Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jedi in distress

If one were to drop into Real Space a few lightyears away from Anaxes, the only thing in sight would be a wrecked Delta-7 interceptor, powerless husk resembling a corpse, buried in the vast emptiness of space. Wreckages like these were common, and fairly uninteresting. Even the most desperate scavengers passed these fighters up.

Fortunately, neither the ship nor it's pilot were dead, even if all life-scanning equipment suggested otherwise. No, in the cockpit of the triangular fighter laid a seemingly unconsious woman- Skin a purple-blue hue, hair a raven-black, and wearing a starfighter jumpsuit. Had her eyes been open, it would have been evident she was a Chiss. Unfortunately, blue eyelids covered the red orbs typical to her species. She was almost as still as the wrecked flight instruments... Motionless to an observer, but that couldn't be far from the truth.

The padawan laid in a Jedi trance. Used to prolong one's life by cutting physical activity to a minimum, only allowing one's senses to be awake. Thema had been trapped in this condition for nearly a week now. Awaiting response to her shuttle's distress signal. She could only hope her saviors were members of the Republic, and not of the Sith Empire. If the latter were the case, the crossguarded lightsaber would be a dead give-away to her allegiances. She'd probably be butchered before she could fully recover from hibernation.

Only luck, a passing ship, and the Force could save her now. And in that she put her hopes on.

As I was circling Voss in orbit catching up on Galactic news and going for the maiden voyage of my new ship the Cherry Blossom I picked up a distress beacon coming through the Silver Sanctum channels. It was damaged all I got was padawan Thema Csapla and her last known coordinates which put her several light years from a planetary system called Anaxes. Well I'd just been going to circle Voss in orbit for a bit but if there was a padawan out there and I had a ship and the gear to possibly help it should be me that went.

Plotting a course with her last known coordinates into the nav-computer I engaged the hyperdrive and headed out. Sending an arrow of thought her way through The Force I said "Padawan Csapla, my name is Celiana Drayven with the Silver Sanctum. I got your distress beacon and I'm currently en-route to your last known coordinates. If you're able please respond otherwise just hold tight, help will be coming your way shortly." There were a couple things on my mind though, if she was alone was she conscious? Was she wearing any kind of EVO suit for space-flight? If I got there and had to decompress the hatch to her ship or possibly a fighter would she survive?

All interesting questions, though I was more concerned with Sith or any number of people finding her before I got there. If I did end up having to put up a fight I'd need her help as I still hadn't gotten around to picking up a droid to help pilot although an AI might be a better investment. If she wasn't conscious would I be able to revive her? Stripping down to my form-fitting olive cargo pants and pulling a black v-neck crop top over my head I figure it was time to get to work. I began pulling on my EVO suit pants and securing my boots and sabers to my belt. Sending another quick message to her through The Force I said, "I'm on my way Thema, hang in there sugar."

Hell of a way to christen your long life girl. Patting the inner hull of my ship I hoped deeply that I wouldn't be dealing with Sith or other various nasty types. I'll be in deep Fierfeck'la Osik if I do. Especially if this girl was unconscious....Guess I'd cross that bridge when I got there....

[member="Thema Csapla"]

[SIZE=10.5pt][member="Celiana"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Thema's body stirred before Celiana sent the first message. Something strong in the Force was approaching, and this Chiss knew it. Fingers gently creaking open, she started opening and closing her hands, trying to regain full control of her body before her rescuer showed up. Yet somehow, she knew the action was pointless. The strong beacon of the Force was light-aligned, not a Sith. That said... Well, anything could happen.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]By the time she recieved Celiana's message, Thema's mind had been yanked from her dreamless sleep into a sort of consciousness. Her eyes were still shut, and she was mostly immobile, but she was awake. In no state to reply to her fellow padawan's message, she released a sigh, her breath misting in the cold air of the cockpit. Life support was on it's last limb, but she could do with the lack of heat. After all, her species was adapted to Csilla. [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]“Thank you…” [/SIZE]She voiced out loud, releasing some of the stress from her body. So, that dogfight hadn't been the end of her. Now, she could only hope the starship didn't drift away from her acquaintance.

A beeping emanated from the cockpit and dashing to go check what it was I realized I'd arrived. Setting the scanners to search for damaged ships and bio-signs probably wouldn't do much if her ship had sustained heavy damage or she were in any sort of self-induced Force Stasis which could be the only thing keeping her alive. Then I heard her through The Force "Thank you." Fierfeck'la Osik! She sounded bad...Kicking the searchlights on from the cockpit I reached out with The Force trying to find where she was. There was a debris field that looked as though some kind of dogfight had occurred here.

Pulling on the moderately armored chest piece of my EVO suit and securing my helmet as well I extended my reach through The Force to encompass the entire debris field, she had to be somewhere inside. If she wasn't wearing an EVO suit and was only in pilot's gear this would be difficult to say the least. My hangar had enough room for my two bikes and maybe a small fighter though if it was anything like the Delta 7 fighters it wouldn't fit and I'd have to count on The Force to sustain her until I got her aboard. Suddenly there was a humming in my head and through my mind's eye I saw her fighter.... A Delta 7, well osik. Going to the cockpit I steered over towards her fighter and pulling alongside I engaged the mag locks on the left side of the hull locking her fighter agianst my hull. After looking over at my sensors I realized she had less than 8 minutes of oxygen left and that her fighter was so damaged that I'd have to pop the seal on the hatch.

In the name of The Force! I had no idea how to get her out without killing her and time was of the essence her life support, what was left of it was about to go. "Celiana, the same as when you put that barrier up between the Zabrak and the dancing girls. Create a barrier of life and surround her inside of it until you get her aboard." Wasting no time I engaged the mag-locks on everything internally and making sure my sabers were clipped to my belt I popped the hangar door and engaged the thrust pack taking me over to her fighter. Just as I got there what lights and power had been there winked out of existence.

Reaching out with The Force I envisioned a bubble of life surrounding the cockpit. Then igniting my saber I cut the hatch open and encircled her in the Force Barrier, Calling all of the contents of her cockpit to follow behind me I used the thrust pack and got us and her gear both back to the hangar doors. Keeping her in the Force Barrier until I'd closed the hangar door and restored artificial atmosphere. I gently let her down to the deck plating as I popped the seal on my helmet and stripped back out of the EVO suit. Dropping her belongings to the deck plates as well I couldn't sense her breathing. Osik! Reaching out with The Force I siphoned off some of my energy and fed it into her. Leaving her things wheer they were I picked her up and headed up to my quarters gently laying her down on my bed. Grabbing a few heavier blankets I bundled her up as well as I could before heading back to the hangar to secure things down and grab her things.

Storing the EVO suit in a locker I grabbed her saber, a blaster, and what appeared to be several datapads and journals along with what looked to be a personal ring of some type. Wrapping them all in a bundle I took them back to my quarters and laid the small bundle on the nightstand by her. I hoped she'd wake up soon, I increased the heat a bit in my cabin and pulling my combat harness started pulling out my various blades and sharpening them as I waited for her to fully regain consciousness...

[member="Thema Csapla"]

[member="Celiana"]

As the woman's freighter approached, Thema could feel her ship slowly being dragged in. A maglock. Thankfully, it's not like she was being captured. Offering no opposition, she let herself be carried away by the magnetic pull...

Until, the window of her cockpit was sliced open.
Her first reaction was fear. No matter how trained to be a Jedi she was, the feeling of unavoidable suffocation never failed to send a feeling of doom down any person's spine. So, this was the way she'd die. Popped out of her tin can of a ship by some sort of Jedi scavenger, powerless to fight back. Hell, had she been in full control of her body, she could have at least whipped out her lightsaber, stabbing her in the face. Sure, they'd die, but she'd take the person out with her.

What happened next surprised her. Or rather, it was what didn't happen that came as a shock. Instead freezing and having her eyes popped out in the vacuum of space, she was... Well, breathing. Floating in space, but breathing. By now, her orange-red eyes had darted open, and were already frantically scanning the person carrying them to the ship. It was only moments later that the situation clicked. She was no mere Jedi. Only healers could create these sort of atmospheric bubbles. Who exactly was this Force-Sensitive who'd come to save her? The EVO suit's helmet was opaque, but she could tell it was a human. The way the suit hugged her body said so.

The next few events were a blur. Into her ship's hangar one moment... Transported towards a sort of living area the next. She could vaguely feel her lightsaber be separated from her, but the weapon was the least of her concerns this moment. Honestly, she was just grateful to be alive. The humming of the ship, the warm artificial atmosphere, the dimly flickering lights... They were all soothing reminders she'd live to see another day. Just as she was taken to the cot, these very stimulants overwhelmed her, dragging her again into sleep. She wanted to thank the woman. She wanted to ask for her lightsaber. She wanted to do so many things, but all she could manage was to raise her hand out dimly to her, before she passed out.

------------

Hours later, she woke sleepily. She didn't open her eyes immediately, preferring to instead assess her location via her senses. Her body was still covered in the damn flight suit. She could feel some sort of woolen blanket over her, keeping her warm. And most importantly, there was someone else in the room.

But somehow, she couldn't care less. In a very un-Jedilike move, she grinned with emotion, slowly sitting up. The smile slowly turned into a gleeful laugh. After days cramped in a fighter, the feeling of warmth was overwhelming, and laced with happiness. She just couldn't help herself.

I'd kept myself connected to the currents of The Force in order to keep tabs on this young woman's condition. When I'd brought her aboard her breathing had stopped and I'd siphoned off some of my energy in an attempt to revive her but I hadn't been sure it had worked. I'd seen her body feasting on the Force Energy I'd supplied her bringing life back into her cells. I was faintly aware of the fact that she'd woken and hopefully she'd forgive me for slicing open her cockpit and the temporary separation of her saber and effects but her life had taken priority to me over her fighter or belongings.

I sat there with my wide array of blades and a stool with my various whetstones having spent my time maintaining my gear while I'd waited for her to awake. I'd been in the middle of sharpening my gauntlet's hidden blades as well as the fierce hooked blades hidden in the sides of my gauntlets when I was treated to a truly joyous sound...Her laughing. Though I wasn't normally prone to open displays of emotions I couldn't help the tears of joy that this young lass was alright. "Evening starlight, glad to see you've such energy after being cooped up in there for however long you were young one. Also I do apologize about probably panicking you when I sliced open your cockpit, the life support systems and power core went offline just as I reached your fighter and I really didn't have time to be picky about how I got you out just that I did."

As I'd brought her aboard I'd seen her flight suit but I didn't know if she'd had a change of clothes in her fighter. In any case I had quite a few different options for clothes aboard. "By the way sweet pea, after you've woken up a bit more feel free to explore the ship. There's a refresher here in my cabin as well as several changes of clothes which you're welcome to. I won't have you strutting about in that flight suit when you should be at least semi-comfortable."

Gathering up my blades and slipping them all back into their respective sheathes I slid them back into my combat harness before calling my sabers to my hand and clipping them to dangle against both my upper thighs. "One more thing sugar, when you're done getting cleaned up and out of those rags I'll be getting some food and tea put together. I'll be back in a bit, feel free to chat through The Force though if you can't find me right off and also feel free to message whomever you need to. I'll be back in a bit until then, Ciao!"

[member="Thema Csapla"]

[member="Celiana"]

Still grinning and smiling she opened her red eyes. And the first thing she saw was wicked set of swords- Probably vibroblades, resting against a wall. And then there was her. A Jedi, barely older than her, sharpening what seemed to be a... Gauntlet? The term 'Mandalorian' came to mind, but she immediately dismissed it. No... Had she been Mandalorian, she'd be dead by now. Regardless, she stiffened, the smile being wiped from her face. She doubted a confrontation would actually take place, but still... The weapons were unsettling.

"I-" She was hit by the sudden chatter before she could even react to it. Her tone was amiable and nurturing, which set her at ease. Whatever sense of dread she'd experienced before was quickly replaced by embarrassment. Even if she didn't know how to respond, she took in each sentence with consideration. Once she mentioned her set of clothes, she self-consciously looked down, quick to notice the cardboard-like folds in the uniform. Yeah, a change of clothes sounded nice. She just hoped their height difference wasn't considerable.

The minute Celiana finished speaking, however, was the second she found her voice. Maybe she just wanted to make sure what sort of person she was dealing with before she spoke. Maybe she was just scared before. Either way, Thema found herself reaching out to her before she left the room, eyes wide. "Wait!" She called out, almost choking on the dryness of her own throat. With the woman's attention on her, Thema's faced visibly flushed, suddenly feeling like a youngling. "Uh-" She stuttered, unsure of what to say. "Thank you." She finally said, words genuine, filled with a brisk, imperial-like tone. "I can't thank you enough for saving me." Perhaps she'd speak more later. But for now, it only felt right to thank her savior.

As I was leaving my new passenger yelled out as best she could "Wait!" Turning back she looked flushed "Uh, Thank you. I can't thank you enough for saving me." I couldn't help but notice the way she'd looked at my vast assortment of blades. She was trying to evaluate the situation and she was understandably on edge. Still though it was difficult to not feel judged. Mandalorian. That's who she thought I was based only off the sight of my forearm gauntlets.

"No need to thank me sweetie, and yes. I am Mandalorian as much as I am Echani or Jedi. Though if I'd really wanted to hurt you I wouldn't have brought you your saber and blaster, let alone your personal effects."

With that I turned and glancing over my shoulder walked down to The Hangar Bay. Sinking to the floor I was overcome with emotion, tears fell from my face some of joy the others from hurt. I was very glad Thema was alright but, it hurt nonetheless when I'd felt her thoughts. She'd probably thought I was a scavenger who was just going to leave her dead in space when I'd sliced open her cockpit as well. To be fair though an accurate assessment in her non-conscious condition. Looking over at my bike and the Cherry Blossom tree as well as the words I'd painted in Kanji style galactic basic. "Aria, you are my blossom. You give me my hope and bring light to my darkness."

Gods and Goddesses I missed her! In any case I should probably store my massive amount of blades back in my cabin. Walking back I heard the shower going and opening up my locker I unhitched my combat harness and hung it inside my locker pulling out a switch of clothes I quickly switched out of my cargo pants and shirt into my VERY short-shorts and a VERY threadbare black v-neck shirt. Pulling it tight against my skin I quickly tied a knot and keeping my Mandalorian gauntlets and minimalist belt on I clipped my saber to my belt dangling against my bare upper thighs. Walking back out I started work on dinner.

I wasn't big into the whole space-explorer rations osik. I made my food from scratch whenever possible, grabbing some chicken and rice I started cooking them while I ejected both sets of blades from my gauntlets. I began slicing vegetables and put a pot of water on to boil dropping several cubes of dried broth into the boiling water. There would be a chicken base along with beef stock and vegetable broth. The work went quickly and before long I had the chicken nearly cooked and the chicken and rice soup was done. I put a mix of soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and honey over the remaining chicken and seared it until it was done then I put two portions on hot-plates. Placing whatever else was left in food-storage containers I set the kitchen module to clean up the dishes. Grabbing the two hot-plates and a set of utensils with The Force I walked back into my cabin placing Thema's meal on my bed and setting mine down at my desk in the corner.

I'd avoided thinking too much about my new passenger but it was clear she was Chiss, well-known fro their brilliance with strategy this one she was barely old enough to drink on some worlds. That being said she was also incredibly beautiful, her long lustrous raven hair and her red eyes, the flight suit hid quite a bit but I'd no doubt she was gorgeous. Bah! Wanderings of my mind I suppose. I blamed it on my being lonely without Aria. Still though I hoped Thema wouldn't think that I was sitting here waiting to catch a glimpse of her so I turned on my data pad and started up a playlist of various music I'd collected in my travels while I ate some crackers waiting for her to emerge. I wanted her to be able to share a meal with me at least in some small level of comfort before getting her back to wherever she needed to be.

[member="Thema Csapla"]

[member="Celiana"]

She had no response to her excuse, but there was no doubt she was clearly a Jedi. Now, whether or not she was reading her mind with the Force was another question entirely. One that she'd rather avoid finding out the answer to. In either case, she'd have to more closely guard her thoughts.

Watching her leave, Thema sighed, and scanned the room sleepily with her red eyes. It seemed cozy enough, despite all the swords. In a way, it reminded her of her master's own ship. The similarities put her at ease. Standing up, she straightened her back, attempting to stretch her sore muscles. She'd either been cooped up in a fighter or a bed for weeks- What she needed most was physical exercise. That... And a bath, she decided. Removing the Republic-issued fighter jacket that came with her outfit and tossing it on the bed, Thema headed into what seemed to be a bathroom, hoping for a shower. And effectively, she was blessed.

Undressing and slipping into the chamber, the Chiss opened the faucet to released a cool torrent of water, falling down her skin. The cold water felt better than any bacta tank, honestly. She could feel her skin tingling to the touch, as if waking up from some sort of deep, murky sleep. It felt good. But it didn't last. In a few minutes, the woman was out of the shower, smelling considerably better than when she came in. Wrapping a towel around herself, she decided to poke her head out the door, making sure Celiana wasn't in the room. In response, she was hit by the various aromas, all indicating the presence of cooking. It was only at that moment when she realized how food and water deprived she was- Her stomach almost rumbled, if not for her Jedi self-restraint. She didn't want to make a fool of herself just yet.

Creeping into the room, her damp feet left a trail from the bathroom towards Celiana's wardrobe. Thema could only hope the Jedi had kept something from her padawan years for her to put on. Such prayers were unanswered. She instead had to settle for a pair of trousers, and what seemed to be a sort of blouse. Simple, but it'd do. By the time she was done, Celiana had entered the room, and she could feel (or rather, smell) her set a dish of food on her bed. Well, she was as pretty as she was going to get.

Entering the living area once more, Thema composed herself, trying to find something to say. "Dinner smells excellent." She complimented, heading for the unclaimed dish on the bed. With what little restraint she had left, Thema sat cross-legged on the bed, and took a drink of a liquid accompanying the meal. It tasted suspiciously like a meiloorun melon. Refreshing. Nearly emptying the glass in one fell swoop, she set it on the nightstand alongside her lightsaber. Eyes heading up towards Celiana, she smiled, clearly delighted. "Thank you for saving me. I can't say this enough- But I would have died in that fighter if not for you."

After setting my plate down and turning on a bit of music I glanced back to the shower in my quarters just as Thema had finished getting dressed. She padded out and sat on my bed digging into the food and nearly downing the full glass of juice. I was sipping hot Jasmine peach tea. She'd complimented my cooking saying "Dinner smells excellent." Smiling slightly at that she then thanked me again saying "Thank you for saving me. I can't say this enough but I would have died in that fighter if not for you."

Nodding my head in acknowledgement of her words and taking another sip of tea. I began eating my own food. In between a few bites I said "I apologize if you felt I was reading your thoughts with The Force, I wasn't I just read your facial reactions to the blades. I emphasized my point by tapping a spoon against my bracers before taking another mouthful of soup. Mandalorians get an awful reputation as thugs, bounty hunters and assassins for hire so I understand your concern I'm curious though why were you in that fighter? I saw signs of a dogfight out there and guessing by your damaged fighter and the wreckage around you it was quite the battle, yes? Tell me sweetie, what brought you out here alone?

Slicing a piece of chicken off with my wrist blade I pulled it off of my blade with my teeth and chewed for a bit. Listening to the music that I'd put on with the volume down low I realized looking at her that some of those clothes wouldn't be the most comfortable as they were slightly baggy on her. Chuckling a bit to myself I should have realized that my frame would've been different from hers. I'd dig out some athletic shorts or leggings for her in a bit. Currently I was curious about my guest and we'd have plenty of time to get underway soon but for now I wanted to enjoy a decent meal and some company...

[member="Thema Csapla"]

[member="Celiana"]

The woman stirred once recieving the uncomfortable question, playing with the spoon in her hands nervously. The thought of the battle was enough to drive her hunger away. Taking a glance at the bomber jacket besides her, she sighed, a though crossing her mind. 'No point in hiding the obvious.' She thought to herself, before laying the piece of silverware down. Now more than ever she'd have to trust her fellow Jedi.

"As you can tell by my flight uniform, I'm a member of the Republic. Say what you will about it, but I believe in the stories. I grew up in Coruscant. And naturally, I'll follow them into combat." She paused, attempting to recollect her bearings on the situation. That attack felt like it'd been so long ago... But the rush of emotion was still fresh. "I was at a Republic outpost, when my master and I received word of a Sith attack. Our fighters- Our fighters were outnumbered, and they needed reinforcements. Who else to take the vanguard but a Jedi? I took the first fighter I could find, a team of pilots, and headed out into battle." She shifted uncomfortably once more, recalling the battle. Laser fire, proton torpedos, explosions muffled by the vacuum of space, she could still see it. She'd suffered worse, but it wasn't exactly a pleasant experience either. "By the time we were down to four fighters," she continued, "I ordered a jump to lightspeed. No particular calculations. Not very far either- Just a retreat. But we were torn to shreds before we could jump. My fighter got hit, and the hyperdrive tore up- Well, everything. By the time I entered real space, I had no power, no navigation systems, and barely enough oxygen for a week." She shrugged, not wanting to state the obvious. "So now, I'm here. I doubt the Sith followed me, though that's subject to debate. In any case... Well, I suggest you drop me off at a Republic-occupied planet as soon as you can. Jedi like me make for excellent blaster-bait."

"Impulsive but brave, very brave young one. You strike me as a bit of a spitfire and I'm sorry if I ruined your appetite. I too spent a great deal of time on Coruscant actually it's where I discovered I was Force-sensitive." I considered her words momentarily, she'd requested I drop her at the nearest Republic occupied world but her ship was still damaged and I was an excellent mechanic. Plus I'd been the one to slice open her cockpit so it was my job to fix that.

"In regards to simply dropping you on the nearest Republic occupied world well, what kind of rescuer would I be if I didn't offer to help with the repairs to your fighter? I'll tell ya what sugar, I'm needing to head back to the Silver Sanctum temple on Voss anyways and I work as a mechanic when I'm not busy with my own training so how about you and I head back there fix up your fighter right as rain and then you can head where ever from there?"

Taking another mouthful of soup and chewing while she thought I had to say she was quite lovely. Padding over to my dresser I grabbed a pair of athletic shorts and a slightly tighter shirt for her so she wasn't tripping over the spare clothes she was in. "By the way sugar snap, these will probably fit better than what you're in. Sorry for the poor fit. Recalling her rather flippant remark about "jedi like me make for excellent blaster-bait." I sighed, "by the way, all Jedi make for good blaster bait. Also though you were brave perhaps the lesson to be learned is knowing your own abilities and not rushing headlong into battle before contemplating the skills and experiences of your enemies hmmm? That's how I ended up with these."

Pulling up my threadbare shirt by my ribs I showed her the scars over the right side of my ribs as well as the one running down the left of my waist and pointing to the one on on the left side of my lip. "Each one of these came from fighting someone much more experienced than I was at the time. Since then I worked to improve my blade-work considerably and now, now nobody even comes close to touching me unless I want them that close or able to. Learn from past experiences, meditate on them and the different courses of action that could have been taken and use that knowledge to improve your chances in the future hmm?"

My lecture over I turned back to look at her and said "Now finish your food, having spent near a week in that tiny cockpit must've left you hungry. I'll welcome whatever questions you have after you've polished that plate clean. I don't cook for just anyone now." Gods and Goddesses I sounded stern like my mother. I shot her a quick smile and a playful wink so that she'd know I wasn't trying to boss her about. Then I woke my datapad and started in on some sketches for various projects and some I'd been working on for Aria while I finished my own plate of food...

[member="Thema Csapla"]

[member="Celiana"]

"I'm not impulsive!" She impulsively called out, resisting the urge to whine. She was sounding a lot like her master. From the parental demeanor, to the scolding. Composing herself once more and straightening her back, she cleared her throat. "Those troops needed support. Now, had we jumped behind the Sith carrier, we could have at least destroyed their bridge, and used the underside as cover. I keep saying- Probe droids aren't as useless as people think."

Growing more reserved, the padawan hesitantly took the outfit, and set them besides her. The sudden kindness made her nervous. Not because she suspected a betrayal- But because she suspected she wanted something in return. Her mind conjured up a storm, mentally analyzing her. She looked a lot like... Well, a lot like a mother. Even the ship was furnished to look more like a house than like a freighter. Her best guess was she'd recieve a tour at the Silver Sanctum temple. Hell, maybe she'd try to recruit her as a padawan. Her studies were far from over, but she'd never leave her current master, even for a Jedi this powerful. Plus, her allegiances were with the Republic; or at least, what was left of it. No, she wouldn't change. Either way, she had to repay her somehow. The question was, how?

"Thank you for the clothes. I'm still a padawan, so... Well, clothes fitted to people my age are considerably more difficult to come by nowadays. It seems every major fashion designer is either Sith, or a Mandalorian-" She bit her tongue just before she could phrase the word sellout. She didn't want to insult the woman. "Anyways, I'm not a fan of battle armour. Beats me how your people waltz around in that sort of clothing all day." She shrugged, before dipping her spoon into the broth, and stuffing it in her mouth. The first taste only made her want more. In another fluid motion, she took another spoonful- This time, packed with vegetables- And kept eating.

Listening to her speak impulsively but honestly was refreshing. I had the feeling I was making her uncomfortable either by my association with the Mandalorians, or my offer to help repair her ship on Voss. I wasn't even the beginnings of qualified to have an apprentice let alone train anyone else in anything other than the Mando'ade ways. She had a sharp wit as well I couldn't be a Master, mentor or mother to her. In any case I wouldn't anyways, I wouldn't ask her to change her allegiances and I wouldn't recruit her.

She'd mentioned how if they'd jumped behind the bridge they'd have had a chance showed wisdom and cunning both. That was the strategic mind of the Chiss people. She thanked me for the more form-fitting clothes and explained how it was difficult to find clothing for padawans and people her age as it was hard to come by. As she mentioned how she wasn't a fan of battle armor and how she couldn't understand how MY people waltz around in that sort of clothing all day I laughed out loud before apologizing.

"I'm sorry but that comment on the battle armor and MY people was hilarious. I'm Echani dearie, I was only trained by a Mandalorian hence all the blades though the Echani people are more focused on blades than sabers as well. The Echani people are just less obvious about it than the Mandalorians, as to your observation about what might have happened had you jumped behind the bridge. Well, that my dear is what your people are known for. The brilliance of a strategic mind and makes for a bright career as a Jedi. By the way you don't owe me anything nor would I ask you for payment or any other such nonsense. I won't ask you to change Master or the allegiances you have but one can always use more friends."

Sighing and taking another sip of my tea I continued, "I'm not very much Jedi Master material anyways... I'd be, too dark for Mastership. Things have a way of happening dear that push us to do and embrace darkness if even for a short time. I'm lucky to have the few Jetii friends I have." Realizing I'd used a Mando word I hesitated momentarily. "I'm even luckier to be in an era where relationships between Jedi are accepted and allowed. There's a young woman whom I miss dearly right now but I'll see her again soon. As it sits you realize what you could have done differently and that's the beginnings of wisdom and growth."

Turning back to my datapad at my desk I kept sketching and before long I had a dress designed that I'd need to start work on later. I began to write again this time letters to friends, family, Aria. There was always so much time until there wasn't anymore and there was so much I needed to say. I began drawing up the schematics for my ship and marking points where I could make additions in the near future. I waited letting the silence linger and letting Thema absorb what I'd said as I worked...

[member="Thema Csapla"]

[member="Celiana"]

The laugh left an mark on her pride, made clear by her indignant expression, but it easily faded. It was sort of funny. She was mostly relieved by the fact she took little to no offense by the remark. Now, what most troubled her was the claim of being an Echani. She was awfully, well, tan for one. Most Echani had bluish-white skin, but her... Well, her skin was sun-kissed. She was probably half-human. "That explains a lot." She admitted, crossing her arms. "But let me tell you, you have a lot of weapons. Then again... I've seen Mandalorians with more armour than body volume." At least she wasn't the paranoid type of Mandalorian that wore a helmet at all hours. Her gauntlet was considerably less de-humanizing.

She stiffened at the mention of the Dark Side, but the feeling of fear was quickly replaced by curiosity. "I've never been to any of your Silver Jedi temples." She admitted, with a sort of embarrassment which came with admitting a lack of experience. "Are you more... Accepting of the Dark side there? I've heard of grey Jedi, but I've thought them to be myths." She braced herself mentally, hoping she didn't insult the Jedi. As a Mandalorian, she'd probably be more accepting of violence. Violence led to fear, anger, rage, and every other emotion linked to the Dark side. Honestly, she wouldn't be surprised if she admitted to carrying a red crystal in one of those twin lightsabers.

Chuckling a bit at her indignant expression and further questions I decided to answer her questions. "As to my vast amount of weapons some of which are directly under the bed you're currently sitting on most of them are used for training or actual missions where I prefer to be silent rather than waving around a beam of blaster-bait. Blades are very personal even more for an Echani. I saw the look of how on your face as well. How am I Echani since I don't have the pale skin and ghostly grey hair? Well my Father was from Coruscant my mother is full Echani, got the non-ghostly look from him and everything else including my Force sensitivity from her."

As to my lack of helmet and body armor I prefer to look at my enemies face to face rather than seeing their vitals through a helmet and the lack of body armor well I use it but it needs to be flexible. Much like Force users, Jedi mostly. There was likely a look of contempt on my face and I paused to choose my next words wisely. "I figured about your not having been to any of the Silver Jedi Temples before, and yes we are but with an air of caution with that as well. Personally I'm a believer that The Dark Side isn't inherently evil just as The Light isn't inherently good. If I had the ability of Force lightning for example and someone was having a heart attack and those "Dark powers" could jump start their heart thus saving their life I would and I wouldn't think twice about it. Because not helping them with "dark powers" would be more evil than using them, i'd be willingly letting someone die."

"Same with the Light and Force persuasion, I could lead you to doing something awful hurting a friend or someone you care about deeply for nothing other than my amusement. At which point that Light Side power is still light side. Only the person changes. Dark and Light are irrelevant, they're both The Force and it's only how we use or don't use those powers that corrupts us. As to Grey Jedi being mere myths then you clearly haven't met Master Harrison yet. He walks the line between Dark and Light from what little I know of him. Narrowing my eyes towards Thema I added, "As do I."

"I'm currently dealing with some of my, darker choices on Coruscant. I was in the position to continue allowing a gang of human traffickers whom I'd been on the receiving end of previously and also given them the chance to cease doing so to make their choice. They chose to hold a girl your age, your species hostage thinking I wouldn't do what was necessary to stop them. They were wrong and they died for it. It would have been one thing had there not been a girl there being held hostage about to be sold. But there was, they attacked me and I prevented them from doing so to her, myself, or anyone ever again."

"It so happens there was a planet wide, government sanctioned bounty to take them out and prevent further human trafficking but I wasn't doing it for the money I was preventing more brutality in the future."

Taking a moment to finish my tea I looked at her both with my eyes and through The Force to gauge her reactions to what I was telling her. I meant her no harm, I'd help her repair her fighter and let her choose what to do but I wouldn't lie and say that The Silver Sanctum didn't allow people with knowledge or practice in The Dark Side sanctuary. "In short, yes we're much more tolerant of Dark-siders there on Voss and no, we don't feel the need to restrain them, take their sabers, or chain them up in a cell. But yes, they're cautious of us. I said us because well I've touched The Darkness and I still am seeking The Light. When you're feeling up to it head to the hangar and take a look at the white bike with the Cherry Blossoms and tell me what you see."

[member="Thema Csapla"]

[member="Celiana"]

Her monologue about the Dark side was intriguing. Certainly a different perspective from the rest of the Jedi in the Republic. That said, she didn't blame them. Although the woman spoke truthfully, and Thema accepted a few of her ideas, she couldn't help but recall the constant warnings her master had recited after every confrontation with the Sith. Most of the time, she ignored them. But now? She couldn't help but mentally recite them.

Eyes on her throughout the whole speech, the curious padawan already brainstormed a series of questions, each more confusing than the last. 'What is the Dark Side like?' 'When did you come in touch with it?' 'Do you have a red lightsaber?' 'Are you a Sith?' She made sure to not make them completely obvious. The Grey Jedi had proven to be skilled at reading her. Whether she spoke the truth about it only being her expressions, she didn't know. The last phrase made her scrunch up her nose, a gesture typical to her. "Wait." She called out, trying to pull her back towards the subject. After a second to organize her question, she spoke. "The Jedi are always speaking about knowledge. Using the Force for knowledge and defense, never to attack. But..." She stood silent once again, knitting her eyebrows together. "What is the Dark Side, anyways?" A very naive question, one Celiana probably didn't know. But still, she couldn't resist asking. "And while we're on the subject- What's the difference between a Sith's use of the Force, and a Jedi's? Master always says they're more aggressive. But... I don't know. Sometimes, my Force-shoves are pretty bad."

She was full of questions this one. Then she asked what is the dark side anyways? "Honestly it depends on your viewpoints. I'd say that The Dark Side is again when we use power for the sake of power again the abilities themselves aren't inherently good or evil only how they're used. As to the difference between a Sith's use of The Force and a Jedi's, well most Sith use power for the sake of domination and control. Jedi tend to not do that as much, though again I'll use my powers and abilities for selfless acts not selfish as it's how and for what reasons I use my powers."

"As to your Master well, with respect they're wrong about Dark siders always being more aggressive. Because they're not, in fact any competent Dark sider will balance their aggressive side against their practical common sense. And while we're on that topic Jedi aren't the saviors of the galaxy everyone thinks us to be. Most of us are very flawed in our understanding of The Force. Dark, Light it's all The Force. And if a Jedi tells you they've never touched or used The Dark Side, then well they're lying not only to themselves but you as well."

"By the way you're getting better at shielding your mind. But I can still sense there are a few questions about this topic you want to ask me personally. I'll answer whatever you want to ask sugar."

[member="Thema Csapla"]

[member="Celiana"]

"There are dozens..." She mumbled to herself, eyes going back down to the plate resting at her lap. Taking a more collected, formal stance, she spoke up. "I have... A few questions." She admitted. "Though, I'd much rather see your temple first. My master's always been meaning to take me to one of the different Jedi cells, we just haven't had the opportunity, with the Sith and all." Looking down reminded her of the plate of food, which in turn, rekindled her hunger. Taking another small spoonful, she kept quiet, savoring the food. It was hot, but she didn't complain. In the span of fifteen minutes, she gobbled the rest down, not leaving a scrap untouched. Sure, it was somewhat embarrassing... Then again, she couldn't care less.

The food did make her sluggish, but she couldn't sleep. Not before getting to know her surroundings, at least. collecting her plate, cup, and silverware, she headed into the kitchen, stacking them on the sink. "Shall I help you with the dishes?" She asked, hoping to please her host.

There are dozens...I have a few questions, though I'd much rather see your temple first. My master's always been meaning to take me to one of the other Jedi cells, we just haven't had time with the Sith and all. Then she spoke again asking if she could help me clean dishes. This girl, Gods and Goddesses...The question of "shall I help you with the dishes?" She was coming off more and more as eager to please.

Not a bad thing, but she shouldn't carry out her life like that wanting to please everyone. "No it's ok leave them in the sink I'll get to them later. You've seen my cabin, but you've yet to see the rest of my ship. I'll give you a few minutes to get changed into those clothes that should fit better. I'll be outside when you're good for the grand tour. We'll get underway here before too long, I'll plot the course back to Voss as we go through and I show you around."

Then I stood outside my cabin waiting for Thema to get dressed again. Pulling out several shorter strips of leather form my last actual hunting trip I began braiding them together as I held my sabers in front of myself using The Force. I carried several types of crystal shards with me now after my last project using saber crystals. Each had holes drilled through them and levitating the crystal shards I threaded them through with strips of leather continuing to braid the leather around the base of my sabers giving them a leather wrapped grip. Tying down the leather wrapped hilts using my mind I simply levitated both my sabers in front of myself threading the strips of leather through the crystal fragments. Aqua, Ice Blue, Forest Green, and Ocean Blue along with different small fragments of Amberite Singing Crystals.

Tying down the crystal fragments on one saber with my mind as it levitated I actually tied the other leather threads down myself making sure they were secured. As Thema emerged from my cabin I let my sabers float back to my hands before clipping them to my belt again. Moving to face Thema I could hear the musical tinkling of the crystal shards bouncing together and feel them bounce against my upper thighs. "So,ready for the tour now?"

[member="Thema Csapla"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom