Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Raining, It's Pouring

"Oh Ha-Ha. You've got jokes."

At that point, the cushion between them was an unnecessary barrier. It was a professional distance...but frankly, the guise of business tact had been thrown out of the window. So, there was no reason not to get a harmless bit closer, right? Isley promptly scooted over, thoroughly eliminating the unnnecessary space between them. He then set his glass down on the coffee table before them, prompting a light "clink".

And then came the second jab.

And maybe, just maybe, she was right.

"That's the idea." he said. The simplicity of his response was matched by a warm smile. "Besides, I think you 'like' me just as much."

[member="Lilith Engelis"]

She looked at him, thoroughly both amused and pleased that there wasn't as much space between them. She had finished the business side of her trip. No harm in enjoying the social side by taking comfort in the company of Isley's presence.

No use beating around the bush, when Lilith felt something she simply stated something. She wasn't the type of woman to play coy and give meaningless hints here or there. She liked Isley, He knew she liked her. There was no use denying it and so she began speaking in a matter of fact manner.

"Isley, you and I both know I like you. What female would trek out in the night and through the rain just to let her employer know they were okay and wanted to return to work? Holograms are a thing…"

[member="Isley Verd"]

"You make a sound argument, my dear."

The tone of his voice was alive with humor. In fact, he did his best to sound as pompous and Coruscanti as possible. Maybe the terrifyingly bad impression would get a laugh out of her?

"So, how do we make this...us...work?" he said, speaking in his normal voice. "That is, assuming that you want there to be an us now."

He paused.

"I know I do. Want there to be an us I mean. Am I making sense?"

His words had the desired affect, laughter spilled forth from her lips ,amusement shining within the depths of her hues. It was then that he began speaking.

"I want there to be an us." It was then that she paused and leaned over, her hand resting upon his thigh, nails digging into him lightly but hard enough to get her next point across.

"I do not share Isley. You have a history as does everyone. But, if we're going to be together know if I get wind of another woman touching what is mine and you returning said actions I will not hesitate to remove both sets of hands.."

[member="Isley Verd"]

Ow.

Ow.

Ow.

There was no mistaking that Lilith had indeed done her homework, on more than one subject. Yes, Isley had once earned a reputation for screwing around. Yes, Lilith was right to literally drive the point home. Yet, irregardless of the pain she inflicted, the Dar'manda was ready. He had his fill of gallavanting through the Galaxy, burning bridges and breaking hearts. He had grown past being an immature welp...and frankly, he thought himself ready to call someone his one and only.

And it seemed as though Lilith would be the proud owner of that title.

"I give you my word, you'll be my One and Only. I've earned the red in my ledger, of this you are well aware. I've earned my reputation. But frankly, I want to walk the straight and narrow for you. Okay?"

He paused, just long enough to plant some affection on her cheek.

"Now please, that hurts."

[SIZE=11pt]His words pleased her, not that she'd let him know how much they affected her. Retracting her hand from his thigh after rubbing that spot she had previously been digging away at. Turning towards him before he had a change to [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]effectively[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] kiss her cheek, she would catch his lips in a light kiss.[/SIZE]

"I apologize, but.. I needed to make my point known.. " This was murmured against his lips lightly before she leaned back against his couch and watched him silently.

[member="Isley Verd"]

"Point taken."

In the wake of her affections, the Dar'manda leaned back against the couch. His arm raised and momentarily draped over her shoulder. Isley sighed: one of those perfectly content breaths that came with such "romance". Frankly, this was one of the best surprises to ever open a door to.

"You know, I picked up some clothes for Deneve. I'm pretty sure a couple of them will fit you. Might be a little more comfortable than sitting in wet clothes, y'know?"

A benign suggestion.

Right?

"Dry clothes sound lovely. "

Glancing at him she would give yet another small smile before rising and stretching, arms extending over her head as she did so. Turning to him, she would extend a hand and grin.

"if you'd be so kind and show me where I might find these clothes."

[member="Isley Verd"]

Admittedly, the suggestion was leagues upon leagues from benign...and Lilith, being the intelligent creature that she was, most likely understood that. By all means, she would be ditching the wet clothes, but she wouldn't be changing into dry ones anytime soon. Isley rose alongside his new beloved and took her hand, motioning for her to follow.

And into his room did they go.

They danced.

They laughed.

They slept.

It took the breaking of the storm to rouse Isley from his slumber...and frankly, he couldn't believe it. Part of him honestly thought that what he saw was nothing more than a dream. There was no way he was waking up to her, right? But as the sunlight filtered through the window, and by extension into his eyes, Isley came to realize that this was no dream. She truly was here, asleep in his arms.

"Rise and shine beautiful."

For the first time in ages Lilith slept comfortably through the night. It wasn't until she heard Isley's voice that she cracked open her eyes and looked at him. Smiling softly, she would sit up and brush the tangled crimson locks from out of her eyes.

"Good morning Isley, I take it you slept well?" Lilith questioned in a tired voice whilst moving to place a light kiss upon his cheek.

[member="Isley Verd"]

"Better than I have in a long time."

The kiss only caused the Dar'manda to grin, rather widely in fact. He took a moment to tuck a loose strand of her hair behind her ear before abandoning the comforts of the bed.

"Will you be joining me for my morning routine? Or would you simply prefer breakfast...in bed?"

A small yawn was given before she too moved to climb out of his bed. Moving to tie her hair up, she would motion for him to lead her to where he started his morning routine.

"I'd like to join you please.."

[member="Isley Verd"]

"Fair warning. You might end up being sore afterwards."

There was a reason that, despite the onset of age, Isley remained a competent combatant. You see, unlike many of his age bracket, he did not descend into the realm of complacency. He did not indulge in his riches and grow fat. Neither did he forsake the rigors that had gotten him out of countless binds. Suffice it to say, it was nigh impossible to remove all the Mandalorian heritage from Isley Verd: as evidenced by his daily routine. When the opportunity presented itself (meaning, Isley was actually in a facility equipped with these), the Dar'manda would descend into a training room installed by a subsidiary.

It featured gravity projectors to make movement difficult. Holograms to create convincing environments. Droids as opposition. And actual weapons set to harmless power levels. Here, he would put himself through the paces in the hope of remaining spry. Today, Isley would set aside the droids...for he had a competent partner in Lilith. Her background meant that she would be more than a fitting "dancer partner", and so he tossed her a training lightsaber. For the occasion, his dreadlocks were tied up neatly in a ponytail. He also wore comfortable "sweat" pants and a tank.

With but a flick of the ignition, a crimson blade of plasma erupted from his own training saber.

"Shall we begin, Miss Engelis?"

Wink.

"Sore you say?"

He obviously didn't know the paces that she was put through when it came to her own training in the past.Watching him in silence for a few moments, her demeanor would soon shift to that of flirty women to trained killer within a few moments. Glancing down at the saber within her grasp, Lilith would lift it and give it a few practiced swings, attempting to get a feel for a weapon that was no her own.

"Making me train with something I am unfamiliar with.. That's splendid…"

Her voice held an amused edge as she would soon move to do a few stretches, attempting to shake the sleep from her bones before going head first into sparring mode. Stretching finishes, a brief once over was given of her appearance, any hindrances were removed from the equation, Lilith's hair was woven into a tight bun, her sleeves rolled and secured along with her pants fashioned into make shift shorts.

And then he winked, so it was only polite that she blow him a kiss and motion him forward after igniting her saber.

[member="Isley Verd"]

The Dar'manda raised his saber, intent on initiating their bout. However, fate would have it that his micro-datapad pinged in that instant. The weapon was promptly lowered and its blade extinguished; for this datapad was accesible only to vital persons. Isley's first thought was that his company had somehow caught fire and that he would need to play extinguisher. Yet, upon looking at the missive, his eyebrows shot to the heavens. "Lilith I...I've gotta go. My Master needs me." he said.

Stepping lively, he braved the gap between them and pressed his lips to hers. Quickly. Fiercely. He even reached around and gave her bottom a squeeze.

"It's literally an emergency. I'll explain when I get back."

***​

Getting back was not an instant process. In fact, getting "there" took just about twelve hours. When it was all said and done, the man who had woken up with a smile on his face returned home...stunned. His beskar'gam was stained with a myriad of things: soot and blood mostly. He reeked of sweat, hard water, and death itself. He had slain until he simply could not fight anymore. He had spilt blood until the ground was saturated. Yet all that would not bring back his Master. All that would not return his beloved friend to the world of the living.

Isley lumbered through the door and dropped his helmet to the ground. It clattered loudly, announcing his presence. Perhaps [member="Lilith Engelis"] had made herself at home and tarried. Perhaps not. Only time would tell. But in the meantime, Isley went straight for the booze.

He needed a drink. He needed...to think and not to think all at once.

She would be waiting for him a bottle of whiskey within her grasp. Holding out a glass and then handing him the bottle Lilith would remain silent until he had enough to drink so that he wasn't feeling whatever it was that he didn't want to feel. Having dealt with loss, she knew how these things went and thus she kept her distance until he would reach out to her.

"Let me know when you need me.."

It might seem cold but she knew those that had just lost someone dear really didn’t want to be smothered by those that had no idea on how they themselves were feeling. People in mourning really disliked being smothered. And thus she would give Isley all the space he needed yet remain near should he choose to reach out to her.

[member="Isley Verd"]

And there she was.

His crimson-haired goddess was waiting for him with a free ticket to temporary bliss. Ah, Corellian Whiskey. Without a word, the Dar'manda took the bottle into his grasp and uncorked it. She did not see fit to bring him a glass because, frankly, she knew her man. She knew that he wouldn't need one; at least not right now. Isley leaned his head back and indulged in several hearty swigs before setting the bottle down upon the nearest flat surface.

"Now." he said.

His eyes, red from lack of rest...and watery displays of emotion, met hers.

"I need you now. Distract me."

Lowering herself down onto the arm of the chair he happened to be sitting in, Lilith would level emerald hues and him and ask one simple question. A question she knew would be the perfect one to keep him talking and would keep his attention on something other than the gaping emotional hole he was most likely feeling.

"Tell me everything about Alchemy?"

That question poised, she would reach out and wrap her arms around him, hugging him close to her, planting a light kiss upon his cheek whilst giving him a tight squeeze to reassure him that she was there for him.

[member="Isley Verd"]

Ah, Alchemy.

It was the fabled "art" that had intersected the lives of Rave Merrill and Isley Verd in the first place. In fact, this ancient way of creation was directly responsible for the man that the Dar'manda had grown into. When he set foot upon Aza'Zoth all those years ago, he was but a curious man. In particular, he was a warrior who had been crowned a Sith Knight by the sovereign Emperor Ardik. T'was in light of this accomplishment that he piqued the interest of the then-young Rave Merrill. It was in light of his servitude to the Sith Empire that the invitation was extended.

And from then on, Isley was never the same.

The man of the present almost winced at the request, as the word Alchemy made him think all the more about who he had lost. However...he had asked for a distraction and rambling on about what he knew most was the best way to go about it. Lilith...his Lilith...how sweet she was. A kiss. A squeeze. She, the pinnacle of "bearing", was being all that he needed in that moment. The Dar'manda took a moment to return the embrace, giving her waist a squeeze before guiding them down to the couch. Once there, he exhaled solidly...

And began.

"Alchemy...usually refers to Sith Alchemy."

"But the word, in of itself, refers to an overarching theme. Creation through the Force. Modification through the Force. The Sith refer to it as Alchemy. Modern Jedi refer to it as Alkahest. Some see it as specifically-applied Art of the Small. The Dathomiri Clans simply call it creation. On and on the list goes...but the common ground is that the Force is used to modify an object. At the risk of sounding cliche', the possibilities are endless with Alchemy. You see, the only limits are the creativity of the Alchemist and the Force itself."

"Most of the time, at least in the context of Sith, Alchemy is used to create artifacts of power. Weapons. Armor. Means of putting one's self ahead of the competition. This was how I used Alchemy for the longest time. I used it to plug the holes in my defenses, you see. If I faltered in battle or encountered something that posed a serious threat, I would turn to Alchemy to rectify that. Against a telekinetic god, I created a bodyglove that laughed at telekinesis. Against Shatterpoint, I created a Taozin Amulet."

"My Master, Rave, used to be of a similar mind. But then she took a different path...and I followed. First, she made creations simply to test the extent of her abilities. And then, she changed. She began to make things for the sake of doing good. Light things...such as Ankarres Wood. Erm. Wood that heals Sithspawn and whatnot. Now, I haven't made that leap, but I did make things to test my abilities. Frankly, tampering with the Dark Side to that extent isn't good for one's health. Mental health especially."

He broke off.

"I'm rambling. Is there anything specific you want to know about Alchemy?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom