Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its Investment Time!

Nicademus Blith

War as a business to end war as a business
Nicademus was currently on his way to commenor, to meet with a potential investor for his new line of transport he is coming up with, but in order to mass produce it he needs a source of income. Luckily he found a guy [member=judah dashiell]. Nicademus was currently with an old friend, [member=lady kay] she was one of the best negotiators in the galaxy, and that would help Nicademus well. As they approached the spaceport of the main city on the planet, he put down his datapad.
"This is probabally going to be less exciting than the normal feth we get ourselves into." He said

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
With Commenor being one of the biggest trade planets in the Republic, it was no surprise that the prospect of new transports caught Kay's attention. She needed to know more about them as well as the people behind it. She couldn't afford a scandal to fall into her lap. And this couldn't of come at a better time. Which also made her a little wary. Wartime was a good reason to make someone suspicious and she had both sides watching her.

Kay waited patiently at the port, watching as [member="Nicademus Blith"] 's ship arrived, with her loyal bodyguard watching nearby, but blending in with the everyday people. Her assistant [member="Fixx Kearney"] might also be attending, but no doubt he was compiling some data for her first.

In the meantime she waited for her guests to approach before she would greet them.

Nicademus Blith

As nicademus' shuttle landed, he was greeted by [member=lady kay] right outside, knowing he was ready to get to buisness, he approached her.
"Hello Lady Kay, i suppose we are about to get to buisness then, are we still waiting for [member=judah dashiell]?" He said inquisitivly.
His wookie bodyguard Dethric was with him, just in case, you never know. Nicademus also had a small holdout blaster concealed in his suit, in case of emergency.

Kay-Larr

Kay smiled as [member="Nicademus Blith"] approached, bowing her head to him. "Hello Mr. Blith. Welcome to Commenor." She bowed her head to Dethric as well. "[member="Judah Dashiell"] has not yet arrived. I think it would be fair if we give him a few extra minutes, don't you? There could be a number of reasons for his delay. But if you have a tight schedule to keep, then we can of course go and get started right away."

Tiali stood next to Lady Kay weapons put away, he holds a calm stance legs spread apart, hands grasped together with his thumbs twiddling together. he didn't know why he was here he was just here to do his job. his eye's curiously searching the room for threats.

This was a standard situation we come in, make a deal, we wait, nothing more, nothing less, no need to stress.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Nicademus Blith"]

Kay-Larr

And there was [member="Tiali Orazio"] right on cue. She smiled to [member="Nicademus Blith"] as she spoke to him, gesturing back the way she had come. "On the contrary I have a meeting room all set up for us, complete with refreshments. If you and your guard wouldn't mind following me."

Kay turned and walked passed a few warehouses. Once she had reached the third one she opened the door and stepped inside. Leading them down a hallway, she took them to the third door (three was her favourite number) and opened it, taking them inside.

Sure enough it was a large meeting room, complete with long table and chairs, and another table along the wall containing many foods and drinks. "I hope this will suffice, Mister Blith. Tiali, my assistant might be arriving later, as well as another gentleman, so don't be surprised if others join us."

On the roof of a warehouse adjacent to to the one the investors were in stood a squad of heavily equipped mercenaries. They had heard about this investment opportunity on the holonet, and had done some research into the company. Blith tech manufactured mainly weapons and starships, both things which the Black Sun Syndicate was very interested in. They had then discreetly followed Blith to the meeting point, where they would make their move. Unfortunately for [member="Nicademus Blith"], these mercenaries were not there to invest. They were there to rob.​
[member="James Xerox"] would go in as a potential investor, prepared to make a large donation to the company. Once he had scouted the inside of the compound with his AR contact lenses, the rest of the team would move in. They'd take all the money, materials, and information they could find, then make their way out. However, there was also one more asset they were looking to get their hand on. [member="Lady Kay"] was well-known for opposing the Hutt cartel, and the Hutts just so happened to be the Black Suns' arch-rivals.​
A man known as 'Cutter' laid prone on the rooftop, looking through a pair of high-tech binoculars. He was armed to the teeth, just like the rest of his teammates. He scanned the compound for security, then radioed to Xerox. "James, what is your status?"
[member="Tiali Orazio"]​
[member="Ydrin"]​
[member="Cha'Kut"]​

Ah Commenor. The world held such good memories for the spacer. He committed so many transactions on this planet he had lost count. Some of the security forces and tax officials knew him by name, they had come so accustomed to seeing him around.

Stepping off the Lost Angel, James began walking briskly to the conference room his good friend and business partner Nicademus Blith had told him they would be conducting business. Part of him was here to find a few more good deals and bargins, the other was because his business was the official and exclusive shipping man for all of Blith Tech.

Trotting up the steps James murmured into his encrypted concealed comm, "This is Rogue Three, we be moving into position over."

To anyone else listening in, it would have sounded as little more than a pop song on the channel, however to his head of security the message was loud and clear: stand by for whatever was there. James had garnered no small number of enemies in the process of becoming one of the chief players in the shipping game. Going from the captain of a tramp freighter to an admiral over thousands of tonnage made him a true rags-to-riches story, despite how his clothing looked. A large portion of the cash was sunk into the private army that was standing by a few seconds away, waiting on his beck and call.

At last stepping into the room in a cloud of cigarette smoke, James grinned at the occupants. There was Lady Kay, he was wondering if she forgave him yet, there was Nicademus, and there was a pair of strangers he didn't know.

With a charming smile he took a seat, "Apologies, mates for being late, the traffic here was from Primevil hell," he offered a bottle of Corellia's finest ale, "What have I missed?"

[member="Lord Ajihad"]
[member="Nicademus Blith"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Tiali Orazio"]
[member="Growl"]
[member="Kylo Kyr'am"]
[member="stardust"]

Kylo Kyr'am

Clan Kyr'am Alor'ad/Grim legion Leader
Kylo walked into the conference room his gas mask hiding his face. He looked to Lady Kay through his glowing red lens and nodded to her then sat down next to James and nodded to him. "Hello James, what's going on anything important go down that I miss yet?" James examined the room very carefully looking for anything out of place, anything that shouldn't be here. He activated the scanners in his helmet. Kylo knew why he was here and he intended to do good job.

[Member=James Justice]
[Member=Nicademus Blith]
[Member=Lady Kay]

Stardust walked in and looked around smiling "ahh [member="Lady Kay"] it is a pleasure to see you again" she said then turned to [member="Nicademus Blith"]"and it is good to see you again "she said and took a seat by @janes justice " have I missed anything yet?

[member="Kylo Kyr'am"]

Kay-Larr

Even more were arriving than she had expected. Hmmm. How many invitations were sent out? No matter. The meeting room was large enough to hold them all. At least she knew some of them, [member="James Justice"] and [member="stardust"] included.

"Nothing was missed. We were only just getting started. There are refreshments and drinks on the side for you all, even some of Commenor's famous Brandy, if that's to your liking."

Kay then turned to [member="Nicademus Blith"] and gave him a look that basically said, 'well we better get started'. She cleared her throat and then spoke. "Mr. Blith, Commenor as you may be aware, is a planet that deals heavily with trade, the planet itself being smack dab in the middle of some of the trade routes and offering some of the quickest routes through Republic space. If there were ways to allow for more goods to be shipped and in better safety, then I am all ears. Of course there are plenty of warehouse and factory space here available as well should you be looking to use it as another location for your business to operate."

With all of her concentration being on those in the room, she had no idea on the mercenary team, including [member="Lord Ajihad"], that awaited them at the warehouse next door.

"I'm entering the warehouse now. Out."

Xerox glanced around the interior, his eyes fitted with AR contacts, scanning and noting the area. He was posing as a financial advisor, going to seek out a potential buy from Blith Tech, but in reality he was a front, simply scouting the area and seeing what was worth grabbing.

What a first job for the questionable lawyer.

He entered the conference room now, the young lawyer looking at the assembled group seated at a large table. Xerox coughed lightly and blushed at thr sudden attention turned to him as he spoke.

"Um, I hope I'm not too late. James Xerox, financial representatives. Mr. Blith, we spoke through holoprojector. I wasn't expecting an audience when we spoke...hello, everyone."

James grabbed a seat after shaking hands with Blith, looking over everyone in the room. A red haired woman and her bodyguard sat on one side, with a rather rough looking guy sat opposite with a Twi'lek and a masked man. Of course, Blith had a Wookiee bodyguard with him as well. Xerox took this all in, sending all of this to his boss, who was paying handsomely for this. James adjusted his nice business suit and spoke up.

"Have I missed much?"

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="James Justice"] [member="stardust"] [member="Lord Ajihad"] [member="Nicademus Blith"] [member="Kylo Kyr'am"]

Nicademus Blith

Nicademus was happy to see such a large group, turning to the xerox man who had just entered.
"Why yes i belive we have, have a seat. And no we were just getting started i belive." He said
Nicademus felt for the OM-P 376 he had under his desk, this seemed off to him, he didnt know what, but something felt off about this day. but he started with the presentation.

Nicademus activated a holoprojector he had in his coat pocket, and activated it, a ship appeared on the table.
"Okay, so this is the design, it has the R&D codename "Starlight", and it is designed to hit the sweet spot between large bulk freighters, and smaller light freighters, with a compromise between the cargo capacity of the former, and the speed and manueverability of the latter. From our market research, the more modular the ship, the better it sells, so modularity was one of our core tenants when designing this ship. The ship is about 70 meters in length, and has a class 2.0 hyperdrive stock, it has 6 quad laser turrets stock, with a cargo capacity of 20000 metric tons of cargo capacity, with an incredibly modular interior. Any questions before i continue?" He said to the others
[member=lady kay] [member=james justice] [member=stardust] [member=lord ajihad] [member=kylo kyr'am] [member=james xerox]

Kay-Larr

Kay bowed her head to the late comer, [member="James Xerox"] as he had arrived. She then leaned forward a bit as [member="Nicademus Blith"] began his presentation. It was quite pretty for a cargo vessel. "What are it's shielding capabilities? I understand that it has turrets, but those can only do so much. And these days, you can never be too careful."

She used to be the COO of Armatech, before the company became an evil entity, so she knew a bit about different types of ships and defences. And she knew to not ask for a price. Those that have to ask, can't really afford to pay. And with Commenor's economy performing really well right now, there was bound to be several companies that would be willing to buy these fine ships.

[member="James Justice"] [member="stardust"] [member="Lord Ajihad"] [member="Kylo Kyr'am"]

Cha'kut stood on the rooftops with the rest of her squad and put two of her fingers to her head. Her telepathic abilities sure came in handy . "I'm in position." She took a knee down to the rooftops and waited for the signal.

[member="Lord Ajihad"] [member="James Xerox"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Nicademus Blith"]

James nodded as he leaned forward, "I be having a few questions along with what the Lady said. Ye said modularity. Could we be making something mighty fast from this? We got strong punchers in our fleet ye made for us, now we need something fast. And obviously those that haul the heavies for freight. Could this baby fill both of them roles?"

He let out a few short puffs from his cigarette before continuing, "Also, me be wondering how many ye were gonna make? We could snatch these up like twe'liks on a frat house," he gave Stardust a playful nudge at the comment, "and I got may a private hauler that could use these. Admiral Stardust here could work wonders with these things I am sure, if ye gives her the chance."

[member="stardust"]
[member="Cha'Kut"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Nicademus Blith"]
[member="James Xerox"]
[member="Kylo Kyr'am"]
[member="Lord Ajihad"]
[member="Tiali Orazio"]

Nicademus Blith

Nicademus listened to the questions.
"Shield capabilities, are about average, and Mr. justice, it could be modified aftermarket, though this would probably lower the cargo capacity, but it could be done." He said
[member=james justice] [member=cha'kut] [member=lord ajihad] [member=lady kay] [member=james xerox] [member=stardust] [member=kylo kyr'am] [member=tiali orazio]

Kay-Larr

She nodded. About average. Hmm. [member="Nicademus Blith"] could just be selling base models. But that was okay, for it made the prices for purchase much easier.

"What is your inventory like? Or will they be built after order?"

[member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="James Justice"] [member="stardust"] [member="Kylo Kyr'am"] [member="Lord Ajihad"] [member="James Xerox"] [member="Cha'Kut"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom