands, this is either a golden bullet or a flaming coffin."

Frustrated with a certain Corellian who kept trashing their fleet of planes ("unlocking its potential" as the Allyson would say), tensions were high with the maintenance crews of Great River. The last straw was a Kamikaze attack with one of their freshly acquired Bobcats. From there on, the maintenance chief refused to allow Commander Locke to fly any of its newer fighters, relegating her to using their reserves of Uglies.

As a Director of Great River, Allyson's friend Jyoti had the power to veto the maintenance chief, but instead she saw an opportunity to use the Uglies as a test bed for one of her current projects. So she cobbled together a new Ugly, one based around one giant rocket booster lined with even more engines sourced from the likes of A-wings and TIE interceptors.

Lots of boosters, and even more guns.

What she put together was definitely nothing sleek or elegant like the ones the Echani usually favored, but a golden speed demon that relied on pure brute force to blaze a path through the stars, and the enemy.

It was the perfect fit.

Last edited:
We have some problems to discuss but first...that scene is awesome and looking forward to it.

• Manufacturer: Self
  • Affiliation: Self
Use your actual Bio please with name.

Armament: Very High
  • 2x Heavy Plasma Cannons/Composite Beam Cannon
  • 2x Rapid Fire Gauss Turrets
  • 2x Tractor Beam
Composite Beam Cannon:
A powerful beam weapon formed by combining the fire from the heavy plasma cannons into one continous beam that lasts a few seconds. It has high destructive potential, equivalent to an entire fighter complement of proton rockets focused into one single attack. Fighters and even some capital ships struck by the beam can incur heavy or catastrophic damage by a well aimed direct hit.
Know what, I like it. One main issue however is that for a weapon that powerful to be the equivalent of Proton Rockets, I would say that is an Armament Rating of Extreme considering it also almost always auto-hit the target with that amount of firepower.

Let me know when that is fixed and the ratings are balanced up. I like this submission a lot and would like to see this surprise someone by literally shooting a beam directly at them!

Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran

Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran

The issue here is that a ship with two weapons carrying the ability to consistently hit with the power of a fighter's worth of proton rockets each is enough to warrant an extreme rating on armament. Normally missiles are a limited resource, but you're packing that much firepower into a weapon that can fire repeatedly.

I would recommend bumping up the permanent rating, however, if you wish I will approve the submission in its current form.

John Locke John Locke

Thank you for articulating your concerns. I always try my best to work with the Factory to make sure everything is kosher.

I actually accounted for this when I was thinking of my ratings. Sans the special beam mode, the armaments list only comes up to the equivalent of average or moderate:

heavy plasma cannons = heavy starfighter laser equivalent (2 points each)
rapid fire gauss cannons = starfighter basic laser equivalent (1 point each)
fléchette cannon = starfighter basic laser equivalent (1 point each)

From there, I bumped the rating up 2 or 3 levels to account for the special attack mode of the plasma cannons. That said, it's just a special version of the bomblet generators or energy torpedoes which also use regenerating ammunition. I think for a unique hero unit, that the rating is fine at very high, considering all the drawbacks to its use and the weaknesses of the fighter in general.

I trust the intended user not to abuse this submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom