Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's not about what you wear...

(Any Resistance members are welcome to gatecrash, but this is the founding barracks chat for Task Force Tempest)

42OG3zR.png

Time: Too damn early

They might not have any food, the caff was down to the dregs and they were on the run from one of the largest evil empires in the galaxy (and worse, the use of the plural was correct) but the Solemn Purpose and the Resistance did have one thing going for it.

Pretty cushy bunks. They were two to a room, for starters, with a tiny little holotable for recreation and a large central common room which was currently filled by the one, the only and the still deeply confused as to how she was CO of this outfit (and how they'd slapped an officers rank on her, fethers) Erendiz 'Dizzy' Kahn, soon to be more prosaically known as 'Tempest One' or 'Tempest Leader' or 'Yes ma'am'.

Ma'am. Oh dear Force people were going to call her ma'am. Run for the Outer Rim, Dizzy, old age has arrived.

She grunted - the brass hadn't told her when anyone in her squad was going to actually turn up, so she turned on the holo-net. Oh. The burning. Not news she wanted to watch. Great, how about... yes. Shockball. A game for people so stupid they didn't have two neurons to rub together. Who actually plays a game to get shocked unconcious?

Still, she kinda enjoyed watching it, so she put her feet up, bemoaned the lack of any beer and wondered if there was still a pilot in her bunk. She hadn't slept since 1800 and it... might even be several days later now, but she hadn't dared check. When they'd asked her where she wanted the Tempest barracks to be, she just named her existing bunk block.

[member="Michelle Peacecraft"]

Location: Solemn Purpose, Halls heading arriving at Task Force Tempest Barracks
Time: There's a 5 AM!?

Michelle rubbed her eyes trying her best to keep the sleep from them, she groan at the thought of being up at five in the morning..who knew that there was a 5 AM?! well, guess everyone did especially in the military but it felt like a new form of torcher at the very lest. A few strands of black hair fell in her eyes, Michelle annoyingly brushed them away.

Walking down the hall of the Solemn Purpose, she joined the resistance a few days ago and she joined the Tempest task force soon after. Ever since Michelle literally hit the ground running, going to training and even receiving a callsign Tempest eight. She thought about it for a minute "Tempest eight?" she couldn't help but smile at the thought what would her father think clearly he wouldn't approve of her being in the military or fighting, but this was what Michelle believed in.

Today was her first day at the tempest barracks she didn't weare her uniform but instead wore something that was comfortable for her, par of pants and a black shirt. It occurred to her that this may have looked to comfortable but this is what was best for her. She stood in front of the barracks and step through. Not expecting someone to be in the barracks Michelle was caught off guard seeing another woman watching a program. It took a few minutes before she recognize that it was the Tempest leader Michelle quickly brought her right hand to her head in a salute. "Michelle Peacecraft, reporting for duty."

[member="Erendiz Kahn"]

Time: Yes soldier, there is a 5am. Unfortunately.

Salute met salute as Dizzy reflexively came to attention, then paused, coughed and lowered her hand looking slightly abashed. You're the officer, you idiot.

"Lets try that again." The grizzled, pink haired CO offered, before returning the offered salute. "Erendiz Kahn, Tempest Leader. Welcome aboard..." Oh Dizzy, you're going to say it, aren't you? Yes, you are. "... Miss Peacecraft."

She smiled, dropping the salute and reaching over to tab down the volume on the shockball.

"You're first - so take any bunk you like, unless it's got a weird red headed pilot sleeping in it, then just... y'know, leave her to rack out." Dizzy wasn't wearing any uniform either, aside from a single black beret with the Taskforce Tempest emblem pinned to it. As if remembering something, Dizzy walked over to a standard-issue rucksack and rumaged, producing a similar beret, a pair of the pins and a couple of unit patches. "Urm. Yep, this one's got your name on it." She tossed the pack to Michelle. "Supply can't afford uniforms, so we get these."

She sat back down.

"I run a tight shop, but as we're not a real fleet, it's not a formal shop. Grab a rack, stow your stuff and relax. Orientation briefing is in..." She glanced at a chrono, then flinched. "... four hours at 0900. So forget about much sack time."

Time: 4 AMs should be outlawed

A smile crept across Michelle's lips it had been a while since someone called her miss and used her last name in the same sentence. She brought down her salute right after Erendiz did she then followed tempest leader further into the barracks. Her blue eyes scan the area it didn't seem that there was a lot of people here with them, she remembered someone telling her that the resistance was just getting started so maybe some new member would trickle in.. eventually.

Stopping in front of the racks Michelle place her thing on one of the empty top racks she should probably have picked one of the lower ones knowing her luck she would roll right off the edge in the middle of the night. While she was getting things set up she heard Erendiz comment about a red-headed pilot "Erm... weird red-headed pilot? Would that be the tempest pilot Ma'am?"

Michelle caught the pack that Erendiz toss in her direction she began to look at it seeing the insignia and then her name tag she smiled even more while she read the name on it "Peacecraft" The thought sent a shiver of excitement down her back she couldn't wait to get started on there first mission. She shrugs at the thought of not getting a lot of rest for today "Well with all the training. It'll be worth it."

[member="Erendiz Kahn"]

Time: Take that up with the Provisional Government, they write the laws, we just break heads.

"Nope. Just some flygirl who needed a cot to crash in - since the Burning a lot of people are run pretty ragged, particularly since we refused to cease fighting."

Dizzy shrugs slightly.

"I'm a sucker for a pretty face, either that, or I like to butter up the people who pull our fat out of the fire. I think she's with Black Squadron, I never got to ask."

After a moments consideration, Dizzy decides informal is far better than formal and sits back down, facing Michelle this time. "So, first off - unless we're actually on duty please don't call me ma'am. One, leader or chief will do. They just stuck the officer rank on me so it looked right and no one complained. Second, you must have op-time to be in this outfit, unless your training scores were truly astronomical. We're still working things out, so they didn't actually give me a file, just a name. So... at the risk of sounding like we're at some job interview, what do you do? You got an MOS? What outfit were you from before?"

She pauses for a moment to gesture to the coffee pot. "The caff is the last of the real stuff, one cup only until everyone arrives."

Time: Dang

Michelle looked around at the racks seeing if the redheaded girl chief was talking was laying one of them or possibly hiding under the blankets, she didn't see anything out of the ordinary. "That makes sense. Don't want to tick off the person that can help." she walked over to a chair taking a seat it felt good to relax a little bit.

She nods her head slightly at Erendiz comment about calling her ma'am "Understood Chief it won't happen again." Michelle took a moment to think about her next answer. She wishe that she could tell her chief that she was part of an OP and that she did all these amazing things but that would be lying and knew better than that, it could get someone killed during a real op and she refuses to let that happen. But she wasn't going to revile her family past either. "Chief. I have never been in an OP or with an outfit. So the Tempest first mission... will be mine as well. I have been trained on how to use a blaster against my father wishes. I continue training in that area despite being reprimanded by him. again Michelle pause for a moment to gather her thoughts, she got a feeling that Erendiz wouldn't like her answer. "At 17 when I was able to leave my.. family. I decided to try and learn other skills like piloting and hand-to-hand combat. I'm still training in those areas but I'm able to handle myself until I can either escape or get my hands on a rifle or blaster. When I'm with a weapon I can defend myself or help those I'm with quite well."

There was a long pause before she decided to continue "As for test scores... I haven't received them yet myself. But it seems they were willing to let me come here. For bad or worse I can't say." Michelle glance at the coffee pot her blue eyes sparkled as a smile being to form "I can't have some before training or a mission Chief. Would lead to shaky hands and that would lead to miss targets and possible lives lost."

[member="Erendiz Kahn"]

Time: 0500 hours.

For a brief moment, Dizzy had a vision of the young woman before her, lying dead. This happened a lot, often it wasn't true, but sometimes the hunches were. She could never tell which were her fears and which were... instinct. Her jaw tightened as she dismissed the vision. Not anymore Diz, no more screw ups. They've given you a chance to build something here. So make it count, make them all count.

"Okay." She said, no hint of her thoughts in her voice. "We can try you for sharpshooter then when we get the chance, you talk like one, anyway. But we'll stick with a standard MOS for now - no shame in that, I don't rate a special MOS." No Diz, you rate expert or higher in all of them, but now isn't the time to brag. And you did start as a trooper, not even a spec ops trooper. "And trust me, if you're here, your scores must have blown the curve of the charts with a blaster."

She didn't seem adverse to another cup of coffee, so she went to pour one for herself.

"We'll cover SOP... well, once I've written it. Training as well, but that's going to be a top priority, keeping our edge will be important."

She turned back with her cup.
"So, at the risk of asking what is obviously a personal question - your surname isn't just a surname then? Family motto, sort of thing?"

Time: 0500 hours

She knew that there would be training, in fact, she welcomed it she wanted to better herself, through training she knew that she could. With each training or through scenario she could heighten skills she already has or learn new ones, either way, she refused to give up "Sounds like a plan Chief. I give you my word that I won't let you down." a sparkle shown in Michelle's eye she was determined to help "I'm use to training until exhaustion, even tho I'm here that won't change."

Michelle hesitated a bit hearing Erendiz mention her last name it was kind of ironic that her family were pacifist believing in peace, and yet she was the black sheep joining an army. It wasn't that she didn't believe in peace she just felt that there were other ways to achieve this than being a politician and sitting through political bs while people suffer as the war went on. "My family.. believe in peace.. so they devoted their life to being pacifists. I was 'rase' to be a pacifist as well but clearly, I didn't turn out the way they wanted me to." she laughed lightly to herself "As for how we got our last name.. the Jury still out on that."

[member="Erendiz Kahn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom