Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've Seen You Before

The Jedi Padawan Antares Windu walked through the crowds that were outside the cantina. He was still relatively new to the planet of Coruscant and he might as well get to know the inhabitants of the planet. Though, he didn't plan on ever returning to a cantina based on what he has heard of them. Though he doubted any gun fights, or lightsabers would be swinging around this one. At least he hoped.

Pushing open the doors to the cantina, Antares Windu scanned the crowds inside the cantina. The night was only getting started and so there weren't that many people in there as of yet. Though he didn't doubt there would be more denizens within there within the next few hours.

Taking a seat at one of the farthest booths from the door, though the one booth that gave him a positioning to see every single patron as they entered and left, and gave him a view on every person while he was at the backs of most of them, so that was a plus. Eventually he would find the right person to begin talking to. Maybe.

@[member="Coci Sinopi"]

@[member="Antares Windu"]

One must keep ones finger on the pulse. Coruscant, filled with intrigue, crime all all types, sentient beings good and corrupt pumped it's beat continually. On this night, Coci had entered into the lower levels to meet with her informers, no real purpose for it other then to maintain the 'friendship' and keep the contacts warm and happy. A few credits goes a long way to establish a more fruitful relationship with them, and she had known them for years now and knew what buttons to push.

But the night errands are over and time to relax before heading back to her small apartment. A smile crossed her face at the thought of it, it was no longer a cold lonely place and she enjoyed her time there even if Talon was not present, the sense of him is and that filled her with pleasure. However, tonight she decided to relax and have drink before returning home. She spotted a cantina up head, one she has not ventured into before, but no matter.

The place is crowded and pumping with night life, she could get lost in her and that suited her fine. She approached the bar and waited for the bar keep, whiskey over ice just the ticket tonight. Soon a drink sat before her and she took it up to drink. Her head turning to take in the action around the bar, she turned her body and leaned her back against it, enjoying the music.

He didn't sense the girl as she entered, but he recognized her. Though, he didn't know from where and so he had decided that it was time to move and speak to somebody. He had been there for quite a while. At least he wasn't wearing his Jedi robes, that probably would have gotten him no where in a cantina such as this. He doubted people in this cantina wanted to see someone within Jedi robes.

And when he got to the bar he heard the woman speak of her order to the bartender and he sat down next to her just as she started to spin around upon the stool or chair. He ordered his glass of water, with plenty of ice. Coldness, it was what he loved and he smiled to himself when he took his first sips and he turned his head sidelong to look at the woman. Yes, he definitely recognized her when they were closer together. "I think we might have met before." He said casually, before looking back over the crowd.

She had felt a presence move toward her, one that was familiar but she did not know the man. This is not unusual to say the least, one felt the presence of the force in others constantly in varying degrees. She turned her head to look at him after he spoke, his face known to her from the Academy, a Jedi Padawan she had seen there.

"Met yes, spoken no", she simply said in her blunt way as she took another sip of whiskey swirling the ice in the glass. "What brings a ... person like you here?", she said not wishing to give away his true identity.

He smiled when he noticed what care she took in saying 'you'. It was something to admire. Loyalty and honour. "People must love your loyalty, huh?" He said with the slightest hint of a grin. And then he turned his head to look at her again and he watched her for a few moments. He gave her a once over, for the first time and then finally spoke. "I am new to the planet. I was curious about the people here." He said with the same hints of a grin on his face. And when his mouth cracked open, pure white teeth were shown and then the crack was gone and his lips closed.

Leaning back on the bar slightly, he waited a few moments to let his words sink in before he said, "what brings you here? At such a time?" He said. He was curious, though he recognized her now. He had seen her on several different planets within the last few weeks, and even at the Tython Jedi Academy. That was something. So she had the Force and she was a Jedi, that much was certain. Though he had realized that before, the Force part at least. The Jedi thing was quite...unnerving. "I was curious about a certain...Part of the Republic." He said with a side-glance to her with a sly grin. "I like to think...I bring quite a bit of...Intelligence, where ever I go."

@[member="Coci Sinopi"]

Coci just turned her body enough the place the empty glass on the bar and nodded to the Keep for another. Her eyes flicked to the Jedi .. without any outward sigh of emotion. Careful young one you are giving away far too much, she thought.. his comment obvious, "I don't know what you mean".

"I just come here from time to time to relax", it was a complete lie delivered in a casual manner. Her eyes looking around the room, it seemed 'peaceful' enough, no sense of impending events or danger for the moment, however that can change in the blink of an eye. She was, however, growing suspicious of the Jedi. His line of comment and questions giving her some options for thought.

He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. "Of course you know what I mean." He said with the slyest of grins yet. "Perhaps we should speak of this outside then? Or in a back room if there are any here?" He said with another shrug of his shoulders. It was clear he didn't care. He was playing the part of a laid back patron in a cantina. Though it was quite evident that he wasn't laid back. His eyes flicked around the room at all times, he wasn't able to view the whole cantina at the same time and that put him off. "Or we can sit over there?" He said, shaking his head in the direction to where he had been sitting previously. It was probably the best strategical seat in the house.

He was already sliding off of his stool to go in any of the directions that she would agree to, though he wouldn't be surprised if she said to go to the booth that he had been in, they didn't know each other yet, and she probably wanted to be somewhere visible. And so he already began taking his first step to the booth.

@[member="Coci Sinopi"]

Coci had no desire to speak to him about what he had indicated in the bar at all. If he wanted to know more it would be on her terms. She too, slide off her stool and followed, then caught up to him. She flashed a smile at him, a show to anyone about watch them. She raised her hand and gave him a wiggle of her finger, a suggestive indication for him to follow her. She went toward the back of the bar and located the back entrance. She pushed open the door and entered into the alley way at the back of the place. It is typical of Corscant alley .. dirty.

As she had thought of before, there are two possibilities to this 'chance' meeting and she was about to find out the answers.

He followed after her obediently. Seems like she didn't want to talk about Republic Intelligence within a cantina. That was fine by him, as long as he still found out about it. Once they were both outside and the door was closed he looked at her and folded his arms in front of him. "Speak then." The same grin was upon his face while he said it.

@[member="Coci Sinopi"]

She stood in the alley way and mirrored his stance with her arms folded. "Now you come up to me, start making obvious comments. I must wonder how you know what it is that I do? And then proceed to ask lots of questions. I am sure you can understand why I am so ... cautious with you. For all I know you are a spy", she said with a slight smirk. He if so much as twitched, her blaster would be in her hand and firing.

"I am not going to talk, you do the talking". she added.

He shook his head at the girl. "By bringing me out here, you confirm my suspicions." He said with a cocky grin. And then he shrugged his shoulders. "And you know who I am." He shrugged his shoulders. "At least you know what I am apart of, and you are apart of it as well." The grin remained on his face. "I am done talking now."

@[member="Coci Sinopi"]

"Yes I do know this, however that does not equate to you being good or not a spy", she smiled... "History has shown this". She turned to walk away, up the alley and onto the main street. She really had no need to remain, so she decided to leave. However, if he was .. interested in this line of work, he needed to show her.. he would follow. It would be better to walk and talk anyway, much safer.

"Well if you have done talking, then I bid you good night". She smiled as she continued to walk.

He just followed after her when she started to walk away. Eventually his long strides took him right next to her, and when he matched her pace he glanced sidelong at her and said, "tell me about yourself." He said with a grin.

@[member="Coci Sinopi"]

She heard his foot falls behind her and then move along side. She turned her head slightly to look him over. "No, it is irrelevant. And besides I like to keep to my self, if you are interested in what you have indicated, then we can talk on that". She said bluntly back.

"So what would you like to know .. about joining the intel game". She would remain obtuse for a while longer.

He wouldn't let his irritation show, though he continued on silently for a few more moments. "Very well." He said with a shake of his head. "At least your name then." He said while they walked through the Lower Levels of Coruscant. He was letting her lead, despite him leading the conversation for now. "Who do I speak to join?"

@[member="Coci Sinopi"]

Paranoid? yes you have to be in this game. Coci would not tell him the name of the director, he could still be gathering information for others and you never give away the bosses name. However, she decided to light up a bit.

"Coci Sinopi", she said, it would not hurt for him to know her name, beside she had been seen around the Order recently much to her dislike. But that could not be helped.

"I suggest you contact @[member="Vaudin Miir"] . He is my direct boss". It was time for her to ask questions... "Why do you want to join? ... Jedi".

All he did was smirk and say nothing. At least for a few moments. Instead while they walked he just watch other peoples, looking down alleyways, watching if they were being followed and the smirk was always present on his face.

"Intelligence is my forte." He said and he let his longer strides take him ahead of her as he just looked up the buildings around him.

@[member="Coci Sinopi"]

Her eyes lifted to follow his gaze, she wondered what he was looking for, she could sense nothing odd around them, but that can change quickly .. especially on this planet. "Well that is good, we can always use more help".

"What is it?", she asked now.

"Nothing." He said as they continued to walk through the winding lower levels of the city-planet that was known as Coruscant. It was quite a large place, a living city in itself. "My name is Antares Windu, Coci." He said and he glanced to his side to look at her with a warm smile, a genuine smile this time.

@[member="Coci Sinopi"]

"Antares Windu huh? interesting last name", she said smiling now. Finally, they reached the end of the alley way and into the main street. The street is crowded with people going about their business. The sky lanes in constant motion stream over head, with speeders whizzing into the unknown.

The place had a buzz about it, something Coci liked about Coruscant, constantly on the move and full of live.

She had one last contact to go and see before she would head back to her apartment for the night. "I have to go ... meet someone. If you really want to do this, join the .. GIA then come with me". She wanted to see if he was cut out for the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom