Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Time to Play the 'Gam

Lorane was pretty understandably sick of getting the frak beaten out of him whenever he got into big fights. It hurt like a searoten'i, and even worse, it worried Rawnie. Not that she'd show the full extent of her concern. Deep down, his fiancee was still a bit of an ice queen.​
Anyway, Lor's solution was simple: Beskar. He needed better armor. What he had in mind, specifically, was a suit of relatively lightweight armor with an armorweave coat on top of it. And, hopefully, he'd be able to integrate his boots and gauntlet into it, too.​
He wasn't really thinking about that now, though. Happily dozing in bed with Rawnie was a bigger priority for the moment. Getting off the Bluebird and into Keldabe was something that could happen anytime. So was sleeping, but whatever.​
[member='Rawnie Tal'verda']​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Rawnie was tired. She was always tired now. Tired and nauseous. She lay curled up in bed, eyes staring ahead at the darkness as her fiance snuggled her from behind. She kept a trash can beside the bed, afraid of her own body right now. Maybe she had some flu? A bug or something? Being sick was the worst.

"Lor? You awake?"

She rolled over slightly to look at him. After all the tension with her and her ex, he never asked. He seemed to trust her. She appreciated it. No matter. The issue had been solved. They weren't friends like they used to be, but they were at least able to talk again. That was something. She was even thinking of inviting him to her wedding.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor opened one eye, grinning at Rawnie a little bit. He so badly wanted to find a way to cheer her up, with whatever this latest bout of sickness she was having was. This Keldabe trip probably wasn't the best way, but maybe it'd work.​
"Course I am, visahot. You alright?"
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Rawnie rarely got sick, and when she did, she could usually work past it. But this felt... different. She felt fine most of the time, then out of the blue, she'd be sick to her stomach. If it was at least consistent, she could work with it. Right now, it was just inconvenient.

"I'm fine right now," she answered, "Hey, aren't you a doctor? Shouldn't you have some cure?"

It wasn't how medicine worked and she knew that. Still, she liked to tease him about his medical license and how little he used it lately.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor knew Rawnie was teasing him, but the question of why he couldn't figure out what was wrong bugged him. He moved a bit closer so that he could see her better, and gently put his hand on her cheek.​
"Well, you don't have a fever. You wanna try eating breakfast?"
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Her stomach grumbled in response. She did want to eat, but, she didn't want to get sick again. She made a face and nodded reluctantly in response.

"Alright. I am a bit hungry."

She sat up in bed, pulling his shirt that she'd stolen for the night closed all the way, fixing a few of the buttons that had come undone in the middle of the night.

"What's the plan for today?" she asked, getting to her feet and stretching.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor rolled out of bed and put his glasses on, smiling at Rawnie again.​
"Well, I'm gonna go see if there's anybody in Keldabe who'll sell beskar to me. My old armor is shot to pieces."
He held her hand as they walked into the kitchen, and grabbed some pancake mix.​
"Pancakes first, though. And ice cream."

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
She walked out, hand in hand. Armor? Well, she was happy to hear about that. He worried her often. She was so afraid his shoddy armor would be the death of him one day. She wasn't ready to lose him. Not yet. All men had to die some day, but she wanted at least a few years, if they could manage it.

"I hope you find what you need," she replied, settling down at the table, "Beskar isn't exactly common anymore. It'll be pricey too."

Even her own armor was mostly a blend of materials. Only a small percentage was pure beskar, really, and that was just because they'd melted down bits of old armor from her fathers fallen brothers when she had her's made. In a way, it was like she was carrying them with her.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

"Yeah, I know. I've been stockpiling creds for it since the last time I got my ribcage smashed in. Jacket's gonna be all armorweave, and the plating is gonna be the only part of the armor that's actually beskar. I can probably make up for the rest."
Thinking up technical details while making pancakes was kind of cool. Lor finished the pancakes and dropped some ice cream on them before he went out and sat next to Rawnie.​
"Anyway, I figured you might actually want to come with me. Even if you don't like people much, Keldabe's nothing to sneeze at, right?"

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
The smell of the pancakes didn't bother her half as much as she thought it might, but the scent was way more intense than she remembered. Strange. Well, that was alright, as long as she wasn't throwing up. Maybe she was getting better after all. Of course, she thought that yesterday morning as well...

"It is the capital, home of the Mand'alor himself," she shrugged, "Of course I want to go. My brother got to speak to the last Mand'alor, got his permission to take the role of cheiftan of our clan. To be honest, I was really jealous that he got to come here and not me."

She'd never been there before. In all her travels, she'd never been to the capital of her own home world. Never has a reason to. Until now.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor kissed Rawnie's cheek before he took a couple of bites of his pancakes. That was an interest bit of trivia she'd thrown out there. The fact that Corrin had needed permission to take over their clan, rather than simply inheriting it from Calico.​
"Well, I'm sure our walk won't take us to anybody as glamorous as Mandalore, but we can still go wherever you want. Just have to end up at a trader sometime in the next couple of days."
He took another bite of the ice cream-y pancakes and grinned at her.​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Corrin was supposed to take Calico's position. It was supposed to be inherited. But then Calico disappeared and a body was never found. Her people were left in limbo. Was he alive? Dead? Rawnie and her mother chose to think he was alive. Corrin and the rest of the village? Dead.

"Oh, I would never think I was good enough to speak to the Mand'alor," she laughed, "That wasn't even on my mind. But yeah. We'll see."

She took a bite of her pancakes, then another. She was hungry. Very hungry. She watched the icecream melt off the fresh patties, So gooey, so sweet. She took another bite. So-

She dropped her utensils, stood up without a word and hurried to the bathroom to vomit.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor gave Rawnie a deadpan look.​
"Anybody who says you're not good enough gets my rocket boot to their-"
He sucked his teeth as she ran for the bathroom. Dammit, what was wrong with her stomach? He'd checked for everything he could think of, and she didn't have anything like a tumor, or an ulcer, or a space parasite, or even just the sort of bodily crap that was usually associated with stomach viruses. He sat down next to her and held her hair away from her face as she vomited.​
"Aw, Rawnie..."
When she finished, Lor held her and sat there on the floor with her.​
"I feel like crap for not being able to figure out what this is. And, of course, you feel worse. You wanna go see another doctor while we're here?"

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
She was crying. Tears ran down her cheeks. vomiting with almost nothing in your stomach was hell. It burned in the worst way. She just wanted to eat! What was the problem? Everything else seemed normal. She had a weirdly sensitive sense of smell now a days, but that could be her imagination. And she was a little late in her cycle, but she was never consistent there, so that was hardly abnormal.

She wiped her eyes on the back of her hand before he could see the tears. She hated crying. When ever she needed to, she did it in private. No need to bother people with it.

"I'm fine," she lied, "it'll sort itself out."

She... really hated doctors. Not Lor, of course. He was different. But... this sterile rooms, and those.... needles. She gave an involuntary shiver.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor felt a little bit worse when he saw Rawnie wipe her eyes. It meant she was crying, and she didn't want him to know. He felt her shiver a little, and he pulled a towel down to cover her a bit more with.​
"You're pretty not fine, but it probably will sort itself out. Doesn't seem like you've got any major infections or anything."
He took her hand and squeezed it, as he usually did when he was trying to comfort her.​
"Maybe some seltzer will fix you up for now. You still feel like coming outside?"

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
"I'm fine."

She insisted once again, more forcefully this time. The discussion was over. She was going.

"As long as I don't eat anything, I'll be okay."

She couldn't go without food forever, but she could manage for a couple hours.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor kissed Rawnie on the cheek and smiled at her.​
"That's a horrible lie, but I wasn't going to leave you here, anyway. You wanna shower or anything before we go?"

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
She slowly rose from the bathroom floor, nodding.

"Yeah. Let me wash up before we go out. Sorry, but I don't think I can eat the nice breakfast you made me..."

That really was a shame to her. Rawnie hated wasted food. In her clan, they could never afford to waste anything. So for her to not be able to eat something was an absolute tragedy.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor kissed Rawnie on the forehead and quickly squeezed her hand again.​
"I'll save it for you, visahot."
He gave her a teasing look as he left the bathroom.​
"Now go clean up so I can give you a proper good morning kiss."

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
The idea of leftover pancakes did not really appeal to her, but she was not about to say that. He was being kind to her. She smiled weakly as he closed the door. It took less than thirty minutes to wash up, most of which was her standing under the hot stream of water as her nausea ebbed away, and using mass amounts of mouthwash. Nothing was worse than the taste of stomach acid.

When she finished, she walked out in a towel, wet hair falling in waves across her bare shoulders.

"Now for that good morning kiss?"

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom