Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jedi Swoop bike (WIP)

I thought I would post this here as both a WIP for the Factory as well as to get some feedback from my fellow Jedi to help improve it. Thinking I may also do this with his Ship the Ebon Blade as it requires a great deal of work for it to pass inspection.

While currently the only known copies of this model are owned by Dar'rak as he is the sole creator of the design I am open to allowing other Jedi to request one of their own. So keep that in mind as you read this.

Image Source: Me
Intent: to display Dar'rak's personal Swoop Bike that was crafted by his own hands and his control of the force. While also providing a possible personal transport vehicle for his fellow Jedi.
Development Thread: None at this time
Manufacturer: Dar'rak
Model: Heavily Modified from components and designs from the Flare-S Swoop Bike as well as the Scyk swoop and Widow models.
Affiliation: Dar'rak
Modularity: Yes; in the form of paint apps and minor mechanical alterations for the rider. However this is difficult if not impossible for anyone other than Dar'rak to perform such modifications.
Production: Unique / Semi-Unique
Material: Durasteel
Role: Personal Swoop Speeder
Height: (Via Metric System)
Length: 3 meters
Width: < 1 meter
Weight: 250 Kilograms
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 1
Propulsion: Force regulated Repulsorlift
Top Speed: > 600-700 KM/H
Armaments:
  • Twin-pulse Blaster cannons location on the nose.
  • Personal Deflector shield to protect rider(s) from minor blaster fire and coalitions. Originally implemented to protect the bike's integrity when coming into contact with other racers on the track while at high speed.
Squadron Count: N/A
Passenger Capacity: 1
Cargo Capacity: The Swoop comes equip with two medium to large sized saddle bags with multiple compartments for storage of extra components, rations, or general gear one may need. They are located in the rear of the bike with one on either side.
Misc. Equipment: Not sure what would go here unless it would be like mapping and navigation equipment. Perhaps data from the HUD and instrument panel such as current speed, altitude, GPS that sort of thing?
Strengths:
  1. Custom built: Each bike is built with the specific rider for better performance output.
  2. Force Sensitive Rider: Requires Force sensitive rider to operate. Meaning non-Force sensitives are unable to drive this swoop as it would be too dangerous for them.
  3. Force Enhanced Engines: Capable of quick acceleration and top speeds of over 700 KM/H with a skilled Force Pilot.
Weaknesses:
  1. Minimal Specialized Shielding: Due to it being designed to protect the swoop and rider(s) from collations as well as possible blaster fire while traveling at high speeds the shields are specially designed for high velocity hazards and does not protect against slower ones. Meaning while the bike is at rest the shield is automatically disabled unless triggered by a high velocity pressure wave such as an explosion or weapon discharge. When the bike is at rest and not in motion the shielding is restricted to the swoop itself and will not protect the rider(s) even if they were on the bike at the time.
  2. Lightweight Frame: Should the shield become depleted or turned off the bike becomes extremely vulnerable to damage and even small arms fire or collision could bend or otherwise damage the frame and chassis requiring extensive repairs.
  3. Unique design: There are no known schematics for this bike as the construction and design are done entirely by Jedi Guardian Dar'rak and he alone knows how they are built. Meaning one cannot simply purchase a new one
  4. Difficult/Dangerous to Pilot: Dar'rak's swoop bike is not for the feint of heart and due to the performance output requires a skilled rider at the helm as well as some force ability within the skill. Those without may find themselves crashing or being thrown off on a regular bases.
Description:

When Dar'rak was a youngling in the Jedi Temple he found some old swoop bike parts and started tinkering with them as he did his force training. It took him quite a wile to acquire all the parts for a functioning swoop racer but eventually he managed and as a final test of his skill built a fully functional Swoop bike.

Dar'rak would take his new toy out for a spin many times in his youth and partake in the local swoop races. Even winning a few of them along the way. As his skill in racing as well as the Force improved so did the amount of victories he'd have under his belt.

As Dar'rak aged so too did the needs of his swoop bike. While sill used for racing and a means for the Jedi Knight to garner some much needed credits at times, He retrofitted the front end with a pair of blasters for the Combat he may found himself in as well as a pair of saddle bags for those longer trips where he may be away from his ship or civilization for an extended period of time.

Alright this is roughly what I have so far. So tell me what you lot think of the Swoop Bike Dar'rak built as a child and still rides to this day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom