Jaeger Class Combat Armor
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a flagship product for Jaeger Solutions.
- Image Source: 1 │ 2
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source:
- AV-1c Combat Armor │ Powersuit
- Manufacturer: Jaeger Solutions & Aegis Systems
- Model: Jaeger Class Combat Armor
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Modularity: Aesthetic Modifications & Software Updates
- Production: Minor
- Material: Reinforced Duraplast │ DE-MK 1 Crystal Core
- Classification: Multipurpose Power Armor
- Weight: 81.64 kg
- Resistances: High
- Kinetic: High
- Lightsabers: Low
- Ion/EMP: High
- Sonic: Low
- Extreme Temperature Changes: Low
- Acumen Electronic Suite
- Corporis Skin-Suit
- K-64 Targeting System
- Osseus Class Exoskeleton
- Xayinas Class Slicer Droid
- NADIR P-Series Crushgaunt
- Master-Grav 1000 Grav Boots
- Survival Series Backpack
- Eternity Droid Guardian System
- Sentinel Series Utility Belt
- Aegis SH13LD & TunnelNet VPN
- Übermensch -This armor system is top of the line. High durability, numerous technological assets, and multi roled equipment layouts make this the most superior armor on the galactic market. This armor system can turn a measly little human being into an apex predator on the battlefield.
- With droids, augmentation systems, and everything in the kitchen sink, the armor allows an almost infinite amount of angles to approach nearly any situation. From hostage situations, ambushes, defensive positions, to all out war, there is nothing that the suit can not plan for should the user wearing it be capable.
- Able to withstand everything from the vacuum of space to more robust challenges such as Mustafar, the armor is entirely well regarded to move about many of the galaxies challenges with little harm to user; so long as they respect what they face. In turn, for those requiring standard environmental protection for a number of combat theaters, this is the underlay to acquire.
- With enough sensors to turn two eyes into a thousand, The Acumen HUD is able to collect any information about the local vicinity required; even passing said information to the various squad members around the user. This all encompassing view allows for supreme tactical advantage in any situation, which is seen as fundamentally the most important aspect of any battle.
- With servomotors so tightly wound, wearers of the exoskeleton are able to lift far more weight than they would be able to traditionally. This is done through a series of parallel stringed motors able to each take a small weight; multiplied many times over allows a simple elbow to lift and support far more weight than would be normally able to be done without the suit.
- Just as with strength, the suit come with a computer that not only learns a users standard running and walking process, but begins to duplicate it with added efficiency. Utilizing the same servomotors that add strength, both skill and jumping are increased to better allow the user to gain mobility on the battlefield. In effect becoming human cavalry.
- Due to the various motors utilizing their own energy, with a serious synergy with normal muscle sinew; the final ability of the suit allows users to fight continuously using far less energy.
- Everything & The Kitchen Sink -Due to how many systems are onboard the armor, it weighs a proverbial ton. To counteract this, the Osseus Class Exoskeleton is required to allow standard movements and normal operational conditions where a normal person may suffer both from fatigue and outright pains from the abysmal weight rested upon their soon to be weary shoulders.
- Due to the largely electronic nature of the combat armor, it takes a very large amount of energy to power these things, especially in a combat engagement. During normal, non-intensive operations, the armor can last around 24 standard hours. However, during battle the systems take a rather large toll on the primary power core and force the wearer to recharge
- While the Jaeger offers more than ample protection in most situations, going toe-to-toe with those glow-rod wielding space wizards isn’t the best bet for these bad boys. They’ll suffer in combat against those who wield lightsabers.
- With all the eggs in one basket, the Jaeger Class Combat Armor finds its greatest strength in its systems. However, with it being its greatest strength, it too is its greatest weakness; as without these there is almost no chance for the user to be able to actively participate in combat.
That is to say, should a military grade ion blast ever hit a soldier in this armor, one of a few things may happen. Either the suit will shut down, and the user will be forced to lug it and their backpack around wherever it is they intend to plant their archaic flag, or the micro-servo motors in the exoskeleton will spasm and kill the user in a moments notice. A seriously negative weakness it has, that few even care to mention, is that the exoskeleton is still able to run rampant and destroy the user.
- With so many systems dedicated to external support and intercommunications between squad mates, there is the glaring weakness of simply jamming the signals between the soldiers. In effect, this could destroy their silent tactile capacity, and force them to use more archaic hand signals or verbal commands. Without access to command, each other, or updated objectives, they would become sitting ducks until communications could be restored.
- Although unlikely, should the suit ever be exposed to drastic temperature changes there is a severe chance of damage occurring to the self sealed and regulated systems beneath the armor. Effectively, should the compromise ever occur the user would be subjected to whatever the exterior enviroment would consist of, almost instantly. Most often, this would occur in near-death, if not outright ruin.
- While there's an option to actually download the signature-based detection engine, the SH13LD loses an immense part of its detection and removal functions. Without a HoloNet uplink to utilize the heuristic-based engine and updated signatures, the host system becomes susceptible to more zero day threats.
- Due to the microcomputer and its numerous processes to manage the servos in each join; should it ever be hit by a direct ion strike the computer would spasm and cease. While not an issue should the skeleton actually lose power prior to this, there is the glaring issue of the entire armor seizing with the user in it; effectively maiming them with every joint being broken in a moments notice. While there are ways to counter this, Jaeger finds them too expensive for mass production and therefor leaves this to users who wish to buy it separately.
The Jaeger Class Combat Armor was designed, field tested, and produced by Jaeger Solutions, with help from various other organizations outside their own. From the ground up, there was blood sweat and tears dropped into the design phase of the flagship product, perfectly allowing it a masterful balance of prowess and more. Even after the hardships of managing all the systems on paper, the true test came from building and testing all the components together and working past the loss of life as failure after failure was incurred.
In the end, a vessel so grand came about that every special forces operational unit in the galaxy was looking at it for their next gig. From Hutt Cartels to Naboo Royal Guard services, there was nobody who was exempt from looking at and lusting over the beautiful design that this was. With a near infinite tactical capacity, and a tank like build, there is little that can truly work through the armor; just short of anti-vehicle arms and Ion weaponry.
Jaeger Solutions took months to work through every step of the process, even with an extremely powerful AI doing the majority. A few crazy words from the de facto CEO, and another system was pressed into its Duraplast folds; all the while the entire system became more expensive and more powerful. In the end, the goal wasn’t for a ‘moderate’ vessel of war, but a magnum opus of not only a company, but of the battlefield.
In its electronic systems, there is no stone left unturned. With droids capable of establishing a force multiplied defense, to slicing into any system the soldier meets, to even space grade combat abilities, with weapons to boot. It's no lie that the armor is expensive enough to buy someone a small city, but the returns one gets from it pay back ten fold when considered in a war environment.
So nicknamed ‘The Warframe’, the Jaeger Class Combat Armor is fully built to not only have a soldier survive in war, but thrive in it.
Inside of the Jaeger Combat Armor is a plethora of internal systems and components. It’s a technological marvel at how the architects and designers were able to fit this much tech within an exoskeletal frame without crushing the wearer with sheer weight, but they did it - and this is the end result.
First and foremost is the Acumen Electronic Suite. This electronic asset supports the tactical functionality of the armor itself. Sporting a Command and Control (C2) style of tactical communications and heads-up-display suite, it creates a constant influx of tactical data and information directly relating to the current operations being undertaken. Alongside this electronic system is the Corporis Skin Suit, which is an armored underlay/thinsuit hybrid that shields the wearer from a multitude of environmental factors while also being fairly comfortable.
The overall frame of the armor relies upon the Osseus Exoskeleton. Far exceeding human terms of strength, speed, and endurance, the frame also supports the heavy weight of the armored frame. Thick, reinforced duraplast plating supported by servomotors offers an overall enhancement to the physical capabilities of the wearer to improve combat effectiveness.
Another component that plays a large role is the Xayanis-class Slicer droid mounted on the back plate. This little bot, mounted onto a charging pack via magnetic grips, is an invaluable electronic warfare asset to the warfighter. Individually assigned to each soldier, they can be deployed via voice command to provide access to unauthorized or otherwise secure areas and even mine data from targeted computer systems.
The hands and feet play large roles in combat. So the Jaeger Combat Armor has been designed to help augment these aspects. Crushgaunts are fielded to every model, enhancing the hand-arm strength of the wearer exponentially while the MasterGrav boots bring maneuverability to a whole new level.
Upon the utility belt sits numerous technological assets as well, namely that of the Eternity-class Droid Guardian System. Two very small droids can be deployed, sporting integrated blaster pistols, that protect the wearer from assailants and boast programming algorithms to detect ambushes
And finally, there are minor systems in place to ensure maximum effectiveness in combat. An advanced targeting system helps improve the accuracy of all weapon systems. Working alongside Aegis Systems, there are anti-malware programs and virtual private networks installed in each model of the armor to ensure the confidentiality of all communications and data stored inside.
As powerful as the Jaeger Class Combat Armor is capable of being in the battlefield, there are still a number of weaknesses that force it to recuperate. The first, and most glaring, is the fact that almost every system in it is dependent on a steady energy source, and while attempts were made to power it with the likes of Crystal Cores, it still is able to draw so much energy that prolonged use will cause it to fail. To counteract this, a mobile generator has been included in the backpack given to the user to better allow for long term deployments or prolonged combat operations.
Still, this is not where the ‘electrical feedback’ ends, as the exoskeleton that allows such a massively heavy armor to even be utilized is actually fully capable of spasming should the user receive sufficient shock. With so many micro servo motors, the unfortunate soul who gets electrocuted would face severe backlash as every motor within the system would turn rogue. Fully twist, torquing each limb to its max, anyone who is faced with such a fate would have every joint in their body broken in a moments notice, crumpling their body into a small paste of what it was prior.
Lastly, while many of the resistances and power the armor hold allow it to be tactically accessible to every unit trained for it, there is the ever present issue of cost of product and training. To say this, the armor itself is very expensive, and to even get ahold of it through Jaeger Solutions (who is on backorder) is a serious headache, but to get a authorized representative down to train whoever it is that is going to utilize the armor is something else entirely. Unlike most armors, this can not be simply put on and strapped together; this requires training to utilize the servo motors naturally and effectively, while also allowing the sensor suite to not overwhelm the user with information overload.
All in all, while the system is certainly powerful, it is not all powerful. Just as all gods eventually fall, so too can anyone wearing this armor.
Although a great armor meant for many forces across the galaxy, there are drawbacks that balance it outright. From its electronic packages to something more standard, there is a near infinite options in tools to be utilized, but even that must be used in a tempered manner lest you get serious feedback.