Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's so dense

Hello,

Like probably all of you I thoroughly enjoy Star Wars and its related lore, and have enjoyed for some time RP'ing. However, I think that this place would feel most comfortable to me to RP in, seeing the openness and friendliness.
I live in Australia and am 17, so as a result I'm doing schooling at the moment (Well, sort of finished, just got final exams to do soon).
There's quite a variety of possibilities for characters, which for me is both exciting but also a bit overwhelming, as I'm open to many of the styles and factions I've seen.

I just have a couple of questions if that's ok:

1. To what degree are people allowed to be skilled in certain areas? From what I've seen, the only skillset that is strictly kept at the minimum level upon joining are force powers, however it seems to me that a small variety of extensive skills are certainly possible from a realism standpoint, even if they were around 18 (After all, we are all a small part of the huge galaxy population).

2. When throwing around ideas for characters, one idea led to involving stasis/suspended animation, however I'm afraid to do this and other things due to them being possibly seen as overdone and cliche. Would this be true for stasis?

Thank you very much for your help and being the friendly community you are.

Edit: I realised this was probably a confusing title. It's a reference to an interview on how a senior staff member on Star Wars Episode 2 stated that the denseness and abundance of CGI made it a good movie.

A lot of people have used stasis and cloning to transfer their characters from other time periods. It's perfectly normal here. Not a lot of people care about the cliche. XD

It's best to exercise moderation no matter what kind of skills your character has. Normally, people expect a character to be good at their job when created, but not the best in the business, and definitely not the best at everything valuable. Ease your way into it. There's no rule that says what your character can or can't be good at, but a little bit of moderation goes a long way.

Welcome to Chaos. Glad to have you. ^_^

[member="Arahael"]

Stasis and the like are completely acceptable and not as often performed as you may think. I tried it, only in reverse, by having a character travel through a wormhole from around 300 years in the future.

[member="Arahael"]
Another Aussie, hey!

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] is another of us from the Land Down Under. Soon we will match the accursed Swedes in number and...

<_<

Well, ahem...welcome to the board! Please ask any questions you may have.

@Arahael

Welcome, Like Coci said I too am from Australia. Just a little bit older than yourself (19) Nice to meet you and good luck here :)

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] |[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

There does seem to be quite a few of us here, growing in numbers...

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
Haha, that's interesting, I wonder if Australians and Swedes are more attracted to RP boards?
Also I have one more question if you don't mind. There are many positions, such as heads of noble houses that have been taken here, however some characters with those positions have not posted in quite a while. Is there an inactivity time that those positions can then be taken again by another character?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom