Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Itsumade-class Proton Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABPOkCt.jpg
Image Source: Deviantart
Name: Itsumade-class Proton Cannon
Intent: Creation of a standard anti-capital artillery piece that is ground-based or ship-based for the Inari Shogunate to utilize, and the Izanami Ironworks to utilize in its future starship vessel construction projects.
Development Thread: N/A, will be completed if necessary
Manufacturer: Izanami Ironworks
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Inari Shogunate
Modularity: Yes
  • Starship-based Firing Platform
  • Vehicle-based Firing Platform
  • Ground-based Firing Platform
Production: Mass Produced
Material:
Classification: Long-range Self-Propelled Artillery Unit
Size: Artillery Piece
Length: 9.6 meters
Weight: 1.2 metric tons
Ammunition Type:
  • Universal Adapter to any Starship, Vehicle, or Facility Power Generator
  • Proton Shells
Ammunition Capacity:
  • Breech Loader with Manual Reload (1 Round in Artillery Piece)
    Fast Reload: 1 seconds, risk of jamming
  • Standard Reload: 3 seconds
  • Automatic Reload: 6 seconds

Effective Range:
  • Minimum: 60 m
  • Maximum: 6000 m
Rate of Fire:
  • Single-Shot
    Fast Reload: 30 rpm
  • Standard Reload: 20 rpm
  • Automatic Reload: 10 rpm

Crew Requirements:
  • Automatic
    1 Commander
  • 1 Gunner

[*]Standard
  • 1 Gunner
  • 1 Loader

[*]Optimal
  • 1 Commander
  • ​1 Gunner
  • 3 Loaders

Special Features:
  • Automatic Loader System: The weapon has an automatic loading system, although it is much slower than manual reloading and more susceptible to mechanical failure due to the complexities of the loading process itself. Therefore, manual reloading is much more efficient, being faster and less susceptible to failure, and the automatic loader system instead provides assistance is provided built-in computer systems to the loaders of the weapon. This assistance comprises of readying new shells to be quickly loaded as well as repulsor generator systems to lessen the weight of the shells when being loaded.
  • Built-in Targeting Computer: Enhances sensor, compensating for dark, hazy, smoky or other visually impairing conditions and provides display data specific to the weapon's current operating mode and current targets within the vicinity. The sensors include infrared, StarVision low-light enhancement, and thermal. The weapon system, in addition, calculates the angle necessary for each spot and can be calibrated with tactical maps in order to precisely and accurately fire specific locations: therefore, terrain or obstructing obstacles are of no issue. The Itsumade-class Proton Cannon is even able to fire between starship formations with deadly accuracy and precision.
  • Various Firing Platforms: The weapon system has a variety of firing platforms which maybe utilized: starship-based, vehicle-based and ground-based. However, the Itsumade-class Proton Cannon has limited vehicle-based usage due to its size and single shot, manual breech loading nature: thus, the firing platform is rarely placed on tanks, and most often placed on large barges or towed by vehicle on a mobile firing platform.
  • Devastating Proton Shells: The proton shells of the Itsumade-class Proton Cannon are powerful, being able to deal significant damage to its targets. The damage of a proton shell is more powerful than a proton torpedo, roughly equalling the strength of a space bomb.

Strengths:
+ High Damage Output
+ Accurate and precise

Weaknesses:
- Cost
- Slow rate of fire
- High crew requirement, and greater susceptibility to loading error

- Immobile and difficult to house within starships

Quality: 3
Production Cost: 45,000 credits

• Material Cost: 12,000 credits
  • Manufacturing Cost: 27,000 credits
  • Labor Cost: 3,000 credits
  • Assembly Cost: 3,000 credits

Description:
Created and manufactured solely by Izanami Ironworks, the Itsumade-class Proton Cannon is an interesting artillery piece that was based on the J-1 Semi-Autonomous Proton Cannon of the droid armies of the Confederacy and Independent States. Furthermore, designers of the Izanami Ironworks discovered similar technologies in the Skocha-class Main Battle Tank, further prompting them to create a better and larger-scale version of both. Utilizing an assisted loading system coupled with advanced targeting computer systems akin to the droid brains that were used in the J-1 Proton Cannon, the Itsumade-class Proton Cannon stands as a higher-class artillery piece in the galactic battlefront.

When mounted onto ships, the Itsumade-class Proton Cannon requires the construction or repurposing of existing missile launchers, batteries or turrets on ships. The weapon can also be nestled within the ship itself and fired through firing ports, although this requires the ship to be specifically created for the Itsumade-class Proton Cannon or other deck cannons.

Primary Source:

[member="Kitsune"]

Ok just a few things. Your model should be what your production reads. And your production should be unique, Semi-Unique, Limited, Minor, Or Mass produced.

I do have a question though. How is this manually loaded on a ship if it sits on the hull's exterior like you describe it?

[member="Camellia Swift"]

When mounted onto ships, the Itsumade-class Proton Cannon requires the construction or repurposing of existing missile launchers, batteries or turrets on ships. The weapon can also be nestled within the ship itself and fired through firing ports, although this requires the ship to be specifically created for the Itsumade-class Proton Cannon or other deck cannons.
It's not meant to be mounted on the ship itself, although it can be. However if it is turreted, I have added an automatic system. I'm under the impression that if it turreted, it'll still be able to loaded manually inside of the turret. And if it is a deck cannon, then well, it can be loaded.

If it can't be loaded manually inside the turret, I wouldn't mind creating a droid specifically for the purpose of reloading this machine, other similar machines, and the purpose of repairing the ship.

@Kitsune @Soliael Devin Talith

My apologies, I was waiting on a tag and I guess the site didn't give me it. Pending secondary then, I'm sorry for the hold up.

Kitsune said:
Devastating Proton Shells: The proton shells of the Itsumade-class Proton Cannon are powerful enough to breach the shields of military-grade capital ships such as the Acclamator-class Assault Ship, or completely destroy dropships and small freighters in a single shot such as LAAT/i Gunship.

Serious problems with this. The single shot capability to breach shields of military grade of capital ships and the one shot kill of drop ships and small freighters is something, isn't allowed. Its over-powered. Please edit accordingly, if edits are refused the item is denied on concept. [member="Kitsune"]

[member="Kitsune"] It needs to be modified. I understand that its from a canon aspect from the universe we're roleplaying in, but its also a game. There needs to be a sense of balance and fairness despite the "canon" ruling on the weapons. No amount of dev will allow you to keep this standard. It needs to be nerfed.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

It has been modified to be vague, and I'll let writers determine its actual strength. That being said, I personally won't abuse it (well, I probably will never use it, because combat isn't my jam) and I'll try my very best to make sure that anyone who gets their hands on it/access to it, does not abuse it as well.

[member="Kitsune"] I need a range/limits/some numerical value, leaving it vague and "up to interpretation" allows the player to look it up and see that "according to canon" its a one shot penetration/kill.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Changed it to:

The damage of a proton shell is more powerful than a proton torpedo, roughly equalling the strength of a space bomb.
To give a more concrete value. Numerical values, I do not particularly know for weapons, and if there is some sort of guide, I would gladly follow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom