Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Time to Play the 'Gam

Lor grinned as he heard Rawnie come out of the shower. Their breakfast was safely tucked away in the fridge, and he'd managed to half-dress himself in the time she'd been in the shower. When she came out, he pulled her into his arms and kissed her as warmly as he could, ignoring the taste of mouthwash. He pulled away a little bit and smiled.​
"Better medicine for me than you, I think."
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
She was smiling when he pulled away from the kiss at last. He was sweet to her, romantic, but without being degrading. She appreciated that. He seemed to honestly respect her as a person and as a warrior. She leaned in to give him another quick kiss on the cheek before pulling out of his arms, shivering.

"The sooner we get out there and find what you need, the sooner we can lay down together."

Snuggles. And maybe more, if she was feeling any better.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor nuzzled Rawnie's cheek and squeezed her hand before she went to go get dressed. As much as her trying to fake being okay annoyed him, that sort of strength was part of why he loved her. She was a fighter, a hunter, and a warrior too. He had a great deal of appreciation for her abilities... all of them. And she, at the very least, pretty clearly respected something other than his gunslinging. Not that she'd been able to stop his self-deprecation, usually.​
"The sooner I get what I'm looking for, the sooner we get the rest we both need."
He smiled at her again and followed her into the bedroom instead of waiting out on the couch. It wasn't like he minded watching her put clothes on.​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Rawnie dressed quickly. She always dressed fast. At home, you didn't spend much time outside her armor, so you knew how to get into it fast.

"...sorry about, well, all that," she apologized awkwardly, "I don't know what my problem is."

She averted her eyes as she collected her personal items. She loved him for so many reasons, but not all of them were for his abilities in a combat situation. he had personality. That was enough.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor kissed Rawnie on the cheek and grabbed the belt that had her knife on it.​
"It's okay. You can even puke on me, if you have to. Just not on the couch. I'm very fond of that couch."
He gently put the belt on her and gave her a quick squeeze.​
"Besides, you're allowed to get sick. It's not like you went out of your way to."

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
She gave a weak smile. What could she say to that? She already felt so awkward about getting sick in front of him.

"I just... don't want you to think I'm going to have to rely on you for everything."

That was her worst fear. Being weak. Even just appearing weak. She had to work so hard to gain the respect she had and she knew that one slip up could make her lose that in a moment.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor smiled at Rawnie, giving her another squeeze.​
"No matter what you rely on me for, I rely on you to keep me from getting shot. That's a lot more than most guys can say for their wives, huh?"

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Was that... alright? To rely on her husband-to-be? If he relied on her as well? She hesitated a little before hugging him back.

"I will be the best wife I can. I promise. But I won't be perfect, Lor. I need you to swear you will tell me if anything isn't right."

After all, she'd never married before. What was a wife, if not a partner in all things?

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor grinned at Rawnie, leaning their foreheads together like he did so often.​
"I'll swear often and loudly if something's seriously wrong. That's what I do when I get shot, right?"
He closed his eyes for a moment, happily standing there.​
"I love you, and I trust you more than anybody else I know. As long as we're happy, everything will be alright."
Even -no, especially- if that meant they'd never stop moving, never really rest for long. Rawnie had gotten him truly addicted to this sort of lifestyle.​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
This was getting too.... cute. Made Rawnie feel like she was experiencing what average women called 'wedded bliss'. But they were not married just yet. Was it normal for a couple to be so affectionate?

"Alright, alright," she laughed, leaning in to give him a quick peck on the cheek, "I love you, Lor'ika. You know that. Come on now. We have things to do."

They'd spent enough time being sappy today.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor smirked and pulled away from Rawnie, leaving his grip on her hand.​
"I sound like a puppy, huh? Maybe I should lick you, just for a change."
He led her towards the hatch, smiling at the sight of one of his modified droidekas attempting to poke at the access panel. The somewhat garish flaming blue paint job the Chiss had given him identified him as Harley... He looked like a swoop bike, after all.​
"Poor bastard. C'mon, Harley, we're going for a walk."
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
The blonde gripped his hand as they walked out of the ship. She usually felt so silly holding his hand, especially outside the ship. Somehow, though, she felt so much... closer to him. Ugh... She needed to snap out of it! She was in public. She was a warrior!
Reluctantly, she let go of his hand.

"Do you know where we're going?"

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor's smile didn't fade when Rawnie let go of his hand. He'd expected as much when they walked outside. Even if other people showed their affection outside of home, she was always awkward about it. That was okay. Love didn't necessarily require physical contact. But, more importantly, there was work to do.​
"Vaguely. The best way to do this would be to ask a smith who they get supplied by."
Harley chittered something at Rawnie, giving her the droideka equivalent of what Lor assumed was a happy nudge.​
"And Harley knows this city better than I do."

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Rawnie nodded at this. Made perfect sense.

"I'll just stay close then. They may be more willing to speak to you if you have a mandalorian woman with you."

It was true. These smiths were very protective of their trade. It was practically considered sacred knowledge. An outside might have trouble. Rawnie though? Maybe not so much.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor simply shrugged at Rawnie's answer.​
"If this were anywhere else in Mandalorian space, I'd disagree. People assume I'm a vod all the time, Chiss or no. Keldabe's probably not as friendly towards random blue people, though."
She was totally correct, of course. The Mandalorian beskar smiths were notoriously protective of their work, and of the metal itself. Besides, it could be fun to watch somebody with as much stubbornness as Rawnie argue with somebody equally so.​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Rawnoe kept her mouth shut for the moment. Honestly, he acted more Mandalorian than he liked to think. There was a reason that people assumed he was one of them. But she didn't want to argue. He was absolutely determined to deny any real connection. Fine.

"You do the talking. I'll do the arguing."

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor grinned at Rawnie again, pointing at the first place that looked likely.​
"Well, visahot, let's go be diplomatic."
He playfully poked her in the side, and then walked towards the shop, happily drinking in the smell of burning metal and the loud noises.​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Well, this would be interesting. Her mothers people were a bit on the xenophobic side, but Mandalore was a planet of one culture, not one race. She had people in her clan who were anything from twi'lek, to well, chiss now. But sometimes, there were places here where anything other than human was met with skepticism. She walked with Lorane, hovering slightly, making herself seen, but silent.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

The moment Lor entered the shop, he could feel the owner's eyes on him. An older-looking man with gloves and a heavy bunch of other leather gear covering his body. He looked at the Chiss, snorted, and then went back to hammering.

"Bloody blue-faces think they can get at my gear, now. Why the hell would I do anything for you?"

Lor raised an eyebrow as he answered.

"You didn't even hear me say anything yet. I simply want a small amount of beskar for myself. My intention is to ask you who your supplier is."

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
It was about this time that Rawnie was getting irritated.

"Watch yourself," he snapped, "You don't want to keep talking to my husband like that."

She stood behind the chiss, arms crossed. He was with her. As far as this one knew, they were already married, and he'd been adopted as a child of Mandalore. Or he'd keep being a racist, and Rawnie would have to shake things up.

"Besides, he needs it for me," she continued, knowing this lie might just make all the difference.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom