Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's phriking cold! [invite only]

Arkania

This wasn't the first time Canal has visited the freezing planet Arkania. The first time he visited the planet he met a good and honorable Jedi named Vulpesen. They both were after the same thing which was a precious mineral called phrik. The two men both mutually helped each other out to achieve their goal and both successfully accomplished it. After the visit Canal learned several things: to bring a hell lot of equipment to extract the priceless ore.

Now, on board on an Inquisitor stealth ship of the Protectorate Canal had a lot of equipment with him and brought several friends who are really close to him. "Alright, boys and girls. You better have packed something warm and some hot cocoa cause Arkania is karking cold. I've been on this planet before so I know my resources. And get ready cause we'll be landing on planet side in ten minutes. Any questions?"

Keziah and cold weather didn't mix. She had grown up on a rather warm planet and never wished to visit snow covered ones. The coldest place she had ever visited was space. The only time the young woman had seen snow before was in pictures never in person so this was bound to be an experience. She was looking forward to these things called snow fights even though that was not the group's purpose for coming here.

She had accompanied them to help extract a priceless ore as she actually had mining experience. Once upon a time she had helped mine a similar ore in exchange for the pendent around her neck. It ended up being a real experience as they ran into some pirates though in the end she found actual gold too which she had been saving since. Hopefully today would go smoother.

In preparation for the cold planet she had brought with her boots, a big fluffy winter coat, gloves, and a hat. She was prepared and if all else failed she could create fire. "If we get too cold I can warm us up." She was positive that they could all start fires but she

[member="Canal Tal'Verda"]

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

Leader of the True Mando'Ade
[member="Canal Tal'Verda"] [member="Keziah Tal'Verda"]

Ori'Alor walked up to Canal and Keziah, she had been busy putting her cold weather gear on, being carefull to not exasperbate her one remaining injury from Drukenwell. She was currently using a Crutch to keep weight off of her broken leg, even as the Crutch looked quite abused, an unfortunate side effect of belonging to a woman who insisted on being as active as she had been before the Battle of Drukenwell. "Don't worry about cold for me." Ori said, turning her head towards Keziah "I've done Cold Weather Ops before." Ori'Alor flinched as she accidently put weight on her right leg, the broken one, and quickly put weight back on the crutch. "I wish Velok had tought me some Pain Resistance." Ori Joked, chuckling "It would have made this a lot easier."

Canal sighed and put a hand on his head, "Ori, my love, what are you doing here? I told you that I wanted you at home healing and resting." He was already guilty of what happened to his wife. She couldn't do that much especially if she was on a crutch with a broken leg. He saw her flinched as she put some weight on her injured leg and went to her side. The clone wasn't angry but he was worried about her. "Well, we're about to land soon. Ori, if you want to join you're gonna have to be with Keziah. I don't want you two doing manly things but you two can help us with lifting the phrik with the Force once we get it. Do I make myself clear?"

[member="Ori'Alor Tal'Verda"] [member="Keziah Tal'Verda"]

She had been mining before so she could do more than just use the Force to move the material though she wasn’t going to complain. Keziah didn’t want to do any hard labor to anyway but she could if she had to. She wasn’t completely useless now due to her condition. She was here after all helping him collect the phrik needed to make new armor. It would be interesting to get her own armor as that was defiantly not something she was used to. “Understood, though know just because I'm pregnant it doesn't mean I'm fragile. I have been mining before and stuff."

She glanced over to Ori for a moment and down to her broken leg. “I do have some pain killers in my bag if you need some. I always keep like a mini pharmacy with me just in case.” She grinned.

[member="Canal Tal'Verda"] [member="Ori'Alor Tal'Verda"]

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

[member="Canal Tal'Verda"] [member="Keziah Tal'Verda"]

"Don't worry about me, I'm going to be taking a trip to the A major Jedi Temple, they can help me." Ori'Alor Said, Walking away from her husband "Untill then, I can take some pain, I've taken a lot worse before." Ori walked over to the Shuttle Entrance, waiting for the op to begin, Ori wasn't really avoiding Canal. The Simple fact was that Ori was a tough Bi...Jedi, Rachie had never worried that much about her, she still wasn't used to how Canal would 'Mother Hen' when he was worried about her.

He nodded their words and readied himself to begin their mining operation. "Alright, I trust the both of you and I have never doubted you. Just promise me that the two of you will be safe and comm link me when you're in trouble or need something. The ship the went through the atmosphere of the planet and after finding the perfect place to land they finally touched the ground. "Alright, you boys know the drill. Let's move it!"

[member="Ori'Alor Tal'Verda"] [member="Keziah Tal'Verda"]

“We will be fine; don’t worry if anything we will take care of each other.” She wasn’t the super solider that Ori and Canal were but she could handle herself pretty well. Canal did a very good job of training her but even at that she was not the solider that he was.”

She didn’t have to even get fully off the ramp to realize how cold it was. She was defiantly not used to this type of weather but she would manage. Hopefully she would get used to it after a while but even if she didn’t Keziah wasn’t going to complain.

[member="Canal Tal'Verda"][member="Ori'Alor Tal'Verda"]

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Ori'Alor Tal'Verda"] [member="Keziah Tal'Verda"] [member="Canal Tal'Verda"]
Noah yawned as he woke from the nap he had taken while the ship was on route to Arkania. When he woke he saw things being unloaded from the ships cargo hold, most notably being four ORLAV's, three of them being APC's and one of the being a command variant, even though this was a simple mining op, it didn't hurt to have a little fire power. Noah walked out into the cold, dressed in his Hekler'Kok Ranger Armor, with a special thermal underlay to keep him warm.

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

[member="Canal Tal'Verda"] [member="Keziah Tal'Verda"] [member="Noah Corek"]

Ori'Alor smiled at Keziah and Canal, and preceeded the APCs out of ship, and started towards the area where the mines were. While Ori wasn't as fast as she normally would have or could have been, due to the broken leg, she was still a dang site faster than anyone using a crutch had any right of being. Ori was only slowed down by the occasional need to blast the snow away from her so it didn't hinder her movement, marking her progress by the occasional white cloud of hanging fluff. Ori eventually made it to the mining area, ahead of everyone, it was mostly accidental. Ori started towards the most obvios Phrik deposits and PUNCHED them, using her enhanced striength to start cracking the area and loosening the deposits. Individual rocks of Phrik Ore was tossed into a pile, with consideration to anyone in the way of the arc.

Followed by his mining team Canal was walking towards the nearest mining site. As he approached it he saw his wife punch a deposit full of phrik and came down in a pile. "There she goes again," the clone thought to himself. He wouldn't stop her from working. If he did well he wasn't sure what would happen. "Come on, boys. Let's get starting," and he approached a wall full of valuable phrik and began mining it with his pick Axe.

[member="Ori'Alor Tal'Verda"] [member="Noah Corek"] [member="Keziah Tal'Verda"]

She kind of wanted to play in the white stuff that had somehow made it's way onto her boots. She knew though that she couldn't. Keziah needed to keep moving and focus on the task at hand instead of the snow. She wanted to have fun though, it seemed like she never got to have any fun. As she continued to walk she made a mental note to come back here sometime for fun.

Keziah was in no way going to punch the wall though if she wanted to, she could. It was just she was scared of hurting the phrik if that was even a possibility. Instead when she got to a wall she began to break it apart slowly with the Force. Any pieces of the metal would go into the bucket.

[member="Ori'Alor Tal'Verda"]
[member="Noah Corek"]

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

[member="Canal Tal'Verda"] [member="Keziah Tal'Verda"] [member="Noah Corek"]

Ori picked up her first Ore pile, and moved it down to where the Phrik was being stored, keeping it in a neat pile. Ori then started on her way back, occasionally blasting snow away from her as she hobbled her way back to the mine, slower now that the mine was within reach. Ori then started punching another vein free, creating more piles or the valuable Phrik Ore, and Organizing them for quick and easy gathering. Ori kept doing what she was doing, occasionally taking one or more piles of Phrik back to the storage spot, and hobbling back to punch more free.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Ori'Alor Tal'Verda"] [member="Canal Tal'Verda"] [member="Keziah Tal'Verda"]
While Ori and Keziah used the force to get their ore and Canal used a pickaxe, Noah decided to use a more mechanical method. Finding a good vein, Noah pulled out his Lancer Mark III and revved up its chainsaw bayonet and began to cut away at the rock around the Phrik. Once it was loose enough, Noah grabbed a crowbar out of his backpack and used it to wedge out the rock. He then went over and deposited the rock in the pile and then when back to cutting out more rocks.

The clone kept on mining at the ore with his pickaxe while the others were mining with their own methods. The progress was going fast unlike the last time that it was just him and a Jedi that were mining this precious mineral. As he kept on picking at the phrik with his tool he remembered that he needed to extract some phrik not just for him but for his brother, Calico, who would also get a piece of armor that Canal was planning to make. He was done getting his phrik for his future armor and went to another wall full of phrik and began mining it with the pickaxe.

[member="Noah Corek"] [member="Ori'Alor Tal'Verda"] [member="Keziah Tal'Verda"]

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

[member="Keziah Tal'Verda"] [member="Canal Tal'Verda"] [member="Noah Corek"]

Ori's tactics showed no sign of wounding her hands, as she kept mining, and occasionally storing her prize in the storage area. In fact, the activity seemed to be getting her spirits up, after having been in a funk for the last few days after the battle, due to her wounds and the inability to do much. It was probably an amusing site, seeing the wounded woman hobble across the Snow covered plains like she had somewhere to be. Ori got back to mining after a few minutes at the storage space, keeping the Phrik in good organization. Ori then reflected on how she was getting ALOT more then was needed for a standard set of armor, at least her share was, so she considered what to do with the excess Phrik. A thought that occurred to her was discriptions of heavy Beskar Armor, called Beskar'Kandar, and Ori wondered if she could do something similar with her share of the Phrik. Ori was so engrossed In this thought process that she didn't spot the cave in before it was too late. Luckily, Ori was the only one working in this section of the cave, so she was the only one buried, in a loud crash of a mountain on Rock and Phrik Ore. The Sound would alert the others, who were safely away. Keziah could have easily felt the spark of life that represented Ori'Alor Tal'Verda.

She couldn't help but jump a little at the sound of the crash. Looking up from her basket she looked down the cave and saw that apart of it had caved in. She quickly looked around her to make sure that everyone was accounted for and that nobody had gotten stuck. Keziah saw Canal and Noah but Ori was nowhere to be seen. It was possible that she was stuck underneath the rubbish and that was where she felt her Force Signature but Keziah couldn't be sure. If she was under there she wanted to waste no time trying to get her out.

"Have either of you two seen Ori? I..I think she may be stuck." Keziah turned back to the rubbish and began using the Force to remove the rocks. She needed to get this cleared now.

[member="Ori'Alor Tal'Verda"]
[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Keziah Tal'Verda"] [member="Ori'Alor Tal'Verda"] [member="Canal Tal'Verda"]
Noah had finally got enough phrik ore to make a few things including a set of armor when he heard a voice over the loud sound of metal cutting through rock. When he heard the voice, Noah stopped the saw at looked towards the speaker, it turned out to be Keziah asking about where Ori was. "Yeah, I saw her walk past me not even a minute she walked that way..." At the end of his sentence Noah turned and pointed down deeper into the cave, exactly where the rubble was. "Hey Canal! It seems your wife has a habit of burying herself under large piles of rock." Noah called over his shoulder as he walked over to the pile and began using his crowbar to wedge pieces of it off of Ori.

Finally, Canal was done with extracting the phrik that he needed. At the same time he heard a huge crash nearby and began seeing if everyone was OK. But the clone noticed that his wife wasn't present and was about to question about her presence when Keziah and Noah were trying to remove the pile of rocks that were burying Ori. "What's with her and rocks?" He said as he remembered the time he rescued Ori from the Druckenwell incident.

The clone then began to move the rocks with his hands to try to free Ori from the burial she was in.

[member="Noah Corek"] [member="Keziah Tal'Verda"] [member="Ori'Alor Tal'Verda"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom