Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jedi Down

[SIZE=10pt]As the wyrm had forgotten about him Nikias was able to get himself out of the tongue that had been coiled around him. It was slippery and the scent of it took his breath away[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] and not in the good way. With the threat of being a potential meal over Nikias was able to actually focus on the tower chamber he stood in. Not only had the outside been different from the city so to were the innards. The tile floor was ridiculously clean and one could even see their reflection in it and the walls seemed as though they had been made from some shiny golden metal. Hearing a rattling coming from his robe pocket Nikias pulled out the recording device to see that it had also been destroyed and had probably played a large role in Nikias’ shoulder popping out of place.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Holding his right hand over the shoulder Nikias slightly focused on the limb and a second later it was forced back into place by a small push. Eyes widening and a groan escaping his lips Nikias spent a few seconds having to gather himself after the sharp pain. It was never an easy thing to pop a shoulder back into place. Wish I was a healer. He thought as feeling began to return to the limb. Without the recording device everything Nikias had given warnings about earlier would reach no one’s ears[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] others could possibly fall into the same trap and the Sanctum could be in danger if they sent a rescue party after him. Trying one last time to open a channel to the pilot Nikias was rewarded with static. “Stang!” He shouted feeling his rage build up. Not only was he trapped on a Sith planet[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] but in a city where the moment he walked outside wild beasts would be aiming to make a meal of him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Without anything else to do Nik turned his full attention to the tower hoping to find some way out of it[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] or even possibly a ship of his own he could claim. The chamber he stood in had an unnaturally high ceiling looking as though it stretched to the top of the tower[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] and in the center of it stood a font. Upon closer examination there were signs of a blackened residue[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] but it didn’t take a genius to know what it was. “Pour some blood in the font and it drinks it all up.” Nikias joked though truly not in the mood for it. Bet this opens some secret chamber. Nikias thought as it reminded him of the holofilms he had watched. Pulling out a dagger Nikias sliced it across his palm with no hesitation. There weren’t many other choices. It was either go outside and be a meal or go deeper and possibly end up a meal. Choices… Choices.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The cut from the dagger stung his palm and from it he let the blood flow. It started as a small trickle and then began to grow as Nikias closed his hand into a fist. Slowly the font began to fill and the more it did the colder the tower became. Behind him Nikias heard a loud slam as the tower doors slammed shut trapping him in and the tower itself began to shake and on the opposite side of the font Nikias saw the wall beginning to slide open revealing a secret hallway. It was bathed in a red glow and a shiver retreated down Nikias’ spine. He would’ve recorded what he was seeing if he had been able to[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] now all the jedi could do is aim to survive and escape the cursed city. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Any sane person wouldn’t have entered the hallway[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] secret entrances were never a good thing[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] but what other choice did Nikias have? Go outside and get eaten? He was cut off from his pilot[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] the soldiers that had been accompanying him were dead… He was at a loss for what to do so he entered the hallway and behind him the entrance slammed shut. “And now I’m trapped… Again.” The hallway was made of the same golden metal that the main chamber had been made of and at the far end was a bright white light as though Nik was about to leave the land of the living. Though even from a distance Nikias could hear voices[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] or a voice. The last time Nik had went exploring a ruin with another jedi he had ended up getting slammed through a pillar of stone by a Nightsister. Taking his chances[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] he entered a sprint for the end of the hall.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]For one there was no turning back[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] and the wall was far too thick for him to blast his way through. Even more so he was sure that the metal wouldn’t easily give way to his powers. Running as fast as he could Nikias followed the light even if he was running straight for his death he would be prepared to go out with a fight. No longer was he some padawan that sat on the sidelines having to watch as the Masters and knights entered combat. He was so much more now. Saber grasped in his right hand Nikias took the final step into the brightly lit chamber. The bright white lights blinded the jedi causing his head to real back and his right arm moving to block out the light.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Eyes adjusting to the bright light Nikias was welcomed by a woman that was stood in the center of the chamber. The walls[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] floor[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] ceiling[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] all of it was white and the light reflected off the surfaces. The woman herself was unnaturally pale[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] skin the color of chalk. Her eyes were a bright orange almost looking as though they were twin suns that burrowed their way into Nikias. For the most part she was incredibly thin[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] on the boarder of appearing frail[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] however the thing that stood out to Nikias was the amulet in that seemed to wrap itself around her neck. “We have finally had a visitor after all this time… How wonderful.” She said her voice honeyed as though she was trying to appeal to Nikias. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]On guard Nikias kept his lightsaber tight in his grip[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] as the woman looked him over like he was a speeder for sale. “Aw a jedi[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], and may I ask what exactly a jedi is doing on Ziost? Much less in my temple?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Your temple?” Nikias asked choking out the words[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] the woman before him barely looked a day older than twenty. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Oh? Has it been that long?” The woman asked turning and walking away from Nikias and to the corner of the room where on a table lay a dead Tuk’ata. “Has the galaxy truly forgotten about me? About my home[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] about the legacy I crafted?” She asked and slowly Nikias could hear the anger pouring into her voice. Reaching down near the deceased Tuk’ata’s corpse the woman lifted a dagger and drove it down into the creatures hide.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]On edge Nikias dare not move deeper into the chamber as the woman seemed off in more ways than one and his mind was speeding like a freight train trying to piece everything together. “Just who are you?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Oh the jedi never told you about me?” She asked spinning on her heels a shocked look on her face before contorting into amusement. “They never told you about the jedi exiles? About Sorzus Syn?! The true Sith?!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A faint pain throbbed in Nikias’ temples and slowly he regained consciousness his head rolling as he tried to take what was happening into account. At first he didn’t even remember where he was then it all came to him. Trying to shoot up Nikias found his hands and legs bound. “Aw aw aw. You’re not going to want to do that[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] I’m at the most important part.” Syn said as she passed back in to Nikias’ vision a slight smirk upon her face. “I more prefer to perform such things on the deceased but you are far too valuable to let die.” She said as she placed a rag on Nikias’ head. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Why… Why didn’t you kill me?” Nikias asked remembering how each of the other Sith he had ran into had tried to take his life at one point or another or cause him as much pain as possible to ruin his life. One Sith Lord had even tried to turn Nikias at one point in his jedi career.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“I didn’t kill you because you are valuable. Didn’t I already say that?” The sith asked not even stopping with the procedure. Dipping her hands into a red liquid that at first appearance looked to be blood she pulled them out and placed them direction on to Nikias’ chest. Upon closer examination the liquid was as thin as water cancelling out the earlier theory that it was blood. “I need a new host if you’re curious. Not as though it will matter.” Syn said as she closed her eyes and began a chant beneath her breath.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A burning sensation filled Nikias’ chest as the chanting went on in a language Nikias couldn’t understand. His entire body felt as though it was being lowered into lava as he fought against the restraints a bloodcurdling scream escaping him without him even noticing or caring. “ARGH!” Nikias screamed as he curved his back trying to do anything to break free of the bonds that held him. The Sith didn’t seem to care anything about the pain that the jedi was suffering and continued her chanting. Nikias’ vision began to blur from the pain and every joint in his body screamed as though it was growing unnaturally. “NO!” Nikias screamed. He had been tortured at the hands of the Attikans and even that couldn’t compare to what he was currently feeling. His scalp tingled and sweat rose up on his body soaking the table beneath him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Seconds felt like hours[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] and minutes felt like an eternity as Nikias’ screams echoed off the metallic walls. Removing her hands from his chest Sorzus stood and looked down on the jedi. “Jedi always want to show how brave they are but when put to the test they never hold up.” Picking up a towel she wiped what remnants of the red liquid remained away.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Gasping for air Nikias glared at the Sith. “What. Did you do to me?” He choked out barely strong enough to finish the sentence.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Did to you? No its what I did for you. I cured you of the poison that ran in your veins.” She said looking back at the jedi a smile on her face.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Why? Would you do that for me?” Nikias asked his brain fried as his thoughts tried to realign themselves and think of any way to escape.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“I told you once before I need a new host[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] and this one is… Inadequate.” Sorzus said sitting on the operating table next to Nikias and stroking a hand through his white hair. “You know; this body isn’t my own. I took it from the last jedi[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], like you who wandered in to my temple. Oh how brave she was[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] proclaiming that she’d never let me escape…” Removing the towel from Nikias’ head she further examined him as the color came back to the Hellyni’s skin. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“She actually succeeded. She used my own powers against me and bound me and her together in this tower where we could never leave. Over the years I have had time to think about what has happened,[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] my failings. Waiting for another to come[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] to free me. You are that one.” Sorzus said her hand moving to stroke Nikias’ cheek. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Your potential in the force is great,[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] and untapped. I can certainly do much more with you[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] and when we’re free we will rule the galaxy together.” Syn said placing her forehead against Nik’s. Backing away she waved her hand and the restraints around Nikias’ wrists and ankles shattered. Gathering the strength to move Nikias scanned the chamber for anything that he could use to kill the Sith[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] and there it was. In the corner of the room was his saber sitting on the table just waiting to be claimed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Eyes darting between the lightsaber and the Sith’s back Nikias focused wrapping the weapon in an invisible grip and preparing to fling it at the Sith’s back. “You know another Sith lord tried to get me to join her once… I’m going to give you the same answer I gave her.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“OH? And just what was that?” Syn asked her hands tucked into the sleeves of her robes. Her guard was completely down which should’ve screamed warnings to Niki but he didn’t care. All he knew was that he couldn’t allow the Sith to have his body. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“This.” Nikias said and with a nod of his head his saber sprung from the table and sped towards the Sith. Mid-flight the purple saber activated and plunged itself into Syn’s stomach. Piercing through her the saber ran her through similar to a fish. There was no anger on her face[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] no signs of pain. But a smile. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The saber deactivated and flew back to Nikias’ palm while Sorzus’ body collapsed to the ground. Her breathing labored but through them the sounds of a wicked laugh filled the chamber. The gold eyes began to gloss over and the body began to become dust starting from the feet and working its way up to the rest of her body. With a slight glance at Nikias[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Sorzus mouthed something before the body finished collapsing into dust. From among the dust something shifted and as Nikias got up to see the amulet flew out of it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Unable to react Nikias felt the amulet land in the center of his chest followed by an intense stinging pain that soon felt as though someone was branding him. Portions of the amulet even moved bonding itself to Nikias. The pain when he had been getting healed was worse than it[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] but mentally and spiritually Nikias felt as though he was being torn asunder. A well of untapped rage filled him and a dark presence seemed to merge with Nikias chilling him to the core. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Soon enough he heard a voice inside his mind[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] it was not the dark voice he was used to. Not the one that had haunted his dreams and every waking moment. No this was the voice of Sorzus Syn and then Nikias’ consciousness was yanked beneath a wave of darkness.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Waking up Nikias found himself standing in a room that was pitch black[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] he couldn’t even see ahead of him but what he heard was Syn’s voice. “This body is no longer your own jedi! It belongs to me now.” The Sith said with confidence. Materializing before Nikias he could see the true form of Syn. Not in the incarnation that he had just slain[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] but with a large set of robes on that were pulled low over her face. Beneath the hood Nikias could see the gray skin and the glowing red eyes that looked at him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“I have to disagree.” Said a second voice and popping into existence was Nikias himself[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] but this one was darker. His hair unkempt[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] and his eyes were completely black lacking pupils. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Trellos?” Nikias asked looking over at the embodiment of the voice that tormented him regularly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“The one and only.” Trellos offered with a bow to Nikias.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“What is this?!” Sorzus spat looking between the two incarnations of Nikias but the original was just as confused as her and also looked at Trellos.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“And here I thought Sith knew everything.” Trellos said as it moved to stand at Nikias’ side. “I for one can’t simply stand off to the side while some Sith tries to take our body.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“What?” Head jerking back as though he’d been smacked Nikias looked at Trellos. “Why are you helping me?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“I’ve always been trying to help you,[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] from the very beginning I’ve been urging you to claim me and know the truth. That what you believe isn’t whats true.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Standing off to the side lips pressed tightly together the Sith growled. “You are not stronger than me! You are nothing but a whelp! You lack the ability to even defend yourself”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“While we may be weaker than you it doesn’t mean we can’t contain you.” Trellos said extending a hand to Nikias. “Together we can bind her[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], even now her spirit merges with our own[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] but we can still fight her. You just have to trust me.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Your pitiful friendship can’t resist the powers of my amulet!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“No it can’t[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] but our minds certainly can… Last chance.” Trellos said. “If not for me[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], for the ones we care about. Orihime[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Zak[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Xander[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Valae[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Cadmus[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] our brethren… Joza.” The dark embodiment offered. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]With no other choices before him Nikias reached out and snatched the offered hand. The moment he touched it Nikias felt a shift in himself as Trellos dematerialized into golden lights that merged with Nikias’ being. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“NO! You can’t do this!” Sorzus screamed but it was soon drowned out by the memories that flooded into Nikias. No longer did he only remember portions of his torture like he once did[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] he remembered it all. The days of beatings[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] being starved and then handed mere scraps of food and having to survive on them. Most of all he remembered what truly happened[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] his brother had not sacrificed his life for Nikias. Nik had taken it on his own free will. Everything Nikias knew had been broken[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] but instead of feeling sorrow he felt complete[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] as though everything about his life was slowly falling in place. His heart was wounded but he had a newfound strength. By accepting the darker part of his memories Nikias was made whole again. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Releasing a battlecry Sorzus dived at Nikias her fingers outstretched and sharp as talons. At the same time Nikias looked up and spread both of his arms as his body glowed gold. It was here that the battle for nikias’ body began and in an instant it was decided with a wild explosion of energy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Eyes fluttering open Nikias felt his mouth dry[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] and his head was killing him. Though this wasn’t the same Nikias that had always been[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] it was a new one. He had accepted all parts of himself and as he remembered holding his brother Vinikas in his arms Nikias cried. For the first time in a long time he cried letting the tears fall freely[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] the amulet still embedded in his chest and now he could feel the dark presence that accompanied him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“You have won this battle but you have not won the war.”[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Sorzus said as an image of her materialized before Nik. Her face contorted in rage at her defeat.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“As long as I still breathe you shall never be free.” Nikias said to the spirit his voice shaking and with a glance to the enraged spirit he stood and walked away. The dark presence weighed on him and Nikias felt as though his entire being was being destroyed[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] but he assured himself that he would not let her win.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]With the death Sorzus’ past body the spell on the tower seemed to have broken. The tower shook and soon enough the doorway Nikias had entered the chamber through opened and his com chirped on. “Jedi Knight Nikias can you hear me?” Nikias heard the voice of the pilot shout over the com link. Never had he been so relieved to hear another voice. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“I hear you… How long has there been radio silence?” nikias wasn't sure just how long he'd spent battling the sith for control of his body, but even then it who knew how long she had spent healing him earlier. "Have there been any reports from the rest of the squad."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Its been quiet for over three hours, I tried calling multiple times but there was no answer. I got nothing but static. what happened to the rest of the squad?" The pilot asked a bit of strain in his voice as though he feared the answer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“They... Didn't make it. I'm sorry.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]There was a heavy sigh over the com and Nikias half thought that the pilot would leave him behind. "Do you want an evac?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"First fly over the village and tell me what you see." Nikias didn't want the pilot landing in the midst of all the chaos that had been going on earlier. he didn't even know if he'd be able to leave the tower.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"Roger that... All I see is- BY the force that's the largest skeleton I've ever seen!" [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Nikias thought back[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] just as the spell had been broken upon the last hosts body so to had the creations and spells it had cast. “I found out what it was[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt],[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] land near the tower.” Nikias commanded and looked down at the amulet embedded in his chest and with a look over his shoulder he saw the image of the Sith exile glaring at him.[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom