Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private It's Been Awhile

004594c27421dc7d862ea039d329eabf.png

Kahlil certainly didn't expect to get use to living in space stations. Floating around in a metal vessel with no sign of plant life that he had gotten so use to in his time on Kashyyyk. No giant trees. No grassy fields. It felt barren. Isolating. But that's just how his life ended up. He gave up a lot, all to try and stop his father in some vain attempt to be a hero. Was that even what he wanted? The young man sits alone at one of the several bars, idly sipping some sort of drink. Nonalcoholic of course. Last thing he needed was to be drunk if assassins came his way.

"Another, if you don't mind." He nods to bartender. Life had gone pretty sideways.

Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun

Another pitstop. Lori had plenty of those. Jaster's Sparrow could only hold so much fuel. But at least it had better range than a fighter did. Still, it was usually more than just fuel that was required. It was supplies as well.

And at this point Lori just needed to stretch her legs. There was a lot going on with the Eclipse Rebellion. However her part was usually that of a distraction more than anything else. All of that was fine. It gave her more freedom of movement. And the less that she knew about who she worked for, the better. Especially if she was ever caught. That was highly unlikely though. Lori had managed to slip through their fingers every single time. Even when she was in the belly of their Star Destroyers, she still got away. That luck was sure to continue for the rest of her life.

Walking into the bar of the station, Lori had a plan in mind. However it had nothing to do with the Rebellion at all. Instead it had to do with her late Dad. He was killed by Prazutis a few months prior and she had yet to even honour his memory in any way. She strolled up next to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , not yet even really looking at him and ordered herself a drink. "Whiskey please. On the rocks." What better way to honour her Dad than with his favourite drink?

Kahlil kept his eyes on his drink, even as another joined him. He was lost in his own head, trying to figure out what next to do, how to do it, where his life should go now. He had failed his own expectations, and those of others. The young man let himself wallow and was probably going to for the rest of the night if he didn't recognize the voice beside him. He almost choked on his drink mid sip before he calmly set the glass down and cleared his throat.

The Jedi glances to Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun first, before assuming anything. It had been a while, but he recognized her. How could he forget? He tries his best not to laugh as he speaks up.

"I didn't think you'd be a hard liquor drinker."

It was the near choking that caught her attention. And of course she was concerned. Yet Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble recovered well enough. All the sane, she did a double-take and then flashed her ol's goofy grin.

"Ha! Shows what little you know about me. I'm many things and this is just one of them." Kaine Australis gave her her first drink of hard liquor when she was fourteen. It was after a battle, and she had survived. They honoured the fallen with it.

Lori took her whiskey in hand and paid for it in kind, taking a big gulp of it after saluting the air itself on the other side of her. She wiped her mouth with the back of her free hand. "Whatcha been up to? Not towing the family line, are ya?"

A friendly face was a welcome reprieve from his own self doubt. A warm smile spreads across Kahlil's face as he shifts in his seat to face Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun more properly. He watches curiously at the salute, but doesn't mention it in favor of leaving her to what ever ritual it was. He stifles a laugh at her question, shaking his head.

"Certainly not. I've been traveling, helping out people that I meet as I go. What of you? It's been.. What. Years?"

"Well that's good to hear."

She had another sip of her whiskey and then set the glass on the bartop as she too, turned her body so that she'd face Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble more squarely. Lori gave a light shrug of her shoulders in regards to what her own comments would be. "It's been a while, yeah. I've been looking for treasures, done a bit of smuggling, a bit of fighting." Then came the mischieveous grin. "Made myself a public thorn in the side of an evil Empire too." That was her most recent exploit. And the one that she could be the most proud of.

"Ahh. Yeah, that sounds sorta familiar, not gonna lie." He smirks. His gaze travels to the bartender as he orders his own glass of whiskey. At least with a friend he wouldn't have to worry about being caught flat footed. Hopefully. Kahlil tried not to laugh at what she said, but even he couldn't hide it. "You've been busy! Sounds pretty similar to my own life, though I haven't had the chance to stop dear old dad."

He trails off a bit, seeming to retreat back in his own head.

"Oh! How's what's his name? The guy you're with. Sorry I haven't met him yet."

"It's going to take more than one person to stop your Dad. Or maybe, just one black hole while he's trapped in carbonite..." Or something along those lines, anyways. But knowing him, he had ways of getting out of that too. Maybe even teleport.

Wasn't her problem anyways.

Lori's brows rose as Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble inquired about Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin . She smiled in spite of herself. The two were growing a Force Bond, something that neither of them had expected, yet it was good all the same. "Curtis is doing well. He's on this station too. Ever since I got impaled, he's been watching out for me." And for good reason too.

"Maybe.." Kahlil trails off, turning to his drink again. There had to be a way to stop his father that wasn't so drastic. The issue was, as always, finding it. He takes a long drink. It stung, as this strong of alcohol does. Enough to knock him out of his wallowing again. What changed in his life that wallowing was something he would even do?

He turns his gaze back to Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun and pauses at the mention of Curtis. That wasn't the one he meant. Though, the name was familiar. Oh. Right. He gives a rather nervous smile.

"He doesn't happen to be a Sith, does he?"

Lori shrugged her right shoulder as she picked up her glass with her left, taking another sip. "He used to be....But I'm not so sure that he really had his heart set into it. He doesn't like them." That didn't make Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin a Jedi any moreso than she was. Yet the important thing was that he wasn't a Sith.

"He's kinda like you in that regard, I guess. Changing your lives for the better."

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Ah.. Yeah. I think I know him." He lets out a sigh, looking slightly conflicted as he takes another long drink of his booze. They had fought, once, long ago. Back when Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin was still part of the Empire. Well, if Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun thought he was good, then that'd be enough for him.

"I'll have to meet up with him again some time. It'd be nice to see another who left the Sith."

"Well he's around. I'm sure you'll see him at some point." With their Force Bond growing, the two were starting to feel eachother out, and even communicate via some form of telepathy. It was still very new to them, yet they were experimenting all the same. Lori thought it was very wicked and figured that the possibilities for them were endless.

But Force Bonds could be terrible too. Her Mom and Dad had one, before her Dad was killed. Now her Mom almost seemed like a ghost herself. She seemed to be quite lost.

She had another sip of her whiskey. "I think that there's more leaving the Sith. I got impaled by one with some Dark Force spear....And then...he healed me. He used a part of himself to heal me. I think he's dead now though. Saving me was one of his final acts. So I'm taking full advantage of my second chance at life."

"I'm sure I will." There was a part of him, deep down, that felt nervous of the idea. Still, he should trust Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun 's decision. He knew nothing of Force Bonds, at least, not the normal kind. His own with his Father had been one sided and thankfully severed. He blinks at the mention of a spear though. And that the Sith.. Healed her?

"That's.. Odd. Darkshear is a powerful ability, but one seeped in darkness. I'm impressed they'd change enough to heal you."

Lori shook her head a little with a shrug of her shoulders. "I don't understand it myself. But he did enough to keep me from dying." She didn't know much about the Force. That was mostly her fault though. Her twin brother knew plenty as did her Dad. But Lori just couldn't handle the discipline required. She was too much of a free spirit.

"I'm still a bit sore and it's easier to strain the muscles. But once I can get to a bacta tank, I should be right as rain again."

"Almost a week ago, why?" The fact that Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble seemed concerned almost made her feel as though she needed to be concerned as well.

"Residual effects? I don't know. I've never come across such Sith sorcery before. I mean, I don't even know how it all works. I don't exactly get into duels with them all the time, you know." Or any duels really. She had other things to do and a Rebellion to fight for.

Kahlil frowned a little, but nodded. If she wasn't in pain now, it'd be unlikely she'd end up in pain at all from it. Bacta would be good, though. The young man rubs the back of his head as he takes another sip, half chuckling as he did. Their very first meeting was him trying to kill Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun and her father. Times really did change.

"Well. If you're alright now you should be fine. Just, get to some bacta soon, yeah?"

Lori breathed an inward sigh of relief as Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble seemed to relax about her condition. The last thing that she needed was to have some bad news. Her family had already lost her Dad. They didn't need to lose her too.

"Yeah I'll get to some. This is just a pit stop. Ship's not got enough room to carry one around all the time, otherwise I'd have one. What kind of ship are you flying these days?"

"I dunno what I'd do if Jaster's Sparrow got destroyed. I mean I'd buy a new one, surely. But it just won't be the same, you know?" Lori just didn't want to imagine such a loss. Jaster's Sparrow was her home.

To Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble 's next question, she shrugged her shoulders a little. "Back to skirting the Eternal Empire's territory more than likely, and scoping out the planets there to see who would want the Rebel's help in keeping the Empire at bay. What about you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom