Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Getting Cold Out

Rose Kuhn

R
[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]

She shook.

Rain cut through air, heavy slashes of water that seemed to press into every nook and cranny available. Thunder and lightning roared behind her, accenting the single bright light that shone on her from the camera that she had place onto the ship.

Rose stood inside of a small overhang, a massive cliff face reaching out to cover her and the ship. Heavy drops of rain touched down only a few feet from where she stood, when the wind pressed a certain way it sent a crash of water over her and the ship, though that hardly mattered now. Her clothing had changed since the last time she had done this, though it had been a week so that shouldn't have been too surprising.

Instead of a flak jacket she now wore a thick metal breastplate that squished tightly against her chest. There was a cloak hanging around her shoulders. Her arms were still uncovered, save for the glove on her left hand. Her pants were long, though they still had the same amount of pockets. Her blaster was strapped to her thigh and the blade that had been pinned to her chest now hung from one of her arms. Her hair was tied in the same tight ponytail, though it was soaking wet and hanging down her back.

She was still smiling.

"Hey Lily." Her voice was shaking, her arms wrapping around herself.
"I found a planet that isn't all sunshine and rainbow." Rose chuckled to herself. "Just the opposite I think."

Her smile widened for a second, then disappeared as another crack of thunder sounded over head followed by a bright spark of lightning. Her eyes opened wide, then slowly she looked back towards the camera, the smile slowly creeping onto her lips. "That was a close one."

"I've been here for a few days now. Three, maybe four. It's rained every single one of them. The storm clouds are so thick I'm afraid to leave, lightning might strike me or something. I'm actually not even sure if you'll get this, though Dad said the transmitter on the ship was capital grade." Whatever that meant. "Anyway, I've spent the days exploring, I even built myself a little camp."

Her hand reached over and she grasped the camera, picking it up and wandering further into the alcove that she had placed herself in. As she moved deeper into the rock outcropping the warm glow of a fire appeared, and quickly it became apparent that Rose really had built herself a small home. There was a fire, a tent, a clothesline where her wet clothes dried from the heat of the flames. Everything was quite neat and dry. "I've set everything up like Uncle Kiran taught us way back when. The first day I kind of messed up...everything god soaked, but everyone's always said I'm a quick study."

Rose moved the camera around the camp sight, showing off her work. There was more than a hint of pride in her voice as she spoke, the smile on her face widening as she slowly sat herself down next to the fire and turned the camera once again towards herself.

"As you can see I had to do a little upgrade on my wardrobe. I found it while exploring, crashed Old Republic ship." Rose gestured to the metal breastplate and the thick cloak around her neck, clearly rather pleased with herself. "The Flak Jacket got a bit damaged, turns out even Asheran Armorweave can only take a blaster bolt or five."

She scratched the back of her head. "I ran into a few pirates last week, the locals had been right about not lingering in a place for too long. Took me a second to figure out the blaster, but between that, the glove, and the armor everything worked out alright."

For a moment she shifted her gaze as if looking around, then a wide grin set on her face. "Don't tell dad."

Rose had made sure to appraise her father of her journey too, of course. Lily had gotten the first message, and then her father had gotten the second. They had only been a day or so apart, and this would mark the third message that Rose sent in total, though it would be for Lily alone. She would likely make another for her father later, leaving out the pirates of course.

"I never thought I'd like it this much, Lily." Rose practically whispered to her sister. "I'm learning so much, about myself, about the galaxy, about people."

Her smile became shy and she blushed slightly, though Rose quickly shook her head. "I can't wait to tell it all to you when I get back. I hope you're safe. I love you, expect another message soon."

Rose waved her hand over the camera one more time, then slowly depressed the button on the side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom