Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Not Illegal If I Own The Planet

In space, no one can see you fumble through scrapped star-ships. A large graveyard of hulls spanning from many different eras hung lifeless in this rarely traveled bit of space. This was, in fact, an older site of confrontation. Months ago, the CIS had taken the world of Styx. A space battle had commenced, and ultimately, was won by the Dreadguard forces in the system. The world had been reinforced, and then forgotten by the Grand Marshal.

Not that it wasn't important; simply not a concern at the time. Now, however, Calico had taken some time to sift through the many wrecks. He had heard of scavengers coming to take and sell parts from the forgotten cruisers, but that wasn't much of a worry for a man in Katarn armor. His Belbulab Starfighter latched unto the bulkhead of a smaller frigate. The sleek, silver fighter's canopy opened into the cold void of space, a single figure drifting outward.

"This is Grand Marshal Two-Four-Seven to FleetOps.My recorded time is O-two-hundred. I've made contact." Calico stated crisply into his line directly back to FleetOps. The eerie blue light of his visor lit up the scarred carapace of the once dangerous vessel. A bit of fumbling, and Calico found the primary airlock.

To his surprise, atmosphere began to vent outward as the lock opened. The downdraft of air threatened to launch him deep into space. Thinking quickly, he wrenched himself along the scaffolding inside, closed the access hatch, and fell down on his shebs. The ship was pitch black.

Zeta Prime needs the shielding that was on this vessel..but...why was there atmosphere? This is some osik.

He stumbled up to his feet, reaching up to ignite the helmet lamps. A pale, unwelcoming light shone out from his helmet, illuminating the entire corridor in ghostly detail. Two rooms opened at either side--this would be one of the more eerie searches.

@[member="Lana Bralor"]

Lana had heard about a large battle that had taken place in this system, and after waiting for the other, less impressive scavengers to have their way with the wrecks, she decided to check it out.

Her ship comes out of hyperspace at the rim of the boneyard, and her heavily modified republican gunship floats out of its hanger. The ship has been armoured, and most of its weapons (save for countermeasures and the forward cannons) have been stripped, and the cock-pit modified for a pilot-astromech tandem set-up.

The Mando woman surveys one of the cruisers and nods, slowly moving in and activating the magnetic clamps on the dropship's hull. She makes sure everything's in check before opening the side-hatch and climbing out onto the hull. Her R3 model astro-mech, painted red and white, pops out from the top of the ship and floats down on its jets.

After a few seconds of surveying, Lana finds the perfect spot for her incision. She pulls out a cutting torch and gets to work cutting a hole for herself to climb through. It isn't long before she kicks the part of the hull, making a neat circle for herself. She's suprised by the decompression that follows and hunkers down, but soon finds an opportunity to dive in.

Once inside, she turns on her helmet light and lifts her CQB blaster. "Knock knock..." she mutters as her robot lands behind her. It beeps a few times, looking around. "I don't know, R3. But we're going to find out..."

@[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]

There was a loud, metallic thud right down the corridor. A female voice broke the eerie silence of the beaten down cruiser. Something about knocking. Calico instantly shut off his tac-lamp, reached up to the side of his helmet, and adjusted the night vision. Everything became a sickening shade of deep green.

Were someone to look at him, they would see only the glowing blue visor, nothing more.

Pirates. Won't get the jump on me, not this time.

The Commander let his hand drift down to snatch at one of his DC-15s. An assault rifle had simply been too big to use in close quarters like this--so he had left all the heavy it behind. Now, though, he was started to wish he hadn't.

He crept up against the wall, down one corridor, then another. The flashes of an unfamiliar light flickered far down the hall. Calico sucked in his breath, not that he could be heard anyway, and crept closer to the light. His sidearm rose up, held two handed as he strode directly into the light.

"Name, now." He growled in a demanding, aggressive tone. All he could make out was a humanoid armored shape, and the shadow of what could have been a droid.

Something, deeper within the ship, stirred. The whole vessel rumbled, sending chills up Calico's spine. He wanted this done quickly, but this had to be taken care of first. "Mando'ade?"

@[member="Lana Bralor"]

The robot beeps a few more times as they walk down the hall, not really paying attention. "We're looking for databanks, and anything salvagable, buddy. I swear your memory banks are deteriorating." She stoops down and looks him over. "Hmmm... you could use a few new parts in fact..." Then the mando gently pats it on the head. "I'll take care of you, buddy. Nothing to worry about."

She starts to make her way down the hallway some more, looking up and down the walls. "These ships are pretty cool..." she mumbles to herself. "Not my favourite, but you kno-" Then she gets interrupted by an armoured figure down the hall, and seeing that the figure has his blaster raised, she lifts her arms. "Don't shoot. Please?" She says, stepping back. "Lana Bralor." The robot squeals and flees on its wheels back down the hall. She looks over her shoulder. "Typical..."

He spoke Mando'a? She felt both calm and confused at that. "Elek." she replies. "Su cuy'gar ner vod."

Judging by her silhouette, she's a cross between a regular Mando and an Arc Trooper.

@Commander Calico CC-247

Galaar Tal'Verda

Just one more butchered soul.
Galaar slid out of the fighter after he made all checks neccessary for its safety. Of course, he was grumbling the whole time. Calico had suddenly woke him up from a nice sleep, made him throw his armor on without a shower, and told him they were embarking on a zero grav mission so his precious strill would have to stay behind. Galaar was used to being dragged around like a bone by an Akk with Calico, yet he never once stopped complaining about it.

He moved through the air-lock without any grace, metal shoulders clunking across the durasteel shaft illuminated only by safety lights and the glow of his blue visor. He hated close confinement, he reminded him way too much of the tunnels on Geonosis and Vau's 'Magic Box' training.

It didn't take him long to move out, his boots making a solid clunk on the steel of the ship as he followed the blip on his HUD that was supposedly Calico's helmet. It didn't take long and he noted Calico had a raised rifle and there was someone speaking in the backround... It was a rather familiar language that soon filled his ears via the audio sensors in his helmet. Mando'a. The intruder would likely see a silhoutte filling in next the one previous in her sight. It was exactly the same as the other, armor, shoulders, just a tad smaller.

"Well, well, well... What have we found here, Sarge?"

@[member="Lana Bralor"] @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]

A Mandalorian? Here? This wasn't supposed to happen. Calico let his sidearm drifted down slightly, though it still hung tight in his hand. His head tilted toward Galaar.
"Cu'cuy...tion'gar te databanks?" He grunted, clearly in an older form of Mando'a. Something akin to Old Coruscantii.

The ship shuddered once more. Calico looked either way, but all he saw were the three of them. One thing was for sure: something odd was happening on this ship."Calico, Galaar." He gestured between himself and his brother. "This vessel is CIS property, ad'ika. You sure you're here for the databanks?" His tone had dropped from the sharp and demanding to a warm, fatherly level. Like he was talking to one of his own children.

@[member="Lana Bralor"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"]

"I'm looking for something." she replies. "Can I lower my hands now?" The mando stands still, watching the two, but wobbles when the ship rocks. "More of your friends?" she asks.

Her robot peeks its astro-mech head around the corner behind her and lets out a low whistle. "Yeah, I think its okay to come out, friend." she says, looking over her shoulder. Lana turns her attention back to the two soldiers. "Nice to meet you both. I'm Lana." She looks them both over. "And nice armour. I've never found a single piece of Republic Commando armour in all the boneyards I've visited."

@Commander Calico CC-247 @Galaar CC-252

Galaar Tal'Verda

"Retrofitted Katarn, recrafted and remasted by the Feds, ad'ika." Galaar nearly instantly went to correct the female, letting his rifle aim at the ground as he straightened himself up. The blue visor was staring in the her direction. "Good to meet you Lana, as the di'kut stated, my name is Galaar."

As the ship rocked he grunted and grabbed ahold of Calico's shoulder for a brief moment, hoping his brother wouldn't tip sideways as well and send them both crashing into the ground. "There is something really off with this ship... If the lifesupport is still running you think there's a tapcaf vendor somewhere?"

@Lana Bralor @Commander Calico CC-247

Calico braced himself up against one of the nearby corridors. Something was very, very wrong with this ship."Yes, being the senior di'kut, I feel the need to inform people as to who you are, chakaar."

He pulled the second DC-15 out and into his free hand, motioning down the corridor. His HUD wasn't spiking up, so they were surely safe. That, and the position for the shielding wasn't very far from what he could tell. "Not our people, Ad'ika. Need that shielding though--yes, hands can go down now. Feel this AO could be hazardous....and I'm not to keen on giving away the databank."

He shifted out of Galaar's reach, and motioned down the hall. "If you're stuck on this though, you can tag alone. Not sure what you'll walk away with though. I can't promise anything."

Lana nods, pulling her short blaster out. "Alright, so we got bad guys." she says, checking the ammo count. "Sounds fun."

She takes up position behind the two commandos and waves at R3. "Keep your distance, R3, we may have baddies." She turns her attention to the commander. "I only need to find information on the whereabouts of some artifact. Dunno what it does, but its for the Confederacy. I think." she says. "And then I was planning on some salvaging. I'm looking to fill up my dropship and make a tidy profit."

"Oh, and if the bad guys are biological, we can just turn off the life support and vent the ship, can't we?"

Calico cast a short glance over his shoulder. The woman knew a standard phalanx, that was something. His helmet linked up to hers, opening a squad comm and giving her a readout of his vitals, and by extension Galaar's. To the outside world, they would seem completely silent. "Not sure if it's organics or not ad'ika."

He began to march down the corridor, weapons raised for any unseen attack. The walls were etched with odd designs and a language Calico couldn't quite read. The three crept into what looked to be a sea of blackness. With the night vision, however, it was clear that this massive room was a hanger bay with the outer doors bolted shut. No starfighters could be seen, and the markings were ever-present in this massive room as well.

"Tell you what...we'll find you some fancy art to take home." He mumbled absentmindedly, walking carefully toward the center of the bay. The ship creaked and groaned, and something heavy fell. Something metal.

"Form up!" He whispered into the comm, though there was really no need to do such. Life-support would be near the bridge, and that required crossing the hanger.

Something was moving now. A lot of things. Metal screeching and loud, unsettling gurgling sound emanated from every corner of the room. Calico span on his heel in every direction, seeing nothing out of the ordinary.

The hanger had turned into an orchestra of chaos. Violent metal crashes and those unsettling gurgling screams echoed from all directions. Calico formed a fist over his weapon for a sign to circle up."Hostiles, a lot."

Lana scans the room with her blaster, then switches to her longer assault rifle for the hanger. She looks over the team's vitals and grins. "Working with a team, storming a ship... dad will be proud." she says with a giggle.

She looks around the room and squints. "No fighters. Damn. They're good cash." she says. "But where are they? already scavenged? Destroyed?" she asks herself, quietly. Then she looks at the commander "Art? That doesn't sell too great. At least, I dunno how to price art. I prefer machine parts." She finds a gear at her foot. "Like this." she says, looking it over. "Probably... yeah, its a gear from an auto-loader." the mando explains. "Worth... about 30 creds."

Then she hears the noises, making her lift her rifle in a flash. "Uh oh... I hope they're organics..." she mumbles. "Easier to kill..." As the sound grows louder, she begins to mutter to herself. "Come on... come on... where are you..."

She turns to R3 who had since caught up. "R3, scan, now. Link it to our HUDS." she orders. A little radar pokes out of R3's dome.

Galaar Tal'Verda

Galaar was surprisingly silent on their walk through the halls. He had swapped out his DC-17m for his flashy vibrosword as they moved. I use a sword... I have a strill... Kark, I really am turning out like him aren't I? I thought Calico was the Vau-like one! He despised this ship. Why did I agree to this again? Last time I board a ship with Ca'ika I was ambushed by a bunch of droids, turned into a literal Arkanian Ice-Cube and then jettisoned into this time period.

The clone became even more alert as they crossed the threshold into the hanger. When ordered to form up, he fell into Calico's right just like old terms. Galaar, since the day Fox had been formed was always at the right side of their fearless leader. "Did I mention I don't like this? I'd prefer to avoid more freezers, they ruin my perfect skin." He stated right afterword and then carried on. "Well... So does shooting up with spice. That's enjoyable however."

Galaar nearly hit the floor as the gurgling noises echoed around them, he instantly fell into the circle formation his vibrosword held in a sideways slashing angle in preparation for anything to come. This was way, far to similar to past. It was the first time in a long time he had issues keeping emotions off the battlefield. "Lovely..."

The creaking metal, the unsettling gurgling, everything simply stopped. For a moment, the trio stood in utter, complete silence. Calico swallowed loud enough to be heard through the comm system.

"Hold...keep close, Ad'ika."

The Commander reached over and tapped Galaar gently on the shoulder. A simple gesture; showing his brother that he understood the fear, and that he was still there.

Then, the hanger exploded into life.

Floorboards exploded meters up into the air. The walls ripped open revealing long, clawed metallic limbs. An unsettlingly human scream issued from all corner of the hangers as meter tall, spider like droids flooded into the hanger.

They screamed in unison, charging at an alarmingly fast pace with claws raised--likely to spear the group.

Calico didn't miss a beat. "Keep it right, cut a swathe toward the other side of the hanger!"

With that, trails of azure plasma flew from Calico's twin weapons toward the swarm, illuminating their barrel shaped chassis in striking detail.

Lana stares into the silence with a smile creeping over her face. "Creeeeeppy..." she whispers, letting R3's scanners do their thing. They seemed clear, but all of a sudden exploded into life. The hanger started to shake itself apart as the spiders erupted.

"Finally! No more waiting!" She shouts. "I want your parts! Darasum Kote!" She screams as she fires off a rocket from her wrist, and starts firing with her assault rifle. "I got dibs on any salvage, boys!" she shouts over the laser fire.

Even R3 jumps into it, a panel opening on his body and a barrel pointing out, firing at the robots.

Lana's rocket explodes, showering the surrounding area in pieces of metal, making clanking noises as they landed. She seems to be enjoying this a little too much...

Galaar Tal'Verda

These things... They were so familiar. They reminded of him of creatures Galaar never wanted to be reminded of. The clone turned around and looked at Bralor as the rocket zipped past him. "Shift your shebs! Don't sit still!" His voice boomed through their personal comms. Galaar turned on his heels and darted after his brother.

Shards of shrapnel bounced off his plates and fell to the ground harmlessly besides stings and bruises under the Katarn and bodysuit. Galaar ran at a sideway's angle protecting the group's right side with the vibrosword which was now glowing a faint white with the pulsing energy that ran through it and made a faint hum close to a lightsaber's. "Come get some di'kutla droids! I'll hack you up!" He then shouted over the loudspeaker. What do they want with us... Why are they here?

@[member="Commander Calico CC-247"] @[member="Lana Bralor"]

Rockets had a certain effect on metal. An affect that resulted in a lot of flying shrapnel and absolute destruction. "Good shot Ad'ika." Calico grunted as his sidearms took the legs off of one of the nearby spiders.

He followed after Galaar toward the other side of the room, but the spiders seemed to be multiplying. "I have this." The elder commando retrieved his DC-17 from his hip, slid an ordnance shell into the chamber, and fired with a loud THUNK!

The doors on the opposite side of the room exploded inward. A ball of flame engulfed the droids nearby. Their flaming wrecks' screams were eerily human in voice, so much so, that Calico felt a shiver shake down his spine.

The Commander didn't miss a beat, following Galaar's path of destruction toward the door. Before them lay a long unlit corridor. Calico took position behind the door, letting anti-infantry round rain hell upon the approaching droids, buying a few precious moments for the group to move.

"Yes, yes, we'll get you scrap Ad'ika just SHIFT IT!" The fatherly tone was still there, though the urgency in his tone was ever-present.

@[member="Lana Bralor"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"]

Lana continues a constant stream of accurate fire, only stopping to reload. Any of the bots that got too close were quickly dispatched by the long knife extending from her other gauntlet. She walks backward towards the door, making sure her bot was behind her, getting to cover.

The mando gets behind the door and throws a thermal detonator before the doors start closing, making sure to finish any of them that strayed closer. The door closes and behind it, a dull thump. "R3, can you lock down the hanger from here? Blast doors and everything."

The robot beeps and access the door's mainframe, beeping all the while. Soon, a small klaxon can be heard as the blast doors close. "Good job, buddy." Lana says, petting her bot on the head.

She looks at the gentlemen. "That'll hold them for a little while at least, and I have an idea." she says, grinning. "We need to get to the bridge and lock it down, then from there we can open every access hatch and docking port, open up every corridor and vent the ship into space. That should get rid of at least a few of them."

Galaar Tal'Verda

Galaar was quick to react was one of droid's neared the door as the droid hacked it. It swung its claw outward with a vicious blow; he ducked under and parried the second strike. His blade flashing in the dark as he made his first offensive swing. The droid made a loud screech as its carapace was broken open by the sword but continued onward. It made another slash at the droid which Galaar barely blocked and sent backward before making a heavy horizontal slash across its leg joints. It groaned in pain and before it reacted he drew a pistol and unloaded into its head.

As soon as the door opened Galaar piled in right behind Lana. He listened as she spoke. "Not a bad idea Ad'ika."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom