Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private It's Just a Phase

EgNqrT1WAAIi6lr.jpg
IT'S JUST A PHASE
Tags: Aayla Shan Aayla Shan
Equipment: N/A​
She wasn't one for study, but the recent experiences she had with her force connection as of late was distressing. Within the halls of Empire's library, she had read of a planet that held within it knowledge, advanced knowledge of the force, and how it could grant one visions. Something she had desperately been trying to decode. Ilum had been a dead end, and while her time with Nyxie had been enlightening, she still felt that she hadn't discovered her path. The darkside was natural to her to call upon, and yet, she tired of how irrational it made her; and of the light, she knew nothing of it. She simply wanted to be feel that she was on her own path. Not shackled to the dark, nor the light, yet she felt that her own inner darkness held her tightly, and would not let go.​
It was frustrating.​
The first red flag for her, was being told that she must remove her armor. Without it, her butchered face was now on full display. Something that caused many of the red and blue skinned aliens in the proximity to gasp and stare. It was like her first year all over again. Moving to the section of the library listed as 'Prophecies and Studies of Entities', she began to look through the database, musing as to what in the world she would even start looking for.​
If only she knew what she was doing. Things might be easier.​

oFmkOzR.gif

Last edited:

tpuAKtr.gif

Aayla was already inside, silently tapping away at the database, hearing an audible gasp of unrest, or perhaps even disgust as the woman entered. Someone got up, moving away from the terminal she was moving to sit at, which wasn't cool to Aayla. She watched the situation, then would close her terminal, making a point to move over to the woman and sit next to her, offering her a smile if she was interested in looking in Aayla's direction.

"That other terminal wasn't working anyway..."

She whispered, turning on the current one, and searching the term

'Arkanian'.

Reading through the series of information within, she would eventually come across another search phrase

'Force Netherworld'.

She clicked that, then seemed to sink her form towards the computer, absolutely gorging herself on the information within. Nearing the bottom of the page however, she would note another search query...

'Astrian'

This one wasn't in the Jedi Archives yet... Perhaps her trip here may prove fruitful after all.

Lilanna Kelamvor Lilanna Kelamvor

2FS8YbB.png

IT'S JUST A PHASE
Movement registered off to her side, and with it, Lilanna turned to face it. She found a rather interesting woman to her side, one that oddly didn't turn away at the sight of her. That was rare indeed. "These terminals are old, I doubt they've been updated since the Clone Wars." She commented coldly, not intending for it to be a joke, though, it could certainly be taken as such. With the brief comments aside, she turned to her search, only to find that she hadn't a clue of what to search. The trouble she found however, was that she hadn't a clue of what to even search for. She merely sat at the terminal, stumped, though her eyes soon drifted to the woman across from her.​
This one seemed to be searching rather viciously, about what, the former Sith hadn't a clue, but....maybe it could give her some ideas. Closing her eyes, Lilanna reached out, a faint ripple would emanate from the force for a moment, as she listened to hum of the terminals, and sought to bring them under her control. It was a simple trick, one she had done before, as she would take the information on Aayla's terminal, and place a copy onto her own. Flawless, or, at least it should have been. Save that she hadn't worked with terminals this old, their technology wasn't as pristine, and when she managed to transfer the data onto her own terminal, she accidentally...sorta....short circuited the one that Aayla was operating. The device flickering off shortly as the woman began to read.​
The information she so desired however, was now showing on Lilanna's screen, something the Warden hadn't intended, as she opened her eyes to find that she had made a mistake. She let out a low sigh, and opted to continue as if everything was normal, hoping that this stranger wouldn't notice that it was her doing that her research had been cut short.​

oFmkOzR.gif

Last edited:

tpuAKtr.gif

Aayla had chortled out a little laugh when other made the joke about the terminals, trying to be pleasant where others had not. Unaware the woman was about to sabotage her important research. When the terminal popped and fizzles, she jumped slightly; looking to her left, then right.

"I... Didn't do that?"

She announced to no-one in particular. Leaning a little to the right on instinct and observing the woman's computer to see if the event was simply something she had done, or something that was going around; indeed quite surprised when she realized the woman was actually looking up the very same thing Aayla was. She froze for a moment, then glanced to her. Well what were the odds of that really? She glanced back to her computer however, and would stand up; moving to the other side of the woman and calmly sitting.

Of course, she was absolutely on to the other at this point, but didn't want to go pointing fingers, or making assumptions. Most especially considering how it might like if she just singled the one person that was somewhat deformed as a culprit... Ignoring the fact she was absolutely the culprit.

As such, Aayla would redo her searches, this time clicking on the species Astrian; learning about the failed Arkanian experiment, among other things. The page mentioned that not too much was known about them, as there were not many of them about.

They were either the first, or last of their kind. The picture however, reminded her very much of her, and created a very fuzzy feeling in her stomach. She wondered if she had just found out what she was...

"So... What's interesting to you about Astrians?"

Aayla asked her innocently, glancing over just a bit at the other; now on her right side, she saw a different portion of her face, and couldn't help but wonder how that happened to her... Surely she hadn't done something like that to herself, and if so, there was no way she would've done it purposely..

2FS8YbB.png

IT'S JUST A PHASE
Lilanna froze, the cyborg woman doing her best to avoid eye contact, as she looked at the information before her. She hadn't a clue what Astrians were, in fact, she had never even heard of them. Her brow furrowed, looking over the seemingly pointless information, as it didn't seem to have anything to do with what she was trying to uncover. Her hand balled into a tight fist as she glanced over the information, only going rigid when she felt the eyes of the stranger upon her. Chit. She knew.​
She thought that maybe, perhaps, if she just kept to herself and said nothing, that it would just pass by. That was not the case, as she heard the stranger ask her about the topic plastered across her screen. Something Lilanna knew little to nothing about. Last thing she needed to risk was getting thrown out of here for hacking into the database. She needed to understand all of this information, and now. She paused, her hand lingering over the display of the terminal, as she closed her eyes once more, and listened for the buzzing of the terminal.​
She had read about this technique being done before, but never had she dared attempt it on herself. She had a small bit of cybernetic work done to parts of her brain during her time with Darth Levo, but, she wasn't sure how it would work with a direct terminal to brain transfer via the force. There was really only one way to know. Focusing on the small bit of information compiled before her, Lilanna forced it into her mind. Her ears were deafened by the sounds of static, her head felt fuzzy, clouded, and she felt a dizzy spell pass over her as information before to trickle in at first, then, it hit like a rush of cool water in her mind. She could practically see the information now in her minds eyes, if she only focused on it, she could perhaps recite it if she so wished.​
Still hit with a bit of a lingering side effect, Lilanna turned towards Aayla, and began to speak of what she now knew. "Perhaps due to their unique connection to the nether, and the fact that they are one of the few species that can even suggest that they can not only traverse the nether, but rather, have adapted to it." She paused, her face contorting in disgust. She never talked like that. If she was going to sound like a lecture droid, perhaps she would just avoid sharing information. Regardless, she needed to deflect the blame away from herself, so she inquired a bit further. "What has you interested in them? They're a rather rare few, are they not?" Now that she looked upon the woman, Lilanna could see a resemblance to the image that was within the data, the only thing missing however, was the silver hue to the eyes.​
Well, this was a hell of a coincidence.​

oFmkOzR.gif

tpuAKtr.gif

It was hard for Aayla to decide what she was looking for exactly from that, but the response just made her rest back a bit. Had she thought this woman was out to get her or something? How Silly... Listening to the response, and from there the further questioning, it was hard to not feel a little silly about being suspicious and overreacting. It was just coincidence.

"Well... I'm not really sure what species I am; and well... I may be Arkanian, but it isn't a direct match. I've never heard of Astrian before today though; and I'm thinking maybe I'm that... My eyes have gotten silver-coated before. Both of them, It hasn't stayed long though; just a couple flecks, then they go back to normal"

Aayla admitted to this stranger, smiling at Lillana even. Aayla had that sort of personality to her; and on any day of the week you could catch her across a spectrum. Completely opposed to you, or completely open. Though she had a tendency to give people a chance more often than not. With that, she extended a hand forward towards the other.

"I'm Aayla... I'm a Jedi Padawan with the Silver Jedi..."

She said in a whisper, noting the librarian had leaned to her right to see who was talking.

2FS8YbB.png

IT'S JUST A PHASE
Lilanna was a rather standoffish and cold woman. Given it be her mistreatment for a time in the Sith, or the fact she looked like a bit of a monster, she just never cared much for people. Aayla had been amoung a rare few people who showed her respect, and for that, Lilanna had shown it in kind. Though she didn't plan on being 'friends' with anyone, she wouldn't be outright cruel unless they truly irked her so. She listened, still not entirely sure what the discussion was about, until she put the pieces together. This woman was trying to uncover her heritage, and Lilanna had just nearly screwed it up. "Well, you could just do what the Mandalorians do and claim to be one regardless." She attempted to lighten the mood, mostly out of guilt for what she had done. Though, her demeanor changed as Aayla had announced her loyalties. Now that was a bit of a surprise.​
"I'm Lilanna. I just do my own thing mostly." She responded, knowing that due to the nature of her job, the fewer people who knew she was a warden the better. Her eyes lingered on the outstretched hand for a moment, but she took it and shook it once. She had never met a jedi before truthfully, and this...wasn't at all how she expected one to be. "Never met a jedi before." She said, her eyes drifting away, feeling that she was distracted from her studies, and that life was going to throw another curve ball at them. "Must be difficult, being unable to love." She wasn't sure where that had come from. Perhaps it was because it was the only thing she knew of jedi aside from their love for the light.​
Honestly, she needed to study up on jedi more.​

oFmkOzR.gif

tpuAKtr.gif

Of all the things she expected the other to throw a curveball at her with, she didn't expect that. Not that she was saying the other didn't deserve love; it was just... She couldn't help but wonder who loved her. Aayla was one to speak, she was scarred up as well, but Lilanna's scarring was severe. It looked almost worked into her frame. Aayla smiled through that handshake, then looked back at her computer in thought.

"That's such a long story I guess... We can love, its what you do with it that matters; or... What counts... Love can't be something that drives you to evil, or irrational decisions. I think that's what the point behind it is. Many Jedi Love, and from what I understand even Sith have been known to love as well; in their own twisted way"

Aayla said, tapping on the console a few more times, and downloading some information to her XJ9.

"Anyway, I'm happy your first meeting with a Jedi was amicable... You would be surprised how often that doesn't happen. Many attack us simply based on our affiliation. Well, not in places like libraries or whatever... Out and about I mean."

Aayla continued, not wanting to say anything... But something called out to her. It was deeper than herself, and likely the Force.

"I think I love a Jedi named Kadan... Kadan Scipora... We haven't told anyone be we've... You know"

She grinned then, suggesting something obviously lewd.

"Sometimes I fantasize about... Having children with him, and leaving all this Force, and War, and Diplomacy... Just abandoning it... I would do that for him sometimes..."

Aayla said, trailing off as she stared at the information on the screen in front of her. She had someone started monologuing, speaking more to herself than Lilanna.

2FS8YbB.png

IT'S JUST A PHASE
'"I always read that jedi were forbidden, that love leads to loss of control over their powers, steers one to the darkside." Aayla sounded conflicted for a moment there, as if she was justifying it to herself. Well now, did this padawan have a dark secret? Well too bad, Lilanna didn't much care for love affairs. Such a thing was beyond her anyways. One thing she was certain though, was the Sith were beyond love. "They love only themselves, and their power. I've met enough of their sort to know. They're monsters, every single one of them." She snarled, her hands morphing to fists, as her anger slipped in at the mere mention of Sith, but Lilanna sighed, composing herself before she lost her cool. She needed to get better about that. "Believe me, I know something about that." Part of the reason she stopped telling people she was part of the Sith. Even if she lost half her face to the bastards, the fact she was enslaved by them made her just as bad as those in their ranks.​
To Lilanna's surprise, she received a confession from the padawan, Aayla revealed who her secret love was. It was a name that sounded exceptionally familiar to the woman, as it caused her to look away from the terminal and towards Aayla. Kadan Scipora. Yes, Lilanna knew that name. But from where? Ah, right. The holonet. Lilanna raised an eyebrow at what Aayla suggested, and now she had a level of black mail to place upon the jedi should the need arise. An unwise move on Aayla's part. Yet, given how she was, Lilanna couldn't fathom a situation where such a thing would be needed. A small part of her envied Aayla, being able to know love? It was something that was far beyond her. No one could dare love what she had become. "Sounds like you two are quite a match then." She remarked coldly. "To know love like that, it's a rarity. So long as you two discuss it, I can't see how it wouldn't work out."
Lilanna had no clue what she was talking about. She hadn't been with a partner in many years. Not since she had left the academy on Korriban. "It's funny, I think I know this Kadan. I sold him info for Felucia not all that long ago. Hope he got whatever he needed from it." She mused, her attention now on Aayla, as the padawan had managed to lure the cyborg into a conversation.​

oFmkOzR.gif

tpuAKtr.gif

Aayla had honestly fogotten about the terminal, everything she needed having been downloaded at this point. Instead she focused her whole intent on the other; paying attention to everything that did throughout the Force, and her own natural senses. And something became immediately apparent. Lilanna could make whatever excuse she wanted, but Aayla was acutely aware that the other was Sith, or was once Sith. She could now feel the Force rolling off of her, and noted how quick she was to anger. Not to mention she had literally divulged the fact she had met many Sith.

Her Facial features, her temperament, her previous friends circles? Though, Aayla had said she was a Jedi first, and Lilanna still shook her head as an equal. It would be rude to call her out... Though, on the other hand, after listening to the other in full Aayla would just smirk.

"You wanna' get outta' here... I mean, I want to talk with my outside voice, not an inside voice..." Aayla admitted, offering a two finger salute to the librarian, who in turn offered them a finger over her lips, and a relatively loud 'SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH' across the way. Aayla just gulped, staring back with a nod. She would sit a moment, then get up to leave.

If the other followed, after that had gotten their gear and moved outside, Aayla would still be slotting her lightsabers to her waist when she turned to the other to say something.

"You could find love too, it wouldn't be hard... You aren't... You know--- You aren't ugly, if you think that. I know people may treat you that way sometimes, like those Karks inside there, but... You deserve respect, and if you open yourself up to it.. Someone will love you, I swear that"

Aayla said, eyes faltering a moment as the next curveball came. She wasn't really sure how to respond to that... Though, as a trainee shadow, she didn't respond how Aayla from two months ago would have, which would've been slamming her fist into the others lower jaw.

"I... I went with him on that mission. We almost died. The details weren't exactly solid, what was the information you sent him exactly? He said it wasn't supposed to be well defended. We walked into a borderline stronghold..."

Aayla said, looking at the other curiously as they walked.

2FS8YbB.png

IT'S JUST A PHASE
It seemed that her research was at an end. Which...was fine by her, she wasn't learning much anyways. If nothing else, talking with a jedi might be just the thing she needed. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt." She muttered, rising as she was hit by the 'SHHHHH' that all librarians seemed ready and willing to deploy. In the Sith library they just beat you. At least here that wasn't a risk, though the public shaming was enough to keep the timid sort in line.​
Moving outside, Lilanna secured her saber and armor, putting up the holoshroud of her desired face up, as though that would fool Aayla as the pair began to walk alongside one another. It was how she had looked before the accidents and the trainings took away her identity bit by bit, it was how she wished she could look again. She wanted to cut Aayla off as she spoke, the woman speaking from a place that hadn't been harmed by those who had broken her trust, hadn't had such a thing thrown back on her and tortured out of her. But she wouldn't. She respected the padawan to a degree, and no such berating would come from her. "I used to believe that, and while your words come from a good place, I've long since denied that. The last time I tried to let someone love me, they turned me into this. So no, I can't have what you have, Aayla. I don't want their love, or their pity, nor respect. I made it this far alone, I can continue on a good ways as is." She retorted, locking her arms up tightly, crossing them across her chest. As much much as she said she was fine with it, Aayla would be able to tell that the former Sith certainly was not.​
Learning of what happened with Aayla and her friend didn't help much either. "I apologize, it wasn't my aim to kill anyone." The warden let out a sigh, frowning as she paused in the walk, locking eyes with Aayla. "I didn't lie if that's what you're thinking. I'm more surprised you two tried risking it. It was lightly guarded, clearly you've never been on a Sith held world before this." She muttered, rubbing the more metal section of her face, as her hologram flickered as she interrupted the display. "A heavily guarded facility has an orbital defense station, relay systems, and a flight defense force so tight you can't even get within a parsec of atmo without someone knowing you're in the system." She explained, hoping it would be taken well by the woman. "The Sith care about power, want power, crave power. It's why they go to such extremes to show it off, because to not to it, means that they're just fake." Just like me. She thought bitterly. In time, she would continue to walk, assuming Aayla wished to do so, though the concern that the padawan might press her for her origins grew.​
She certainly didn't want to fight the woman, but...if it came down to it, she wouldn't hesitate to hold back.​

oFmkOzR.gif

tpuAKtr.gif

So her assumptions weren't far off, the woman was a Sith, or was a Sith... Probably the latter. Aayla had revealed her true nature, and the other had their weapons now; there weren't near the library any longer. If she was that kind of Sith she could have easily taken it there, but she had remained calm; and Aayla would follow suit while that calm lasted.

"You're wrong... Don't get me wrong either, I'm not saying to run around trying to Force guys into your bed... Or girls..."

Aayla offered a side-eye then, smirking just lightly at the other.

"But please don't close yourself off from love. Give people a chance, they aren't all trash. Growing up, I went in and out of Sith captivity...Slavery, would be a better word for it... And yet here I stand, and I love; and am loved. Just reach out Lilanna, and someone will reach back. That..."

She was about to take a risk, but didn't hesitate...

"Sith love doesn't count... All they care about is power. They don't really care about the people in their employ. or tutelage. They are cruel. And they are also so SO few Lilanna... There is a wide galaxy. Not everyone will treat you that way..."

Aayla realized she was diving on the woman pretty hard, and reeled a bit....

"Oh please, Kadan deserved a little struggle; and if it wasn't for you many things would not have happened that needed too. We may owe you a thanks... I may, anyway."

She said, smiling to herself. continuing to listen to the other explain what a truly defended Sith base was... Maybe she was right, but Aayla had not exactly raised much Sith bases in her time, so that one was (as far as she was concerned) highly defended.

2FS8YbB.png

IT'S JUST A PHASE
Her eyes slowly moved to stare at the woman, blinking slowly. Aayla might have believed those words, but Lilanna lived in a different reality from this one. Though the comment about being with men or women broke through the normally stoic woman's defenses. A muffled cough sounding from behind her faceplate, as Aayla had struck a nerve. "I-I would never consider...." She trailed off, unable to truly find a solid defense.​
She had nothing she could do, rather listen to Aayla's words, and try to weather them. She wasn't doing very well on that aspect. To her surprise, Aayla confessed to being a Sith slave, and yet, she had managed to avoid Lilanna's fate. How? Perhaps she truly was weak, and she had merely broken while Aayla remained strong.​
She didn't want to talk about this anymore. "Then you take your love, and you hold onto it. It's beyond me now, and I've long since accepted that. Not everyone finds their prince, Aayla." She felt herself growing upset, and took in several breaths to steady herself. She had tried to love, tried to be open with others, and she had reaped the rewards from such things. "Take care of your prince, least someone desires to take him from you." She wasn't sure why she said that, but it was perhaps a bit out of line. "As for how I should be treated, I'm just a tool for larger entities, as are you." She remarked, before stopping herself. She was getting carried away, letting her emotions get to her. "I forget myself, let's leave this topic behind."
She had expected Aayla to fire off on her, argue with her, pick at her words. The opposite was in fact occurring. This wasn't what she had expected to happen. Not at all. She was merely silent for a time, unable to truly say anything. She didn't deserve thanks, she hadn't done that out of the kindness of her heart. "I didn't do it for you, I did it to get back at my former master."
Were all jedi this confusing?​

oFmkOzR.gif

tpuAKtr.gif

Aayla could feel it of course, the ebb of the others emotions. Lilanna was right... Aayla was scarred, but she wasn't truly disfigured; instilling hope in the other may have seemed right to her, but it was probably more insensitive than anything else. She should've empathized better. How would Aayla feel if she looked like her? Probably less inclined to be talking about such things... Though, Aayla did note the other seemed taken aback by her suggesting the other could've been with a Man or a Woman...

It meant that she thought of such attachments, as she didn't outright deny the premise overall... She could only smile in response to that.

"You don't truly believe that... After all you said it yourself, you didn't do it for me or Kadan, you did it to get back at your Master. You took the fight to that larger entity didn't you?"

Aayla said, offering the other a pointed nod at her words.

"When I was younger, and I mean waaay younger. I felt that rage as well. I didn't want to learn to let go of my emotions. I wanted to sink into them; wanted revenge on the Sith... Some days, I think maybe I still do; but I think its when you let it change you. Let it make your decisions that they've really won, don't you think?"

She asked, offering the other an option to state her own views on it. Aayla would walk up to a tree, and place her right palm on it, feeling into it with the Force.

"So much life here..."

2FS8YbB.png

IT'S JUST A PHASE
"You presume that my former master and the entity we are shackled to are one and the same. You are incorrect. We can't fight against that which traps us." She responded, clearly in disagreement, but not wishing to speak of such things further. The force was a sort of manipulation she had learned, learning to let go of the dark, and only to have it stay with her, linger over her. She felt as if she'd never be free of it. In a way, she could only think Aayla was the same. Their power bound them to their lives, and there was no escape. If only one could let go of the force, perhaps then, they could be free. Yet, she had only met one who had managed that, and they appeared to not be happy with their lot in life.​
"Somedays, I feel that I still am trapped by the past. That the hate is fused into me, and has become merely part of who I am. Trapped in armor I can not remove, merged with steel that will not give. I do my best to walk my own path, but the creature within me, it often fights me to fall back to the ways of my former owners." She could emphasize with that, and in a way, it was a fight that Lilanna would have to continue to undergo. Just as Aayla had. The thought gave her a level of comfort.​
She spoke, eyeing the tree that Aayla touched, and wondered if the woman focused on the other aspect of the force. "And what of death?" She asked, moving towards the tree, tempted to give a demonstration on something trivial, but it was far too cruel for her liking. "There's as much death on a world as their is life. Just as the light and dark balance one another, so too does life and death. In a perfect world that is." She whispered, her gaze falling upon Aayla, staring hard into her grey eyes.​
Was the acceptance of love truly what made them so different?​
It seemed hard to believe.​

oFmkOzR.gif

tpuAKtr.gif

Aayla listened well to the others remarks, and found no lie... Noting as well she had made an assumption. Though she had learned a bit more about the other; perhaps even gleaning a bit into the others life, and what she felt about herself. As far as the mention of death. Aayla offered a solemn nod.

"Always hand in hand with life..."

She moved to kneel, relatively unguarded against the other. In all honesty if the other moved quickly enough then, they could land a clean killing blow...

Aayla brushed away some leaves, revealing a lizard on the ground, still clinging to life; yet being set upon by dozens, if not hundreds of ants. She stared there for a moment, then glanced back up to Lilanna.

"Death is a constant, as is life.. Yes there should be balance... And in this mad galaxy too often does one seek to overtake the other. I wonder then if that is our curse... Can there truly be no peace? Are the Light and Dark fated to do this sad dance for the rest of eternity?"

She asked, her tone suggesting she was being somewhat philosophical. She held out her hand, and felt out into the Force deeper; past what was on the surface. Even as the ants killed, they took and used the mass to breed new life. Something that seemed so cruel, was in the end so natural.

"You are beautiful to me... Lilanna. Regardless of what they did to you..."

She said suddenly, still kneeling and looking up to the other with a warm smile.

"I wish nothing else but the best for you, and I believe the Force brought us together for me to tell you that; just as it brought you to me so I could remember what the Dark is; what its capable of... I'm... So sorry..."

"You don't need that with me... If you don't want it"

Aayla ran her hand a few inches down her own face, obviously talking about the faux image Lilanna had set up. Though, she would begin back-pedaling; moving now deeper into the wood.

"I came here to maybe learn something, but I would hope I met a friend... What do you think?"

Aayla asked finally, putting the other on one of those yes or no hotseats.

2FS8YbB.png

IT'S JUST A PHASE
It was starting to annoy her, the fact that Aayla had an answer to everything she had said thus far was a bit unnerving. But one thing she did agree with, was that life and dark were fated to do this dance forever. The cruelty of the insects in their killing of the reptile was too much for Lilanna to ignore, feeling the death throes of the creature now, she did she felt was needed, and applied to faintest amount of pressure through the force; ending the creatures life to spare it from suffering. It was a cruel fate, but one that could not be avoided. Death awaited them all in due time.​
"Light and Dark are opposed by nature, to be as of one, they would need to shed their identies and become something new. Neither is willing to do so, nor would any rational person." It was something that she had harbored for a time, this belief that the force was far more complicated than what many knew of it.​
It was Aayla's following words however, that dissolved what little defense Lilanna held. Beautiful. Her face reddened in spite of herself, her gaze sinking to the floor. She used to be called that once, back when she was young, before the slavery, before the Sith. She had been a little princess then, spoiled and entitled. Probably just as despised as she was now, save then it was her mannerisms rather than appearance that turned others away. Only two people had spoken in that way to her. First, was Nyxie, and the second was Amadeus. Perhaps Aayla was right, love was still within her reach, if she only trusted herself to let it in.​
That would take a considerable amount of time before that however.​
Until then, Aayla had suggested that the force had brought them together, to learn, and that perhaps they could depart as friends.​
It wasn't something she was entirely against truth be told.​
"I'd like that." Against her better judgement, she uncoupled a small device from her belt, and approached Aayla before the jedi could make a full retreat. "In spite of myself, I enjoyed this encounter. You've given me something to think about, which is more to say than many others." The item was a small code cylinder, the symbol of the Eternal Empire had been shaped into it's side. "If you wish to contact me again, use that code. I'll...probably answer."
With that, she would step back, continuing to look upon Aayla, unsure where they were to go from there.​

oFmkOzR.gif

Last edited:

tpuAKtr.gif

Aayla slowed as the other approached, hands moving to rest at her back. She couldn't help but notice the others reaction to Aayla calling her beautiful. She expected as much. She probably had no heard words of kindness in a long time. She was always reminded that words could easily harm, or uplift. She smiled as it seemed hers had succeeded in the later. So much so that she was now even agreeing to consider her a friend, just as Aayla would be happy to take the other on as hers. Maybe something simple like that could truly change Lilanna's life. Aayla knew too well how it felt to not have anyone in your corner.

And like Lilanna said, Aayla had her own prince already; she could spare some energy to uplift this woman.

Aayla's hand went up, taking the code cylinder into palm; looking the device over briefly, then letting her gray hues rest on the other for a moment.

"Then I'll call on you to chat soon then.. I'm glad to have met someone like you Lilanna."

She said, then, without thinking would close the distance between them and hug the other. If she didn't resist, Aayla would cradle the smaller woman's head in palm as she hugged her tightly against her own frame, allowing their body heat to intermingle just briefly. After a few seconds, she would step back, left and right hands on Lilanna's shoulders respectively, she would squeeze and rub at them as she continued to smile at, and for the other. Even if Lilanna couldn't smile, Aayla could do that for both of them too.

"Goodbye for now Lilanna, and May the Force be with you..."

She said plainly, staring for a few beats longer, then turning with a smile... For some reason, she just felt so good about the meeting. She felt as though she had brought happiness to someone else's life, and that, in no short order brought Aayla happiness of her own.

2FS8YbB.png

IT'S JUST A PHASE
To a bit of Lilanna's own surprise, Aayla took the code cylinder from her. It had been some time since someone actually accepted an offer of friendship. Years perhaps? She truthfully lost count. It had been sometime. She felt more at ease now, her mood lightened, and she didn't feel as if she had wasted most of her day. That one was a first.​
Perhaps she could try having friends from now on, maybe things could be different. Maybe not everyone was out to get her.​
Maybe.​
Their eyes locked, and for a moment, Lilanna felt that perhaps someone else now understood her. It was a pleasant feeling.​
To her surprise, Aayla embraced her, arms wrapped around her body, an embrace she had gone nearly a decade without feeling. Lilanna stood still, quiet, unable to speak for a moment. Her cheeks were bright red, her body frozen, and her mind blank. What even was happening now? She felt her head being cradled, a soft palm pressing against the back of her head, and Lilanna merely stood; how was she to respond to this? As Aayla stepped back, squeezing Lilanna's shoulders slightly, the cybernetic woman's eyes glancing to the padawans hands, trying to piece together what was unfolding here. Then, Aayla began to depart, and Lilanna could only watch in uncertain silence. It was enough to finally squeeze some words out of the woman. "Farewell, Aayla. May the force be with you." She spoke, taking several steps back, before passing through a row of trees as if they didn't exist.​
She felt the strangest thing as she began her trek back to her ship. She felt happy.​
/End thread​

oFmkOzR.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom