Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's The 5k Feedback Thread You've All Been Waiting For

5k is a big number. There was a point where Kahlil's posts compared to the posts of the other characters on this writer account were neck and neck, but he's long left that in the dust. 5k really just drives that home. So, it's feedback time for him. He's by far my most consistent now, considering he's basically number 2 on the top poster list after Valery Noble Valery Noble for months on end. Have all the posts been the greatest? No, no they have not. Do I care that much? A little, but only if it made the thread hard to continue on with. As of the last month or so I've been far more consistent with at least finishing threads and keeping them moving, so go me for that one I feel.

But yeah that's all I have to say. Hit me with what you got.

We will either find a way, or make one.
Kahlil Noble is a character that will never get enough credit in my opinion. Always a great, layered read he has a backstory that many others have (Zambrano), not that this is at all a bad thing. What separates Kahlil is how hard he is working to create his own legacy. I've never said this before, but this is a character that I always make a point of reading, regardless of whether I am in the thread or not.

Definitely of the greats, grapples with his dark legacy but doesn't let it define him or overshadow his own accomplishments. He's fought long and hard to get out of his father's shadow, and doesn't come off as someone who is solely defined by his relationship to his estranged family. He's more than them, ultimately he's greater than them, and galactic history will remember Kahlil Noble for his heroic deeds rather than his ill upbringing. Other than that, he's an amazing father, an amazing Jedi, a beacon of hope, and a voice of reason in a galaxy where personal interests often outweigh the needs of the many.

Just a bit of what I think of the character and how you've written him.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Big Meanie insulted my mom >:C

Memes aside, I think Kahlil acts as a great anchor for the NJO. No matter what's going on within the GA itself, you can always count on Kahlil and Val to be in the thick of it in some way. It's reassuring to see the head of a major part of the site's appeal, IE, playing jedi, is as active as he is in that part of the site. I'd love to do more with the character, maybe some threads of Jonyna and Kahlil getting to know each other's history more beyond Jonyna's internal struggles, and finding out how the two fit together. Jonyna's end goal is to become a master, and I'd love to have Kahlil be a major part in that.

I kinda like this guy, he's cute.
3.0.png

Kahlil is a character I’ve always kept an eye on in terms of his development. From the start, you’ve always looked ahead on what can be done with him and made sure there’s always something for him around the corner.

The relationship you have developed with him and valery is phenomenal, and I hope the two of you have more threads to come in the near future.

Of course finishing threads is a problem, but considering you take on so many I can see why it can be a struggle.

Keep up the good writing lad, for someone who posts so little you always make sure it hits the mark :)

3.0.png
I return.

In terms of actual feedback, I agree that your Kahlil stories have been going very strong, and that you pretty much always finish them. The ones that die, typically always fall apart over other people not posting anymore.

As for the character itself, a big plus to me that I've noticed is that you stay true to character very well. Someone mentioned it on my own feedback thread way back once, that a lot of people are very chaotic with their character's views, sometimes for the meme, or because they haven't really figured the character out.

But after so many posts, a lot of which written between us two, I definitely know and understand him. The way he is with his family, the protectiveness over his Padawans, his views as a Jedi — they're all very solid :D

I also remember that Salamander offered some feedback on your last thread about pushing stories along more, and I feel you've been good with that too! In our stuff, I've definitely felt an improvement <3

Love to write with you, and will keep doing so.

P.S. you owe me posts
1056584061520457823.webp

Kahlil has steadily become one of my favs. After living the very different life of a Sith Prince, I love how he settled to family life with Valery as a loving husband and father. Seriously, those cute lil dad moments kill me.

I'm a sucker for characters having a crisis of faith, but Kahlil is at a point where he's developed past that into someone with a rock-solid conviction. It feels earned. He's made his mistakes and knows who he is, and he's using his unique experience to guide the next generation of Jedi.

I also love how much of a steady, almost fatherly presence he's been for Cora, too. Rage room part 3 when?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom